Follow

Wonder Woman

Character » Wonder Woman appears in 8805 issues.

The Amazon princess, blessed with god-like super abilities, Wonder Woman is one of Earth's most powerful defenders of peace, justice, and equality and a member of the Justice League. She is considered an archetype for many heroines outside of comic book. Her initial origin depicted her as a clay baby brought to life by patron goddess Aphrodite, but in recent years she has been depicted as the daughter of Zeus and Amazon queen Hippolyta.

who does wonder woman love BATMAN OR SUPERMAN

Avatar image for deactivated-599b4bc7465db
    deactivated-599b4bc7465db

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

the answer is c. her amazonian girlfriend

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
    deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Batman as a friend, Superman as a lover

Hawk80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not Superman, this for sure.

joelsmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman. i don't really like wonder woman and bats together i think is sucks but thats just me. and there were more romantic interactions between the two than batman and wonder woman didn't have. They flirted in the animated series but bruce aways turned her down. but they did share a kiss in blackest night. When Wonder Woman and Superman care for each other more than anyone else. but don't worry batman still has selina kyle and any girl in gotham.

I_Rock_Fiction

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#355  Edited By I_Rock_Fiction

Everyone on here is totally wrong. The fact is Wonder Woman and steve trevor have way more romance history than either batman or superman have with her.

She gives up her immortality for Steve in one arc, has a child with him twice in 2 different arcs, (cassie trevor) and (lyta trevor). Also she moves to Olympus to be with steve for all eternity in the silver age I believe, where they had Lyta.

Most recently season 11 of smallville origins, did her origins to where steve got shipwrecked on the island as a boy and in secret, grew up with diana as a friend and her first crush. Until he was found and taken back to mans world, she later left the island in search of him and her mother.

In the new 52 they really fleshed out steve, but they really messed up wonder woman by pairing her with superman, which completely negates steve having a reason of being in the new 52.

Batman has way to many romances, at least 12 or 15, Wonder Woman does not need to be just another score for batman.

Superman and Wonder Woman are just weird and its rather degrading to her character, as whenever shes been paired with another super it always leads to her being de powered and turned into the doting worry wart girlfriend.

Marston wrote diana to be her own dominant character and not to play second fiddle to anyone. Steve was added to provide her with a connection to humanity, as well as comedic relief and a romance for her. As well as to be her manzel in distress.

So yea wonder woman shouldn't be paired with either of them. I say Trevor or no one at all.

Imnosuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_rock_fiction:

SM/WW is not degrading to Wonder Woman. The fact is that historically Wonder Woman always looks much better when paired with Superman than when paired with Batman. She helps, rescues, saves, guides him much more times than he saves her. Her rogues destroy Supes as if he was nothing.

Meanwhile Batman defeats Wonder Woman, Cheetah and Circe as if they were nothing. In the cartoon he seduced Cheetah, had Wonder Woman drooling for him, and Circe was his fangirl who wanted to watch him sing. 3 for 3. Catwoman and Dick Grayson also defeat Cheetah. Clayface dominates Diana. Stories written by BM/WW fans have her weaker than Poison Ivy and powered down to deal with Gotham problems.

Meanwhile Diana blitzes and overpowers Superman's enemies and Supes himself.

The facts couldn't be clearer, and they just keep adding up, like in the lastest Bat-cartoon where Nightwing fought Cheetah on equal terms.

SM/WW is the most feministic pairing ever.

darkman61288

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#357  Edited By darkman61288

@imnosuperman said:

@i_rock_fiction:

SM/WW is not degrading to Wonder Woman. The fact is that historically Wonder Woman always looks much better when paired with Superman than when paired with Batman. She helps, rescues, saves, guides him much more times than he saves her. Her rogues destroy Supes as if he was nothing.

Meanwhile Batman defeats Wonder Woman, Cheetah and Circe as if they were nothing. In the cartoon he seduced Cheetah, had Wonder Woman drooling for him, and Circe was his fangirl who wanted to watch him sing. 3 for 3. Catwoman and Dick Grayson also defeat Cheetah. Clayface dominates Diana. Stories written by BM/WW fans have her weaker than Poison Ivy and powered down to deal with Gotham problems.

Meanwhile Diana blitzes and overpowers Superman's enemies and Supes himself.

The facts couldn't be clearer, and they just keep adding up, like in the lastest Bat-cartoon where Nightwing fought Cheetah on equal terms.

SM/WW is the most feministic pairing ever.

It can be argued that any pairing of Diana with a superhero not from her mythos is sexist. She is not meant to be anyone's love interest.

Also I can argue that Diana being on Superman's power level is bad for her. But that is a discussion for another time.

I_Rock_Fiction

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkman61288: @imnosuperman: Sup/WW Is definitely not the most feministic pairing ever, and that was not a point that I was arguing.

Also idk what you're talking about, superman has constantly been shown powering through just about all magical foes save maybe diana herself. I mean he has ko'd a few of the olympian gods in almost a single hit lol.

Not only that doomsday nearly killed diana and so did zodd and his subordinate,so thats not true.

And technically speaking wonder woman is not as strong superman. His feats of strength far outstrip hers. Which essentially turns her into supporting character. I mean thats all she really is right now in the current S/WW romance.

But tbh Im not a huge fan of power couples. Save maybe the relationships in the teen titans comics. Those are really the only power couples that have ever been popular.

darkman61288

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@agent41: @imnosuperman: @i_rock_fiction: She becomes a supporting character not really because of her power level, but in terms of how she is viewed by the public both comic readers and non. Superman, Batman, Spider man, are Top level characters. People know who they are, who their villains are, who their love interests are, etc. WW doesn't have that. People know of her and things like the lasso, the tiara, and the bracelets but that is it.

Avatar image for deactivated-57dd84d2af8d3
    deactivated-57dd84d2af8d3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

She loves them both, but she shouldn't love them romantically. Besides, Batman and Superman are lovers always and forever.

HaveAtThee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really hope they don't turn Diana into a lovesick girl in the film. I can see her being attracted to both men, but she doesn't need to fall in love with either one.

ArkhamWrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why not Aquaman ?

dshipp17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#365  Edited By dshipp17

Not Batman, Superman, or Steve Trevor. I liked her lodging with Ferdinand, and I want to see her closer to Dr. Psycho; Manhunter would be better, also. As you can see, I like romances, but, my tastes are quite different. I'd love to see the tension between Wonder Woman and Dr. Psycho, most of the time, and the cooperation between them, sometimes.

I'm really not interested in who Batman or Superman is paired with, and I don't care if Steve Trevor is romantically involved with anyone. For me, it's more of a question of the shallow character nature of the women who need to be paired with Batman, Superman, or Steve Trevor.

But, in a disinterested sort of way, I did enjoy Superman stories that had Lois Lane or Lana Lang trying to get with Clark vs Superman, not knowing Superman's true identity; it's like me thinking "what if they knew he was an alien?"; and, Clark finally being able to reveal his secret, after years of seeming not to be reciprocating Lois's and Lana's romantic feelings, even though he does; my heart just bleeds a little for a woman throwing herself to her dream, prince charming, and him not feeling anywhere near the same level of affection for her, and, also, Clark or Superman not being the jerk that he has to portray in order to keep his secret. Now, in the case of Batman. I haven't seen him behave towards a woman who's attracted to him to much of any extent, but, I'm cheering for the woman to get this rich guy who's as close to perfect for her as a man could be. But, I much more prefer to see men like Batman and Superman fighting and working, than I do them being romantic; I'm more interested or driven towards the character features.

And, someone like Steve Trevor, I'd be more interested in stories about him and showing the way he ticks, but, honestly, from the little information about Steve that I do know, he's just as bland as can be; there's just nothing remarkable about him to me; the only thing about him seems to be that Marston wanted Wonder Woman to be brooding over a man with a handsome face which was not a trait that I could like about Wonder Woman; with him being so bland and pointless, all I can do is look more into the Wonder Woman character and think, why him, but not Dr. Psycho in her mind? Are these just her excuses to not reciprocate Dr. Psycho's affectionate feelings towards her? And, if it just has to his looks, is her answer, than I can go, why am I invested in this character in my mind? To me, Dr. Psycho's character flaws being a reason is just an excuse that's just too easy; that would work if Dr. Psycho looked like someone like Steve Trevor, so, I can understand why she doesn't have romantic feelings for DC's Hercules, but, there is still small feelings for Hercules in Wonder Woman's heart, but, I can only attribute that to a shallow nature; but, on the other hand, Darkseid is just repulsive in every way, but, he doesn't really care about a romance either. But, honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if Wonder Woman was the first woman to breakup with Steve Trevor, so, he's brooding, since he lost such a catch. Thinking about the plight of someone like Dr. Psycho, why would any male, at least, be concerned about Trevor's well being after the breakup? I have a passing curiosity about how Steve handles it, but, if he doesn't get suicidal, or, have a major change of character, than, I can move on; if Steve became a villain, as a result, than, I have something to hang my hat on as a way of finding something interesting about him, but, it would more of a away to have a reason to despise him than to feel empathy for him (e.g. meaning, considering him the villain of the story); over time, than, perhaps, I would be more interested in Steve to see his character development as a villain, and to want to look deeper into his background to see why his reaction was so abnormal (e.g. his response to his good looks not getting him any woman that he wanted). I'd certainly be interested in Batman or Superman a lot more, if they had a breakup and reacted badly.

