Follow

Wonder Woman

Character » Wonder Woman appears in 8808 issues.

The Amazon princess, blessed with god-like super abilities, Wonder Woman is one of Earth's most powerful defenders of peace, justice, and equality and a member of the Justice League. She is considered an archetype for many heroines outside of comic book. Her initial origin depicted her as a clay baby brought to life by patron goddess Aphrodite, but in recent years she has been depicted as the daughter of Zeus and Amazon queen Hippolyta.

What villain for the WW solo film

lemurboy123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Assuming we get one, who do you think should be the antagonist?

I would like to see Circe(may be easier to work her into an origin story since she has a Greek mythology background also) and cheetah could offer some awesome action scenes. What about you guys?

ZhuRong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@agent41: I was thinking it should be Circe since we haven't seen much of her outside comics and Loki was Thor's villain in his first film so it's like sibling rivalry

Bruxae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Def Circe, Cheetah and Giganta are my choices for the sequals. But Circe needs more screentime and would translate well to a movie I think.

Muffin_Sangria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Muffin_Sangria

I think Ares would be the best villain for the first movie. A well known power house would be best to kick off the franchise. I'd also like to see Circe in the film working for him. At the end of the second movie it would be revealed that she was pulling the strings of that films villain, and she's finally be the lead villain in the third film.

black_wreath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 109

Ares is most logical though I'd like to see foundations laid for Circe and feature a pre-Cheetah Barbara Minerva.

dshipp17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I'd like to see Dr Psycho as her main antagonist, in the movies and in her books.

TheBlondeGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@agent41 said:

@lemurboy123: Ares,it's the best way to start since he can be the main reason that gives Diana the chance to go to the outside world.

Yep, Ares would be the best choice. If you want Circe to be there maybe it's a good idea that Ares will ask her for support, then there you have it. Two antagonist but the main one is Ares. Definitely following the Wonder Woman 2009 animated film but of course with some alterations. :)

Muffin_Sangria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@agent41 said:

@lemurboy123: Ares,it's the best way to start since he can be the main reason that gives Diana the chance to go to the outside world.

Yep, Ares would be the best choice. If you want Circe to be there maybe it's a good idea that Ares will ask her for support, then there you have it. Two antagonist but the main one is Ares. Definitely following the Wonder Woman 2009 animated film but of course with some alterations. :)

Given that she'll be making her first appearance in Batman v Superman I'd think that her solo move would start after that once she's already joined "man's world". There will probably be a few flashbacks, but the main threat would actually present itself after she's already left the island. I don't think that's that bad of a thing because it actually lets them be a bit more creative with the plot.

Also on the subject of Circe and Ares I think that she could possibly escape from Amazon prison instead of him. I thought it was kinda silly that they were holding a god in jail so I think it would make more sense if she was in there instead. Once she gets out maybe she goes on a mission to help Ares enter the mortal realm.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

Think Circe would make more sense to do as the first movie villain, gives us a chance to get to know Diana before she escalates to taking on Ares in a second movie.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

Hercules!

Dro77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ares all the way

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cheetah ... IMO her first movie should be character building. Steve Trevor crash, tournament, head to mans world, then have to deal with a shorter villain arc, something that works with her arriving. I like the idea of Barbara's N52 connection to Diana and Steve for something like this. Also, Cheetah is probably the most well known villain specific to WW in mainstream audiences and she can bring a great physicality (i.e. Chick fight) that Circe doesn't really show. Circe and Ares would be for sequels, progressively increasing the threat level in each movie.

RoboShark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Cheetah. I think their history together would make for a better start to the franchise.

Avatar image for heraldofganthet
    HeraldofGanthet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GET IN HERE@pokeysteve!!!! LET 'em know what the deal is!!!!!!

ZhuRong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@csg_cl: the movie wouldn't last very long with Cheetah as the villain. Look at Justice League Doom and compare it to Wonder Woman (2009). Just saying.

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zhurong: both examples of non-mainstream audiences. People know who Cheetah is, and in a first film they don't much need a huge villain arc

Open with some Amazon culture on current day PI some sparring, some archery etc... Intro Diana as the Princess

Steve crash

Tournament

Head to Mans world

Doesn't leave a ton of time to develop a main villain beyond someone behind the scenes. Introduce Ares or Circe as a puppet master, but use Cheetah as the physical threat for the first movie. Sort of like what they did with the robot thing in the first Thor.

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@agent41: I feel like neither would be done justice in a first film. Cheetah is more straight forward and easy to set up as an anti-Diana figure. Ares or Circe manipulating events behind the scenes is much better for a sequel IMO

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@agent41: not true. Cheetah is easy to portray as a blood thirsty beastial creature who simply hates Diana. Or the Perez version who coveted the Lasso. The character is actually fairly flexible for something like this ...she doesn't need much motivation behind violence and greed.

ZhuRong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@agent41: @csg_cl: I'm pretty sure people are more familiar with Ares than Cheetah. I can agree that Cheetah could be written as a good villain but like agent41 has stated, she works better as an anti-hero like Giganta. I would rather Cheetah be in the JL movie. Ares or Circe would be the best choices for a solo film.

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zhurong: overall Ares is more well known, but he is not primarily known as WW's main villain. Cheetah is purely WW. Anyone who knows her knows she is from WW.

Why do you think she can't be both an ant-hero and the primary villain for a movie?

ZhuRong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@csg_cl: Because the plot wouldn't be that good. Cheetah is purely WW? Hell, Adomination is purely Hulk but yet that movie sucked cow balls. Ares and Circe are the perfect choices because they will make Diana work hard for the ending victory. I like Cheetah but I feel like she shouldn't be the villain in the movie.

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By CSG_CL

@zhurong: I think she is a good villain and with a good script could been awesome.

EDIT: Cheetah is a purely WW villain. Ares and Circe are both from other literature as well as WW, but the Cheetah is all Diana.

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Malachi_Munroe

Is it wrong that i want it to be cheetah? lulz

ZhuRong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@csg_cl: Cheetah is like Lex Luthor (purely Superman villain). Good villain but they won't make good solo movies villains. Wonder Woman suppose to take on gods not people that she usually oneshot. Circe doesn't get alot of attention so it would be great to use her. Ares would be the main choice.

Jonez_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Giganta.

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By CSG_CL

@zhurong: yet Lex was in most of the major SM films in history.

Avatar image for scorpio_cassadine
    SCORPIO_CASSADINE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Start with Giganta for the first 5-10 minutes before the opening credits, then Angle Man (his powers would be as awesome in live action as Quicksilver's were in X-Men: DOFP), then Cheetah and Dr. Psycho...then reveal they were all minions of Ares. I'd save Circe for the second film and have her be Ares vengeful love interest with an ax to grind because he was defeated in the first film.

ZhuRong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@csg_cl: Man of Steel was the best and it didn't require Lex for it to be a great movie.

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Ares

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@agent41: disagree ... Cheetah is a wonderfully open ended villain ... She has had many motivations across many incarnations. What makes her great for film is that her character is flexible enough to be changed for a film version without being a problem.

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zhurong: many many many people would disagree with MOS being the best. And Lex will almost certainly appear in the franchise before it reboots.

TheBlondeGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hey, not yet Cheetah I think. Because it'll just spoil the movie. A bit.

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

It has to be Ares or Circe. I don't think Cheetah could carry her own movie. Devastation would make a great counter to Diana too.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.