Follow

Wonder Woman

Character » Wonder Woman appears in 8719 issues.

The Amazon princess, blessed with god-like super abilities, Wonder Woman is one of Earth's most powerful defenders of peace, justice, and equality and a member of the Justice League. She is considered an archetype for many heroines outside of comic book. Her initial origin depicted her as a clay baby brought to life by patron goddess Aphrodite, but in recent years she has been depicted as the daughter of Zeus and Amazon queen Hippolyta.

Why did Wonder Woman leave Themyscira?

Avatar image for throwawayacount
    throwawayacount

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By throwawayacount

I checked her biography on this site, Wikipedia, and the DC wikia but I can't seem to find the answer. I'm sure I'm just overlooking something but its driving me nuts. To be clear I'm asking about the most recent incarnation. I understand the Golden Age reason, but the new one escapes me.

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

To experience the pleasures of man's world.

Avatar image for throwawayacount
    throwawayacount

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nerevarine_11: That simple? Alright, then. Thank you for your answer.

Archizooom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

She left Paradise Island to return Steve home and do some stuff on behalf of the Patrons. We don't know yet what that is

JoaoPedroGomes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In Pérez version: she leaves to defeat Ares. She's the last amazon to be born, she's blessed by the gods and... well, that is her destiny. There are even prophecies about her being the one to save not only the gods (who Ares was rebeling against), but the whole mankind. Steve shows up after her mission is already established.

In Rebirth (until now): she is the only amazon who haven't seen the world (cause she was born after the amazons already lived in Themycira) and is curious about it. Everyone tells her there is only darkness beyond their shores, but she wants to see for herself. Steve is her opportunity to leave, and she makes the great sacrifice of leaving with the promise she will never find her way back.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.