Follow

Wonder Woman

Character » Wonder Woman appears in 8804 issues.

The Amazon princess, blessed with god-like super abilities, Wonder Woman is one of Earth's most powerful defenders of peace, justice, and equality and a member of the Justice League. She is considered an archetype for many heroines outside of comic book. Her initial origin depicted her as a clay baby brought to life by patron goddess Aphrodite, but in recent years she has been depicted as the daughter of Zeus and Amazon queen Hippolyta.

New 52 Wonder Woman situation.

I_Rock_Fiction

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

So if anyone has been keeping up with the darkseid war what do you guys think about her situation. Spoilers below

So her and Superman are broken up (yay) Grail was born on the same day as her and is darkseids Amazon daughter and Steve has been infused with the anti life equation.... Thoughts?

dshipp17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By dshipp17

Sounds like a very interesting set of developments. I saw the Justice League preview and was intrigued by Superwoman giving birth to a messiah who will turn the tide of the battle? This is new news for me that Steve is deeply affected by the anti-life equation with Darkseid dead; I hope it will have permanent ramifications for Steve?

I_Rock_Fiction

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dshipp17: Yea superwoman's baby was supposedly a weapon against mobious but, spoiler. Grail used the anti life equation and bound it to Steve whom she now totally controls and used him to one shot Möbius. But knowing how the anti life equation works, probably means that Trevor will die from it. Or if he's separated from it.

SanoHibiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Considering that current Super League’ crossover happens after Darkseid War (or so it appears, because DC timelines are mess) and what happened in today SM/WW #28 – nope, they’re not broken. Until New-52 Superman dies in a month, at least. In addition, Steve is alive and looks normal to me.

I_Rock_Fiction

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sanohibiki: looks alive and normal?? He's infused with anti life equation, which makes him the new anti monitor technically. And you can only be separated from the anti life equation either by dying or or using another powerful beings life force to remove it. Not to mention Grail used some ritual on him. Honestly I wish they would've explained the while plot a bit more. Steve being more important is great but this seems like a bit much.

SanoHibiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By SanoHibiki

@i_rock_fiction: That's why I mentioned timelines' mess. Darkseid' War supposed to lead directly in Rebirth, SuperLeague, according to flashbacks, happens after Truth, JL of America and DW' events. I think it's more because of lack of communication between Johns and Tomasi or even maybe a haste mistake from Tomasi , but be as that may, Steve Trevor, alive and mortal in SM/WW #28.

TheExile285

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 4

The Superman & Wonder Woman relationship is a stupid mess at this point. (which sucks because I think this could have been an interesting relationship OH WELL)

Cool stuff aside from that. I'm really curious to see how she'll react when she finds out what happen to Steve. I also wonder how much I'd going to get rectoned in DC Universe Rebirth #1 and Wonder Woman Rebirth #1.

Archizooom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maybe it's just me but Wonder Woman's coming across a bit "finchy", which is a word I coined just about now that means 'a bit simple in the head; too trusting' and I'm just really sick of seeing Wonder Woman portrayed in this light. Her leadership skills in this War leave quite a lot to be desired, she doesn't have a plan, the Crime Syndicate are just totally running rings around her...she's gotten a bit lost in the shuffle

I_Rock_Fiction

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theexile285: @sanohibiki: My guess is that Steve will be killed. They have already Stated that something drastic happens to each character that supposed to change them. So the death of Steve might affect her in that way. They were lovers and very close before her affair with Superman. So that might be it. Otherwise I have no idea, Grail seems to like her new toy and Steve just has terrible luck.

SanoHibiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_rock_fiction: sinceriously hope that Steve will live; he's a good character and went through a lot.

ZariusII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By ZariusII

@sanohibiki said:

@i_rock_fiction: sinceriously hope that Steve will live; he's a good character and went through a lot.

Steve's fine. He's in this week's Superman/Wonder Woman, which is set after Darksied War. Diana reconciles with Clark in that issue, but he's dying anyway so they're hooking up again more out of pity and moral support than anything serious.

I_Rock_Fiction

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sanohibiki: @zariusii: I do to but Anti life Equation is the most powerful thing in DC isn't it? Also if that's true, that totally lame... But then again the new 52 hasn't really been al that great.

Archizooom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Archizooom

Zola has seemingly passed away and Superman will supposedly die soon as well, I reckon Superman's demise is the "unimaginable loss" they alluded to. Also Steve is on the cover of Wonder Woman Rebirth #1 so there's that

@i_rock_fiction said:

@theexile285: @sanohibiki: My guess is that Steve will be killed. They have already Stated that something drastic happens to each character that supposed to change them. So the death of Steve might affect her in that way. They were lovers and very close before her affair with Superman. So that might be it. Otherwise I have no idea, Grail seems to like her new toy and Steve just has terrible luck.

SanoHibiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zariusii said:

@sanohibiki said:

Steve's fine. He's in this week's Superman/Wonder Woman, which is set after Darksied War.

I know, already mentioned it in my posts. The problem is, timelines don't mix up, exactly - or so it appears to me. Darkseid War, as far as i understood from different interviews, supposed to lead directly into Rebirth event, without any intervals of time. Yet, Superleague (which SM/WW 28 is part of) happens before Rebirth, and Steve is all ok and Anti-Life Equation-free. If it even isn't writing mistake (because Tomasi seems in quite rush to kill current Superman and could have made a continuty error), still, it is quite a spolier.

Diana reconciles with Clark in that issue, but he's dying anyway so they're hooking up again more out of pity and moral support than anything serious.

Italic part - not even gonna comment on it; one book, two people, three opinions.

I_Rock_Fiction

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Archizooom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Archizooom

@i_rock_fiction: Zola died last week in Wonder Woman #51 [click here] and Superman is suffering from a terminal disease [click here], she's saying farewell to her boyfriend and her best friend in the new 52 so it's a pretty reasonable assumption that the "unimaginable loss" refers to either or both of them

sealife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Suprised nobody has mentioned the fact that she very likely has a male twin

Klaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maybe it's just me but Wonder Woman's coming across a bit "finchy", which is a word I coined just about now that means 'a bit simple in the head; too trusting' and I'm just really sick of seeing Wonder Woman portrayed in this light. Her leadership skills in this War leave quite a lot to be desired, she doesn't have a plan, the Crime Syndicate are just totally running rings around her...she's gotten a bit lost in the shuffle

What else would you expect? She is trying to lead the League, but almost all of their personalities have changed. Two of her friends are now being controlled by the Crime Syndicate and she can't fight them because she needs their help. They will kill off her friends if she lifts a hand against them, and on top of all that she herself is shaken as a god ,due to the death of Darkseid. The enemy of the battle keeps changing so much that she barely has any time to come to terms with how to defeat one enemy before they die at the hands of another enemy. First Grail, then Darkseid, then Mobius, then Superman, then not Superman, then the Crime Syndicate, then Superwoman's child, then Grail comes back, now a transformed Steve Trevor who changed the battlefield yet again by killing Mobius, who summoned the BR and killed Darkseid.

She is literally the only one here not falling apart, but this isn't something she can handle alone, and it isn't something you should expect her to be able to do. And now that Steve is in the fight, the same Steve who just one-shotted Mobius, a guy who was stomping the League, what do you really expect her to do?

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.