Follow

Wonder Woman

Character » Wonder Woman appears in 8804 issues.

The Amazon princess, blessed with god-like super abilities, Wonder Woman is one of Earth's most powerful defenders of peace, justice, and equality and a member of the Justice League. She is considered an archetype for many heroines outside of comic book. Her initial origin depicted her as a clay baby brought to life by patron goddess Aphrodite, but in recent years she has been depicted as the daughter of Zeus and Amazon queen Hippolyta.

TV costume tweak

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Sydpart2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Sydpart2

Really the only problem I had with the new shows outfit is the blue boots, people are saying that it was to bright, but I think that has more to do with a direct light than the costume color alone. So here's a quick photoshop of the outfit with red boots instead of blue, I think I picked a little to dark a red, but that is taken from a part of the costume, so like I said I think it's more about the lighting.

No Caption Provided
    warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By warlock360
    Sydpart2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Sydpart2
    @warlock360: tried, wouldn't let me upload the image, so made a topic and linked it here...this site get's weird. Not sure if it's just me or not but gives me a lot of technical issues...
    ComicCrazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By ComicCrazy

WOW nice job man it makes it like heaps better I would still prefer the pants if they were black and less leathery.......but still you made it look like 99% better.

Sydpart2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Sydpart2
    @ComicCrazy said:
    " WOW nice job man it makes it like heaps better I would still prefer the pants if they were black and less leathery.......but still you made it look like 99% better. "
    lol thanks...yeah the red boots just work better with the outfit, still wished I'd picked a bit of a brighter shade...hmm ya know what I think I'll go darken the whole thing just to see how it'll look with indirect light
    Video_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Video_Martian
    @Sydpart2 said:
    "Really the only problem I had with the new shows outfit is the blue boots, people are saying that it was to bright, but I think that has more to do with a direct light than the costume color alone. So here's a quick photoshop of the outfit with red boots instead of blue, I think I picked a little to dark a red, but that is taken from a part of the costume, so like I said I think it's more about the lighting.

"

This looks better than the actual t.v. show outfit...
    Sydpart2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Sydpart2

Ok, here's basically the whole thing with muted colors, I think this is what we'd be more likely to see in motion and such, I've worked with film and color does look more intense under certain light, the colors I used here are actually taken from lower lit sections of the costume in the original picture so just take that into consideration when looking at this. I apologize for the splochy obvious recolored sections on the pants here, it's time consuming to recolor a reflection of a light, so that big triangle area is more or less a mistake on my part due to laziness. Anyway as I was saying, I think this is what the costume will end up looking like on real film, if they made the change to red boots

No Caption Provided
    ComicCrazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By ComicCrazy
    @Sydpart2: 

DUDE that looks 100% better I wish that was the real costume for the show............now I'm dissapointed but WOW man that looks good. Nice job.
    Sydpart2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Sydpart2
    @ComicCrazy: lol thanks, like I said I think that's closer to what we might see in motion, only with the blue boots. film is weird with lighting sometimes trust me.
    ComicCrazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By ComicCrazy
    @Sydpart2: 

Yeah it always looks darker in the actual finished production but its pretty sad that she won't have those red boots and still has those awful blue pants.
    Avatar image for kapitein_zeppos
    kapitein_zeppos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By kapitein_zeppos

Red boots are the way to go.

I hate to say it, but the basic costume isn't too bad.  It's still more or less WW and it's meant for TV, I can live with that.

It does need a big tweak, going for richer materials, chromed/metal elements rather than a mid-level cosplay effect.

xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#12  Edited By xerox_kitty

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.