Follow

Wonder Woman

Character » Wonder Woman appears in 8804 issues.

The Amazon princess, blessed with god-like super abilities, Wonder Woman is one of Earth's most powerful defenders of peace, justice, and equality and a member of the Justice League. She is considered an archetype for many heroines outside of comic book. Her initial origin depicted her as a clay baby brought to life by patron goddess Aphrodite, but in recent years she has been depicted as the daughter of Zeus and Amazon queen Hippolyta.

Superman vs Wonder Woman in Injustice?

• 126 results
    Avatar image for deactivated-59dfd33ed3601
    deactivated-59dfd33ed3601

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I haven't been reading Injustice but I just got done reading Year 4 #7 and I was suprised by the issue cover and news at the end. I guess they will finally go to war in the next issue. It is time for Wonder Woman to pick a side and follow her heart. Defeating Superman could open a better path in the future.

GrandWonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By GrandWonder

Here:

Just check the scans. I can't seem to make my links work here so I'll just post these:

Warning: the posters here uses strong language. Just check my scans.

No. 8

http://herochat.com/index.php?topic=4189.0

No. 9

http://herochat.com/index.php?topic=4315.0

Oh, before the Superman brigade say this is non-canon, Injustice Universe is part of the DC multiverse as per Convergence.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@grandwonder: Wow, that was a good fight. It is arguably better than the Sacrifice. The comments got me dying (Superman fans are so angry lol). It is karma for all the people like to underestimate her. I'm glad she won.

GrandWonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By GrandWonder

Yup. Convincingly too. That's how I actually see the fight would go. Diana will win with her superior skills.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@grandwonder: That how I seen it going too but a lot of writers like to make her look dumb and weak. Even with Superman trying to kill her, she still gave him hell and came out on to.

GrandWonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Klaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Klaus

It was a good fight. I personally liked Sacrifice a lot better as Diana was actually portrayed as fast and strong enough to affect Superman without only going for the joints. In this fight he kinda seemed physically superior in strength and speed by a large margin which did bug me. Though eventually her skill did come out on top.

GrandWonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@klaus: I think that last punch would kill Superman if not for Sinestro interfering.

jphulk26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am so happy right now. Feel like McDonalds right now cause I´m loving it :)

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

pretty much exactly how a 1:1 fight between them should go ... even Hal was like "yeah, WW is going to pound him"

PanthersRock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By PanthersRock

That's complete bs superman should beat her 10/10 times if he's actually trying

Also superman was holding back a lot even if he states he isnt , because if he truly wasn't holding back the planet would shakimg and it would probably break. Clark could one shot her if he wanted to

Klaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@csg_cl said:

pretty much exactly how a 1:1 fight between them should go ... even Hal was like "yeah, WW is going to pound him"

Wait, did we see the same scans? Cause last thing I saw was WW breaking his arm. No Hal or Sinestro.

Archizooom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Archizooom

@klaus said:

It was a good fight. I personally liked Sacrifice a lot better as Diana was actually portrayed as fast and strong enough to affect Superman without only going for the joints. In this fight he kinda seemed physically superior in strength and speed by a large margin which did bug me. Though eventually her skill did come out on top.

Don't say Wonder Woman is too slow to keep up with Superman when just a few weeks ago Batman swallowed a pill and drew blood from him. Luckily Buccellato is fond of Wonder Woman, Tom Taylor would sooner have a juiced-up chimpanzee defeat Superman than Wonder Woman put a scratch on him.

Anyway, Batman and the olympians fancied her chances against Superman and she did have the striking power to knock him out, she didn't even use the lasso.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@csg_cl: I liked how Harley Quinn had so much spirit lol. I bet some people are in their corner crying at the outcome (no names needed).

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@klaus said:
    @csg_cl said:

Wait, did we see the same scans? Cause last thing I saw was WW breaking his arm. No Hal or Sinestro.

did you read this weeks issue?

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@csg_cl: I liked how Harley Quinn had so much spirit lol. I bet some people are in their corner crying at the outcome (no names needed).

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@csg_cl: LOL. I like how Wonder Woman is changing in Injustice. She used to be like a mistress to Superman but now she is becoming more tolerant and humble. I guess she is starting to see the true colors of things.

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Malachi_Munroe

She won? HOLY CRAP SHE WON!!

Klaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@csg_cl said:
    @klaus said:
    @csg_cl said:

did you read this weeks issue?

Ah I just read it. Yeah it changed my mind about the fight. After Superman really stopped holding back, Diana kinda stomped him. His HV was like nothing to her. Wow I am really happy now. And Hal said she was the one person who could stop him. And she almost did if not for Sinestro.

Klaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@klaus said:

Don't say Wonder Woman is too slow to keep up with Superman when just a few weeks ago Batman swallowed a pill and drew blood from him. Luckily Buccellato is fond of Wonder Woman, Tom Taylor would sooner have a juiced-up chimpanzee defeat Superman than Wonder Woman put a scratch on him.

Anyway, Batman and the olympians fancied her chances against Superman and she did have the striking power to knock him out, she didn't even use the lasso.

I didn't say WW is too slow to keep up with him. I just stated that it appeared in the beginning of the fight that he was faster and stronger. And that was only aimed at Injustice. I believe that New 52 WW is faster and as strong despite lack of lifting feats.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

#22  Edited By Saren

Oh, before the Superman brigade say this is non-canon, Injustice Universe is part of the DC multiverse as per Convergence.

That's not what people mean when they say canon, they're talking about Earth-0

It's like saying that time in Absolute Power where Superman snapped Diana's neck is canon because it happened somewhere in the multiverse, or hell, Red Son (also in Convergence), where Batman defeated Diana by being faster than her and then Superman solo'd Diana and all the Amazons at once. None of that is canon or has any bearing on a Superman vs Wonder Woman fight. Stuff is nice to read, sure, but if the entire multiverse is canon, everyone can throw around showings of medieval Batman stomping Flash or Trinity Bizarro crushing Wonder Woman.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

Herochat's fanboy rage is always funny though, there's that

GrandWonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By GrandWonder

@saren: Herochat's fanboy rage is always funny though, there's that

Yeah, tell me about it.

jphulk26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That's complete bs superman should beat her 10/10 times if he's actually trying

Also superman was holding back a lot even if he states he isnt , because if he truly wasn't holding back the planet would shakimg and it would probably break. Clark could one shot her if he wanted to

little hurt bro? ww smoked his pretty little ass, just like she woul 10 times out of 10. batman would smoke supes ass too.

PanthersRock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jphulk26: I'm not butthurt superman is maybe in my top 10 favorite characters but if superman is really not holding back Wonder women would be dead every time, and like saren said this isn't really canon so its not a big deal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@panthersrock: Superman was clearly trying to kill her and stated he wasn't going to hold back even against her. It was a fight to the death and I doubt Clark was just going to let Diana kill him. Superman appeared physically superior but Diana's combat skills gave her the edge.

jphulk26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By jphulk26

@panthersrock said:

@jphulk26: I'm not butthurt superman is maybe in my top 10 favorite characters but if superman is really not holding back Wonder women would be dead every time, and like saren said this isn't really canon so its not a big deal

Superman got humbled and violated by a girl, just like he would in real life. He went all out and just couldn´t handle his world getting rocked by The Amazon. He now has the singular distinction of getting his ass royally kicked by a little princess. Whoooo

By the way Superman is my favorite Superhero, and I still think WW would kick his ass.

PanthersRock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By PanthersRock

@jphulk26: I think your forgetting that this isn't the main universe its the injustice one and in the new 52 superman would obliterate her, hs feats are leaps and bounds beyond hers and she would barely stand a chance, not to mention in the main universe superman has already beat Diana while holding back

This is just one example

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/3/36657/1795221-superman_vs_wonder_woman.png

Superman easily grabs her in a choke hold and fly's her to the sun and could have killed her

Here's another

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11112/111120921/3228195-superman+feat+21.jpg

And another if you need more proof

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/6/64395/1226029-v22115.jpg

I get she's a better fighter but superman is to powerful for her and he's much faster she would be lucky to touch him if he's going all out

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He didn't obliterate her a couple of issues back in SM/WW. Seems like the SM fans are the only ones being butthurt. Sorry but she is a god now so we won't be seeing her getting fodderized by him anytime soon.

jphulk26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jphulk26: I think your forgetting that this isn't the main universe its the injustice one and in the new 52 superman would obliterate her, hs feats are leaps and bounds beyond hers and she would barely stand a chance, not to mention in the main universe superman has already beat Diana while holding back

I don´t care about New 52 Wonder Woman. Pre-52 Wonder Woman would beat her ass. Injustice WW is far more like pre-52. New 52 WW is a bumb. I have no interest in her feats and what she can or can´t do. Hell, even Lynda Carter WW would probably kick her ass. Added to that WW has beat a blood lusting Superman before, this was just more definitive.

