Follow

Wonder Woman

Character » Wonder Woman appears in 8808 issues.

The Amazon princess, blessed with god-like super abilities, Wonder Woman is one of Earth's most powerful defenders of peace, justice, and equality and a member of the Justice League. She is considered an archetype for many heroines outside of comic book. Her initial origin depicted her as a clay baby brought to life by patron goddess Aphrodite, but in recent years she has been depicted as the daughter of Zeus and Amazon queen Hippolyta.

The Ideal Wonder Woman Build?

Captain13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

No Caption Provided

NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By NightFang3
    No Caption Provided

Super-Wonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Super-Wonder

Yeah I think that Fitness Model works for Wonder Woman, it's not for everyone.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Toned without too much muscle to intimidate.

Though I do love the Female Bodybuilder Physique I don't think that the Movie Going Masses would approve of the level of muscle that even the Girl with Guns image above has. . . .though I do love the aesthetic on her.

Super-Wonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Super-Wonder
    Loading Video...

20 Years ago I thought that Deidre Pagnanelli would have made a perfect Wonder Woman. PERFECT!

Loading Video...

TheExile285

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By TheExile285
    @super-wonder said:
    Loading Video...

20 Years ago I thought that Deidre Pagnanelli would have made a perfect Wonder Woman. PERFECT!

Loading Video...

Wow, she does physically look like WW. She's also super hot.

Avatar image for dragonhunter1414
    DragonHunter1414

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gal Gadot type figure is ok

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@captain13: I think this woman has a beautiful build, might be a touch overly muscled, or maybe it's just the extreme amount of definition of her muscles. To me WW needs to look athletic and be tall but shouldn't be bulky in her physique because she should also appear quick and agile. The picture you posted fits that description IMO (although it's hard to tell how tall she is).

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By CSG_CL

@super-wonder: she's beautiful, but her breasts are a bit much ... Clearly implants and honestly they look like they would impede her in a fight.

Referring to the first post not Diedre who could very much fit the physical mold

Avatar image for scorpio_cassadine
    SCORPIO_CASSADINE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

She should be statuesque, not muscular. That means buxom, thick and womanly like Liam Sharp draws her and the Dodsons and Yanick Paquette did before him.

No Caption Provided

modernww2fare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@csg_cl: Her name's Denise Milani and no, they're not implants

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@modernww2fare: doesn't change the point ... She's lovely, but can you really imagine her throwing punches or moving at super speed in armor that would make them even more of a hindrance?

SCORPIO_CASSADINE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@csg_cl said:

@modernww2fare: doesn't change the point ... She's lovely, but can you really imagine her throwing punches or moving at super speed in armor that would make them even more of a hindrance?

Yes! XD

Thekillerklok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really think that 3 bulges would be a brave move and would make for a much more interesting character.

Avatar image for deactivated-59dfd33ed3601
    deactivated-59dfd33ed3601

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@csg_cl: Everything about her doesn't have to have human characteristics. Her name is Wonder Woman for a reason. She should be able to do what a normal female can't do.

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@somayareece: yes, but she shouldn't look ridiculous while being wonderous. If we're talking live action there is an element of realism that is necessary to ensure it doesn't just look silly.

@scorpio_cassadine ... To paraphrase Dolly Parton, she'd black both her eyes ... The boobs are visually attractive while she's standing there doing nothing, but they are going to start looking pretty silly as soon as she starts doing something action oriented.

Avatar image for deactivated-599b4bc7465db
    deactivated-599b4bc7465db

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

wonder woman's body has never really been drawn a particular way for any particular reason. the only thing i can think of is her golden age body type meaning to be like the typical woman and if thats the case i think she could be a size 12-16 no problem. id imagine ideally she'd be tall, curvy, and muscular but then again i dont think theres any body type that couldnt work.

i like her ww:e1 stature just wish she had more definition in the muscle but im sure all these women are fine. tbh people's opinion of her are usually going to navigate towards whats popular so whoever you put in there is gonna be believable imo i just think we barely get many women of diff body types on screen period let alone doing anything so we dont have anything to really compare any of these women to

SCORPIO_CASSADINE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@csg_cl: Why are you constantly ridiculing women with big breasts? That's really unbecoming for someone who suppossedly cares about women's empowerment.

Avatar image for dragonhunter1414
    DragonHunter1414

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By DragonHunter1414

@willienotwilliam: this.

She should be statuesque, not muscular. That means buxom, thick and womanly like Liam Sharp draws her and the Dodsons and Yanick Paquette did before him.

No Caption Provided

Right. She should look more fuller than skinny. But honestly skinny is not bad either. With skinny i mean slim, and trimmed a toned body, Much more like Gal Gadot. I think Gal Gadot makes a very good wonder woman. Just as good as Bat Affleck.

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scorpio_cassadine: ridiculing her? She's lovely and I've said that a number of times. The fact that her boobs a very large is simply distracting from a live action action sequence. Unlike you I don't think of women as simply something pretty to look at and believe that WW should be more than just "hot".

SCORPIO_CASSADINE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@csg_cl said:

@somayareece: yes, but she shouldn't look ridiculous while being wonderous. If we're talking live action there is an element of realism that is necessary to ensure it doesn't just look silly.

@scorpio_cassadine ... To paraphrase Dolly Parton, she'd black both her eyes ... The boobs are visually attractive while she's standing there doing nothing, but they are going to start looking pretty silly as soon as she starts doing something action oriented.

