Follow

Wonder Woman

Character » Wonder Woman appears in 8719 issues.

The Amazon princess, blessed with god-like super abilities, Wonder Woman is one of Earth's most powerful defenders of peace, justice, and equality and a member of the Justice League. She is considered an archetype for many heroines outside of comic book. Her initial origin depicted her as a clay baby brought to life by patron goddess Aphrodite, but in recent years she has been depicted as the daughter of Zeus and Amazon queen Hippolyta.

Who is she or should be actually ? #FansOnly

moi245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By moi245

Okay so for years and years wonder woman has been portrayed differently by different writers in different continuities !

But i want to to know what all the wonder woman fans think !

1 - What does she mean to you ? What makes her different from other top DC powerhouses ?

2 - How would you like to see her get portrayed in comics and live action !

3 - What do you think her role should be in her own title comics ?

4 - Love interest or no love interest if yes then who ?

5 - Should she have any biological siblings or you prefer her made out of clay ?

6 - What should be her power level ?

7 - If she was a normal person what career path do you think wonder woman would choose ?

8 - Warrior, Diplomat, or Emissary of Peace or All Three ?

Please be considerate of other people's opinions and no bashing ! We all like the same character so at the end of the day we all just want her to be Wonderful xD

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

As someone other that who was cast as her. I want to be a voice of reason, a kickass warrior when reason fails,

Non God, maybe demi god. Princes not Queen. Someone who's learn from the outside world as much as she's tried to teach to it. She brings that back to the Amazon's to curb their prejudges and is met by antagonistic attitudes..

Yes Steve Trevor. What they did in Smallvile was perfectly cute,

5 - Should she have any biological siblings or you prefer her made out of clay ?

I'm iffy on her having siblings but ditch the clay.

Not sure. I keep going back and forth on this

7 - If she was a normal person what career path do you think wonder woman would choose ?

Housewife mother homemaker ^__-

piece of all three

Avatar image for deactivated-599b4bc7465db
    deactivated-599b4bc7465db

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

1 - What does she mean to you ? What makes her different from other top DC powerhouses ?

I dont think you mean on a personal level but on a thematic level she means peace and love and compassion and rehabilitation. She's more nuanced i think in her dealings with criminals and she should be more interested in fighting the systems at play as opposed to individual criminals(so she should take down like a regime or corporations not just a single villain like batman or superman tend to do..which isnt bad that they do just different from what i believe wonder woman should do).

A mix between golden age wonder woman and post crisis wonder woman. I want it to be at least a solid effort that doesnt ditch the themes of women empowerment and feminism that should run throughout it. I want it to have real meaning and political relevancy as opposed to being another blockbuster

im not sure what you mean.

Doesn't matter to me though id like if they worked on keeping steve as her love interest if they go with a love interest route. I'm not a fan of her with any of the other heroes

I dont mind siblings but she should be made out of clay. It's alot cookier than New 52 origin and I believe Wonder Woman should have a cooky and eccentric world/mythos

She should be a top tier in all aspects of physicality. She should be as strong as the other big names as she was created to be. Super speed(equal to Superman). Flight(granted by Hermes). Durability. Bullet Proof. Also think itd be cool if they explored more powers for her

Something that allows her to mold minds so an activist or a teacher

All three

AwesomeHobos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@moi245 said:

Okay so for years and years wonder woman has been portrayed differently by different writers in different continuities !

But i want to to know what all the wonder woman fans think !

Please be considerate of other people's opinions and no bashing ! We all like the same character so at the end of the day we all just want her to be Wonderful xD

I like your question! You seem like a nice person.

1. I'd say to me she's really striking as a character who I see as most like the Christian Messiah. I always see Superman get all the references and nods but it's Wonder Woman who always feels more similar to me. They both kind of fight their battles the same way. They're both expected to be these big warrior gods that are gonna lead their people when in reality they advocate peace and would rather talk something out than lead a rebellion. Her values of honest and love and similar things really make me appreciate her cause and her heroic nature.

