Follow

Wonder Woman

Character » Wonder Woman appears in 8805 issues.

The Amazon princess, blessed with god-like super abilities, Wonder Woman is one of Earth's most powerful defenders of peace, justice, and equality and a member of the Justice League. She is considered an archetype for many heroines outside of comic book. Her initial origin depicted her as a clay baby brought to life by patron goddess Aphrodite, but in recent years she has been depicted as the daughter of Zeus and Amazon queen Hippolyta.

Was Diana in BvS to hype Gal?

Saint_Sophie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Saint_Sophie

So I re-watched the movie and I realized while watching it, that Gal's role doesn't seem that hard to replicate, Any female actress near Gal's age with some acting experience could've easily played her role. It was just a couple scenes with limited dialog and a big fight scene to make her look bada-- and everyone loved her or a lot of nay sayers now love her.

Was this to hype her up or test her so if her solo movie doesn't potentially end up good, it won't be like say past comic movie failures where established actors/actresses bombed? Okay I don't know if that wording made sense but it's the only other reason I can think of why Diana was just put into this movie aside from pleasing fans that an iconic female heroes' finally on the big screen.

I just want some other insight?

xoxo, -Saint Sophie

TheExile285

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 4

I think a lot of people were just excited to see Diana on the big screen being portrayed by an actor who, at the very least, did a decent job with the role.

For me, she was one of the only positives in the film...

Avatar image for scorpio_cassadine
    SCORPIO_CASSADINE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@saint_sophie: They were already sure about Gal Gadot, they put her in BvS to have the whole Trinity kick off Justice League. She was the wrong choice for Wonder Woman but the producers don't know any better.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
    deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

She didn't need to be in the movie at all. Gal did fine but it was nothing special.

Avatar image for deactivated-599b4bc7465db
    deactivated-599b4bc7465db

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

they needed to set up the justice league, wws 75th anniversary was this year and they wanted to do something for her probably, they also probably wanted the trinity and they might have needed someone else to help fight doomsday

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.