Follow

Wonder Woman

Character » Wonder Woman appears in 8805 issues.

The Amazon princess, blessed with god-like super abilities, Wonder Woman is one of Earth's most powerful defenders of peace, justice, and equality and a member of the Justice League. She is considered an archetype for many heroines outside of comic book. Her initial origin depicted her as a clay baby brought to life by patron goddess Aphrodite, but in recent years she has been depicted as the daughter of Zeus and Amazon queen Hippolyta.

Two Wonder Woman Books For Villain's Month

Avatar image for scorpio_cassadine
    SCORPIO_CASSADINE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By SCORPIO_CASSADINE
    gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

cheetah,i won't trust in arazzello again until i read his work to find him doing something for wonder woman,feats wise,and develop more her hero side.

i want cheetah to the respect she deserves,she has a good story and madness to make a great villan,now it's time for her to have great feats to prove she really is a powerhouse in wonder woman's league.

lilben42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TBH story>>>>>>> feats

gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lilben42:

i don't know what TBH means,but feats are important,new 52 wonder woman has been around for 1 and half year and she hasn't done anything impressive,the story is important,but so are the feats,and since arazzello is going to be runing around the drama of the gods for a while,at least give us some good action,some impresive feats that make wonder woman look like wonder woman,with perez and ruka we had both,great story arcs and great feats,a good comic must have both things,and when it comes to cheetah,she needs a lot of great feats,with cheetah the stoy doesn't matter because she already has a good story,but she was treated poorly in the past being humiliated by street level characters and that hurt wonder woman's own reputation because cheetah is supposed to be her nemessis,so you can't tell me that it's not important for cheetah to have grerat feats that put her in the powerhouse category,she needs those feats,or people will never take her seriously and that will keep affecting wonder woman as well.

lilben42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By lilben42

@gokuwarrior: TBH= To be honest

Well yeah feats are important but if I had to choose between feats or story I would choose story. It also seems like Azzerello isn't much of a feats guy. He's one of thise people who focus on development and plot.

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lilben42: story,of course, we needs good story,but you not listen gokuwarrior points,he says,wonder woman needs have some great feats, important feats,wonder woman already have nice story but has been around for 1 and half year,she even 0 important feat

think about,superman lift earth weight,we needs wonder woman do some heavy feats too,even 1 feats,please...

gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By gokuwarrior

@lilben42:

it doesn't matter if arazzello isn't a feats guy,he is writing a comic book,a hero,she needs great feats,if she is dealing with a problem that includes gods,between all the things going on,it's impodssible to believe that she will always end the problems without fighting,in a war between gods where wonder woman is involved,it's impossible to believe that she will have no great feats,she has to fight at one point and do great feats,we need something more than story because in a comic like wonder woman,action is very important too,and cheetah affects wonder woman's image so it's very important to give cheetah proper feats too.

gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gokuwarrior: lol,i'm just think,we all agree wonder woman is superman power level,but has been around for 1 years,wonder woman no any important feats,that just too bad

SCORPIO_CASSADINE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

She has great feats in Justice League, stabbing Darkseid in the eye and deflecting his Omega beams with her bracelets, shattering Hal's ring construct and kicking his @ss, knocking Superman down as if he were made of tissue paper etc. Johns also showed Cheetah to be formidable enough to beat the entire Justice League, Superman included and she was the only villain, so far, capable of knocking Diana out cold.

It's too bad that doesn't extend to Azzarello's run. To be fair though, some would consider her first defeat of Artemis in God Mode to be a feat. I also read the latest issue in the store (I refused to buy it) and there was actual superhero action in her second victory over Artemis, although it wasn't very clear what was happening.