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dshipp17 said:

Not Batman, Superman, or Steve Trevor. I liked her lodging with Ferdinand, and I want to see her closer to Dr. Psycho; Manhunter would be better, also. As you can see, I like romances, but, my tastes are quite different. I'd love to see the tension between Wonder Woman and Dr. Psycho, most of the time, and the cooperation between them, sometimes.

I'm really not interested in who Batman or Superman is paired with, and I don't care if Steve Trevor is romantically involved with anyone. For me, it's more of a question of the shallow character nature of the women who need to be paired with Batman, Superman, or Steve Trevor.

But, in a disinterested sort of way, I did enjoy Superman stories that had Lois Lane or Lana Lang trying to get with Clark vs Superman, not knowing Superman's true identity; it's like me thinking "what if they knew he was an alien?"; and, Clark finally being able to reveal his secret, after years of seeming not to be reciprocating Lois's and Lana's romantic feelings, even though he does; my heart just bleeds a little for a woman throwing herself to her dream, prince charming, and him not feeling anywhere near the same level of affection for her, and, also, Clark or Superman not being the jerk that he has to portray in order to keep his secret. Now, in the case of Batman. I haven't seen him behave towards a woman who's attracted to him to much of any extent, but, I'm cheering for the woman to get this rich guy who's as close to perfect for her as a man could be. But, I much more prefer to see men like Batman and Superman fighting and working, than I do them being romantic; I'm more interested or driven towards the character features.

And, someone like Steve Trevor, I'd be more interested in stories about him and showing the way he ticks, but, honestly, from the little information about Steve that I do know, he's just as bland as can be; there's just nothing remarkable about him to me; the only thing about him seems to be that Marston wanted Wonder Woman to be brooding over a man with a handsome face which was not a trait that I could like about Wonder Woman; with him being so bland and pointless, all I can do is look more into the Wonder Woman character and think, why him, but not Dr. Psycho in her mind? Are these just her excuses to not reciprocate Dr. Psycho's affectionate feelings towards her? And, if it just has to his looks, is her answer, than I can go, why am I invested in this character in my mind? To me, Dr. Psycho's character flaws being a reason is just an excuse that's just too easy; that would work if Dr. Psycho looked like someone like Steve Trevor, so, I can understand why she doesn't have romantic feelings for DC's Hercules, but, there is still small feelings for Hercules in Wonder Woman's heart, but, I can only attribute that to a shallow nature; but, on the other hand, Darkseid is just repulsive in every way, but, he doesn't really care about a romance either. But, honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if Wonder Woman was the first woman to breakup with Steve Trevor, so, he's brooding, since he lost such a catch. Thinking about the plight of someone like Dr. Psycho, why would any male, at least, be concerned about Trevor's well being after the breakup? I have a passing curiosity about how Steve handles it, but, if he doesn't get suicidal, or, have a major change of character, than, I can move on; if Steve became a villain, as a result, than, I have something to hang my hat on as a way of finding something interesting about him, but, it would more of a away to have a reason to despise him than to feel empathy for him (e.g. meaning, considering him the villain of the story); over time, than, perhaps, I would be more interested in Steve to see his character development as a villain, and to want to look deeper into his background to see why his reaction was so abnormal (e.g. his response to his good looks not getting him any woman that he wanted). I'd certainly be interested in Batman or Superman a lot more, if they had a breakup and reacted badly.

the idea of Diana paired with Dr. Psycho is beyond repellant to me ... not because of his physical ugliness, she can see beyond that, but because he is basically her antithesis, a bitter angry misogynist. What on earth makes this an interesting romantic pairing?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dshipp17 said:

steve is too boring so she should have romantic connection with a rapist and a murderer ?

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

@dshipp17 said:

Your obsession with Dr. Psycho has scaled new peaks

OrangeBat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@dshipp17 said:

Honest question.

Why do you like Dr. Psycho so much that you think he should become among the front and center of Wonder Woman's supporting cast and villains? If we consider his actual track record in comics and other media, when was the last time he was even relevant, as opposed to Cheetah or even Circe?

And what is with your insistence on some kind of romantic/sexual entanglement between him and Wonder Woman? Are you projecting on the guy or something?

aster_KFLover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the answer is c steve trevor

daingermouz20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Neither,She loves Steve Trevor if anybody. I always looked at the WW/Superman as the people in charge putting their most powerful male hero with their most powerful female hero. Kinda like the Black Panther and Storm union. Let's put our most popular black female heroin with our most popular black male. I have always liked the idea of Aquaman and Wonder Woman, Mr. Terrific and Powergirl,Nightwing and Supergirl,wonder Woman and Jonn Jonzz, Magneto and Storm etc The odd pairings I find more interesting and more realistic.

I_Rock_Fiction

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

dshipp17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@csg_cl said:
    @dshipp17 said:

the idea of Diana paired with Dr. Psycho is beyond repellant to me ... not because of his physical ugliness, she can see beyond that, but because he is basically her antithesis, a bitter angry misogynist. What on earth makes this an interesting romantic pairing?

There is clearly not post-crisis evidence that Wonder Woman can get past Dr. Psycho's appearance, thanks to the way she's been portrayed in the New 52; there is now quite a bit of evidence that Wonder Woman judges men based on their appearance and pretty much no evidence to the contrary. Dr. Psycho is only an antithesis in the sense that Dr. Psycho has come to rash decisions about women based on the way they treated him, while Wonder Woman grew up around women who shaped her, as a person, based on the way the men they chose to associate with treated them; Dr. Psycho was born with certain physical features that provoked the same response from women towards him; nothing Dr. Psycho actually did caused his treatment by the girls and women around him. Now, the way the western society works, in the initial meeting and courting stages, women chose which boys and men they will associate with and which boys and men they will not associate with; Dr. Psycho's experience with women was shaped in this area where women chose which boys and men they will associate and which boys and men will not associate with, but, at the same time, these women judge the boys and men they will not associate with based on assumptions, appearance, and what other people say about these boys and men. Aside from Dr. Psycho's looks, he was a very student, so, women partly grouped him dweebs, as they call them, which was helped by his unattractive appearance; plus, the people these women chose to associate with probably made off color jokes about Dr. Psycho, making it feel even more empowering to threat Dr. Psycho with cruelty. Dr. Psycho is stuck in this social box where women will not allow him to share anything interesting about himself to the women so that he can be judged by them as a person. Plus, the boys and men that these women do chose to associate with are probably those jock types that like to build social points in these women's eyes by deconstructing men like Dr. Psycho, further reinforcing their assumptions about these men, even though they decided to never know the man independently on their own. In the case of other boys and men, Dr. Psycho can associate with them, because men don't judge other men based entirely on assumptions and what other people say; men judge other men based on personal contact, on one hand, but, on physical appearance, on the other hand, but, the key key is there was some personal contact involved; men will than decided whether or not they want further contact, based on his assumptions about the man and what other people might have said about the man; from this initial personal contact, some men may decided that he and the Dr. Psycho person will never be close and that he'll never run into the Dr. Psycho man again, if it can be helped; sure, the man's social sphere will strongly influence his decision to, but, the key remains that the man had some personal contact with the man. Or, with boys and men, this Dr. Psycho person will only be at a certain pecking order in their social chain; if boys and men are trying with one another, they can almost always associate initially, but, personal interaction will cause them to become, friends, acquaintances, or rivals; usually, this happens when the other boy or man makes their pecking order for the Dr. Psycho man, and the Dr. Psycho boy or man either tries to gain more respect that he thinks is due him, he'll accept his place in the pecking order, or, the two boys or men will part ways, when the Dr. Psycho boy or man will get served for not accepting his place in the pecking order (e.g. attempts to pick on him, diminish him in front of others, being ostracized, etc.; during this process, it could involve girls and women). However, because women do not approach the Dr. Psycho boys and men with the personal contact, but all the rest based on assumptions or rumors about the Dr. Psycho boys and men, women reach conclusions with zero personal experience with the Dr. Psycho boys or men, permanently listing him as a dweeb never to know. Thus, Dr. Psycho boys or men take this social dismissal by women in different ways, but, in one respect, correctly concluding that this woman has decided that she's too good for him or he's beneath her. With Dr. Psycho, we have this judgment formed and the only emotions that women reciprocated with him was cruel mocking or indifference, but, it's somehow Dr. Psycho's fault for not being able to communicate with people who've decided that they wont get to know him. Thus, although Dr. Psycho is not behaving as people who can't grasp his plight expects from him, Dr. Psycho's demeanor is understandable to someone who can understand his plight; women can't understand his plight, for the reasons described next.

