Follow

Wonder Woman

Character » Wonder Woman appears in 8805 issues.

The Amazon princess, blessed with god-like super abilities, Wonder Woman is one of Earth's most powerful defenders of peace, justice, and equality and a member of the Justice League. She is considered an archetype for many heroines outside of comic book. Her initial origin depicted her as a clay baby brought to life by patron goddess Aphrodite, but in recent years she has been depicted as the daughter of Zeus and Amazon queen Hippolyta.

Should her Post-Crisis feats be allowed for New 52?

ZhuRong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

New 52 Wonder Woman seems heavily nerfed and I feel like im being trolled when I read her comics. I wonder why writers won't just refer to some attributes of her Post-Crisis incarnation. What do you guys think?

Hawk80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Because nothing Pre52 is canon anymore.

ZhuRong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hawk80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I thought we were talking about WW...

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zhurong said:

New 52 Wonder Woman seems heavily nerfed and I feel like im being trolled when I read her comics. I wonder why writers won't just refer to some attributes of her Post-Crisis incarnation. What do you guys think?

Azzarello has stated that other than the obvious changes to her origin, he didn't change her history ... I'm not sure that she's particularly nerfed in N52, in fact some posters around have started to complain that she's overpowered now.

ZhuRong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawk80: But I was saying that their feats counts so why not WW?

ZhuRong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@csg_cl: She doesn't seem overpowered to me. She got her arm broke by Doomsday while Superman killed him easily and has been stated to be slower than Mongul.

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zhurong said:

@csg_cl: She doesn't seem overpowered to me. She got her arm broke by Doomsday while Superman killed him easily and has been stated to be slower than Mongul.

yet she easily closed the dimensional rift that Mongul could not. Also, she's gotten more powerful (i.e. become the God of War) since her first encounter with DD and I'm 99% certain when SM tore him in two that was part of Brainiac's plan to infect SM with the Doomsday "virus". She managed Zod and Faora much better than SM did and now has a seemingly unlimited supply of weapons (including energy based) at her disposal through the bracelets. Don't get me wrong, I don't think she's OP at all ... but I don't think she's particularly nerfed simply because Azzarello doesn't write a ton of feats into her solo book.

In JL and her other regular appearance comics we've seen her carry an airliner, lift an aircraft carrier with SM and use it to block a tidal wave, she's kicked SG's butt as well as fought Mongul, Zod and Faora with no real damage being done ... Shatter GLs constructs, fought off Brainiac based mental assaults and ripped Metallo apart, not to mention she's taken down Super Doom a couple of times too ... I'm sure there are more, but aside from losing fights to the gods Apollo and FB in her solo book she's had a pretty decent showing IMO.

ZhuRong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@csg_cl: But people never take those feats into consideration on the battle forums. Apparently since she not pushing or blowing up planets, people seems to think she can't take on powerhouses like Hulk and Thor.

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zhurong said:

@csg_cl: But people never take those feats into consideration on the battle forums. Apparently since she not pushing or blowing up planets, people seems to think she can't take on powerhouses like Hulk and Thor.

that's why the battle forums are ridiculous :)

ArchiZoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zhurong: Most comic book readers don't know Wonder Woman beyond what they see in Justice League, popular novels and guest appearances and in those Wonder Woman is invariably portrayed as a Superman supporting character, she's trashed rather easily by individuals that Superman then handles with relative ease so Wonder Woman has regretfully built a reputation for being a loser.

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zhurong: Most comic book readers don't know Wonder Woman beyond what they see in Justice League, popular novels and guest appearances and in those Wonder Woman is invariably portrayed as a Superman supporting character, she's trashed rather easily by individuals that Superman then handles with relative ease so Wonder Woman has regretfully built a reputation for being a loser.

actually the vast majority of people know WW out of the comic book context altogether. They see the feminist icon and little else ... a huge majority of people will know who she is and that she is a symbol for women's and overall equal rights, but couldn't tell you the first thing about her powers or who she's fought in a comic book. For most people she's the ultimate symbol of a winner ... regardless of her "win loss" record.

Bruxae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I feel like most high powered characters have been nerfed a bit. Of course Superman has some crazy feats like benching the weight of the earth, but in actual action he is seen struggling with alot smaller things.

Wonder Woman really needs more feat displays though, Azz isn't writing much action scenes and the few that are is typically really short.

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bruxae said:

I feel like most high powered characters have been nerfed a bit. Of course Superman has some crazy feats like benching the weight of the earth, but in actual action he is seen struggling with alot smaller things.

Wonder Woman really needs more feat displays though, Azz isn't writing much action scenes and the few that are is typically really short.

I suspect we'll see a lot more of these types of things once the Finch team takes over.

Bruxae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@csg_cl: Sadly I don't know anything about Finch so I can't comment, I trust you on that though. That would suck, really been hoping for WW to pull of some real high powered feats to put her on more equal terms with some other heroes, like she does in Superman/Wonder Woman.