It's funny how Ostrander talks about doing Cheetah's introduction to the New 52 like it hasn't been done already in Justice League. I hope that doesn't mean the various books at DC still aren't communicating with each other. After reading Paul Jenkins' damnable interview on Bleeding Cool about the inner workings at DC though, I wouldn't be surprised. http://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/06/05/the-bullying-of-creators-paul-jenkins-talks-about-leaving-dc-and-marvel-for-boom/

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By PowerWoman

@scorpio_cassadine: all these not "feats",we needs see wonder woman moved/push/lift planet feats,just like superman lift earth

gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scorpio_cassadine: wonder woman deflecting omega beams was good,the green lantern and superman fight wasn't a real fight,nobody was fighting seriously,defeating goddess artemis means nothing because artemis has no feats,we don't know how powerful she is,cheetah speedblitz cybor,batman and aquaman which is easy because they haven't super speed,she took superman with his guard off,it happens a lot because he isn't a good fighter,and wonder woman was holding back in the fights against her because at first she thought barbara was a victim of the cheetah's spirit,but they trapped cheetah,she realized barbara was evil and a liar sinse day one,so we don't know how powerful cheetah is and how would wonder woman fight her in a serious battle now that she won't hold back(probably).

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By PowerWoman

@gokuwarrior: that my point

you always know what i mean,cool bro

SergeStorms

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

I couldn't care less about the "feats" of Wonder Woman in JL. If I wanted JL Wonder Woman, I would read it. I don't think anyone can really argue Azzarello and Johns are writing about the same character. They kind of look the same and have the same name, after that, any likeness is purely coincidental. John's character is one whose action and fighting always serve a purpose that is specific to Wonder Woman and her character. She only fights to protect and save the ones she loves. And Wonder Woman loves everyone. The dark hard chick in JL is a refuge from an MTV reality show. At some point, there should be a short hand way to differentiate which one you are talking about.

SCORPIO_CASSADINE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sergestorms: I think you meant Azzarello instead of Johns, but anyway I call the one with her own book "Diazza".

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sergestorms: We needs some feats,wonder woman should be have some respect feats

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By PowerWoman

WW needs some really respect feats,not panel(like"she strong enough moved a planet"!no,not like this)we needs see she really moved a planet or something in the scan not just a panel,because panel always exaggerate,unless your have a lot of evidence to prove that it is not an exaggeration,wonder woman have 0 important feats for now,that just too bad,we already have nice story of wonder woman,but for gods name,we are waiting for over years,wonder woman still no any important feats,that let me feel bad

sorry,i'm not just like "feats",just wonder woman should be have real respect feats to prove herself,if dc writer can make superman lift earth weight,why wonder woman no any important feats?come on,just show us even 1 feats,please...

also,i ' m hope DC writer dont make wonder woman feats too inexplicit,like hyperion,who held two worlds in panel ,but in the scan,he even not touch them

wonder woman needs powerful/clear/ respect feats

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

@powerwoman: Have you not read issue 12 or are you just ignoring it?

And why should Azzarello sink to Lobdell's and Johns level and fill the pages with meaningless flash? So people have some cool images to post?

jointron33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

Feat fetish

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jointron33: you can call me this,but wonder woman needs some really respect is true,i dont like wonder woman always low level

@powerwoman: Have you not read issue 12 or are you just ignoring it?

And why should Azzarello sink to Lobdell's and Johns level and fill the pages with meaningless flash? So people have some cool images to post?

i dont see any important feats in the issue 12

SCORPIO_CASSADINE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think he's talking about God Mode, the Dues ex Machina that came out of nowhere and hasn't been seen since, or even explained. That doesn't qualify as a feat to me either, that's why I said "some" people, Outside is apparently one of them.

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scorpio_cassadine: ......i think important feats is mean some really heavy thing,god mode is good but we dont know how powerful is she,superman lift earth weight,This is more impressive and quantifiable,wonder woman needs it too,we are waiting for over years,wonder woman still no any important feats,just give us 1 feats,ok?My request is very simple,DC isnt needs show too many feats,just give us 1 important feats

wonder woman should be have really respect,not panel,not assume

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@powerwoman: Are you really suggesting that; lifting something heavy is more impressive than beating up a god?

@scorpio_cassadine: So does it qualify as a feat to you when Lobdell so far has given you absolutely nothing in regards to Dr. Veritas and her work? Or is random scientist living in the center of the Earth just enough for you?