The women around Wonder Woman was shaped by the treatment of the men they chose to associate with; the women decided, in the initial social stages described above that these were the men who they would get to know; because of this, we have the various types of social interactions that we see in the media (e.g. jocks who either have multiple women at one time or pass through women in very short time periods, women seeking the affection of men who will not show or reciprocate their affection, macho men who need to be in charge, even genuine misogynists, etc; these men who were boys learn from the media how they might behave towards women); usually, this results in men pairing with women who are not meant to be together; we than have the emotional abuse, psychological abuse, physical abuse, assaults, murders, rapes, or, women with men who may not be quite right for them, but men who can adapt to their situation and accept it (e.g. these are they women singled out, because they supposedly make up the Amazons); than, at the end of this experience, women come to sweeping conclusions about men that includes the Dr. Psycho men and boys who they would not know and society makes sweeping conclusions about how women are treated in a male dominated environment; the Dr. Psycho boys and men should not be judged based on the judgment call of women based on the men they wanted to be involved with at the initial social interactions; the Dr. Psycho men and boys could not penetrate into the social spheres of women and could not contribute to these women's experiences with men; these examples, although modern, still fully applies to antiquity, if someone wants to be so literal as to say that women endured worse in antiquity; although that's true, women have always controlled who they will get to know, as an initial matter.

Now, Dr. Psycho boys and men were never close enough to the women to inflict emotional abuse, psychological abuse, physical abuse, assaults, murders, rapes, etc upon the women. So, Wonder Woman comes along and tries to judge Dr. Psycho based on his reputation, will not know him, and based on a completely different layer of the social sphere where Dr. Psycho has never been with women. So, she partly will only judge Dr. Psycho based on assumptions, where his reputation happens to match his actions, and based on the way the women who she knows got treated by the men they chose. And, to Wonder Woman, Dr. Psycho is beneath her. Thus, because of this social mismatch and Wonder Woman's perspective of being above Dr. Psycho's romantic reach, Wonder Woman cannot be an antithesis for Dr. Psycho, yet Wonder Woman makes a good example who can be under Dr. Psycho's radar, especially being shallow and believing that Dr. Psycho is beneath her, while be beautiful, heroic, and empowering to women; Dr. Psycho can feel just a tad better knowing that women who rejected men like him ended up in bad situations, while Wonder Woman wants to empower these women out of the hole they've found themselves.

This would make for an interesting romantic pairing, because, Wonder Woman is too like a woman and shallow to ever want to know a man like Dr. Psycho, while Dr. Psycho is able to show Wonder Woman that he's interesting enough for her to know him better, setting the seeds for women to change how they get to know the men in their lives. We than have a mismatch in pairing where Wonder Woman can be who she truly is while Dr. Psycho would only serve to build up Wonder Woman on an emotional and psychological level, but, before they reach this state of romantic equilibrium, Dr. Psycho can vent his frustrations at Wonder Woman, while Wonder Woman can become less naive about the dynamics between men and women; essentially, they can help each other grow as people, while helping the readers understand that women aren't always the victims at the hands of men; since Wonder Woman is unlikely to balance this equilibrium with Dr. Psycho, we can always have interesting stories that lots of people will like and be attuned to every month; and, the stories would clearly be orders of magnitude more interesting than the pretty girl with pretty stories that we see with Superman, Batman, and Steve Trevor (and making it look like there can be tensions in these pairings would just not come across as genuine, or, the tensions are not really tensions but petty crying by people who have it all together; we have these pretty boy/pretty girl pairings in life and we get the cases of emotional abuse, psychological abuse, physical abuse, assaults, murders, rapes that we are so accustomed to from real life).

dshipp17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dshipp17 said:

steve is too boring so she should have romantic connection with a rapist and a murderer ?

If it were that simply, I would have pick any or all villains but Dr. Psycho (e.g. the Joker, Darkseid, or Lex Luthor). And, yes, Dr. Psycho would be a fair more interesting pairing than Steve for various other reasons, one reason being that Dr. Psycho is not bland.

@dshipp17 said:

Honest question.

Why do you like Dr. Psycho so much that you think he should become among the front and center of Wonder Woman's supporting cast and villains? If we consider his actual track record in comics and other media, when was the last time he was even relevant, as opposed to Cheetah or even Circe?

And what is with your insistence on some kind of romantic/sexual entanglement between him and Wonder Woman? Are you projecting on the guy or something?

Because Dr. Psycho brings other things out about Wonder Woman in the mind of most readers than virtually any other existing villain both before and after Azz's run; in place of Dr. Psycho, Azz said he created First Born; I think Dr. Psycho would have been far more interesting than First Born; and, in an unspoken way, Azz brought in Orion in place of Dr. Psycho, where the stories would have ended up being far more interesting with Dr. Psycho. Dr. Psycho would help resolve the Wonder Woman character in the mind of readers than the villains usually chosen. Everyone assumes that Wonder Woman is compassionate, loving, truthful, etc; interacting with a character like Dr. Psycho will help fans draw conclusions about the character with respect to these alleged attributes, in the same way that a long history between Superman and Lex Luthor and Batman and Joker has changed fans minds about those characters (e.g. while fans have a naive perspective of the Wonder Woman character that's as fresh as her introduction in the Golden Age, fans perspectives of Superman and Batman have evolved considerably since the Golden Age (etc.right now, some people actually think of Batman as borderline sociopath, whereas, in the Golden Age, he was this pure crime detective)). We really need to see what spectrum of shallow Wonder Woman is with an ugly male character (e.g. it matures our understanding of compassionate, loving, truthful far better than her trying to make someone of the same sex feel better about themselves; Dr. Psycho is damaged in such a way that no one can began to repair him better than this ideal female who is Wonder Woman who's supposed to be all compassionate, loving, truthful, and, this may not necessarily be all true; we can only know this with extensive interaction with Dr. Psycho; it can't be say Batman or Superman, because Dr. Psycho's special kind of damage stems from women and only women can explain why they can't approach Dr. Psycho, but, the Wonder Woman needs to be strong and empowered instead of timid and squeamish).

You raise an interesting question which is also the problem with Wonder Woman: other characters but Dr. Psycho are used for character development that is only possible with Wonder Woman interacting with Dr. Psycho, like Superman with Lex Luthor, and Batman with Joker, where Dr. Psycho would probably only have done even more wonders for Wonder Woman.

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dshipp17 said:
    @csg_cl said:
    @dshipp17 said:

