Follow

Wonder Woman

Character » Wonder Woman appears in 8804 issues.

The Amazon princess, blessed with god-like super abilities, Wonder Woman is one of Earth's most powerful defenders of peace, justice, and equality and a member of the Justice League. She is considered an archetype for many heroines outside of comic book. Her initial origin depicted her as a clay baby brought to life by patron goddess Aphrodite, but in recent years she has been depicted as the daughter of Zeus and Amazon queen Hippolyta.

What would you do for a Wonder Woman TV Show?

lilben42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Ho would you start it off? Who would be your villain? Where would the story go?

WDW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By WDW

depends on what network.

For NBC and other major networks..... I think David E Kelleys version was ok for people that watch NBC (I do not)

C/W ......Probably be forced to do the Teenage Wonder Woman for that demographic.

Saturday morning Cartoon Network would be a TV show for kids

Adult swim would be animation for adults like the 2009 movie

I would love a Wonder Woman show for an HBO or showtime..... There I could cut loose and pretty much do what I want and not worry about the censors. On HBO or ShowTime I would push the envelope. My Wonder Woman would be a complex character. I would have Bana Migdol Amazons and Regular Amazons.... in a modern setting.

Steve Trevor would be in it

Wonder Woman would be the only know superhero in the world. No Batman or Superman cameos at all. IT would be pure Wonder Woman and her family and villians.

It would be 80% Brian Azz Wonder Woman with a lot of elements from RUCKA....

Her power level would be Standard Wonder Woman....I like Brian Azz representation of her powers.

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@wdw said:

It would be 80% Brian Azz Wonder Woman with a lot of elements from RUCKA....

Yeah, I'm in this mentality as well.

lilben42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wdw: I like your style.

Avatar image for deactivated-60ae841330527
    deactivated-60ae841330527

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The island flashbacks sequences in Arrow, would be perfect for this! Where we see how she learned her skills when she meets a new challenge.

Avatar image for darknightspideyfanboy
    darknightspideyfanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

nothing i want a movie not a show

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
    Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

nothing i want a movie not a show

^ this.

The fact that Flash is getting a TV show worries me that he may not be getting in on the movie-universe. There have been rumors of WB trying to cut a JL roster down to 5 characters (easier to balance the movie in terms of superpowers, casting, screen time, story, etc,etc,etc) and it worries me that Flash is getting left off the roster. I want the original 7 damnit. Especially when Arrow which its spinning off of feels like a no-powers universe to me.

So ya. No TV show. Movie pls.

WDW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Come to think of it. I would prefer an R-Rated Wonder Woman HBO or Showtime TV series to a standalone movie.

Wonder Woman movie can be a great Superhero movie no doubt

but I think it can not possibly encompass all the little intricate details of Wonder Woman and the Amazons like an HBO tv series would be able to do. Wonder Woman is a complex character. For example a movie version of Rucka's Hiketeia would translate poorly to a movie.

Man of Steel set the Tone of the future Wonder Woman movie so a lot of cool elements from Wonder Woman stories is already on the chopping block sorry to say

Avatar image for darknightspideyfanboy
    darknightspideyfanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fallschirmjager: so it would batman superman,wonder woman, Aquaman?or green lantern,cyborg? also if they want arrow can now of suddenly have super power people especially if they want to be in the same universe in man of steel like when superman show up all sudden more super power people started showing up

Black_Claw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 48

Have an animated tv show.

lilben42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fallschirmjager: @darknightspideyfanboy: Flash and Arrow will be in a totally different universe than Man of Steel. The writers for the Flash movie also said they are still writing the script for the The Flash movie for 2016.

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
    Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

#12  Edited By Fallschirmjager

@lilben42: Can you provide a link? Last I heard the Flash movie for 2016 was only a rumor whereas Flash showing up on Arrow and getting his own spinoff was confirmed.

lilben42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fallschirmjager: http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=84504

The flash movie isn't confirmed as in they are going all out for it. But if WB likes the script then yeah.

lilben42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By lilben42

@wdw: What would you do for Circe? I have been trying to think of a cool and brutal signature move she could have. Like how Sylar from HEROES cut people's heads off. Something from that mentality.

WDW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lilben42 said:

@wdw: What would you do for Circe? I have been trying to think of a cool and brutal signature move she could have. Like how Sylar from HEROES cut people's heads off. Something from that mentality.

Thats a tough one LOL

lilben42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wdw: Right. I was thinking she could be obsessed with souls and power.

judasnixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#17  Edited By judasnixon
    No Caption Provided

I want a Bruce Timm style Wonder Woman cartoon. I don't care if it gets $#!% canned in two seasons. I can live with 52 episodes of the best god damn Wonder Woman cartoon ever. I would cherry pick my favorite Wonder Woman stories over the years, up date them, and some how mash them up into one large ongoing story arc for the season. I also want Cliff Chaing to do the character designs. Oh yeah! Someone's neck will be snapped!

dmessmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@drgnx said:

The island flashbacks sequences in Arrow, would be perfect for this! Where we see how she learned her skills when she meets a new challenge.

I, too, would prefer a movie, but since this thread is about a TV show, here are my thoughts. I love this idea of using flashbacks to tell the story of Diana's life on Themyscira. In fact, I'd go further with it - make it almost like LOST in the sense that the flashbacks get just as much weight as the present day.

As far as how to construct the episodes - the flashbacks would have to be set far enough back that there is still plenty of time before contact with the outside world. Wonder Woman could be young and learning from her Amazon sisters as they battle various enemies from Greek mythology (seriously, Greek mythology is full of them).

In the present, the battles would be less focused on mythology and be more "grounded" in reality. We'd see her applying what she learned on the island in our contemporary world and finding out how to make it fit with her role as Wonder Woman.

Circe could be a kind of bridge between the two. I'd almost be tempted to go the Smallville route and make Diana and Circe friends (or at least not enemies) in the island segments, then something happens to cause Circe to want to kill Diana when she becomes Wonder Woman. We wouldn't know what brought about that change, as those events would take place between the flashback and current segments, and that would be one of the central questions of the show as it moved forward.

Seriously, WB, how hard is this? I'm not saying this is the only way to do it or even the best, but this and other possibilities practically write themselves. Give us a live action Wonder Woman already!

Avatar image for martianmanhunterisbetterthancy
    MartianManhunterIsBetterThanCyborg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

No Caption Provided

I want a Bruce Timm style Wonder Woman cartoon. I don't care if it gets $#!% canned in two seasons. I can live with 52 episodes of the best god damn Wonder Woman cartoon ever. I would cherry pick my favorite Wonder Woman stories over the years, up date them, and some how mash them up into one large ongoing story arc for the season. I also want Cliff Chaing to do the character designs. Oh yeah! Someone's neck will be snapped!

I think a Young Justice type of animation would suit her, especially having a cartoon today.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.