So far the best she's done in her own comic is hold up a space ship and she looked like she was struggling -alot- .

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bruxae said:

@csg_cl: Sadly I don't know anything about Finch so I can't comment, I trust you on that though. That would suck, really been hoping for WW to pull of some real high powered feats to put her on more equal terms with some other heroes, like she does in Superman/Wonder Woman.

So far the best she's done in her own comic is hold up a space ship and she looked like she was struggling -alot- .

I'm not a huge one for caring about feats, unless they are there to drive the story I don't really find them all that interesting. But to be fair SM struggles with stuff a lot too ... what's the point of a feat if there's no drama to it? It's why the "bench 5x the earth" was stupid IMO. Meredith Finch is a new writer so I suspect we'll see more action than drama in her first few storylines which will likely bring more feats.

ArchiZoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@csg_cl: I mentioned the comic book readership, not the citizenry of America and Canada.

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@csg_cl: I mentioned the comic book readership, not the citizenry of America and Canada.

I didn't say otherwise, just saying the vast majority of her fans are not comic readers at all.

judasnixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

No Caption Provided

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have other idea

It's not because wonder woman lack feats

it's just her true level for show us

No matter what is pre-crisis,post-crisis,or new 52,she always keep that level(lower than planet level)

She best feats only move earth but need help to do that,she never do that by herself

So,even you make post feats allowed new 52,that not change

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

@zhurong said:

Because those people don't get that doing either of those things aren't really in Diana's or her enemies character even if they can.

Put it like this. Superman and Thor attract alien invaders that really don't give a hoot about Earth or most other worlds or what's on it, so they have no compunction about trying to break it apart. Those of Diana's enemies that could pull it off are Earth-based gods who have a vested interest in the Earth, so they aren't going to blow it up or send it floating off into space out of spite. For the sake of arguing, you could just say that Diana just for some reason hasn't attracted the kind of individuals Superman and Thor does.

ZhuRong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pre-Crisis is strong enough to pull planets. She was roughly just below Superman (who pulled a chain of planets).

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zhurong: I dont know who tell you that

But it's just wrong,Pre-crisis wonder woman never have that strong or pull planets feat in panel

Wonder woman best strength feat(Pre-crisis,Pre-52.New 52)Only move earth ,but still need help by superman and MM

Superman always god-like powerful,like sneeze destroy solar system(Pre-crisis),hold a black hole in his hands(Pre-52)Push the ship which ten time bigger than earth(New 52)

ZhuRong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@powerwoman: Pre-Crisis Wonder Woman is far stronger than Pre-52 Wonder Woman. She pushed islands with one hand, she pulled the Sun, and she matched Earth-2 Superman in a fight. Pre-52 does not have the best strength feats.

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zhurong: She pushed islands,right

She pulled the sun,wrong

You need read it by yourself,because it's just a cover,not real story

She fight with E2 superman isnt mean she can do what feats,

First,E2 superman isnt have sneeze destroy solar system or withstand big bang or faster than infinity feats,In fact,we don't even know how powerful is E2 superman(Turbulent history)

Two,E2 wonder woman is weaker than Pre-52 wonder woman,because E2 wonder woman best strength feat only move moon

ZhuRong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@powerwoman: Earth-2 Superman (Bronze Age) is one of his strongest incarnations (stronger than Pre 52 and New 52 Superman). Do you actually think Pre-52 WW is stronger Pre-Crisis WW?

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zhurong: E2 superman is E2 superman,wonder woman is wonder woman,Drax destroy a star by his hands,but she hulk is a LOT of stronger than him,so that mean she hulk can destroy star too?

Feat isnt applicable to the ABC's logic,also,Pre-52 wonder woman move earth even need help to do that,it's much better than Pre-crisis wonder woman,who only move moon,pulled the sun just cover,not story

ZhuRong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@powerwoman: Technically, Superman have admitted that Brutaal is superior to him. Wonder Woman doesn't have the same ridiculous feats from decades ago. Wasn't that Classic Drax? Current Drax isn't nowhere near powerful like he used to be . Invisible Woman beat Thor so I don't see what point you're trying to prove. Strength isn't everything in a fight. I'm not trying to use ABC logic.

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zhurong: Well,I just tell you which wonder woman is more stronger,Pre-crisis wonder woman isnt stronger than Pre-52 wonder woman by feats

And wonder woman never close to planet level in her history,more like moon-level,of course,superman in his top level should be universe level,they are always in the different level

Pre-crisis superman:Sneeze destroy solar system

Wonder woman.....Eh,.move a moon

Post-crisis superman hold a black hole/destroy planet with his hands

Wonder woman.....help superman pull earth

New 52 superman....

Everyone know,New 52 wonder woman is most weakest

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@agent41 said:

@powerwoman said:

@agent41: Really?scan?

she has taken full powered attacks from Ares,Zeus,Nekron,Amazo with the combine powers of Superman and Green Lantern,etc.

So,that isnt really planet buster just ABC logic?

I think it's a planet get destroyed or something

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.