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@outside_85: we dont know this god how powerful,beat a god isnt impressive in the comics book

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Outside_85

@powerwoman: And lifting something heavy is so pedestrian that every superteam features at least one guy or gal that can throw a truck across town.

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@outside_85: Is doesnt matter,we just needs wonder woman have some real respect feats

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@powerwoman: Then how about respecting her for the things she does instead of moaning about the things she doesnt?

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@outside_85: Is not moaning,we are waiting for years,over years,wonder woman still no any important feats,that just too strange.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Outside_85

@powerwoman: She's beat up one god twice, Superman on the other hand has spent much of his New 52 getting his rear kicked by anyone crossing his path like; Darkseid, Wonder Woman, Graves, Helspot, H'El (repeatedly). The point is that Superman might have more flashy feats by pushing inanimate objects around, but he's not been able to convert that into any convincing victories over any credible threats.

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@outside_85: we dont know dc gods how powerful.that was problem

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Outside_85
    PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@outside_85: why not?if dc gods cant moved earth,wonder woman beat them isnt impressive

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@powerwoman: I suppose I could then say that lifting the Earth isn't impressive since it's a microscopic spec in the universal tapestry and gods tend to be far bigger than that.

Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Bruxae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Cheetah will be intresting! First born is really boring though honestly, id prefer a Circe book.

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

I hope villains month is September of 2014. The way Azz is going, that's about when his current arc will be over!

gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@outside_85: new 52 wonder woman hasn't done anything impressive,beating a god means nothing if the god has no feats to show how powerful the god is,wonder woman didn't kick superman's ass,nobody was fighting seriously,darksied is darksied,wonder woman can't beat him by herself either.

wonder woman needs im,pressive feats,it's an important part of a comic book,she is warrior with god like powers,she needs some good action,some epic fights,impressive feats,story alone doesn't make a great comic,both things are important,story and feats,because wonder woman is an adventure action comic in its core,lack of action and feats is not a good thing.

jointron33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

Thanks for making this thread something it's not. Go to hell with that nonsense.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gokuwarrior said:

@outside_85: wonder woman needs im,pressive feats,it's an important part of a comic book,she is warrior with god like powers,she needs some good action,some epic fights,impressive feats,story alone doesn't make a great comic,both things are important,story and feats,because wonder woman is an adventure action comic in its core,lack of action and feats is not a good thing.

See this is where you are wrong; Wonder Woman is not the one who needs to pull off some pointless idiotic weightlifting contest to prove her worth, it is just you and your craving for meaningless brawls that demand that they appear. And you already get that from 'riters' like Johns who pretty much embody the idea of empty, utterly forgettable comics filled with flash and brawl.

Ah yes, and if you don't think anyone was being serious, do remember she tried to disembowel GL with a sword. I know Johns thinks Diana is a barbarian, but even that is pushing the concept of 'fighting for fun'.

gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By gokuwarrior

@outside_85:

she doesn't need feats to prove her worth?,wrong,she does need them,she is not a powerhouse anymore,she hasn't done anything to prove she deserves to be considered a powerhouse,she hasn't done anything to prove she deserves to be considered a thread to characters like superman,just because she is wonder woman and she used to have feats that made people respect her as a popwerhouse,doesn't mean it's the same way now,since the rebot,she hasn't done anything to make her powerhouse statu justice,and the story of her solo title has been going around for far too long,having gerat action and feats is important,you talk as if giving wonder woman great feats would make the story bad,like if we can't have both things,like if giving wonder woman impressive feats will make the story suck and that is not true,and she hasn't done anything impressive in johns JL comic either.

proving that she is very powerful isn't pointless,showing her lifting impressive things,using her super speed in combat and showing her super durability aren't going to be a negative take on the character,ruka and perez were able to create great stories and give her impressive feats at the same time,giving the wonder woman name a real meaning.

gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scorpio_cassadine:

we can call the character in her solo title diazza warrior princess,and zola can play gabrielle.

