Follow

Wonder Woman

Character » Wonder Woman appears in 8807 issues.

The Amazon princess, blessed with god-like super abilities, Wonder Woman is one of Earth's most powerful defenders of peace, justice, and equality and a member of the Justice League. She is considered an archetype for many heroines outside of comic book. Her initial origin depicted her as a clay baby brought to life by patron goddess Aphrodite, but in recent years she has been depicted as the daughter of Zeus and Amazon queen Hippolyta.

Truth, Lies or Inconsistencies?

Avatar image for scorpio_cassadine
    SCORPIO_CASSADINE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By SCORPIO_CASSADINE

Does Diana live in London or Paris?

Is she made from clay or the daughter of Zeus?

Are the Amazons benevolent or harpies?

Is Etta Candy Steve Trevor's secretary or his superior Commander?

Is Steve Trevor an Air Force Colonel or a Master Chief in the Navy?

What happened to A.R.G.U.S.?

We know there will eventually be an appearance by Dr. Psycho, do you think he's responsible for the shift in perceptions, or Jason, a god, or the Duke of Deception?

When all is said and done, what do you think Wonder Woman's truths will be?

SCORPIO_CASSADINE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By SCORPIO_CASSADINE

I think all this has something to do with the fact the missing Themyscira appears to be a floating Paradise again. The Tides of Time (Themyscira's seldom mentioned magical ability to be anywhere, and in any time period, at the Queen's discretion) may also be a factor. That's a good way to reconcile the Darkseid War's revelations about Myra Black, Grail and Diana's twin brother Jason.

TheExile285

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 4

Based off the list you posted, hopefully some of the truths will be the clay origin and benevolent Amazons.

SCORPIO_CASSADINE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theexile285: For some reason I want Steve to be in the Air Force too, it just doesn't feel right him being a sailor, even if he's a Navy Seal.

London and Paris don't feel right either, what's wrong with Washington or Gateway?

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I say it should be either Washington or New York near the UN.

At this point I could do without both origins. Just say her mother prayed for a child one night and she was given one.

No Comment

Should be his secretary out of those two choices. To balance out the dynamic of the three characters.

I could go with either but I lean towards the Air Force.

Don't know but I don't think it should go away totally.

We know there will eventually be an appearance by Dr. Psycho, do you think he's responsible for the shift in perceptions, or Jason, a god, or the Duke of Deception?

Don't know yet. I'm behind in comics.

alsummers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I first noticed that they are shifting Steve's branch in the Rebirth issue when Diana called him a sailor. I thought nothing of it, until now where it seems he is in the Navy. While personally I feel a little honored to have my branch represented in a Wonder Woman comic, I've always seen Steve as a pilot in the Air Force. It probably doesn't matter in the long run, he's a serviceman and that's that, but I still find it a jarring enough change. It's like seeing Lois Lane a magazine photographer rather than a journalist...it's odd.

I don't care either way if Etta is a commander or his secretary. I think the secretary route has been done...so I'm curious to see how this goes, though I'll always prefer Etta to be a tough-knuckled civilian and close friend of Diana's, it brings another aspect to the circle instead of all military all the time.

I'm not in any camp when it comes to Diana's locale. I think she's a nomad and hope she stays that way. So I don't see why it can't be all four.

I think A.R.G.U.S is still there I believe. They were referenced I think in Green Lantern #1. But it may be that Etta and Steve are no longer with the team. Personally, I like this change as it allows both characters to be...you know...Wonder Woman characters (lol). Whereas when they were with A.R.G.U.S they showed up everywhere BUT Wonder Woman comics. It is sad when both Etta and Steve show up more in Superman comics than they do the comic they were created for.

I don't think Dr. Psycho is the total cause of this perception shift. Honestly, I think the Lasso is the culprit---call me crazy, but what goes with "lies"? "Truth".

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why can't she have multiple residences?

I don't really care as long as it's given a clear decision and not some oddball half-way explanation

I think there should be elements of both ... let them be people with all the ups and downs that goes along with that ... always happy or always over aggressive is boring ... but in general the society should be benevolent and loving, but there should always be a few b*tchy Amazons (you know the red heads Orana, Artemis and Aleka)

From issue #1 it seems like she's his commander, which I think can make for an interesting dynamic and potentially give Etta a cool place in the WW universe

I have a feeling we're going to get some kind of A.R.G.U.S. Master Chief amalgam here which might answer your other question on what happened to A.R.G.U.S.

I don't think Dr. Psycho will be involved in this part of the story, from the interview I saw with Liam Sharp it sounds like Dr. Psycho will be a bit down the road. Rebirth has hinted that this might be all because of Dr. Manhattan from Watchmen, I'm curios to see where they go with that

I think we'll see WW reunited with a less aggressive Amazon nation with a living Hippolyta as queen. WW after Rebirth will probably be a hybrid of N52 and all that came before. I'm guessing they are keeping the Daughter of Zeus and Hippolyta because they've seemingly already committed to it for the DCEU and with the birth of a twin, Jason, it seems strange that Diana would be made of clay and he was a natural birth, but I think they'll ditch the sex-raids and return to the "only child on an Island of immortal women".

Agent_Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman said:

I say it should be either Washington or New York near the UN.

At this point I could do without both origins. Just say her mother prayed for a child one night and she was given one.

No Comment

Should be his secretary out of those two choices. To balance out the dynamic of the three characters.

I could go with either but I lean towards the Air Force.

Don't know but I don't think it should go away totally.

How does Etta being Steve's secretary balance out the dynamic?

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By dernman

@agent_z: Dating the bosses best friend just seems out of balance to me. Especially one who's kinda Wonder Woman's Jimmy Olson at times. I'd feel the same if Jimmy was suddenly retconned as Lois's boss. She doesn't have to be the secretary per say but that was the only alternative option given to her being his boss..

Agent_Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman said:

@agent_z: Dating the bosses best friend just seems out of balance to me. Especially one who's kinda Wonder Woman's Jimmy Olson at times. I'd feel the same if Jimmy was suddenly retconned as Lois's boss. She doesn't have to be the secretary per say but that was the only alternative option given to her being his boss..

Maybe I missed something, but Diana and Steve aren't dating. They're just friends.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@agent_z: Lois and Clark. Diana and Steve. They'll always be the meant to be couple to me despite what writers do. Now with rebirth they can fix that mistake.

RevivalMH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hopefully she will be back in America. Although, I wouldn't mind if she stayed in London.

Hopefully she will be back in America. Although, I wouldn't mind if she stayed in London.

I know I am in the minority here, but at this point, I think I prefer her Demigod origin. It makes her powers her own without having to rely on the gods' whims.

Rucka will almost certainly do benevolent. If I am not mistaken, he's stated several times in the past that paradise island should be a paradise. Which is how he wrote it in his previous run.

Either way is fine with me.

Colonel Trevors all the way. Master Chief is a pretty big reduction in rank lol.

If this doesn't get clarified I won't mind. It's not entirely necessary for WW's story.

Hmm, not too sure who is to blame. This could just tie in to Rebirth's overall narrative.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.