Follow

Wonder Woman

Character » Wonder Woman appears in 8807 issues.

The Amazon princess, blessed with god-like super abilities, Wonder Woman is one of Earth's most powerful defenders of peace, justice, and equality and a member of the Justice League. She is considered an archetype for many heroines outside of comic book. Her initial origin depicted her as a clay baby brought to life by patron goddess Aphrodite, but in recent years she has been depicted as the daughter of Zeus and Amazon queen Hippolyta.

NEW photo of Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman, NO FILTER!

Archizooom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

No Caption Provided

Agent_Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This actually looks good.

goonage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

Looks good. Although I still can't get over the heels.

kcomicfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By kcomicfan

Wow, she looks badass

Avatar image for deactivated-59dfd33ed3601
    deactivated-59dfd33ed3601

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Would have been spot on if she had the blue eyes but this is pretty impressive. The tiara could of been done better though.

Archizooom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Would have been spot on if she had the blue eyes but this is pretty impressive. The tiara could of been done better though.

The tiara's design ain't very good to begin with and whoever made this photomontage made it from low resolution pictures taken from the internet less than 1000px wide, he or she didn't have the original files. Personally, I couldn't care less about the color of her eyes, I think she looks really good here :)

kiba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

She looks great, I'm really excited to see her in the movie. And the blue eyes aren't important at all.

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@goonage said:

I honestly think the heels are simply there to make her a little taller, the choice of a wedge makes it less obvious that she's wearing heels at all. Gal is 5'10" but Ben Affleck is like 6'4" and Henry Cavill is around 6'1" ... giving Gal a 2-3" wedge will give her a +6' height which fits the character.

I agree with the general sentiment on the board though ... the tiara is the weakest point IMO, but overall it's a solid design for her costume.

Archizooom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

And the bracelets, they look like your common-or-garden bracelets, I think the treatment of her iconic weapons is quite unfortunate to be honest, ain't nothing special about them. I like the dress, a lot, but overall I think the look lacks a certain iconic quality

Saint_Sophie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By Saint_Sophie

@csg_cl said:

Gal is 5'10" but Ben Affleck is like 6'4" and Henry Cavill is around 6'1" ... giving Gal a 2-3" wedge will give her a +6' height which fits the character.

I agree with the general sentiment on the board though ... the tiara is the weakest point IMO, but overall it's a solid design for her costume.

I just wanna point something out.. this irks me for some reason but it's a misconception on heels. 3 inch heels will not make you 3 inches taller. Why? Because heels are just putting your feet on angles in a way. And they hurt because they stretch your ankle and feet out. Ugh I can't really describe why it's so painful. It will probably be more like 1.5 inches. Still in the 5'11 range of height though. Also, I understand why Gal's a fashion model now. She's got a unique look and 5'10's suppose to be the perfect model height.

Anyways, I hate the tiara design as well. Just looks meh. And also, I don't know, but the fact that a section of her forehead is exposed just seems weird, but I understand it's probably how her hairline/forehead works.

xoxo, -Saint Sophie

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 the_stegman  Moderator

I'm tired of pictures and news, I WANT THE MOVIE

Saint_Sophie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm tired of pictures and news, I WANT THE MOVIE

Same. I wish it was released during 2015 like it was originally was suppose to be iirc? I don't care about hype or being able to see the vision they want.

xoxo, -Saint Sophie

Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
    CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Doesn't even look real

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saint_sophie: Time goes by quickly. 2016 is almost here. It seems like a long time when you first hear about it.

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 the_stegman  Moderator

@saint_sophie: Right? Just think, it would have been out by now!! Nice avatar BTW.

Comickidd77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looks more like a painting

Avatar image for darkdetective27
    darkdetective27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 69

User Lists: 10

#18  Edited By darkdetective27

Photoshop fail

It looks like someone photoshopped her head onto one of the new statues they are selling for the film as merchandise.

Archizooom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkdetective27: Good work Detective! I wouldn't call it a photoshop fail though because although you can tell it's fake, it's still enough realistic-looking that you get a good idea of how splendid Gal Gadot would've looked like as Wonder Woman with a brighter, more colorful costume. I couldn't wait to show you ingrates

Avatar image for the_new_avenger
    The_New_Avenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Title of the thread says no filter, this looks fake though it looks like a painting.