2. I think in her own comic I'd love to see her really embrace the role of Diplomat and Ambassadress. I'd like to see her with her own embassy again as well as her own city (Gateway City?). I think it's important to respect her role within World Culture, Amazon Culture, and Olympian Culture, which would probably be handled best with a strong supporting cast that encompasses all three groups. These characters could consist of, but are not limited to, Zola, Zeke, Hera, Ferdinand, Steve Trevor, Etta Candy, and Artemis. I also believe it would be a good idea to base ARGUS out of Gateway City (but move Amanda Waller back to Cadmus). I say all this, but I don't want it all to be the focus of he book or movie, she needs to be. I'd love her to be depicted as loving, and kind, and real. I would love for her to have a genuine sense of humor that just consists of funny things (no dirty jokes). She has to very intelligent to, like intelligent to the point where she can explain complicated things simply, and I think she should use that intelligence to end most disputes. I also things she should be depicted as proficient with her lasso and in hand to hand combat that is meant to disarm and incapacitate, not harm. I also advocate the skirt for her costume but that's just me.

3. Her role I think should just be as a good genuine person. I do believe she should be an ambassadress and diplomat and princess and hero and all that, but let's be simple. Let's just start her off doing things as a good person, not trying to represent anything but the best in humanity.

4. I honestly love the idea of Steve Trevor pandering after her because just from life experience, if you've got a great girl like Wondy, you can't help but pander after me. Steve just speaks to me like that. But I do want to specify that he shouldn't be weak or stupid. He should know when no is no and he shouldn't go after a girl who isn't interested, but when she is interested he should be depicted as weak in the knees.

5. I like to talk about this question because I feel like I've seen so many people having a problem with clay origin but I've also heard so many people advocate for it and I saw a great idea somewhere else on the forum. The idea is that she should be born like a regular birth from Hippolyta and Hercules (the Hercules part isn't necessary but it could be cool) and then out of spite Hera turned the child to clay for 3000 years. I think that's a cool way to align it with Greek myth while also making it somewhat acceptable on both sides of the aisle.

6. I think we shouldn't really know. I think she should walk into the room and just have the presence of a god whether she is one or not. I think she should be written like that, and written to have words and a brain so powerful that you never question her strength. I also think she should win battles in intelligent ways so that maybe her full strength is never shown.

7. I could see maybe a Social Worker

8. I think it has to be all three. I think Wonder Woman is a character meant to show the capabilities of women and femininity, which aren't aligned with any one idea. I personally veer away from the idea of her being a sword and shield bearing masculine warrior because I feel like that's forsaking her femininity. I feel like she should fight with the lasso of truth because her weapon is truth and you could say the truth binds, the same way a lasso would. I also think her role as and Emissary is very important because it gives you an interesting perspective that you don't get from many other heroes. She has the weight of representing an entire people on her shoulder and she's pretty much in the world eye all the time, and everything she does is going to be question which is a perfect opportunity for her intelligence and character to shine (which goes back to the similarities with Christ, he was always in the public eye of whatever city he went to and he was always questioned and because of his character and intelligence (and the fact that he was God if you believe it) he always had an answer for them that proved them wrong). Then of course is her place as a diplomat which I just think is the nice neat bow that ties her character together, it puts politics and peace together in a way that really gives her character a chance to shine.

moi245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Personally my most favorite superhero ! Her amazonian warrior background, her compassionate nature, her skills and just the way she is ! too many things to list !

Someone who is intelligent, very powerful, compassionate, a great fighter, gets work done and acts like a great leader and acts wise instead of being naive.

I wanna see her as proper revolutionist, i want to see her change things on a big scale ! Someone who changes the system and is not afraid to make tough decisions if the situation requires.

I am totally more than fine if she has no love interest to be honest lol xD But if there has to be one, i prefer it to be Steve Trevor I also don't mind her with Superman ! but please not Batman i just don't understand that ship at all like batman is one night stand kind of guy and Wonder Woman is toooooo good for him.

CLAY ALL THE WAY ! that made her very unique !

I always hear she is almost as strong as Superman or she is in the same class of Shazam, Martian Manhunter and Superman ! But i guess its about time DC made her just as strong as them ! I want her to be strong enough that if she goes up against Shazam or Martian Munhunter her chances of winning are 50-50 Not mentioning Superman cause she has been on equal grounds with him whenever they fought ! She should be invulnerable to piercing weapons/bullets ! and her speed should be like superman [thanks for pointing that out] @willienotwilliam

I personally think she would be a strategist or an ambassador but she can also make a great commander in army !!!! Would love to see her in army :3

All three !!!!! dismissing any one of the three would be an abomination !