PanthersRock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jphulk26: I just showed you scans of superman beating WW and even in pre 52 superman has won

jphulk26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jphulk26: I just showed you scans of superman beating WW and even in pre 52 superman has won

That´s because there well matched. lets be honest, these are drawings, either one could beat the other depending on the writers mood, I just love when Supes and WW do throw down, it´s always epic. Hert warrior skills and training vs supe´s raw power. One thing I don´t like is Supe´s fans dismissing her, when the fact is she´s more than powerful in strength alone to give Supe´s a run for his money, let alone the magical weapons, faster reflexes and warrior training.

PanthersRock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jphulk26: ok yes I see what your saying, I'm probably underestimating her a little bit and she could give superman a very good run for his money, I just feel that superman has too much raw power and hes not slouching in the skill department either, though WW is much better in skill its not enough to overcome the power and speed difference. Sorry if I came off as a butthurt fan I wasn't trying to

MPfly88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By MPfly88

As Wonder Woman fans all cream their jeans while saying "Yup yup, this is exactly how a 1:1 would and should go down", let's clear some things here.

Wonder Woman won the fight, pure and simple. So let's not take away that victory. However, those who are drawing the conclusion that this is how a fight would always go down between the two, you need to step back and pay a little attention to the story here.

Now, let's analyze the dialogue from Hal near the end of the fight:

"Willpower. As a former Green Lantern, it was the fuel that made me damn near the most powerful dude in the universe. I never really thought about where that inner strength came from. I put my life on the line over and over, and was willing to die for the right cause. But the thing is...it was my fear of dying that enabled me to overcome. I understand this as a Yellow Lantern, with a ring that is fueld by fear, now I'm actually attuned to fear in all living things. And I feel none in Superman. Even with his arm broken and battling the one person who could finish him...he is not afraid. That's bad. Clark has never had much to fear for himself, his humanity was always tied to his compassion and fear for other's well-being. But without Lois, he changed. He lost that fear. Now he may be beyond caring what happens to himself or anyone else that makes him capable of anything. And while that's a scary thought, right now I'm terrified that a Superman who isn't afraid to lose anything, will lose everything."

Can you read between the lines? Hell it was explained clear as day. Clark is a lot more dangerous and powerful when he has something to fight for. Hal notes Superman had NO FEAR of failing, failing the people he loved and the people of Earth. Which is......where Superman has always drawn his true strength and will from. Even when Bloodlusted or cutting loose, he's fighting for something dear to him. So we've got a Superman who's actually holding back and isn't afraid to lose, against a Wonder Woman who isn't holding back. It's no real shock that he lost.

Even in that regard let's not forget that in the Injustice video game, Superman was shown choking out Wonder Woman from the alternate timeline until she passed out, but was then saved by Green Lantern and Aquaman. Sure the fight happened off camera but we can draw to conclusion who won that particular fight.

So the bottom line is to please, (and this goes towards Wonder Woman fans celebrating, and Superman fans who are upset) understand the context of the story, and context in general.

Archizooom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mpfly88:"Let's not take away her victory".

You came here with the intent of doing that. We should all know by now that whenever Superman loses they pack an excuse or 10 or 12 to mitigate your pain. He's always holding back going as far as to imperil the world and everyone he loves because he wouldn't hit a woman (Faora).

MPfly88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By MPfly88

@mpfly88:"Let's not take away her victory".

You came here with the intent of doing that. We should all know by now that whenever Superman loses they pack an excuse or 10 or 12 to mitigate your pain. He's always holding back going as far as to imperil the world and everyone he loves because he wouldn't hit a woman (Faora).

I came here to discuss the new Wonder Woman images that came out from the Batman v Superman movie. Then I saw this thread and how people were reacting to it. Am I suppose to just join in and conform with the rest of you? Or am I allowed to address my thoughts on the issue? Because it's pretty clear as day what the intent of the narrative was in that fight. I'll give you a hint. It wasn't intended as a "Ooooh who would win in a fight? Superman or Wonder Woman?"

Even this guy who reviews Injustice knows what's up: https://www.fandompost.com/2015/07/02/injustice-gods-among-us-year-four-09-review/

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@csg_cl: I just love how people come to this board with the intent to take away from the character. If we went to Superman/Batman boards and derailed them then we would be the bad guys lol.

GrandWonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By GrandWonder

@somayareece: Yup. I wouldn't bother. Well, haters gotta hate and they must be crying in their sleep right now. Expect more posts like post no. 12. Karma. Serves them right. Hope they're scarred forever.

MPfly88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By MPfly88

@somayareece said:

@csg_cl: I just love how people come to this board with the intent to take away from the character. If we went to Superman/Batman boards and derailed them then we would be the bad guys lol.

Not taking away from the character, and none of what I'm saying is based on speculation. It's based on Hal's dialogue and the obvious, spelled out intent of the narrative. Stop acting like victims all the time.

