Follow

Wonder Woman

Character » Wonder Woman appears in 8805 issues.

The Amazon princess, blessed with god-like super abilities, Wonder Woman is one of Earth's most powerful defenders of peace, justice, and equality and a member of the Justice League. She is considered an archetype for many heroines outside of comic book. Her initial origin depicted her as a clay baby brought to life by patron goddess Aphrodite, but in recent years she has been depicted as the daughter of Zeus and Amazon queen Hippolyta.

New 52 wonder woman should be how strong?

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll New 52 wonder woman should be how strong? (138 votes)

As Strong As Superman 17%
    Normal strength,but more skills 16%
    Close superman in strength level 57%
    Stronger than superman 9%

I'm like this picture

• 
    PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#151  Edited By PowerWoman

@the_titan_lord: Not really,like COIE AM,Lucifer,presence,GEB,Darkseid, Sa Dr. Fate,HOG Ion,ZH Parallaxis more powerful than superman,

In the DC,there has tons charaters can crush superman like worm,superman isnt more powerful than them,shazam,black adam,doomsday,MM,these charaters always close in superman strength level too

gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_titan_lord: lack of logic?,,not everyone can ko superman,and when a weaker powerhouse fights superman it's because he holds back most of the time,and when characters like mongul,darksied,doomsday,maxima,black adam,etc give superman trouble is becayse they are in the same power level,so as long as they make every character fight people in the league that they belong,or give a good explanation like a powerhouse holding back against weaker opponents,there won't be inconsistencies.

The_Titan_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@powerwoman: It doesn't matter. You for a fact know that they're over doing it. People most of the time just know them to be pretty strong nothing more. Readers nowadays are looking for something other than power. Like I said they don't need to move worlds on a daily basis just to be a bad-ass.

The_Titan_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gokuwarrior: *Sigh*..He was not even having a hard time lifting the weight of the world for five days. The fact is readers find him to be a pile of BS nowadays. They shouldn't make the same mistake with WW.

gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155  Edited By gokuwarrior

again,as long as they make every character fight people in the league that they belong,or give a good explanation like a powerhouse holding back against weaker opponents,there won't be inconsistencies,so the power level won't matter.

great story with high end feats is what i want to see,both things are important.

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_titan_lord: So,what's your points?how can to know a charater really powerful?not need move planet,arm wresting or something other possible it could be prove it,like darkseid is stronger than superman,so he could be lift earth weight too,he isnt need lift it

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_titan_lord: So,what happen if wonder woman beat superman in arm wresting? Is just a hypothesis,can prove wonder woman could be lift earth weight five days too?

Danieles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I suggest, feminine strenght: that doesnt means physical strenght, this its the time that Wonder Woman needs to be more woman , and less a butch female.

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@danieles: So what's your vote?Normal strength,but more skills?

The_Titan_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@powerwoman: I clearly don't understand you right now. She is clearly a powerful character already. What I'm just saying is she doesn't need to be written the way Superman is overratedly being written. I guess you only read DC comics. You should really step-out of your bubble.

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_titan_lord: I know what's you think,wonder woman isnt need move planet in her comic book because this just silly thing,right?

so that still has question,you says wonder woman just need 25 tons,that not powerful,at least when superman can lift earth weight,25 tons level just a joke

dshipp17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#162  Edited By dshipp17

@the_titan_lord said:

@powerwoman: I clearly don't understand you right now. She is clearly a powerful character already. What I'm just saying is she doesn't need to be written the way Superman is overratedly being written. I guess you only read DC comics. You should really step-out of your bubble.

Did you see the panels of Superman's power feats that I posted? These two posters who you're responding are talking based on their imagination or how they wished to see Superman and Wonder Woman portrayed, not how the characters are actually portrayed. The panels that they posted from post-crisis is just two panels out of about 26 years of post-crisis history for these characters; these characters are not close to being about to move planets; please, their usual feats indicate that they're somewhere in the ballpark of Ms. Marvel, The Thing, and 90s Rogue; the panels are an anomaly and the pre-crisis stuff has clearly been retconned; how often have you seen what these posters are portraying since about 1992 for Superman? Seems like you got hypnotized with the panels they introduced, but left behind my counterpoints; there's no need to post as many panels when you can refer back to the published media and consider that those panels are anomalies. See the JL episode: For the Man Who Has Everything; although these posters don't like it, that shows the various power levels of Superman and Wonder Woman. I just could not continue to argue point for point when these posters can't or won't accept anomalies when they see them and separate reality from their desires for reality. Once they can do such, I can than continue to debate.

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@god_spawn

Please check here,clear out Troll

The_Titan_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@powerwoman: The point is. She doesn't need to compete with at that level to be a bad-ass she is cool on her own. Besides IMO it's match more easier to write stories about her in kind of level. At least to much PIS/CIS may be avoided or inconsistency can be avoided.

