Follow

Wonder Woman

Character » Wonder Woman appears in 8719 issues.

The Amazon princess, blessed with god-like super abilities, Wonder Woman is one of Earth's most powerful defenders of peace, justice, and equality and a member of the Justice League. She is considered an archetype for many heroines outside of comic book. Her initial origin depicted her as a clay baby brought to life by patron goddess Aphrodite, but in recent years she has been depicted as the daughter of Zeus and Amazon queen Hippolyta.

SUPERMAN/WONDER WOMAN #5 your thoughts?

• 70 results
    Avatar image for scorpio_cassadine
    SCORPIO_CASSADINE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Loved Superman/Wonder Woman #5, this is the WW I've been waiting to see since the start of the New 52. She was formidable, intelligent, beautiful and handled events in a way that Superman couldn't...like a warrior. She also easily learned Kryptonian, which was a great nod to her Golden Age power of being proficient in other languages. The best part was when she yelled at Clark to focus on his own fight. He was busy worrying about her, while getting his ass kicked and arm broken, while she stood unconcerned like a boss. This is a wonderful book, and it was a nice birthday present for me.

At this point I'm willing to read almost anything Charles Soule writes, he's become a favorite, like Peter David or James Robinson.

Avatar image for randolphdefreese
    randolphdefreese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

did anyone else go "what" when Faora was fascinated by Zod's heat vision but didnt blink to the fact that they were flying?

Avatar image for scorpio_cassadine
    SCORPIO_CASSADINE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

did anyone else go "what" when Faora was fascinated by Zod's heat vision but didnt blink to the fact that they were flying?

Nope, but I noticed Diana's armband and choker disappeared and reappeared. It was like she removed them along with her boots, but there wasn't a panel for it.

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I am a bit late to the party having only picked up my copy today, but what a freakin' awesome issue! At long last WW steps up to the plate and has to save Superman from the ass whipping of his life! As a superman fan I don't really know why I enjoyed that but even I admit that he overshadows the other DC powerhouses too often and it was so great to see Wonder Woman finally unleash and show what she can do. In one issue, she has more feats than probably all the Azzarello issues put together! I now wonder if I should just ditch WW and Action Comics and save some pennies just buying this as my Superman/Wonder Woman fix!!

tigerkaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bezza: Agreed seeing the New 52 version Superman get his ass handed to him is a delight. Him and Batman need to be thrashed on a daily basis in DC events or outside other titles.

whygamespot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bezza: Agreed seeing the New 52 version Superman get his ass handed to him is a delight. Him and Batman need to be thrashed on a daily basis in DC events or outside other titles.

Can't agree more. So tired of reading them making other people look lame in team-ups.

tigerkaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tigerkaya said:

Can't agree more. So tired of reading them making other people look lame in team-ups.

First Forever Evil Batman is smacked down by the major villains and now Superman getting his ass handed to him. If DC did more of this and brought Diana back to to some semblance of her Pre 52 persona and less female Kratos I might pick up a Wonder Woman comic.

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Absolutely and Wonder Woman has endured some humiliations in team ups over the years, the Trinity book by Matt Wagner being a prime example. Its certainly high time Wonder Woman reminded everyone that she is a superbly skilled adaptable powerhouse. I also like the way that Charles soule reminds everyone that Kal is essentially unskilled compared with the seasoned warriors such as Diana, Zod and Faora, something that troubled me in the MOS film, where there was no real explanation for how Superman was able to over-power and defeat Kryptons finest military general.....

Avatar image for randolphdefreese
    randolphdefreese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bezza: Superman has been on earth for 33 years,Zod and his followers were in the solar system for a very short period of time.imo Zod and his people got there powers and used them to fast.like Faora using her super speed like she always had it,there was no adjustment period.

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@randolphdefreese:

Yes I agree with you, if you think back to the classic Donner film superman 2, there was definitely a feeling that the kryptonians were adjusting to earth's environment and initially Kal-el seemed to have an edge on them individually.

ClarkKent12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love WW in this issue, they finally deliver on WW telling Supes that he needs her to train him and that power isn't everything, WW's background in war/fighting is on full display... Great issue.

I initially didn't like WW praising the crap out of Supes all the time, but I love how they set it up; WW believes Supes may be more powerful than her, but he isn't trained well enough to fight like she can.