There is clearly not post-crisis evidence that Wonder Woman can get past Dr. Psycho's appearance, thanks to the way she's been portrayed in the New 52; there is now quite a bit of evidence that Wonder Woman judges men based on their appearance and pretty much no evidence to the contrary. Dr. Psycho is only an antithesis in the sense that Dr. Psycho has come to rash decisions about women based on the way they treated him, while Wonder Woman grew up around women who shaped her, as a person, based on the way the men they chose to associate with treated them; Dr. Psycho was born with certain physical features that provoked the same response from women towards him; nothing Dr. Psycho actually did caused his treatment by the girls and women around him. Now, the way the western society works, in the initial meeting and courting stages, women chose which boys and men they will associate with and which boys and men they will not associate with; Dr. Psycho's experience with women was shaped in this area where women chose which boys and men they will associate and which boys and men will not associate with, but, at the same time, these women judge the boys and men they will not associate with based on assumptions, appearance, and what other people say about these boys and men. Aside from Dr. Psycho's looks, he was a very student, so, women partly grouped him dweebs, as they call them, which was helped by his unattractive appearance; plus, the people these women chose to associate with probably made off color jokes about Dr. Psycho, making it feel even more empowering to threat Dr. Psycho with cruelty. Dr. Psycho is stuck in this social box where women will not allow him to share anything interesting about himself to the women so that he can be judged by them as a person. Plus, the boys and men that these women do chose to associate with are probably those jock types that like to build social points in these women's eyes by deconstructing men like Dr. Psycho, further reinforcing their assumptions about these men, even though they decided to never know the man independently on their own. In the case of other boys and men, Dr. Psycho can associate with them, because men don't judge other men based entirely on assumptions and what other people say; men judge other men based on personal contact, on one hand, but, on physical appearance, on the other hand, but, the key key is there was some personal contact involved; men will than decided whether or not they want further contact, based on his assumptions about the man and what other people might have said about the man; from this initial personal contact, some men may decided that he and the Dr. Psycho person will never be close and that he'll never run into the Dr. Psycho man again, if it can be helped; sure, the man's social sphere will strongly influence his decision to, but, the key remains that the man had some personal contact with the man. Or, with boys and men, this Dr. Psycho person will only be at a certain pecking order in their social chain; if boys and men are trying with one another, they can almost always associate initially, but, personal interaction will cause them to become, friends, acquaintances, or rivals; usually, this happens when the other boy or man makes their pecking order for the Dr. Psycho man, and the Dr. Psycho boy or man either tries to gain more respect that he thinks is due him, he'll accept his place in the pecking order, or, the two boys or men will part ways, when the Dr. Psycho boy or man will get served for not accepting his place in the pecking order (e.g. attempts to pick on him, diminish him in front of others, being ostracized, etc.; during this process, it could involve girls and women). However, because women do not approach the Dr. Psycho boys and men with the personal contact, but all the rest based on assumptions or rumors about the Dr. Psycho boys and men, women reach conclusions with zero personal experience with the Dr. Psycho boys or men, permanently listing him as a dweeb never to know. Thus, Dr. Psycho boys or men take this social dismissal by women in different ways, but, in one respect, correctly concluding that this woman has decided that she's too good for him or he's beneath her. With Dr. Psycho, we have this judgment formed and the only emotions that women reciprocated with him was cruel mocking or indifference, but, it's somehow Dr. Psycho's fault for not being able to communicate with people who've decided that they wont get to know him. Thus, although Dr. Psycho is not behaving as people who can't grasp his plight expects from him, Dr. Psycho's demeanor is understandable to someone who can understand his plight; women can't understand his plight, for the reasons described next.

The women around Wonder Woman was shaped by the treatment of the men they chose to associate with; the women decided, in the initial social stages described above that these were the men who they would get to know; because of this, we have the various types of social interactions that we see in the media (e.g. jocks who either have multiple women at one time or pass through women in very short time periods, women seeking the affection of men who will not show or reciprocate their affection, macho men who need to be in charge, even genuine misogynists, etc; these men who were boys learn from the media how they might behave towards women); usually, this results in men pairing with women who are not meant to be together; we than have the emotional abuse, psychological abuse, physical abuse, assaults, murders, rapes, or, women with men who may not be quite right for them, but men who can adapt to their situation and accept it (e.g. these are they women singled out, because they supposedly make up the Amazons); than, at the end of this experience, women come to sweeping conclusions about men that includes the Dr. Psycho men and boys who they would not know and society makes sweeping conclusions about how women are treated in a male dominated environment; the Dr. Psycho boys and men should not be judged based on the judgment call of women based on the men they wanted to be involved with at the initial social interactions; the Dr. Psycho men and boys could not penetrate into the social spheres of women and could not contribute to these women's experiences with men; these examples, although modern, still fully applies to antiquity, if someone wants to be so literal as to say that women endured worse in antiquity; although that's true, women have always controlled who they will get to know, as an initial matter.

Now, Dr. Psycho boys and men were never close enough to the women to inflict emotional abuse, psychological abuse, physical abuse, assaults, murders, rapes, etc upon the women. So, Wonder Woman comes along and tries to judge Dr. Psycho based on his reputation, will not know him, and based on a completely different layer of the social sphere where Dr. Psycho has never been with women. So, she partly will only judge Dr. Psycho based on assumptions, where his reputation happens to match his actions, and based on the way the women who she knows got treated by the men they chose. And, to Wonder Woman, Dr. Psycho is beneath her. Thus, because of this social mismatch and Wonder Woman's perspective of being above Dr. Psycho's romantic reach, Wonder Woman cannot be an antithesis for Dr. Psycho, yet Wonder Woman makes a good example who can be under Dr. Psycho's radar, especially being shallow and believing that Dr. Psycho is beneath her, while be beautiful, heroic, and empowering to women; Dr. Psycho can feel just a tad better knowing that women who rejected men like him ended up in bad situations, while Wonder Woman wants to empower these women out of the hole they've found themselves.

This would make for an interesting romantic pairing, because, Wonder Woman is too like a woman and shallow to ever want to know a man like Dr. Psycho, while Dr. Psycho is able to show Wonder Woman that he's interesting enough for her to know him better, setting the seeds for women to change how they get to know the men in their lives. We than have a mismatch in pairing where Wonder Woman can be who she truly is while Dr. Psycho would only serve to build up Wonder Woman on an emotional and psychological level, but, before they reach this state of romantic equilibrium, Dr. Psycho can vent his frustrations at Wonder Woman, while Wonder Woman can become less naive about the dynamics between men and women; essentially, they can help each other grow as people, while helping the readers understand that women aren't always the victims at the hands of men; since Wonder Woman is unlikely to balance this equilibrium with Dr. Psycho, we can always have interesting stories that lots of people will like and be attuned to every month; and, the stories would clearly be orders of magnitude more interesting than the pretty girl with pretty stories that we see with Superman, Batman, and Steve Trevor (and making it look like there can be tensions in these pairings would just not come across as genuine, or, the tensions are not really tensions but petty crying by people who have it all together; we have these pretty boy/pretty girl pairings in life and we get the cases of emotional abuse, psychological abuse, physical abuse, assaults, murders, rapes that we are so accustomed to from real life).

not a single word of this makes me any more inclined to want to see a romantic relationship between WW and Dr. Psycho. In fact I think I find the idea even more repellent than before you wrote this. Sorry, but this would be horrible IMO.

Archizooom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dshipp17 said:

This sounds an awful lot like Elliot Rodger's manifesto, it's quite a sickly view of things dshipp, you should perhaps quit the Red Pill immediately. If you're a "dr.pyscho boy" aim for lower than "wonder woman women" and hold these sordid thoughts in until you've secured a girlfriend.

dshipp17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#377  Edited By dshipp17

@brunnhilde said:
    @dshipp17 said:

This sounds an awful lot like Elliot Rodger's manifesto, it's quite a sickly view of things dshipp, you should perhaps quit the Red Pill immediately. If you're a "dr.pyscho boy" aim for lower than "wonder woman women" and hold these sordid thoughts in until you've secured a girlfriend.

Well, how experienced are you with people and women? How many years of experience do you have with people? Are you a Dr. Psycho boy? Oh, and probably something that I wrote in the past helped Elliot figure out how to see the way people were treating him. Elliot just acted out in the wrong way. Elliot is not quite old enough to have inspired me to write anything; I just looked him up and had my memory jogged, but, I actually never read his manifesto. I've been writing about my opinions of Dr. Psycho since 2009.

dshipp17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@csg_cl said:
    @dshipp17 said:
    @csg_cl said:
    @dshipp17 said:

not a single word of this makes me any more inclined to want to see a romantic relationship between WW and Dr. Psycho. In fact I think I find the idea even more repellent than before you wrote this. Sorry, but this would be horrible IMO.

What parts of what I wrote make you feel less inclined and for what reason did they make you feel less inclined to see the romantic relationship?

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dshipp17: largely the apologist mentality about Dr. Psycho's misogyny. IMO making excuses for him makes the character less compelling. Give me an evil misogynist pig with high level mental powers who hates WW simply because she's a woman. I don't care for some pseudo-sympathetic "poor me the girls were mean" character. Sometimes you just want a villain to be evil just because they are evil. I have no interest in making excuses for him.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dshipp17: no matter how bland someone is...if they arent a rapist they will always be the better person and the better pick for diana. why would she ever fall in love with that sad little freak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@csg_cl: RIGHT! like you cant compare him to joker and lex and act like he's meant to be sympathetic in anyway because those are two examples of very non sympathetic villains. cheetah and silver swan are di's sympathetic villains(or at least golden age cheetah)

dshipp17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@csg_cl said:

@dshipp17: largely the apologist mentality about Dr. Psycho's misogyny. IMO making excuses for him makes the character less compelling. Give me an evil misogynist pig with high level mental powers who hates WW simply because she's a woman. I don't care for some pseudo-sympathetic "poor me the girls were mean" character. Sometimes you just want a villain to be evil just because they are evil. I have no interest in making excuses for him.