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@outside_85:

I think I understand where Gokuwarrior is coming from. It's be like Batman being 20 issues in and not really having seen any detective work or intelligence. Few speed scenes from Flash. She has these abilities and being the huge WW fans we are, we want to see them. Doesn't have to be a pointless fight necessarily either. Just something. Azz makes her talk......then talk.....then more talking......then when she's done talking, other people start talking.

theOVOXO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Whats the whole point of having strength feats when a weaker villain comes along and somehow beats the superhero? Diana does have feats in her own book, but she isn't punching her enemies to the moon. Azz's WW relies on her brain instead of her brawn. Issue #20 was a perfect example of Diana using her brain.

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pokeysteve: yes,my point is gokuwarrior,we are hope wonder woman have some really feats

yes,we needs good story,but dont forgot,she is "wonder" woman,she should be have heavy feats

Avatar image for deactivated-60ae841330527
    deactivated-60ae841330527

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Only 2? I think people are missing the bigger picture...

Superman gets

1. Bizarro
    2. Cyborg Superman
    3. Battle Suite Lex Luthur
    4. Parasite
    5. General Zod
    6. Metallo (DCnU Awesome version)
    7. H'el
    8. DOOMSDAY (not Superdoom but freaking DOOMSDAY)

Batman is getting

1. POISON IVY
    2. Harly Quinn
    3. Scarecrow
    4. Man-Bat
    5. Joker
    6. Penguin
    7. Riddler
    8. Bane
    9. Ventriloquist
    10. Mr. Freeze
    11. Clayface
    12. Joker Daughter
    13. Two Face
    14. Ra’s al Ghul
    15. Court of Owls
    16. Killer Croc

Wonder Women gets Cheetah and .... wait for it .... The first born .... AKA "the guy who is yet to do Jack ****" (like the rest of the WW cast) and nobody really cares about!

I mean out of 8, Superman gets one new (non-nostalgic villain) in He'l, Out of 16, Batman gets 2 (Court of Owl and Jokers Daughter).

Wonder Women gets cheetah...and Mr Hype (So half her villains are ... basically not someone we have been dying to see "reintroduced and further explored"). I guess they could have given her someone else, but by the time Wonder Women is finished sitting around talking with Cheetah and the First Born ... in the living-room, nobody would bother reading anymore of her villains comics....but hey, I'm sure we can see her villains in everyone else comics...

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pokeysteve: The thing is that WW has made feats within her own book. The problem is that @gokuwarrior: and those like him have decided to completely ignore them because they aren't explained or measured clearly enough.

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pokeysteve: The thing is that WW has made feats within her own book. The problem is that @gokuwarrior: and those like him have decided to completely ignore them because they aren't explained or measured clearly enough.

He probably wants some stuff to use on the battle forum for the people who underestimate her (still). Personally, I think her best feat so far is thrashing Supergirl but that's just me.

gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By gokuwarrior

@theovoxo: and what's the point in being a powerhouse and almost having 0 feats?,what's the point in having super powers and almost never using them?,you can't use bad writting moments to pretend that feats are not important,we can't take care of the stupid work of some writers that sometimes water down the powerhouses for the sake of a plot,by your logic,superman,cap marvel,wonder woman should never have any feat of strength,speed,durability because there is always the posibility that an stupid writter will make them lose to an inferior character in a certain issue?,then why will you give superman,wonder woman,etc,all the powers they have if they will never use them?,they have super powers,and they have to show them regularly,winning fights with tactics is good,but you can't pretend to win every fight with intelligence alone,if that was the case,all the superheros would only have great intellects and no super powers,you can't deal with every fight the same ways,then all the dambn comic characters would be like batman,where would be the versatily?,the characters that have super powers have super powers for something,you can't tell me its not important to mak them use the damn super powers that they have had since their first appearance,wonder woman has always been a powerhouse,a hero with super powers and any real fan of the character wants to see her use her powers.

gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pokeysteve:

it's not about battle forum,it's that i've been a fan of her for more than 20 years and now i don't get the wonder woman thast used to do feats that made her wonder woman name justice,you know what i mean?,she has always had super powers and now she barely uses them,and when she does,most of the time it's not something that some street level characters couldn't do,and that isn't the wonder woman that i'm used to read,there is no WONDER,in this new wonder woman run.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.