Follow

Wonder Woman

Character » Wonder Woman appears in 8805 issues.

The Amazon princess, blessed with god-like super abilities, Wonder Woman is one of Earth's most powerful defenders of peace, justice, and equality and a member of the Justice League. She is considered an archetype for many heroines outside of comic book. Her initial origin depicted her as a clay baby brought to life by patron goddess Aphrodite, but in recent years she has been depicted as the daughter of Zeus and Amazon queen Hippolyta.

Relationship Goals

Avatar image for deactivated-59dfd33ed3601
    deactivated-59dfd33ed3601

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Superman and Wonder Woman were literally made for each other but unfortunately they're being written as jackasses. They were to suppose to be the power couple of comics but it didn't take long for DC to screw that up. I don't know what is worse between their ongoing troubled relationship or Nikki Bella's dull divas title reign. The last part was off topic but anybody that watches WWE knows it was lackluster.

birdman400

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lmaaooooooo omg , nicki bella is terrible fam

dshipp17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By dshipp17

The Superman/Wonder Woman relationship was a very bad idea at the start, because it was simply going to be very bland; actually, writing them as "jackasses" is intended to bring some excitement to this bad idea, but, it isn't working, since the relationship is in a bland sinkhole. The reason being is practically every relationship in fiction and media has this perfect looking man with the perfect looking woman angle; the same would have been true if Wonder Woman were pared with Steve Trevor or Batman, it's not a Superman thing; plus, the thing with Superman is that he already had an angle with Lois and Lana for decades, and understandably, Superman fans didn't appreciate the abrupt change for Superman; it really made Wonder Woman a victim as the odd character out in the Superman mythos.

Wonder Woman is Dr. Psycho's woman, or someone similar; Rucka had a half good idea in putting Ferdinand there as at least a close friend of Wonder Woman, but, Dr. Psycho was prominent in his run at one point, also; DC should have consulted Rucka in terms of bringing Wonder Woman into a ground breaking relationship, provided he still had the Ferdinand and Dr. Psycho mindset; however, I prefer the significant other to be human, so, I'd far prefer Dr. Psycho to Ferdinand, but, that was easily fixed by making Ferdinand a human fan with issues with his looks.

jphulk26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By jphulk26

Superman and Wonder Woman were made for eachother as much as Batman and Superman were. Or Wonder Woman and Martian Manhunter. It´s the dumbest crap ever.

RevivalMH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm actually pro SM/WW relationship. I think its an obvious choice as of course they would have a connection due to both being god-like beings working so close together all the time. However, I would have made the series a romance story or a slice of life type story as compared to what it is, a team up book. DC had a chance to do something tonally different from the rest of their books but they chose to go the easy way out. Plus its been so tied to their personal books that it would be almost impossible to follow along if you were only reading this title expecting a contained story.

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman and Wonder Woman were literally made for each other but unfortunately they're being written as jackasses. They were to suppose to be the power couple of comics but it didn't take long for DC to screw that up. I don't know what is worse between their ongoing troubled relationship or Nikki Bella's dull divas title reign. The last part was off topic but anybody that watches WWE knows it was lackluster.

Not sure where you are getting the idea that SM and WW were made for each other, that's not at all the case, but I don't disagree that their current situation is wretched across the board. Too much angst too little teamwork ... at this point I'm rooting for a breakup despite not disliking the concept of them as a couple.

Avatar image for darkdetective27
    darkdetective27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 69

User Lists: 10

#7  Edited By darkdetective27

Hopefully they breakup in the future so Superman and Lois get back together. Superman and Wonder Woman is so predictable that its a mismatch. They need regular people in their lives to help ground them.

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hopefully they breakup in the future so Superman and Lois get back together. Superman and Wonder Woman is so predictable that its a mismatch. They need regular people in their lives to help ground them.

I don't know that I agree with this. It made more sense back in the old days when WW had a secret identity and needed Steve to help create a sense of drama/danger by being captured, but in today's comic world Lois and Steve don't really ground Clark and Diana so much as create dramatic layers and weird love triangle like subplots. All 4 characters deserve better IMO.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.