It's not just an apologist mentality, it's about seeing the motive of someone becoming a villain; most villains motives for becoming a villain does not lend to much discussion (e.g. Lex Luthor and Joker), but, Dr. Psycho is one of (only) those who does need discussing and examining closer; if you have no idea why a character is a villain, than you cannot be in the story; that's silly and I wouldn't believe anyone who told me they had no interests in a villain's motive; if you want a misogynist who's just a misogynist, than you have DC's version of Hercules; and, I really am not invested in DC's version of Hercules one bit; if he were made a recurring villain as someone else to put in line in front of Dr. Psycho, I would continue to loss interest in Wonder Woman; the reason a character is a villain is a vital component of story telling. When I first saw Lex Luthor, he was on the Superfriends; than I saw him in the Superman movies; I didn't fully understand Lex's motive's for being a villain; he was just an underdog; I wanted to see Superman defeated for a change. But, later on, I thought back on Lex and his motives for being a villain; once I figured it out, he was no longer an undergo, just a villain. Although I saw clips of Jack Nicholson as the Joker, my first prolonged exposure to Joker was Batman the Animated Series; he was just a prankster, but I liked him as a Batman foil, to lesson the seriousness of the show; I literally thought Joker's motives was just being sort of a Steve Urkel for Batman, when I looked into his motives for being a villain; I than saw Jack Nicholson as Joker and found out he was no joke, but a pathological killer; this quickly changed my view of Joker and, had I known it first, I would not have saw his character the same. Knowing a villains motives are so important that who new titles are now being devoted to villains (e.g. see Catwoman and Harley Quinn); so, Dr. Psycho's motives are very critical and his being continually mocked by women is very important to understanding his outlook towards women; he's not just some misogynist at all (e.g. usually, jocks end up becoming misogynists and a good looking man saying women are not worth much is definitely going to resonate differently than a man who's picked on and it makes for a more intriguing story).

dshipp17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dshipp17: no matter how bland someone is...if they arent a rapist they will always be the better person and the better pick for diana. why would she ever fall in love with that sad little freak

She'll fall in love with him, because she's not as shallow as you sound. You'll just have to be that odd one out the bunch, but, most people are interested in intriguing stories.

@csg_cl: RIGHT! like you cant compare him to joker and lex and act like he's meant to be sympathetic in anyway because those are two examples of very non sympathetic villains. cheetah and silver swan are di's sympathetic villains(or at least golden age cheetah)

Cheetah and Silver Swan are killers; are you saying that you sympathize with the likes of Ted Bundy and Son of Sam more than someone who committed a rape and Dr. Psycho? How would Cheetah and Silver Swan be worthy of sympathy, but Dr. Psycho not worthy of sympathy, in your mind, at least?

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dshipp17: I think you misunderstand me. I'm all for understanding the motives behind his villainy, but I'm not interested in trying to somehow excuse them with tales of mean girls and the poor little person child. I much prefer an option where he is diabolical of his own making. It's good to have villains that are total b@st@rds by nature. Diana should always work to reform Dr. psycho and with every failure become more frustrated with herself for this inability. Honestly he should be more her "white whale" villain. If you make him a victim in his own right you strip him of the ability to be a "force of nature" that WW might actually fear when she hears he's on the loose. Him being unpredictable is the, IMO, best way to achieve this. He has the potential to be an amazing adversary, but only if he is able to sidestep Diana's reforming ways.

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#385  Edited By CSG_CL

@willienotwilliam: totally agree ... The "victim villains" are easy to manage ... The sociopaths are far more interesting.

Cloakx14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Wonder Woman and Batman are a better pair than Supes/WW.

OrangeBat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#387  Edited By OrangeBat

@brunnhilde said:

@dshipp17 said:

Red Pill mentality might actually save him from that kind of thinking. What he's writing sounds more like "Nice Guy" mentality.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dshipp17: i specified golden age cheetah that had a mental illness and during marstons run she never killed

And silver swan was manipulated and used by a corporation

I'm not saying they aren't evil or at fault but they are definitely meant to be more sympathetic/tragic back stories

Idk how you get that I'm being shallow by calling psycho a freak for raping people but he definitely is a sad freak for it and women laughing at him isn't tragic tbh. The only tragedy is his generic back story

Diana loves everyone so she would love him but she would never fall IN love with that creep

Archizooom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#389  Edited By Archizooom

@orangebat: Categorizing women as shallow, emotion-driven creatures that choose "bad boys" of their own free will and therefore deserve the atrocities men visit upon them, such as violence and rape, doesn't fit in with the white-knight school of thinking. It's red pill through and through.

OrangeBat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#390  Edited By OrangeBat

@brunnhilde said:

@orangebat: Categorizing women as shallow, emotion-driven creatures that choose "bad boys" of their own free will and therefore deserve the atrocities men visit upon them, such as violence and rape, doesn't fit in with the white-knight school of thinking. It's red pill through and through.

You just described your typical nice guy. Shit, Elliot Rodger ring any bells? Dude wasn't a red pill guy. He outright hated them.

Archizooom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

And the red pill is full of those "nice guys" whose only true motivation is to score the ladies. In fact I read on the Times some time ago that men are all a bit like that. Elliot Rodger hated women because he thought himself entitled to the best of the best but the best of the best didn't think really so, you know boys like him crave good looking women but resent those women for wanting the same

OrangeBat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@brunnhilde said:

And the red pill is full of those "nice guys" whose only true motivation is to score the ladies. In fact I read on the Times some time ago that men are all a bit like that. Elliot Rodger hated women because he thought himself entitled to the best of the best but the best of the best didn't think really so, you know boys like him crave good looking women but resent those women for wanting the same

Well, no shit. That's the point of the so-called "red pill" movement, to help lonely dudes and "nice guys" become men that can actually attract women. And step one is to get them out of the Elliot Rodger mind-set, and help them become more confident.

And in other news, water is wet. Yes, most men lust for the top-tier women. Some of them are delusional enough to think that they can score with zero improvement. Same can be said for the other sex, and probably doubly so. Ugly/fat women screaming misogyny or rape because a hot dude they want to bang them would rather drown himself in the nearest toilet are no rarity. Especially when they get so much page time to vent their sexual frustrations in opinion pieces in The New York Times.

Archizooom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#393  Edited By Archizooom

@orangebat said:

Well, no shit. That's the point of the so-called "red pill" movement, to help lonely dudes and "nice guys" become men that can actually attract women. And step one is to get them out of the Elliot Rodger mind-set, and help them become more confident.

And in other news, water is wet. Yes, most men lust for the top-tier women. Some of them are delusional enough to think that they can score with zero improvement. Same can be said for the other sex, and probably doubly so. Ugly/fat women screaming misogyny or rape because a hot dude they want to bang them would rather drown himself in the nearest toilet are no rarity. Especially when they get so much page time to vent their sexual frustrations in opinion pieces in The New York Times.

You're the one that drew a line between the red pill and the so called nice guys though the red pill is comprised of "nice guys", each carrying their own emotional baggage, preconceptions and stories about women and how society discriminates against them. It's not all fun and good intentions over there, it's not like this rehab facility where bonafide boys go and seek emotional counseling and a 6 month diet and exercise plan, and little Elliots blossom into Ryan Goslings lol It's also a platform they use to peddle sexist mumbo jumbo, play the blame game and all that kind of stuff

lordofblogfell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SM and WW make more sense for me superman is exacly the kind of man WW likes powerful,handsome as a god,brave,nearly immortal when you see those too you say why they are not together yet? batman have too many romance and treat girls like shit JLU was just a cartoon and they are not together at the end so yeah superman all the way

Avatar image for dianaofthemyscira
    dianaofthemyscira

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Honestly, Diana loves the both of them. But she loves them more like brothers and colleagues than as romantic partners. The only person she truly and genuinely loves is Steve Trevor. Or at least that's how it should be.

I really don't like the idea of pairing Diana off with either of the male members of the Trinity, as it's doesn't really do her any favors. I'd rather see her relationship with Steve Trevor emphasized more, as they're my OTP. I also really liked Trevor Barnes too.

I also don't like how threads like this become less about Diana and what's best for her, and more about a penis measuring contest between Superman and Batman [fans] as to who "deserves" her more. And there's something really off-putting about that.

Anyways, I've been lurking for a long time and finally decided to say something about this.

