Follow

Wonder Woman

Character » Wonder Woman appears in 8807 issues.

The Amazon princess, blessed with god-like super abilities, Wonder Woman is one of Earth's most powerful defenders of peace, justice, and equality and a member of the Justice League. She is considered an archetype for many heroines outside of comic book. Her initial origin depicted her as a clay baby brought to life by patron goddess Aphrodite, but in recent years she has been depicted as the daughter of Zeus and Amazon queen Hippolyta.

What Additional Ability Should She Have?

WWQ3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

She definitely needs more powers; Power Girl and Supergirl have heat vision and Ice breath, Barda has the powers of her Mega-Rod, Maxima has mind control, etc. Diana just has speed, flight, strength and durability. Maybe she could generate a force field or an energy blast.

Press Oblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

No Caption Provided

I liked the Lightning Strike that Gail Simone gave her during her run on the book. She could call down Zeus's bolts when clashing her bracers together.

gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

energy powers.

KnightRise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zeus's lightining. She's a demi-god Olympian/Amazonian hybrid, damnit.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d22cbdd103e7
    deactivated-5d22cbdd103e7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

She's able to take her bracelets off and become"a God" not sure what powers that entails though but I'm betting it's a pretty big speed, strength, and skill boost.

Avatar image for deactivated-60ae841330527
    deactivated-60ae841330527

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

She needs more powers because others have more powers???

I don't agree with that logic...but sure powers for everyone...Batman should get a permanent mech-suit while we are at it...And Superman gets mind control since the Martian (and possibly Majestic) eclipse him in powers ... As long as the stories are good I'm okay with anything!

But ... rather than giving her more powers for the sake of a numbers game, why not have her use what she has more creatively like Flash, Green Lanterns, Batman, and Cyborg?

Bogey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

She's fine as she is.

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By lykopis

Being one of the most powerful characters in comics is enough I would think. Her abilities are already powerful -- anything more is over-kill. Besides, you don't want to make her cheesy with some weird power which would be unnecessary considering her immense power-set as it is.

I do like the idea of obtaining certain mythological objects which she can use.

Avatar image for fuchsia_nightingale
    Fuchsia_Nightingale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

@lykopis said:

Aphrodite's Garter belt ;) lol :P

Alak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Alak

I could not disagree more with the OP. She's already an incredibly powerful A-list Justice League member. We're talking about one of the exceedingly rare individuals in the DC Universe who can throw down with Superman without any prep whatsoever. Let's also not forget the fact that New 52 Wonder Woman has no weaknesses that can be easily exposed by her opponents.

gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By gokuwarrior

@alak:

a range attack is something that she should have,being zeus daugther now,lightnings would be great,and new 52 wonder woman hasn't feats to prove she can fight superman ,she hasn't impresive feats,so first we should ask for more impressive feats.

gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lykopis:

a range attack is something that she should have,being zeus daugther now,lightnings would be great,and new 52 wonder woman hasn't impresive feats,so first we should ask for more impressive feats.

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lykopis said:

Aphrodite's Garter belt ;) lol :P

Oooh - cool. That would be interesting.

@lykopis:

a range attack is something that she should have,being zeus daugther now,lightnings would be great,and new 52 wonder woman hasn't impresive feats,so first we should ask for more impressive feats.

Azzarello is more focused on story rather than battles showcasing who she can beat -- I would argue Wonder Woman (the New52 one) is very impressive but beating down gods and such doesn't amount to much it seems in the DC world.

lilben42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

She doesn't need more powers but I would give her an internal power. Like she is a lie detector.

gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By gokuwarrior

@lykopis:

defeating gods means nothing if the gods have no feats to show how powerful they are,she has no impressive feats,and no matter what is arazzello's focus,after 20 issues,he better give her some impresive feats already,he is waritting wonder woman,a god like warrior,not the series of wonder nanny,you know what i mean.

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Darksider555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Oneness With Fire

Empathy

RDClip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By RDClip

OP missed a few powers. She has the lasso of truth that is unbreakable and able to force the truth out of anyone. She also has them fancy magic swords that come out of her bracers. Diana was also trained by the friggen god of war in the ways of combat. She also has the superpower of being able to fight in a halter top without having a "wardrobe malfunction".

gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SNascimento

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would not give anything more. Speed, flight, strength and durability is all she needs. And the way she has to project her power is through her skills.

But she shouldn't have any weakness. The only way to bring her down is in a fight.

Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 6

She's already overpowered as is.

It's not about what powers she has compared to the Kryptonians and alike, but about the fact she has no weaknesses.

Bruxae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#22  Edited By Bruxae

She has an unbreakable whip for ranged attacks and bracelets for blocking, I see that as extensions of her power. Its enough really.

gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fadetoblackbolt:

new 52 wonder woman isn't overpowered,she has no impressive feats yet,and as far as we know,she still has her weakness against piercing weapons,she should have divine lightnings,since she is zeus daugther.

