Follow

Wonder Woman

Character » Wonder Woman appears in 8719 issues.

The Amazon princess, blessed with god-like super abilities, Wonder Woman is one of Earth's most powerful defenders of peace, justice, and equality and a member of the Justice League. She is considered an archetype for many heroines outside of comic book. Her initial origin depicted her as a clay baby brought to life by patron goddess Aphrodite, but in recent years she has been depicted as the daughter of Zeus and Amazon queen Hippolyta.

Some surprising stuff here.

Jogga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Archizooom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah I read this over the weekend on Bleeding Cool and some guys over there were more concerned with picking holes in the article 'yeah but isn't Meredith a woman or like there's something we dunno bout David'. Anyway, anyone willing to commit career suicide to report the truth has my utmost respect, she's ballsy. That said, her sensation comics story was so-so.

Archizooom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As for Wonder Woman being part of the Superman office, that explains a lot.

Avatar image for deactivated-599b4bc7465db
    deactivated-599b4bc7465db

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

yeah i read this some days ago and its really sad

Avatar image for darknightspideyfanboy
    darknightspideyfanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm in the wait and see camp.Also need more proof

dshipp17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6  Edited By dshipp17

Simply put, Sensation Comics failed, because it was not putting out good Wonder Woman material; it didn't distinguish itself that well from the main title; there were a number of issues where it looked like someone under 12 was the artist. Based on the bland stories, it looks like the dictates of feminists might have had a stronghold on the comic, so, if it gets to that state, where a writer is too scared to tell a story for fear of offending a feminist, than it's good it fell; why do feminists get priority over the male audience that may want to see some BDSM action, nudity, and Dr. Psycho? There was a male Latino writer who had a story that I would have liked about a year ago that never reached print, apparently replaced by that story where it looked like someone under 12 drew the issue. In this past issue, apparently showing a little shower nudity was too much; it's getting ridiculous; main problem, apparently no upcoming plans for Dr. Psycho; it has to crash and burn so that hopefully it can get under the pin of someone like Toshio Maeda, and where they know that they should use Dr. Psycho.

Enzo991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Enzo991

@dshipp17: Just out of curiosity, are you the same guy who said a romance between WW and Dr. Psycho would be good ? Just asking because I'm pretty sure I read something like that a while ago...

RDClip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I find it sad that I am not shocked that there are still sexual harassing douchbags still working in high positions in comics. DC and Marvel try so hard to put on the facade of inclusive and accepting of everyone, but they still continue to employ people like that like it's the 70's. Scott Lobdell still having a premiere job like writing Superman after forcibly groping a woman onstage at some convention is the most obvious example.

dshipp17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@enzo991 said:

@dshipp17: Just out of curiosity, are you the same guy who said a romance between WW and Dr. Psycho would be good ? Just asking because I'm pretty sure I read something like that a while ago...

Yes, a romantic affair between Dr. Psycho and Wonder Woman would be creative and orgasmic.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dshipp17 said:
    @enzo991 said:

Yes, a romantic affair between Dr. Psycho and Wonder Woman would be creative and orgasmic.

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for deactivated-59dfd33ed3601
    deactivated-59dfd33ed3601

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dshipp17 said:
    @enzo991 said:

No Caption Provided

I don't know whether I should laugh or be mad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@willienotwilliam said:
    @dshipp17 said:
    @enzo991 said:

No Caption Provided

I don't know whether I should laugh or be mad

at this point im just disturbed by their interest

Avatar image for deactivated-59dfd33ed3601
    deactivated-59dfd33ed3601

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Klaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Who is the person who wrote the article? I looked but saw no name? Was it Gail Simone?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.