Enzo991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dianaofthemyscira: Too bad Steve is as bland as a wooden door, and so unrecognizable that DC constantly feel the need to pair Wonder Woman with somebody else. Also, why do you think Wonder Woman should be with Steve ? I can tell that is your personal taste, but I don't see much more evidence to support your claim that "that's how it should be", unless you're a long time writer for Wonder Woman. Also, how can you say that she love them both as brothers, when she's currently making kissy faces with Superman, and pre-52 had major moments showing that WW loved Bruce (Blackest Night being the biggest) ?

I really can't wrap my head around this, why pairing WW with Bats or Supes doesn't do her any favor, but apparently is a godsend to Batman and Superman ? A relationship is a two ways street, if she is to be paired with one of the trinity, they all have the potential to benefit greatly, assuming the relationship is being written competently. I've heard the same thing from many WW fans, and it never made sense, and it was never elaborated upon beside "that's how it should be".

Nobody is fighting over who deserves WW, that's just what the WW fanboys tell themselves to make WW look like this ultimate prize that everybody is running after.

To make my stance on the matter clear, I hate Superman, I love Batman, and I'm mostly indifferent to Wonder Woman. So basically Superman is out of the picture for me, he should never touch any woman other than Loise or Lana, not only because it wouldn't make sense for him to be with any non-human character, but also because that would take away one of the few "kinda" redeeming qualities of his.

On Batman and WW. I personally support the pairing, because from what little we saw of it pre-52, I thought it was great. For me to make a relationship work, first the relationship shouldn't go against the established characterization of the characters, second both characters involved must bring out the good aspects in each other.

To me that was the case for Bat and WW. Not only did I find WW to be very endearing in her interactions with Bruce, but I also, for the first time, loved how Bruce acted with a female love interest. I personally believe that all of Batman's love interests are bad, with the majority being forgettable, and the only memorable ones (Catwoman and Talia) being horrible to Bruce, by bringing out the worst aspects of his character, and generally making his life more miserable (which to be honest has been a plot point a few times). That's way I'm a huge supporter of BM/WW or BM/Zatanna, because both of these have a much happier future and character development for both characters in my opinion.

I have much more to say about the subject, but I'll cut it "kinda" short for now because I've rambled for far too long already. Bottom line is, if the relationship makes sense (something I might elaborate on later if asked), it can work if written well. Saying that a character should only be with one character is not only narrow minded, but also limits the character's potential for development.

dianaofthemyscira

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@enzo991:

"To make my stance on the matter clear, I hate Superman, I love Batman, and I'm mostly indifferent to Wonder Woman. So basically Superman is out of the picture for me, he should never touch any woman other than Loise or Lana, not only because it wouldn't make sense for him to be with any non-human character, but also because that would take away one of the few "kinda" redeeming qualities of his."

And this sums it up right here and basically reinforces my argument. You don't even care about Wonder Woman that much, yet you want her to be with Batman?

What kind of logic is that?

Bruce is basically paranoid of Diana and might even use Superman in a contingency plan against her, as he has no other means of stopping her.

Yet you still want them to be together? The two of them are polar opposites, and you yourself just admitted that you hate Superman and that's why you don't want Diana to be with him. You want Diana to be with Bruce because Batman is your favorite and she reinforces just how studly he is by doing so.

Oh, and by the way, her name is Lois, not Loise. I don't understand why people keep misspelling it. Is it an autocorrect thing? I think Clark should be with Lois too, but not for the reasons you stated. You saying he should 'only' touch Lois (Loise) and Lana is pretty disrespectful to him. Clark is a grown man, and he's free to date who he wants, and he should choose Lois out of his own free will, and not because you want to limit him from dating other women. Why is it okay for Batman to date around but not Superman to do so?

And to be clear on my stance, I don't mind Clark and Diana dating other people. I just don't want to see them together because 1.) Superman and Wonder Woman is a really forced and boring book 2.) Diana gets overshadowed by Clark in it as she becomes 'his girlfriend'.

She'd be better off with someone from her own book, as she still gets to have a love life *and* not get overshadowed in the process.

Oh, and as a bonus: Even the official DC Entertainment Channel says that Bruce 'sometimes' doesn't like Diana.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rzbP-f7H5Dk

So basically, Bruce has a mistrust, wariness and paranoia towards Diana. That doesn't sound like a rock solid foundation for a relationship if you ask me.

I have much more to say about this. But I'm tired after a long day, so I have little patience for arguments that hinge on 'I like this guy moar!!111' and you basically wanting the guy to win with little regard for the woman at the heart of the subject matter. And it's all encapsulated inside a rather long wall of text.

dianaofthemyscira

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@enzo991:

Oh what the Hell. I won't be able to fall asleep for a while. So I'm gonna answer this.

"Too bad Steve is as bland as a wooden door, and so unrecognizable that DC constantly feel the need to pair Wonder Woman with somebody else. Also, why do you think Wonder Woman should be with Steve ? I can tell that is your personal taste, but I don't see much more evidence to support your claim that "that's how it should be", unless you're a long time writer for Wonder Woman. Also, how can you say that she love them both as brothers, when she's currently making kissy faces with Superman, and pre-52 had major moments showing that WW loved Bruce (Blackest Night being the biggest) ?"

So let me get this straight: You're gonna ignore nearly 70 years of continuity, where Steve is shown to be Diana's first love, yet you're also going to reinforce how Superman should only be with Loise (as you misspelled her name) and Lana? Suddenly that idiom about the pot bottom calling the kettle black comes to mind. Yes, we all know that Diana's love for Bruce is part of the reason she became a Star Sapphire and got through Blackest Night.

But did you also know the story wasn't entirely well-received?

http://www.thundercats.ws/showpost.php?s=deac4f8059a71cda844ca720e60ffaa1&p=56579&postcount=371

The point of me linking to is to show that not everyone liked it, or agreed that it was a good idea. In addition to this, are you also going to discount all of the times that Diana has given up nearly everything for Steve, including her immortality? She's even had a child with him (I'm referring specifically to Lyta Fury's origins, before the Post-Crisis retcon). Hell, in most of her origin stories, she left the island to be with him. That far outweighs the interim 'romantic love' she felt for Bruce during Blackest Night. Also, Diana has been paired up with your most hated superhero, Kal-El many times, before the reboot as well (Kingdom Come, Superman: Red Son, The Dark Knight Strikes Again, All-Star Batman and Robin, etc. etc.). That far outweighs the one time she professed her love for Batman. Not only that, but let's look at all the instances in mainstream continuity where Diana and Clark have kissed.

http://comicsalliance.com/files/2012/08/kiss.jpg

Or that time that Clark has said that if Diana had died, that he would spin the world around in the opposite direction, just to change time and bring her back again.

http://hellyeahsupermanandwonderwoman.tumblr.com/post/116484724986/zatannawayne-after-almost-killed-in-battle-with-

The point is, there's a lot more of an argument to be made for both Kal and Steve. All of the material for them featuring Diana outweighs the few she's had with Bruce, with most of the reason why people want Bruce and Diana together being based on the JL/JLU cartoon, where even Bruce Timm himself said [paraphrasing] "it wouldn't be right" for Diana and Bruce to "go down that path" and get together. So that's something to consider there.

http://jl.toonzone.net/episode31/episode31.htm

And fyi, Steve isn't really that boring. At worst, he's whiny and acts like a jilted ex, but a guy with no powers who routinely runs into battle against gods and monsters alongside the Justice League, combined with all of the intrigue of espionage that only being a government agent can bring hardly sounds boring to me. I will cede that he needs to be fully fleshed out, but that still doesn't make him boring. He still manages to be impressionable in the few scenes he's in, in JL. And I'm hoping that when the Wonder Woman movie finally comes out, they'll enhance his status and write more stories featuring him.

"I really can't wrap my head around this, why pairing WW with Bats or Supes doesn't do her any favor, but apparently is a godsend to Batman and Superman ? A relationship is a two ways street, if she is to be paired with one of the trinity, they all have the potential to benefit greatly, assuming the relationship is being written competently. I've heard the same thing from many WW fans, and it never made sense, and it was never elaborated upon beside 'that's how it should be'."