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fadetoblackbolt: I like her overpowered,but,just for now,she isnt have impressive feats,like push the earth or something

i'm hope DC give her some great feats,like moved a HUGE planet

Avatar image for cloudzackvincent
    cloudzackvincent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#25  Edited By cloudzackvincent

@fadetoblackbolt:

new 52 wonder woman isn't overpowered,she has no impressive feats yet,and as far as we know,she still has her weakness against piercing weapons,she should have divine lightnings,since she is zeus daugther.

Hercules is Zeus' son but he could never summon divine lightning, neither could Perseus or the numerous other children of Zeus. Going by this logic Ares, Athena, Apollo, Hermes, Persephone, Dionysus, Helen of Troy, King Minos, the three muses, the three graces.. each and everyone of them should be able to summon divine lightning.

gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cloudzackvincent:

it's different with wonder woman,she had her own lightning before new 52,so she should have it now that she is zeus daugther.

cloudzackvincent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By cloudzackvincent

@gokuwarrior: yes it is true that she had her lightning during .. umm .. i think it was simone's run... and i remember 2 instances of her using it. however i think as many people who r not very familiar with the character already relate her too much with thor, giving her the ability to summon lightning would not be such a great idea.

gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cloudzackvincent:

she used her lightnings more than twice,other people relate her with storm,since she is the only recognizable female for the general audience they compare her with a lot of characters even when she has nothing in common with them,she should have energy attacks,if not lightnings,then other kind of energy attacks.

jointron33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#29  Edited By jointron33

Talk to animals

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#30  Edited By dernman

She doesn't need or should have anymore power.

Avatar image for scorpio_cassadine
    SCORPIO_CASSADINE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jointron33 said:

Talk to animals

Exactly! I've always liked her "Unity with Beasts" power and it hasn't been seen in the New 52. That's missing, along with the tiara throwing that's always been her long range attack. I think Wonder Woman should be vulnerable to piercing weapons, but able to cross her bracelets and make the Aegis Effect that's ostensibly an energy shield. I liked her oneness with fire too, as well as the lasso's Hestia's Fire of Protection.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

dmessmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By dmessmer

I agree with those who think she already has plenty of power. And I'm shocked that only @rdclip mentioned the lasso! Being able to force others to tell the truth, as well as her other powers, all make sense within the context of her character, which is what's most important. Along those lines, she also has the "powers" of wisdom, beauty, and love. Those are the kinds of things that make for good stories and that make the character iconic rather than just setting her up for the occasional splash page. Adding more powers just to add them would be a huge mistake.

Superdork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

I liked the Lightning Strike that Gail Simone gave her during her run on the book. She could call down Zeus's bolts when clashing her bracers together.

This would be awesome since she's the daughter of Zeus.

Black_Claw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 48

@press_oblivion said:
    No Caption Provided

This would be awesome since she's the daughter of Zeus.

Same here.

cloudzackvincent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cloudzackvincent:

she used her lightnings more than twice,other people relate her with storm,since she is the only recognizable female for the general audience they compare her with a lot of characters even when she has nothing in common with them,she should have energy attacks,if not lightnings,then other kind of energy attacks.

could u reference the other instances when she has used it? I remember her using it only twice, once against Pele and once while under the sea if i remember correctly.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 the_stegman  Moderator

This, she definitely needs more long range attacks, and since she is a daughter of Zeus, I'd love her to have lightning powers.

dmessmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By dmessmer

Why does she need extra powers in the first place? I'm still not clear on that starting point.

gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cloudzackvincent:

one of the times where the one that we see at the top of this page,other one was against a monster,other one wa against an android who had super speed,and those are the 3 times i remember so far.

KnightRise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By KnightRise

@knightrise said:

This, she definitely needs more long range attacks, and since she is a daughter of Zeus, I'd love her to have lightning powers.

Could you imagine her fighting Supes in a Hush round two and beam battling his heat vision with her lighting?

cloudzackvincent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cloudzackvincent:

one of the times where the one that we see at the top of this page,other one was against a monster,other one wa against an android who had super speed,and those are the 3 times i remember so far.

so... there's not a big difference between twice and thrice

queenfrost_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 7

Actually I kinda like how she has no 'attack' powers. It makes her rely more on the warrior/fighting skills she has and subsequently results in Wonder Woman being an even more deadlier foe than Superman...

queenfrost_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 7

@dmessmer said:

I agree with those who think she already has plenty of power. And I'm shocked that only @rdclip mentioned the lasso! Being able to force others to tell the truth, as well as her other powers, all make sense within the context of her character, which is what's most important. Along those lines, she also has the "powers" of wisdom, beauty, and love. Those are the kinds of things that make for good stories and that make the character iconic rather than just setting her up for the occasional splash page. Adding more powers just to add them would be a huge mistake.

This ^

Part of what makes Wonder Woman so great is that in some way or another, all women can relate to her. If she shows up suddenly shooting lightning from her hands or creating force fields, women will find it more difficult to relate. Diana's true powers lie in her wisdom and ability to defy her opponents without relying on anything other than the gifts the gods have given her.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.