You're implying that big boobs look "ridiculous" and you've made numerous similar statements. You appear to think large breasts are always fake (even when they're not) and that they automatically impede athletic performance (even though Serena Williams proves that's not necessarily the case).

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For a good Wonder Woman build you want to put as many points as you can into Dexterity, strength and vitality. Use a set of light or medium weight armour with bonuses that boost the stats I mentioned along with a sword and shield.

dragonrampage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Massive muscles small boobs .

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@csg_cl said:

You're implying that big boobs look "ridiculous" and you've made numerous similar statements. You appear to think large breasts are always fake (even when they're not) and that they automatically impede athletic performance (even though Serena Williams proves that's not necessarily the case).

No, I'm not. I'm saying flat out that her breasts are too large to play well in an action sequence on the big screen. There is no judgement about her or her mentality. Her breasts looked like implants to me, again, not a judgement, a statement of how I viewed her physical body ... I could really care less if they are real or enhanced via surgical procedure.

Serena Williams is also built completely differently than this woman and has the lower body proportions that balance out her frame for athletics. Please look to Simona Halep on the women's tennis tour, she got a breast reduction and went from being a top 25-30 player to top 5 and has discussed how her body was not built to play tennis until she had a reduction.

But my point is, and has always been, for live action they need to incorporate a level of realism into the stunts or the movie will come across sophomoric. This fitness model would be a beautiful poster model for WW, but with breast that large she's going to look like a caricature running around punching things.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

In other words not Gal Gadot.

XLR87T3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@super-wonder: Denise Milani has implants, so that automatically disqualifies her.

Super-Wonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xlr87t3 said:

@super-wonder: Denise Milani has implants, so that automatically disqualifies her.

Disqualified for what?

I was just using her physique as an example of having tone without the raw definition that might be seen as a turn off.

XLR87T3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5e497e3f11e30
    deactivated-5e497e3f11e30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maria Sharapova.

speckoh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Floor Jansen from the band Nightwish

She doesn't have the face of WW but she's 6'1" and has that amazonian body.

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By CSG_CL

Maria Sharapova.

other than being a few inches taller than Gadot, she's built nearly exactly the same

No Caption Provided

speckoh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@csg_cl: Sharapova's bust isn't large enough... :X

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@speckoh said:

@csg_cl: Sharapova's bust isn't large enough... :X

WW doesn't need to have giant breasts to be beautiful ... she certainly didn't (consistently) in the comics until the 90's

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@csg_cl said:
    @vegetassgss said:

Maria Sharapova.

other than being a few inches taller than Gadot, she's built nearly exactly the same

No Caption Provided

No , no , edit: They are different in body, you can not compare gal gadot and sharpova not you cant. bye.

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@csg_cl said:
    @vegetassgss said:

Maria Sharapova.

No Caption Provided

No , no , edit: They are different in body, you can not compare gal gadot and sharpova not you cant. bye.

I just did ...

No Caption Provided

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@csg_cl:

other than being a few inches taller

they are different in facial cut, bra size same, sharapova thighs are wider and stronger. gadot is 32-24-34 sharapova us 34-24-36 sharapova got a wider lower body. and so the difference.

modernww2fare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@csg_cl:

they are different in facial cut, bra size same, sharapova thighs are wider and stronger. gadot is 32-24-34 sharapova us 34-24-36 sharapova got a wider lower body. and so the difference.

Minuscule differences at best. They undeniably have the same body type. Sharapova is about 5 inches taller than Gadot which evens out the slightly larger lower body and bust proportions. Both women are long and lean as opposed to someone such as Serena Williams who is solid and muscular or compared to a woman like Reese Witherspoon who is petite. There is a noticeable difference between the way Williams and Gadot are shaped, not so with Sharapova and Gadot.

XLR87T3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@csg_cl said:
    @vegetassgss said:

@csg_cl:

Minuscule differences at best. They undeniably have the same body type. Sharapova is about 5 inches taller than Gadot which evens out the slightly larger lower body and bust proportions. Both women are long and lean as opposed to someone such as Serena Williams who is solid and muscular or compared to a woman like Reese Witherspoon who is petite. There is a noticeable difference between the way Williams and Gadot are shaped, not so with Sharapova and Gadot.

5 inches taller itself puts maria way different than gal and height does come under build that sort of difference is a big deal in itself. There are differences that i told before. The only thing that is same is their bra size.

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By CSG_CL

@csg_cl said:
    @vegetassgss said:

@csg_cl:

5 inches taller itself puts maria way different than gal and height does come under build that sort of difference is a big deal in itself. There are differences that i told before. The only thing that is same is their bra size.

I'd be willing to bet you would not know the difference if you were 5 feet away from them and Gadot had on heels.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@csg_cl said:
    @vegetassgss said:
    @csg_cl said:
    @vegetassgss said:

@csg_cl:

I'd be willing to bet you would not know the difference if you were 5 feet away from them and Gadot had on heels.

I would know the difference, 5 feet is not that big of a distance anyway. Gadot has difference measurements than sharapova apart from bra size.

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vegetassgss: I'd put money on you not being able to tell if they were in the same outfit and both had the same hair color

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@csg_cl said:

@vegetassgss: I'd put money on you not being able to tell if they were in the same outfit and both had the same hair color

from 5 feet away sure i will tell. 5 feet is not that far away.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.