Follow

Wonder Woman

Character » Wonder Woman appears in 8808 issues.

The Amazon princess, blessed with god-like super abilities, Wonder Woman is one of Earth's most powerful defenders of peace, justice, and equality and a member of the Justice League. She is considered an archetype for many heroines outside of comic book. Her initial origin depicted her as a clay baby brought to life by patron goddess Aphrodite, but in recent years she has been depicted as the daughter of Zeus and Amazon queen Hippolyta.

NYC Premiere BvsS Reactions

GrandWonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Wonder Woman won! Wonder Woman stole the show! Yadda yadda yakity yak.

Hooray for the only ICONIC female superhero ever!

Avatar image for deactivated-599b4bc7465db
    deactivated-599b4bc7465db

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

well i wouldnt say shes the only but definitely the most and im happy about it as well

starrware

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By starrware

I always had hope for my girl.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bbee326da7b7
    deactivated-5bbee326da7b7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GrandWonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ajax1998: No. But I've read that WW's entrance is the most applauded sceneI'm really excited. This is the only DC movie that I really want to see because of WW. I hate Zack Snyder snorefest movies. I'm more of a fan of Whedon and the Marvel movies. I would love to watch this with a friend who will WAKE ME UP DURING ANY FIGHTING SCENES ESPECIALLY WW ONES. Hate Warner and the Batty films. Wish WW was a Marvel property.

GrandWonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By GrandWonder

@ready_4_madness: Storm is not recognized worldwide. People will ask who's that or they simply don't care and wouldn't bother. Wonder Woman is easily recognizable like America's Coca Cola and Mc Donald's.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f
    deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

@grandwonder: Aquaman and Wonder Woman are the reason why i will watch the movie. If it was just Batman and Superman, i would skipped without thinking.

Avatar image for deactivated-59dfd33ed3601
    deactivated-59dfd33ed3601

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is it bad that I didn't know Aquaman was in?

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

I think she won the show, the same way Quicksilver stole the show in DOFP. I'm glad she made a believer out of people though.

Archizooom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Archizooom

People said the same about Faora in Man of Steel so I'll believe it when I see it. I'm not taken with that Bond-inspired scene with Affleck, hopefully the fight sequence is better, that's Snyder's forte I'm sure it's impressive, the question is how strong is Wonder Woman without her weapons

GrandWonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By GrandWonder

@vitalius: My thoughts exactly. If it's just a Batman batty movie,I would still watch it but I'm going to make sure it will not earn a single cent from me. I'm going to watch it borrowing a copy of the film.

Marvel will have a Black Widow movie, Black Panther and more Marvel insignificant and unkown character movies and it's a near-guarantee, you will have your money's worth compared to a gazillion Batty batties which made a security guard wake me up because they are clearing the theater for the next showing.

Even their Guardians of the Galaxy with it's corny title made me enjoy going to cinemas again.

GrandWonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By GrandWonder

@archizooom:

Oh God please no! Please don't let the praises be only because IT'S THE FIRST TIME THEY SAW WW ON THE BIG SCREEN.

Faora didn't do anything Oscar-worthy. I do like that ok fight scene. People noticed her because she's so SPECTACULARLY BEAUTIFUL. Nothing more. I really hope this is not what the praises are all about: JUST Wonder Woman's first appearance. Not that I find Gal beautiful which I'm really having a hard time convincing myself that she is. Blechhh.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You guys are so negative and please let's not start some Marvel vs DC crap this is a wonder woman forum let's keep it that way

Avatar image for linsanel_doctor
    linsanel_Doctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@linsanel_doctor: probably but I don't even want to talk about the MCU or its fans. Bvs is out in a few days and Diana is making her big screen debut and we get to see how they handle her. I'm really curious about that and liked some of the dialogue

Avatar image for deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f
    deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

GrandWonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vitalius: There are talks but knowing Marvel, they would give it a go.

kiba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@grandwonder: @vitalius: there were talks since Avengers but nothing came of that. If it hasn't happened yet I doubt it will. Marvel seems to be pushing MS marvel/ captain marvel /warbird/ binary/ Carol Danvers/ I don't care over any other female characters. That's why Carol is confirmed for a solo movie but not Natasha.