These people make my arguments better than me, so I'm just going to link to them.

http://dcwomenkickingass.tumblr.com/post/120306144166/wonder-woman-and-the-man-thing#disqus_thread

http://dcwomenkickingass.tumblr.com/post/98669738501/this-licensed-t-shirt-tells-you-a-lot-about-how-dc#disqus_thread

http://dcwomenkickingass.tumblr.com/post/67600986986/man-of-steel-wonder-woman-of-seduction#disqus_thread

http://comicbook.com/blog/2012/08/26/superman-and-wonder-woman-five-reasons-it-wont-work/

And this argument in particular, sums up how I feel about the whole issue. http://imgur.com/YhQlgY2

Not to mention the merchandising for the two of them hasn't exactly been flattering on Diana's behalf as well.

http://static02.mediaite.com/themarysue/uploads/2014/09/noplsbatman.png

To be fair, Soule and Tomasi have been trying to emphasize how powerful Diana is by depowering Clark and having her take on two Kryptonians in order save him (earlier in the run) of Superman/Wonder Woman. But still, that doesn't change the fact that in issue #13, Clark had to lecture Diana about patience and compassion (because let's throw all of her characterization since Perez out of the window) in order to show just what a 'great' kind and caring guy he is, compared to her impulsive hotheadedness. It all feels incredibly farcical, banal and boring. I want to read the book for Diana, but the problem is, the writing is so mind-numbing and boring. I'm only paying attention to it for Tony Daniels' art, as I've all but given up on the concept of DC trying to sell them to me as a couple, mainly because it doesn't work.

As for how she gets overshadowed by Batman, I will again, link to people who have made my arguments for me.

http://community.comicbookresources.com/showthread.php?42614-Would-you-like-to-see-a-Batman-Wonder-Woman-romance&p=1242701&viewfull=1#post1242701

Basically, it won't work out because Diana is powerful. In the first issue of Sensation Comics, she was seen cleaning up Gotham in one night due to her strength and compassion. She did what Bruce couldn't do for years. If Diana and Bruce start dating, then she'll either be subjected to plot induced stupidity in order to deal with his rogues (getting kidnapped by Poison Ivy and held hostage till Bruce rescues her, etc.) or Bruce will become and even bigger BatGod™ and take down her rogues, which he shouldn't be able to do. I can just imagine him punching out Cheetah, even though she is the avatar of a God. Batman has a tendency to overshadow the people he works with, and he will certainly do that to Diana.

And to clarify, I didn't initially elaborate upon what I said because I wanted to make a short, quick comment. I had to leave before making that post, so I just made an off-the-cuff, one paragraph remark in-between all of the phone calls and emails I had to answer along with getting ready for an evening class. But if you want me to elaborate, then well, I'm doing so right now.

Nobody is fighting over who deserves WW, that's just what the WW fanboys tell themselves to make WW look like this ultimate prize that everybody is running after.

This comment is laughable. Have you read the whole thread? The whole thread has been about who "deserves" her more, and quite a few people have commented on it. You accuse me of tunnel vision, yet you do the exact same thing. And fyi, I'm not a fan boy. I'm a woman, and I've been a fan of Diana since I was a kid. I'm also someone who wants her to shine on her own, and she can't really do that when she's in a relationship that's not exactly ideal for her.

To make my stance on the matter clear, I hate Superman, I love Batman, and I'm mostly indifferent to Wonder Woman. So basically Superman is out of the picture for me, he should never touch any woman other than Loise or Lana, not only because it wouldn't make sense for him to be with any non-human character, but also because that would take away one of the few "kinda" redeeming qualities of his.

And this is where your argument falls apart and loses all credibility with me. You just want Batman to win, because he's your favorite. Never mind the fact that he's wary of Diana, and doesn't always like her. He doesn't have a contingency plan for her, and whatever plan he does come up involves using Kal-El against her, should she ever go rogue. Let's be honest here, Bruce is secretive, paranoid and obsessive. Do you honestly think Diana should end up with someone like that, who will sleep with her but also doesn't trust her completely? I don't see how that makes for a great relationship.

Part of the conflict of the first few issues of Superman and Wonder Woman was Diana wanting to be out in the open, while Clark hid behind a secret identity because that's how he was raised. If you think the conflict between them was bad, how do you think she'll fare against someone as closely guarded as Bruce is?

Also, how is Clark dating taking away his redeeming qualities? That type of thinking should be relegated to the Victorian Era, where people pretended to espouse values like this while also contracting chlamydia by going to brothels. I don't see how Clark dating and not being with Lois or Lana somehow takes away his best traits. You can, be a good person, and still date other people. I know it's hard for to fathom this, but you really can, so long as you're being safe and not manipulating and breaking people's hearts. Clark Kent just doesn't seem like that kind of guy, as he is noble and good. And besides, I don't get why you think it's okay for Batman to date various women, but not okay for Clark to do so. It's a really old fashioned type of thinking, and one I think we should dismantle, as it does more harm than good. and that's what I'm arguing against here.

And to be more clear, though my ideal endgame is Clark/Lois and Diana/Steve, I don't mind them dating other people. I just don't think Diana and Clark are good together, as they seem to work better as friends and colleagues (as was recently demonstrated in the much heralded issue of Sensation Comics #48).

On Batman and WW. I personally support the pairing, because from what little we saw of it pre-52, I thought it was great. For me to make a relationship work, first the relationship shouldn't go against the established characterization of the characters, second both characters involved must bring out the good aspects in each other.

To me that was the case for Bat and WW. Not only did I find WW to be very endearing in her interactions with Bruce, but I also, for the first time, loved how Bruce acted with a female love interest. I personally believe that all of Batman's love interests are bad, with the majority being forgettable, and the only memorable ones (Catwoman and Talia) being horrible to Bruce, by bringing out the worst aspects of his character, and generally making his life more miserable (which to be honest has been a plot point a few times). That's way I'm a huge supporter of BM/WW or BM/Zatanna, because both of these have a much happier future and character development for both characters in my opinion.

And yet, you haven't really elaborated why you like them together. Your main reasoning hinges on you hating Clark Kent, so it seems like petty gamesmanship and you wanting your favorite to win more than anything else. And Talia and Selina are incredibly complex characters. Yes, they have done some incredibly horrible things in the past (still never forgiving Morrison for writing Talia as a rapist who also wanted to kill her son). However, in contrast to that, you're also forgetting that they can bring out the best in him too, such as when Talia slapped the crap out of him and told him to get it together in order to save Gotham in the wake of No Man's Land. Not to mention all of the times she's gone against her father in order to save him, and how she was spurned on to help Jason out of her love for Bruce.

https://scans-daily.dreamwidth.org/2513157.html?thread=83218181

Let's also not discount all the times that Selina has helped Bruce and saved him as well. (Anyone remember when she helped Bruce save a bunch of lives in Batman Eternal #2?) Let us also not forget how much Bruce cares for Selina, and how she brings out that side of him, in contrast to his usual, grizzled vigilante persona.

https://p.dreamwidth.org/8d69e9a99715/-/i421.photobucket.com/albums/pp296/ScottyQuick/pg5.jpg

Not to mention all of the different earths and continuities that have Bruce and Selina get married. Most writers recognize just how effective the paring is. The point is, both Talia and Selina have baggage and are dark and twisty, but guess what? Bruce is too. Occasionally, people with issues like that can drag each other down, but they can also lift each other up as well. People can do bad things, but they are also quite capable of good as well. Life is complicated like that.

And fyi, I wouldn't be opposed to Bruce and Zatanna though I prefer Bruce and Selina. I thought they were cute in BTAS. Though I've always liked Zee single and hooking-up, or with Constantine more than anyone else.

I have much more to say about the subject, but I'll cut it "kinda" short for now because I've rambled for far too long already. Bottom line is, if the relationship makes sense (something I might elaborate on later if asked), it can work if written well. Saying that a character should only be with one character is not only narrow minded, but also limits the character's potential for development.

Actually, it doesn't make sense. Or maybe it does. That is, if you severely curtail Diana's personality and ignore Bruce's fear of her. Not to mention his creepy voyeurism of her private moments with Clark as well. I don't know about you, but a guy who doesn't trust me and spies on me when I'm with my boyfriend? Doesn't exactly sound romantic to me. Not to mention that Bruce has several different love interests and isn't above one night stands. So why should Diana be another on the long list of women he's bedded? Is it because of this twisted fantasy that she can save him and rescue him from himself? Maybe you haven't inferred that, but others have, and I think it's just a fantasy that should be abandoned because Bruce is beyond repair right now.

[As an addendum, the scans about the voyeurism]:

http://scans-daily.dreamwidth.org/4109793.html

Bruce and Diana might work in AUs where the circumstances and their personalities are severely tempered in order to fit the narrative of the story, but it will not work in mainstream continuity. Especially now, when Bruce is a few years older than Diana, and he's still quite wary of her. Not to mention that Diana pushed Steve away because he's mortal and she couldn't bare to see him get hurt. How on earth do you think that particular plot point should be ignored in favor of a Bruce/Diana relationship.

Especially since your argument seems to hinge on you wanting her to end up with Batman, simply because you're a Batman fanboy and that you hate Clark Kent.