Muffin_Sangria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Muffin_Sangria

Well I don't think that it was just that he was less skilled. I think it was also because Supes basically can't stop himself from holding back.

WDW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love WW in this issue, they finally deliver on WW telling Supes that he needs her to train him and that power isn't everything, WW's background in war/fighting is on full display... Great issue.

I initially didn't like WW praising the crap out of Supes all the time, but I love how they set it up; WW believes Supes may be more powerful than her, but he isn't trained well enough to fight like she can.

I hope they stick with this Theme in the DC cinematic universe

Zod's monolog in his battle with superman in Man of Steel suggest this.

(Zod "Where did you train? On a Farm"?)

ClarkKent12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@muffin_sangria: That's why he's the boy scout, but it still alludes to the fact that he relies too heavily on his power game and not enough on combat skills.

@wdw: The dynamic between Supes and Wondy in the cinematic universe will be interesting, I wonder if there will be sparks between them a la the New 52 or if it will just be like it was Pre 52, platonic with random moments... It will influence the way a situation like this would be handled.

Muffin_Sangria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@clarkkent12: I don't think there will be a romantic relationship between the two of them in the movie. There are some rumors that she might be involved with Batman though. I'm enjoying the relationship between them but I don't want it to last. Like Batman I don't think Wonder Woman is meant to be with anyone indefinably. It's nice for them to actually give her a sex life for once though.

ClarkKent12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@muffin_sangria: There should be, it doesn't have to be some long-lasting relationship akin to Lois & Clark, but a fling or showing some sexual attraction would be interesting... There definitely isn't anyone who could tame Wondy, I like that they're exploring some new avenues in the New 52 though, it would be nice to see some of that ingenuity translate to the big screen.

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

..one of the best Superman WW Comics this one and out of the five issues to date, 2 have been really superb in my book. Definitely the intimation is that Superman is the less skilled warrior, he has the power and some good moves, but relies too much on his invulnerability and strength, WW isn't quite as strong, but is a brilliant h2h combatant. Will we be seeing Superman and WW against Doomsday again?

lifeboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

It was really good becuase of the players and art. The plot also, but I just don't like the choppy style of writing. It seems like very much meaningful dialogue could be used between panels. The story reads way too fast for the price of the comic. The transition from wondy to the demon she fought and slayed was just too abrupt. I don't like Charles soule on this title. I want someone else to write my 2 favorite characters.

primebonnick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By primebonnick

seriously though why did batman have to be a dick when clark told him, that diana and him had a little disagreement jesus calm down bats. Not like you weren't involved with someone that brought harm to a shit load of people cough*talia*cough.

Night4345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@primebonnick:

It's standard for DC now (post Tower of Babel) to have Batman to be a dick to everyone.

primebonnick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@night4345: yea rich kids with issues jesus DC does know how to play a troupe no lie.

modernww2fare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By modernww2fare

@dshipp17 said:

I really loved this issue; the panel time on Wonder Woman's barefeet on Paradise Island was good artwork strategy; I liked her battle with the demon; makes you wonder if other creatures had time to escape. With that issue, I'm sold to Superman/Wonder Woman; I'll be buying this issue and subscribing; this artist is very good and to my taste, so far; hopefully he keeps this course and keeps using the panel space like he did in this issue. Wonder Woman was smart in her help of Superman; I really hope that the Wonder Woman solo can catch up with the nice use of panel time focus that this issue produced; the panel time was well focused on Wonder Woman and her barefeet and the art was very much my taste and comic book type art work. I will be subscribing, but, I must admit, I had very low expectations that I could like this book, based upon this parring, and thought it would be my least favorite, and deserving to be ignored by me; good thing I decided to take a peak every once in a while, based off reviews (e.g. initially, people wasn't liking it and that attracted me); so far, the best Wonder Woman material in quite some time from my perspective; even though there were high points here and there, in the Wonder Woman publication his, since Messner-Loebs' run, this issue was certainly the best Wonder Woman material in a while, due to the use of panel time focus on Wonder Woman and her feet and her battle with the escaped demon. This definitely must be taking place in the present, since the Amazons are still snakes and Hippolyta is still a statue; Chiang could have done the same panel focus back around Wonder Woman #2, but didn't, as Wonder Woman should walk barefoot, at least, on Paradise Island, and at every available opportunity. My favorite pick of the issue is:

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

What are you, Quentin Tarantino?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.