Follow

Wonder Woman

Character » Wonder Woman appears in 8805 issues.

The Amazon princess, blessed with god-like super abilities, Wonder Woman is one of Earth's most powerful defenders of peace, justice, and equality and a member of the Justice League. She is considered an archetype for many heroines outside of comic book. Her initial origin depicted her as a clay baby brought to life by patron goddess Aphrodite, but in recent years she has been depicted as the daughter of Zeus and Amazon queen Hippolyta.

Why Wonder Woman should be a judo expert?

Avatar image for deactivated-59dfd33ed3601
    deactivated-59dfd33ed3601

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I think the powerhouse tier needs a Ronda Rousey. Someone that don't rely on strength to win fights but someone that can use their opponent's strength and momentum against them. I would like to see Wonder Woman fight like she did against Superwoman in Crisis on Two Earths more often. I say we toss her sword to the side and have her doing hip throws and armbars. Fight smart and make her opponents submit instead of fighting wildly like Wolverine.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

She doesn't need eastern Martial Arts. She has Martial Arts from ancient Greece and those Amazonian evolved. It's kinda annoying when people ignore that there are other forms of MA besides traditional eastern ones.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman: Because eastern styles are the most common and overrated ones. I can guarantee a lot of ma have little knowledge besides what they see on tv. I would to see writers portray Diana's ancient style of ma instead of the traditional ones.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@somayareece: everyone knows Greco roman wrestling. I think the problem is that it's not flashy. Not many people recognize the name Pankration but they can use that. Everyone actually are familiar with the style. It's a mixture of boxing and wrestling. Looks like MMA when watching it.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman: Which isn't very useful in this day and age. Ronda Rousey brought a fighting style that most people could care less about and made it the most dangerous weapon in MMA today. She doesn't even have to be a good boxer or wrestler.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By dernman

@somayareece: It's more useful than most eastern MA. Do some research on Pankration. Not many would be able to tell the difference with MMA which people love.

They kick, wrestle, submission and punch. It was MMA before MMA.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman: I will keep it in mind. I'm more of a fan of the chi-blocking (that's not the real name) style though which I think might be in combat sports.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.