The bottom line is, I think Diana and Steve make the best couple. It's obvious he's the love of her life, and vice-versa, and given how much emphasis has been placed on them in the New 52 (e.g. the aforementioned JL, Convergence, quite a few issues of Sensation Comics) I think there's going to be an eventual shift towards them getting together again. The bottom line is, though Clark and Diana make sense (for now), they are eventually going to break-up and the status quo will be shifted back to where it was, which is Steve and Diana being together again.

:And to bring it all to a close, one of the main reasons why I love the concept of both Clark and Lois and Diana and Steve together is it both humanizes two demi-gods. They've tried to do the whole 'humanity' thing in SM/WW and while it no longer does, it just doesn't. I've always liked the idea that these immortal beings can fall in love with mere mortals like the rest of us, and I'm a sucker for stories where you end up going back to the person you first loved. Life doesn't always work out that way for both Lois/Clark and Diana/Steve, it has time and time again. And both Lois and Steve were created for Diana and Clark respectively, and they can be together without all of the incredible amount of problems that would come with SM/WW or BM/WW together. I suppose one could make the argument that Bruce could do the same, but given his obsessions, lack of trust and paranoia, and his inability to maintain a long term relationship, do you honestly think it would be a good idea.

And if you ask me the same questions again, then you either haven't read, or are willfully misinterpreting everything I've said.

And that's my final word on this. Now if you'll excuse me, I have a job interview tomorrow and must get some rest so I can continue on with this incredibly eventful and busy week. Now have a nice night.

Enzo991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dianaofthemyscira: I'm not sure why I can't see your replays in the thread, but I'll answer here anyway.

"And this sums it up right here and basically reinforces my argument. You don't even care about Wonder Woman that much, yet you want her to be with Batman? What kind of logic is that? Bruce is basically paranoid of Diana and might even use Superman in a contingency plan against her, as he has no other means of stopping her. Yet you still want them to be together? The two of them are polar opposites, and you yourself just admitted that you hate Superman and that's why you don't want Diana to be with him. You want Diana to be with Bruce because Batman is your favorite and she reinforces just how studly he is by doing so."

I think I should've communicated my point better. My whole argument is not about whether Batman or Superman deserve WW, it's about the logic of pairing two characters together that can benefit each other. I said I didn't care much for Diana to illustrate how I liked the few glimpses we got of a potential BW/WW relationship, and that her interactions with Bruce brought to light a whole new side to her character that I thought was interesting, because that's what a well written relationship should do to both characters. I also, mentioned that I hated all of Batman's love interests, and despised the way Batman is written whenever he's in a relationship, but it seems you missed that part. Basically, I thought that some of Bruce's best interactions with a female love interest were the ones with Diana AND Zatanna, but unfortunately both potential relationships are sidelined for the sake of Catwoman. So the interactions and teasing between Bruce and Diana not only made me more interested in WW, but also allowed me to see a side of Bruce that's rarely seen, and I like them both for that.

Yeah, in the new 52, the relationship between Batman and WW is not good, but again that's exactly how it started in the pre-52. For the longest time Bruce and Diana had a rocky relationship, but over the course of 26 years, we had the chance to see how their relationship developed and matured into one of mutual respect, until new 52 happened and destroyed everything.

Also, I kind of agree that Bruce and Diana seem like polar opposites on the surface, but deep inside they share a lot of similarities. That's enforced by how Batman and WW gradually started to change their opinions of each other over time, and how they became closer as a result, but of course that's all pre-52. It remains to be seen how things will play out in the new 52, but assuming both Bruce and Diana will end up in a similar state as their pre-52 selves things should work out the same way.

Finally, the fact that I like Batman and dislike Superman has no bearing on my opinion. If Batman or Superman ended up paired with WW, that won't make any of them more "studly". If it's a well written relationship, both characters should come out better people. Woman rights movements has nothing to do with any of this.

"Oh, and by the way, her name is Lois, not Loise. I don't understand why people keep misspelling it. Is it an autocorrect thing?"

Thanks for bringing that to my attention, and I apologize for the mistake.

"I think Clark should be with Lois too, but not for the reasons you stated. You saying he should 'only' touch Lois (Loise) and Lana is pretty disrespectful to him. Clark is a grown man, and he's free to date who he wants, and he should choose Lois out of his own free will, and not because you want to limit him from dating other women. Why is it okay for Batman to date around but not Superman to do so?"

I didn't state any reason, I only said that he shouldn't be paired with any non-human character, because that undermines one of the most important aspects of Superman's character. Pairing Clark with someone like WW detaches him from his supposed humanity, and his supposed human side is already questionable, so pairing him with non-humans makes it even more difficult to sell. Superman is not a grown man, he's a character, and he makes the decisions that the writer wants him to make, and if some of this decisions undermines some aspects of the character, then they are bad decisions. I hate to talk as if I know better than the writers, as I do encourage trying new things with the characters, however in Superman's case, where he doesn't have much going on for him as it is, undermining one of his only defining characteristics, his humanity, by pairing him with a non-human is a recipe for failure in my opinion.

I think it's OK for Batman to try new relationships, because his already existing ones are horrible, and in more ways than one prevent his character from developing, and in many cases don't make much sense. Superman's relationship to Lois however proved t work, and it reinforced Superman's character, so there is no reason to change it. Still I'm not opposed to creating new love interests for Superman, they just must be human non-super powered woman, for the reasons I already stated.

"And to be clear on my stance, I don't mind Clark and Diana dating other people. I just don't want to see them together because 1.) Superman and Wonder Woman is a really forced and boring book 2.) Diana gets overshadowed by Clark in it as she becomes 'his girlfriend'."

Believe it or not, I actually don't think that Superman and WW current relationship is bad, it's just that I believe it must not be permanent. To me, at this point of time where in the comics both Clark and Diana are still young and new to dealing with people, it makes sense to me that they'd fall for each other, because they feel alienated living in a human world, and because they still have a lot of character development to go through. Superman and WW share a lot of similarities, like super human attributes and alien background (amazonian in Diana's case), that ultimately proved to be shallow, as the moment Superman lost his powers, problems started to show up between them. That's what I meant when I said that the similarities between Superman and Diana are mostly shallow, and that at their core they are two very different individuals, and that will ultimately be the reason for their breakup.

Having one of the characters being "overshadowed" is not only subjective, but also a biased way of looking at things. You should take into consideration what the characters stand for, and how does that affect their relationship. Complaining about the way the relationship is being written is futile, as that falls on the writer, not the characters, and the writing can easily be changed, but what the characters are supposed to stand for shouldn't be changed, and that's why it's a better basis to make your judgement.

"She'd be better off with someone from her own book, as she still gets to have a love life *and* not get overshadowed in the process."

And this pretty much shows me your attitude about the whole thing. This is the same inferiority complex that pretty much all of WW's fanboys/fangirls have. You all clamor for Steve, because he's the safe choice. There is no risk of WW being overshadowed by him, because let's face it Steve can't overshadow a pineapple let alone WW, and because WW has to be "equal" to Supes and Batman and have her own personal love interest, because that's automatically better apparently.

I have no problem admitting that all of Batman's love interests that originated from his books are pretty much horrible. People cling to Catwoman because we've been hammered over the head with her for the past 10 years or so, but in my opinion she's still a horrible fit for Bruce. That's why I also believe that Steve is a bad love interests for WW, not only because he adds absolutely nothing to her, but also because the whole "she fell for the first man she encountered" thing really doesn't do Diana any favors, but at least Steve is still Diana's personal boy toy so that makes it OK.....right ?

"So basically, Bruce has a mistrust, wariness and paranoia towards Diana. That doesn't sound like a rock solid foundation for a relationship if you ask me."

That's quite true, but I'm not saying that WW should throw herself at Bruce's feat right now (or ever). I was talking about their pre-52 history, where their relationship has far moved away from their initial antagonistic behaviors to each others. So if they were to be together, they'll need a lot of character development ahead of them before that.

"I have much more to say about this. But I'm tired after a long day, so I have little patience for arguments that hinge on 'I like this guy moar!!111' and you basically wanting the guy to win with little regard for the woman at the heart of the subject matter. And it's all encapsulated inside a rather long wall of text."

And I too have little fondness for people that treat characters as tools for their political/social agenda, with weak arguments as "cause she needs no man", regardless of the potential development that a character could go through as a result of the relationship. However I do have the patience to listen to your arguments, as this is a forum for discussions, and I'm not so arrogant as to dismiss other people just because I disagree with them.

I apologize for not responding to the other wall of text you posted, but from a quick look, it doesn't seem to have anything new regarding how you feel about the matter, so I'll have to make do with this post. Good luck on your Job interview.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.