Follow

Wonder Woman

Character » Wonder Woman appears in 8808 issues.

The Amazon princess, blessed with god-like super abilities, Wonder Woman is one of Earth's most powerful defenders of peace, justice, and equality and a member of the Justice League. She is considered an archetype for many heroines outside of comic book. Her initial origin depicted her as a clay baby brought to life by patron goddess Aphrodite, but in recent years she has been depicted as the daughter of Zeus and Amazon queen Hippolyta.

Question about Rebirth.

TheKinfing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

So I heard that Rebirth retconned all of the New 52 Wonder Woman appareances, and that now she is back to her ''classic'' self with being made from Clay and all of that, and that appareantly she's now the same as Post-Crisis Wonder Woman and that in a flashback you even saw the fight between she and Superman during Sacrifice, so does this mean that everything that New 52 Wonder Woman did was retconned? And more importantly, does New 52 Superman gets the sacrifice striking feat?

ZariusII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Diana's personal New 52 history still happened, it's just she's realised her memories of N52 Themyscira and it's history were deceptions by other forces, which has driven her mad for the time being. Her relationship with Superman happened also, although she's come to realize that it was just an easy fling to keep her mind off a committed romance with Steve

Avatar image for scorpio_cassadine
    SCORPIO_CASSADINE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@agent41 said:
    @zariusii said:

Diana's personal New 52 history still happened, it's just she's realised her memories of N52 Themyscira and it's history were deceptions by other forces, which has driven her mad for the time being. Her relationship with Superman happened also, although she's come to realize that it was just an easy fling to keep her mind off a committed romance with Steve

But do these flashbacks mean that the events of Post Crisis Diana also happened and are acknowledged in Rebirth?.

Yes, there are also other post-Crisis flashbacks which implies that everything was altered for the New 52 but post-Crisis still happened. Unlike Superman however they're aren't two distinct Wonder Women for each timeline. There may not really be two distinct Supermen either, we have to wait and see. It's been theorized that Superdad and Nuperman are offshoots of the same Supes, like Superman Red and Superman Blue and they'll be merged again eventually.

Avatar image for itouchedtheboat
    ITouchedTheBoat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zariusii said:

damn, for real? I liked the relationship between Superman and WW more than WW and Steve :(

Cant lie, I'm a little upset to hear this...

ZariusII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By ZariusII

Yeah, Dina confessed to Steve that she was pretty useless at romance, and Superman made it easier for her because she didn't have to worry about his needs because he was so powerful, but she had come to accept Steve was always going to do whatever it takes for her, and opted to give a romance wih him a good shot.

N52 Superman presently being dead and the current Superman being married to Lois didn't exactly help either, and then Diana quickly realised Clarks's true love was Lois in other Rebirth issues (specifically Action Comics and Trinity)

I never liked Supes/Diana as a couple, and much preferred them as friends, so it pleased me greatly that she's moved on from him (though if you like them together, watch the new JL Action cartoon where they're presently dating)

JoaoPedroGomes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@agent41 said:
    @zariusii said:

But do these flashbacks mean that the events of Post Crisis Diana also happened and are acknowledged in Rebirth?.

I'm not so sure. If Diana never returned to Themyscira, which was stated in The Lies, how are we supposed to face all the interactions with the island she had post crisis? Because there were plenty of them that happend during the 10 years (comic book time) she spent living out of home.

I'd say only her adventures on our world are true, just like the new 52 and her relation with Superman opposed to daughter of Zeus/fake Themyscira, but.... I don't know. Some stories connected our world and her island so closely. That would be almost impossible.

So I'm curious. But it will all probably be answered in issue 14, coming out on wednesday, so there's not a long time to wait.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.