Thanks to everyone for answering everyone ! i wish i got more responses tho !
    That compliment made me smile :))))) @awesomehobos

Avatar image for deactivated-61d5b935096d2
    deactivated-61d5b935096d2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I agree with earlier responses about how she should be taking on the system. To me, her commitment is to peace in a way that other heroes' isn't. She is here to change mankind, to make it better, not simply to guard it.

As a compassionate, charismatic and determined women bent on making a difference to the world at large, but not losing sight of creating change at an individual level as well.

Someone caught between being a hero to the outside world and a leader to her own people. She should have to deal with these two roles individually and how they both conflict.

Not that bothered. I think she could have one sometimes, but not necessarily all the time. Definitely not Superman or Batman.

Clay, no siblings, but the other Amazons should be like siblings to her and even Superman or Batman could be considered to have a sister-brother-like relationship with her.

Basically on a par with Superman, etc.

I can see her as a counsellor or a social worker. Someone making a difference to people's everyday lives.

All three, but mainly emissary of peace, which will require her diplomatic skills anyway.

Avatar image for deactivated-59dfd33ed3601
    deactivated-59dfd33ed3601

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@agent41: I honestly think the members of the JL should be portrayed equally. We shouldn't have Superman being superior to everyone else. Each member should have a advantage and disadvantage over one another. Wonder Woman shouldn't be portrayed as weak.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@agent41: I can see her from many angles with equal interest.

One example would be the traditional conceptual extreme top power route or a differently but better universal balanced one of my preference.

Really the only thing keeping me from straight up choosing the latter is I do have respect for tradition.

Personally if I got to create a universe of my own that used archtypes of those characters I would forget the tradition and use my own universal balance of preference.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By dernman
    @agent41 said:

@dernman: When it comes to power, what i know for sure is that she has aways been a powerhouse since her debut.

Whether I agree or not that wasn't the question asked.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@agent41 said:
    @dernman said:
    @agent41 said:

@dernman: When it comes to power, what i know for sure is that she has aways been a powerhouse since her debut.

Whether I agree or not that wasn't the question asked.

The question is about power. She was a powerhouse in the 40s and has been a powerhouse ever since.

I don't know how you could have misunderstood the question. The question isn't what her powers levels have been. The question what what do you think her power levels should be. See?

What should be her power level ?

There is more to consider than just what her tradition is or isn't.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By dernman

@agent41: I know the question. Since she has always been a powerhouse i can't see her as anything else and i think that everybody should respect the standard, it shouldn't be hard since she has always been ranked as a top tier, that is my point, i don't think that people that have been fans for years could see her as a street leveler for example. Being a powerful amazon warrior is part of the core of her character, and she needs to be a top tier to move around the type of stories she has had for so many decades, you know dealing with mystical momsters, gods, avatars,etc.

If you realize it then you know it's accepting more than one way to look at it. Not everybody shares the same opinion and outlook? Some things are more important to others. It's why the question was asked.

You put tradition first but others might put what they think is better instead.

For me when it comes to WW I battle with conceptual tradition and what I think is a conceptually better universal balance. It's something I go back and forth on.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By dernman

@agent41: When we see a good story with a street leveler WW then we can talk. Street leveler WW from more than 5 decades ago was not a good thing at all.

Subjective opinion is subjective. Also pointless because though it may or may not have been bad before doesn't mean a different writer couldn't make it good. Further making it not matter as much, who but you specified street leveler as the only alternative? There is a whole lot of inbetween.

Changing her power means changing her rogue gallery, and the way to approach her stories, it means changing more than once thing, because you can't change the power and still have the same stories and villans she has had.

and that not necessarily wholly accurate considering you don't even know what changes people are thinking on making or a bad thing if it the person thought it wasn't.

----------------------------

This whole thing is just asking for what we think and prefer. Dunno why you're trying to challenge me. It's not like it's something you can win because the only way to do that is to change my mind. Then you would have to do the same to each and every individual person who doesn't share your opinion. It's not a right or wrong question. It's a opinion finding one.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.