Superman draws a lot of his strength and will to win a fight from his fear of failing his loved ones and the people of Earth. But he no longer has that fear, and isn't afraid of losing this fight. A fight that was suppose to be a fight to the death. Meanwhile Wonder Woman wasn't holding back. If you all wanna act like that didn't factor into this fight, then that says something about you, not me.

If you want to get csg_cl involved, go ahead. I'm not arguing with him/her because it's always an argument that goes nowhere.

GrandWonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman lost in a 1 on 1 fight. Period. No more excuses please.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@grandwonder: Exactly. If it was vice versa then it wouldn't even be up for debate. Since Wonder Woman won, they want to try to takeover this board with their rant of excuses.

GrandWonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@somayareece: Yeah, it's like some posters here only appear just to tick off people and act like a killjoy when they are proven wrong time and time again. You'll know them because of their dubious history and reputation. Always arguing against the obvious. But hey, don't let it bother us. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, even one full of malice.

MPfly88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman lost in a 1 on 1 fight.

Agreed.

No more excuses please.

You guys are the ones acting like this is some definitive fight between the two, when it's clear that it was more of a psychological battle. Nobody is talking about this fight on the Superman thread on CV or any thread on comicbookresources. On /co/ the actual fight itself was hardly discussed when the issue was shown, and the attention was given to Sinestro. Very few people are walking away from this issue going "Wow! So Wonder Woman is better than Supes huh?" Because they're smart enough to understand the context of that fight.

@agent41 said:
    @mpfly88 said:
    @somayareece said:

Not taking away from the character, and none of what I'm saying is based on speculation. It's based on Hal's dialogue and the obvious, spelled out intent of the narrative. Stop acting like victims.

Superman draws a lot of his strength and will to win a fight from his fear of failing his loved ones and the people of Earth. But he no longer has that fear, and isn't afraid of losing this fight. Meanwhile Wonder Woman wasn't holding back. If you all wanna act like that didn't factor into this fight, then that says something about you, not me.

If you want to get csg_cl involved, go ahead. I'm not arguing with him/her because it's always an argument that goes nowhere.

Meanwhile Superman was not holding back.

Except that narrative basically explained he was. Ssssoooo.....if you feel that way then don't know what to tell ya.

@agent41 said:
    @mpfly88 said:
    @somayareece said:

Not taking away from the character, and none of what I'm saying is based on speculation. It's based on Hal's dialogue and the obvious, spelled out intent of the narrative. Stop acting like victims.

Superman draws a lot of his strength and will to win a fight from his fear of failing his loved ones and the people of Earth. But he no longer has that fear, and isn't afraid of losing this fight. Meanwhile Wonder Woman wasn't holding back. If you all wanna act like that didn't factor into this fight, then that says something about you, not me.

And in all cannon fights she gave an all out Superman a run for his money.

No that's not true. League of One is canon, sorry. And let's not get into what's canon anyway, after Convergence happened. It's just moot.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@somayareece: Yeah, it's like some posters here only appear just to tick off people and act like a killjoy when they are proven wrong time and time again. You'll know them because of their dubious history and reputation. Always arguing against the obvious. But hey, don't let it bother us. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, even one full of malice.

Agreed. We can celebrate Wonder Woman's victory while they cry about it.

MPfly88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By MPfly88

@agent41 said:

@mpfly88: SM said he wasn't holding back.

Hal's a Yellow Lantern. He sensed no fear in Superman. Fear of losing and what it means for Earth and his loved ones is what makes Superman fight at his best. Clark said he wasn't holding back. But Hal, who can sense fear, explains that's not the case. I swear to god a 5 year old can figure this out.

@agent41 said:

@mpfly88: And League Of One was not an all out ofight between them. So get your facts right. Your excuses mean nothing. Everytime WW and SM fight on cannon continuity she is capable of going toe to toe with him.

She started hitting him, he hit back, then she said she couldn't beat him in a straight fight. Mind you this was not a Superman brainwashed into thinking he's fighting some brute who's a completely different style fighter from Wonder Woman. This was a clear headed Supes. If she wanted to take out Clark like she did the rest, she would have to fight him in an all out brawl, and what she says to him is her admitting she can't beat him in a true fight. Which meant two things. Either she can't beat Superman in a real straight out fight. No psychological barriers or mind control attached. Or she knows she could stand a chance of beating him, but she's smart enough to know it's pretty likely she could end up losing losing.

The writer's intent was probably the former, but I lean more towards the latter.

@somayareece said:
    @grandwonder said:

Agreed. We can celebrate Wonder Woman's victory while they cry about it.

You say things like that, but then play the victim when we call you out on it.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.