Follow

Wonder Woman

Character » Wonder Woman appears in 8805 issues.

The Amazon princess, blessed with god-like super abilities, Wonder Woman is one of Earth's most powerful defenders of peace, justice, and equality and a member of the Justice League. She is considered an archetype for many heroines outside of comic book. Her initial origin depicted her as a clay baby brought to life by patron goddess Aphrodite, but in recent years she has been depicted as the daughter of Zeus and Amazon queen Hippolyta.

Speculative Artemis Casting

RayRay1127

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

So I have NO idea if Artemis makes a cameo in the new WW film or if there are plans for her cinematic counterpart down the line, but I wanted to see who you guys envision in the roll. I've heard names like Ronda Rowsey thrown about, which, if she can act, I can see... But having trouble coming up with some other names for our favorite fierce ginger amazon... Whaddya guys think?

Avatar image for darkdetective27
    darkdetective27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 69

User Lists: 10

Im bad at fan castings, so Im going to go off the IMDb cast list and speculate Elena Anaya could be playing Artemis.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#3 dernman  Online

Im bad at fan castings, so Im going to go off the IMDb cast list and speculate Elena Anaya could be playing Artemis.

Love the actress even though most of her work is in a language i don't understand. Still I don't see her as Artemis. Even if she changed her hair color she doesn't give off that ginger vibe.

darkdetective27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman: I thought she looked good as a redhead in Van Helsing.

RayRay1127

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Been pouring over ginger actresses and SO MANY of them look so.... delicate! But how do you guys feel about Amanda Righetti? Or Deb Wohl from True Blood...? OR if they make her more of a contemporary of Hippolyta and Antiope, maybe Kate Walsh or Gillian Anderson?

darkdetective27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#7 dernman  Online

@dernman: I thought she looked good as a redhead in Van Helsing.

Ok having looked it up to remind myself she didn't look as bad as I thought.

RayRay1127

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman:

I just looked her up as well and yea, I can definitely see it! Also, in real life she's a lesbian and I'm ALL for more ladies who love ladies landing fierce, sexy parts!

RayRay1127

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By RayRay1127

Just refreshed myself on the cast list and... I have this feeling, not sure why, that Ms. Anaya will be playing a villain... Dunno why...

But I do think she'd be good as Artemis...

Avatar image for deactivated-59dfd33ed3601
    deactivated-59dfd33ed3601

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maybe Christina Hendricks? She looks more like Artemis than Wonder Woman anyways. We wouldn't want Artemis outshining Wonder Woman in the acting department though.

judasnixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Idris Elba..... With a red wig.

RayRay1127

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@somayareece:

No fear of that, Gal is doing just peachy! But I couldn't see Christina Hendricks as Artemis anyhow.... She's too soft and sexy. I picture Artemis more tough and with an athletic build.

Super-Wonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

A few years back, Fan casting was throwing Bridget Regan's name around for the role of Wonder Woman but she's been known to sport a ginger do every once and again and she was awesome as Dottie on Agent Carter

No Caption Provided

Here she is with her Wonder Woman smile.

RayRay1127

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@super-wonder:

I could see her as Artemis... Not Diana though... I've never pictured WW as such an overtly white lady. She IS quite beautiful though. And the red pic makes me think of an undercover Artemis.

Super-Wonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rayray1127: Yeah, I think that Wonder Woman should have a more Mediterranean aesthetic to her, a sunbathed tone.

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

A few years back, Fan casting was throwing Bridget Regan's name around for the role of Wonder Woman but she's been known to sport a ginger do every once and again and she was awesome as Dottie on Agent Carter

No Caption Provided

Here she is with her Wonder Woman smile.

I like this! I loved Agent Carter so I'm sad that it's not being renewed :(

Super-Wonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@csg_cl: Not to derail the thread, but I think that the demise of Agent Carter had something to do with the fact that there was no discernable thread to the rest of the Marvel Universe. Nothing that happened in that show was addressed in Agents of Shield. A minimal ripple might have made her adventures more impactful the over all Marvel aesthetic, but it was just throw away adventures, perhaps we could have seen the early formation of Shield.

Anyway, Bridget Regan is very entertaining and if no one here has seen Legend of The Seeker you should check it out Bridget Regan plays a character that is very much along the lines of a Warrior Wonder Woman.

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@super-wonder: yeah, seems likely that this played a role ... It had decent, but not great, ratings but there seemed to be a lack of enthusiasm in exploring the role of Carter in the MCU ... It was basically a spin off that happened because Haley Atwell was so well received in CA and I think Marvel wanted to keep her around for a bit.

RayRay1127

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am gonna miss Agent Carter, that was my favorite Marvel show, followed by Agents of Shield and Jessica Jones.

Super-Wonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah I loved the Agent Carter show and I'm in love with Haley Atwell!

Poppy Montgomery anyone?

No Caption Provided

RayRay1127

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@super-wonder:

WOW, good one! Never heard of her, but she DOES have the look!

Archizooom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can't think of anyone better off the top of my head, Ronda Rousey fits the criteria to a tee. Bear in mind we're talking about a small supporting role here, 5 to 10 lines of dialogue at most and a fight scene, it's right in her wheelhouse. Gina Carano did pretty well in Deadpool and under a good director so could Ronda Rousey. In fact WB cast a little-known martial artist as Orana, the bronze age counterpart of Artemis.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.