Avatar image for darkdetective27
    darkdetective27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 69

User Lists: 10

@brunnhilde: Thanks and I guess you're right it isnt a complete failure.

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@csg_cl said:

Gal is 5'10" but Ben Affleck is like 6'4" and Henry Cavill is around 6'1" ... giving Gal a 2-3" wedge will give her a +6' height which fits the character.

I just wanna point something out.. this irks me for some reason but it's a misconception on heels. 3 inch heels will not make you 3 inches taller. Why? Because heels are just putting your feet on angles in a way. And they hurt because they stretch your ankle and feet out. Ugh I can't really describe why it's so painful. It will probably be more like 1.5 inches. Still in the 5'11 range of height though. Also, I understand why Gal's a fashion model now. She's got a unique look and 5'10's suppose to be the perfect model height.

Anyways, I hate the tiara design as well. Just looks meh. And also, I don't know, but the fact that a section of her forehead is exposed just seems weird, but I understand it's probably how her hairline/forehead works.

xoxo, -Saint Sophie

fair enough ... guess I just don't think the heels are all that big of a deal, the comic character wore them for most of her existence in some form or another and this costume is making an obvious effort to downplay them, or at least make them appear semi-functional.

I don't like that the Tiara looks like she's wearing it upside down ... the pointy side should be UP!

MaZeRaIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for scorpio_cassadine
    SCORPIO_CASSADINE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hate it. It's not Wonderriffic enough. I mean what would be wrong with adding some standard Wonder Woman costume elements, to make it really look like her? For instance, the tiara looks like a headband instead of a weapon/symbol of royalty. The breastplate is different. The belt is different. The skirt is different. The bracelets are different. The sword and shield are different. The boots are different. There's nothing familiar at all about it. I mean they couldn't even throw us a bone with a few five point stars. It's not red, white and blue, in fact, there's no white at all. Anything remotely patriotic has been sanitized from the costume to make it look more like Xena. I effing hate it.

And the blue eyes are important, I don't care what anybody says. Wonder Woman's eyes are blue.

No Caption Provided

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scorpio_cassadine: I think they should of just used her New 52 costume and called it a day. It seems like they were being lazy with Wonder Woman.

Avatar image for quinnofthestoneage
    QuinnoftheStoneAge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looks like a doll

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

And the bracelets, they look like your common-or-garden bracelets, I think the treatment of her iconic weapons is quite unfortunate to be honest, ain't nothing special about them. I like the dress, a lot, but overall I think the look lacks a certain iconic quality

Τhe Bracelets and Tiara are too comicbooky for DC's realistic take and even in comics they have started taking second place behind the sword and shield.

Do I agree with that, no, but I feel that's the reasoning behind it.

The reason she doesn't have blue eyes to begin with is because they went for a more "Mediterranean" look.

@csg_cl said:
    @goonage said:

I honestly think the heels are simply there to make her a little taller, the choice of a wedge makes it less obvious that she's wearing heels at all. Gal is 5'10" but Ben Affleck is like 6'4" and Henry Cavill is around 6'1" ... giving Gal a 2-3" wedge will give her a +6' height which fits the character.

I agree. That's the first thing that comes to mind too. WW should be able to look Supes and Bats in the eyes without them looking down.

VickBat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Good image, impressive

Archizooom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Archizooom

@scorpio_cassadine: I agree that the costume doesn't really scream Wonder Woman, it looks too much like a standard greek warrior woman getup imo. The colors are way too dark and muddied and her iconic weapons, namely the tiara and bracelets look really cheap and ordinary, I saw how they fabricate fake metal pieces with EVA foam on Face Off so you get this cheap, industrial, brushed metal finish. The tiara looks like the BvS logo to me, overall it's a good-looking costume but as far as designing a costume FOR Wonder Woman goes, I'd say Michael Wilkinson didn't really nail the brief.

And I'm fed up with Wonder Woman getting shortchanged because of Superman, reading Madflavor's comment made me realize there's a giant disconnect between my expectations and what we're actually getting, we've sacrificed a lot, too much actually, but what are you gonna do...one can only hope that Gal Gadot knocked it out of the park

Archizooom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Archizooom

@squalleon: More comicbook-y than Superman's caped-unitard? kryptonite? Heat Vision? Chatting with his deceased father somehow? What's so outlandish about a pair of indestructible bracelets, can't wrap my head around that

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

@squalleon: More comicbook-y than Superman's caped-unitard? kryptonite? Heat Vision? Chatting with his deceased father somehow? What's so outlandish about a pair of indestructible bracelets, can't wrap my head around that

I didn't say I agree. But I have seen opinions that the tiara and lasso are ridiculous running around, I feel the need to diminish their lore comes from appealing to the same fans that think Superman must be realistic etc.