TheExile285

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 4

@somayareece: Nope. I'd be shocked if he's in the movie more than 5 minutes.

Anyway, I'm glad reaction towards Gadot's performance has been mostly positive. I hope DC really pushes the Wonder Woman movie.

Avatar image for linsanel_doctor
    linsanel_Doctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By linsanel_Doctor

RIP DCEU...

Avatar image for scorpio_cassadine
    SCORPIO_CASSADINE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It think the DCEU is going to backfire. They're going about it all wrong. DC seems to be embarrassed by their properties and willing to change anything and everything about them, to make them acceptable to the masses. These are the oldest and most established characters in all of comics, because they're iconic. There's too many cooks in the kitchen and all the extra ingredients are messing up the recipe.

Avatar image for deactivated-59dfd33ed3601
    deactivated-59dfd33ed3601

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The MCU fans couldn't wait to come take a dump on this thread, eh?

Saint_Sophie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I seriously doubt on a world wide scale Wonder Woman's level of recognition is on par with Coca Cola and McDonald's.

I'll be the judge myself if Gal actually did good.

It think the DCEU is going to backfire. They're going about it all wrong. DC seems to be embarrassed by their properties and willing to change anything and everything about them, to make them acceptable to the masses. These are the oldest and most established characters in all of comics, because they're iconic. There's too many cooks in the kitchen and all the extra ingredients are messing up the recipe.

I partially agree with this. But hey, who knows..

xoxo, -Saint Sophie

Saint_Sophie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kiba said:

@grandwonder: @vitalius: there were talks since Avengers but nothing came of that. If it hasn't happened yet I doubt it will. Marvel seems to be pushing MS marvel/ captain marvel /warbird/ binary/ Carol Danvers/ I don't care over any other female characters. That's why Carol is confirmed for a solo movie but not Natasha.

Sorry for the double post, but they're trying hard to make Carol happen.

xoxo, -Saint Sophie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scorpio_cassadine: we've only seen one dceu movie so far and it was both faithful to the character and tread new ground which it should because its an adaptation and adaptation don't need to be 100% faithful in the sense that they basically mimic the comics (or cartoons because lbr that's what most people who even say bad things about it not being faithful mean since they rarely read comics). Even then the comic book versions, while holding general themes and whatnot, have been everywhere for the past seventy years and unless you think one particular version of the character is "the right one" then you'd have a hard time arguing that anything in mos and prob bvs isn't faithful to the comics

Saint_Sophie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@agent41 said:

@saint_sophie: Wonder Woman's level of recognotion on a worldwide scale is far bigger than storm's, that's for sure.

Obviously.. but I didn't mention Storm.

xoxo, -Saint Sophie

Avatar image for scorpio_cassadine
    SCORPIO_CASSADINE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scorpio_cassadine: we've only seen one dceu movie so far and it was both faithful to the character and tread new ground which it should because its an adaptation and adaptation don't need to be 100% faithful in the sense that they basically mimic the comics (or cartoons because lbr that's what most people who even say bad things about it not being faithful mean since they rarely read comics). Even then the comic book versions, while holding general themes and whatnot, have been everywhere for the past seventy years and unless you think one particular version of the character is "the right one" then you'd have a hard time arguing that anything in mos and prob bvs isn't faithful to the comics

So I'm watching "Thor: The Dark World" today and it dawned on me that nothing I've seen in the trailers and other promotion for BvS is anything you couldn't already get from Sif. The whole badass female warrior thing has been done to death and that's not all Wonder Woman is, but the producers for BvS don't seem to realize that.

AkshSarpanch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just watch this movie. I have posted my non spoiler review. And tbh, it was awesome.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scorpio_cassadine: well I haven't seen bvs so idk how they handle her and I'm not gonna fully judge until I do

Nothing so far that we've seen seems bad tbh

Kairan1979

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 18

I agree that the writer did her character a justice. We see both Diana Prince (Bond girl of BvS universe) and the warrior woman that can fight Doomsday and look believable.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

she was cool and a lot of fun

modernww2fare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

She was badass.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.