Follow

Wonder Woman

Character » Wonder Woman appears in 8804 issues.

The Amazon princess, blessed with god-like super abilities, Wonder Woman is one of Earth's most powerful defenders of peace, justice, and equality and a member of the Justice League. She is considered an archetype for many heroines outside of comic book. Her initial origin depicted her as a clay baby brought to life by patron goddess Aphrodite, but in recent years she has been depicted as the daughter of Zeus and Amazon queen Hippolyta.

Superman/Wonder Woman 13 preview

sealife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=preview&id=24641

I really don't like Diana's personality in this. I understand that this is how she was written in the Origin arc. But she possibly seems even more bloodthirsty than in it, while Superman doesn't appear to have the personality he had in it.

Love the art however.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

I'm hoping it's misleading and Diana is gonna wow us, after all *spoilers* Superman and Wonder Woman start dating later on

Avatar image for darknightspideyfanboy
    darknightspideyfanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

eww the beauty of Aphrodite she does not have but what can you expect from doug mahnke drawing wonder woman

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Interesting direction he's taken here ... Given that in Johns story they barely spoke. Hopefully we'll see both of them come around to better personalities since she comes across as all kinds of entightled and he sounds like a sanctimonious @ss ... Although I suspect that is the point being made.

Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
    CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I'm willing to check this out, while Soule's run was good, I don't feel like he did a good job with Wonder Woman.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

It continues to make me wonder why artists/colorists at DC continue to draw/color Diana with lickstick and nailpolish? Considering the character maiming, it's obviously not that important, but still...why?

ZhuRong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@outside_85: I think that the dark lipstick matches her attire and fits her personality but it's nothing important.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zhurong: I was more thinking in the lines of; why would she wear it. I know stuff like makeup was around back when the Amazons were young, but other than using it like war-paint or for ceremonies, I wouldn't imagine any of the Amazons use it. So why would Diana, who didn't grow up with 'our' perception of beauty, use it? (Add to this, it's not like she really needs to enchance herself :)

ZhuRong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By ZhuRong

@outside_85: I understand where you're coming from but keep in mind that she isn't just a warrior in Themyscira but also depicted as a normal woman in America. She doesn't have to enhance her beauty when it is solely based on how the artist want her to look. A friend of mines actually think some artists make Diana look like a man. I can also understand that some WW are upset that Finch is oversexualizing her because she is indeed a warrior (not a model). At the same time we don't want to read about a ugly duckling.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zhurong: Well thats part of my point. Diana possess natural beauty, if you were to wake her up at 4 in the morning she'd still look great (abeit bleary eyed and with terrible hair), like the old saying: a face you want to wake up to in the morning.

Add to this, Diana isn't really a normal woman living in America... especially not the one above, she arrived something like months, maybe only weeks, before Darkseid showed up.

ZhuRong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@outside_85: I know she possesses natural beauty (which was noted in the JL cartoon that she's not a fan of makeup). Wonder Woman didn't know much about America since she lived on a isolated island almost all her life so she has to get used to American standards. I know this is random but who the new girl that taken Hal's spot on the JL?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.