Also it might have something to do with the insecurity when it comes to magic. I mean look at Marvel, it turned Thor into an Alien and in Doctor Strange, "magic" will be very advanced science or something.

Ultra_beleco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I only hated the Tiara and the Bracelets.

Archizooom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squalleon: I think it's the signature moves, the bullets-and-bracelets and the chakram-tiara throw, that's what people find silly. IMO, even if bullets don't penetrate her flesh I like that she deflects them anyway, I think it looks cool and bullets bouncing off his chest is one of Superman's trademarks hence the moniker "Man of Steel". Regardless of how she utilizes them, the tiara and bracelets are two of Wonder Woman's iconic symbols and I feel as though this design doesn't do them justice. So although it's a very beautiful costume, imo it doesn't read Wonder Woman, it reads Amazon soldier.

No Caption Provided

Saint_Sophie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A second inspection made me realize that this is probably fake. Most if not all promotional images look like this, or similar shades to this:

No Caption Provided

xoxo, -Saint Sophie

Archizooom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Archizooom

@saint_sophie: It's definitely fake, someone photoshopped her head from the Entertainment Weekly cover onto the statue's body, I put in the finishing touches. It could almost be a legit Nick Knight photograph though

No Caption Provided

Mark_Stephen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Mark_Stephen

Wow. Just replace the shield with the chakram and you have Xena.

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow. Just replace the shield with the chakram and you have Xena.

is that surprising? Xena was heavily influenced by Diana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Or perhaps it's the other way around these days.

Claymore1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

Its bit different than i would have liked but it still looks pretty awesome to me =)

Archizooom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Archizooom

@mark_stephen: Yeah Xena is still very fresh in the public mind here across the pond whereas Wonder Woman is barely known at all. If you show them a picture, some people may be able to put a name to the bathing-suit clad heroine, however when she comes up on the screen wearing this, "Xena" will probably be the first thing on everybody's mind. Actually the Fine Brothers made an Elders React video, one of the grannies thought she was Xena...

Saint_Sophie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Saint_Sophie

@brunnhilde said:

@saint_sophie: It's definitely fake, someone photoshopped her head from the Entertainment Weekly cover onto the statue's body, I put in the finishing touches. It could almost be a legit Nick Knight photograph though

Well sorry. Seesh. The colors of the costume look too bright and so does her skin in contrast to the background. I mean, if they unfiltered the costume, shouldn't the background more than likely be lighter as it most likely had a filter as well? Also, almost every official release and even the pictures WB's released, the costume looks slightly darker shades than that. Especially the skirt. So no, someone could think that someone literally went on photoshop or any picture editor, selected and isolated Gal and then brightened up her outfit. And her skin too.

Unless I could see the article or video or the photographer who did this, the instagram account? Cause I just did a quick search and just about every article I saw had the costume much darker shades. And the only page that poped up with this image was Comic Vine. Unless it's instagram or twitter? But you know what? Whatever. I'll just wait till more official pictures come out. Also, the lasso looks really cheap. Like it could break the moment she tries to swing it around. But then again, it's magic/enchanted so it shouldn't.

Also, people are complaining about the costume but saying to stop hating or worrying about Gal? Jeez. We should all just keep our mouths shut then or wait. We can't change anything now.

xoxo, -Saint Sophie

Archizooom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saint_sophie: You know you're right about the golden lasso, if we're being nitpicky it's totally the wrong shade of gold, it doesn't look like anything special. The props department didn't do a very good job with her iconic weapons

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for scorpio_cassadine
    SCORPIO_CASSADINE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The whole feel is wrong, how did we get from this...

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Bright, shiny, happy and optimistic, to this...

No Caption Provided

Is she supposed to be a vampire now? She looks like a soul sucking succubus or something, have we really become so serious, dark and depressing? I don't think we have. Remember when superheroes used to be fun?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.