The_Titan_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dshipp17 said:

@the_titan_lord said:

Did you see the panels of Superman's power feats that I posted? These two posters who you're responding are talking based on their imagination or how they wished to see Superman and Wonder Woman portrayed, not how the characters are actually portrayed. The panels that they posted from post-crisis is just two panels out of about 26 years of post-crisis history for these characters; these characters are not close to being about to move planets; please, their usual feats indicate that they're somewhere in the ballpark of Ms. Marvel, The Thing, and 90s Rogue; the panels are an anomaly and the pre-crisis stuff has clearly been retconned; how often have you seen what these posters are portraying since about 1992 for Superman? Seems like you got hypnotized with the panels they introduced, but left behind my counterpoints; there's no need to post as many panels when you can refer back to the published media and consider that those panels are anomalies. See the JL episode: For the Man Who Has Everything; although these posters don't like it, that shows the various power levels of Superman and Wonder Woman. I just could not continue to argue point for point when these posters can't or won't accept anomalies when they see them and separate reality from their desires for reality. Once they can do such, I can than continue to debate.

Meh. That was you're argument not mine. I just directly posted my opinion on the question being asked. Sorry? I thought this mostly just involve New 52 version?

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166  Edited By PowerWoman

@the_titan_lord: Ok,so you think wonder woman isnt close to superman in strength,she a little bit stronger than normal man or just normal strength

there has a lot of people like it,not only you,though superman would be kill her in nanosecond

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The_Titan_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@powerwoman: IMO neither. Besides DC has already consistently shown that SM is more powerful in strength and durability than her.

'there has a lot of people like it,not only you,though superman would be kill her in nanosecond".. See this is the usual problem. If they keep writing her like being in a contest with SM people might not understand her in her solo issue's. Some readers might want consistencies with her in the NEW 52. It might be confusing to some new readers who's looking for this kind of stuff. It leaves a reader with a question like " O.K. WW is not that strong in her solos. But she's a planet mover when with the JL? or She barely avoids arrows yet she able to keep-up with the Flash?". Comic readers have different taste when it comes to this it's much safer for DC to be in the middle. They need to have a medium consistency at best. I'm not saying they should change the way they write these guys, but they just got to have a simple base. But that's just me. No offense though.

dshipp17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dshipp17 said:

@the_titan_lord said:

Meh. That was you're argument not mine. I just directly posted my opinion on the question being asked. Sorry? I thought this mostly just involve New 52 version?

Well, no wonder you appear so confused; it appears that you probably haven't read a lot of published media about these characters and can't figure how to clear your questions by reading the published media; to help you out a bit here, there is no significant difference between the New 52 Wonder Woman, the Wonder Woman from 3 and a half years ago, and the Wonder Woman of 1992; had you been following along instead of reading spoilers, you might have known that much. Hopefully, now you'll try to get a clue.

dshipp17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_titan_lord: Ignore the Troll,please

I'm not a troll; I'm just someone who can separate reality from fantasy; you've posted many responses trying to convince everyone that Wonder Woman should display power feats in her book and created this thread; however, people need to agree that she hasn't been displaying power feats; most people believe she has been displaying power feats in her own book; however, it's a matter of prospective, as you so clearly make transparent.

The_Titan_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dshipp17 said:

@the_titan_lord said:

@dshipp17 said:

@the_titan_lord said:

Well, no wonder you appear so confused; it appears that you probably haven't read a lot of published media about these characters and can't figure how to clear your questions by reading the published media; to help you out a bit here, there is no significant difference between the New 52 Wonder Woman, the Wonder Woman from 3 and a half years ago, and the Wonder Woman of 1992; had you been following along instead of reading spoilers, you might have known that much. Hopefully, now you'll try to get a clue.

Meh. Don't really care what you're trying to point out. It's a discussion concentrated on the current version not the WW 3yrs ago etc,. Like I said I'm just posting my opinion on the question being asked. No offense though.

dshipp17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172  Edited By dshipp17

@the_titan_lord said:

@dshipp17 said:

@the_titan_lord said:

@dshipp17 said:

@the_titan_lord said:

Meh. Don't really care what you're trying to point out. It's a discussion concentrated on the current version not the WW 3yrs ago etc,. Like I said I'm just posting my opinion on the question being asked. No offense though.

The current Wonder Woman is the Wonder Woman from 3 years ago; the New 52 was not a major change like the COIE, so why would there be major differences? It's not something that's just limited to a point that I'm trying to make; that's about all I was saying, plus giving you things to help you appear not as confused about these characters.

The_Titan_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dshipp17 said:

@the_titan_lord said:

@dshipp17 said:

@the_titan_lord said:

@dshipp17 said:

@the_titan_lord said:

The current Wonder Woman is the Wonder Woman from 3 years ago; the New 52 was not a major change like the COIE, so why would there be major differences? It's not something that's just limited to a point that I'm trying to make; that's about all I was saying, plus giving you things to help you appear not as confused about these characters.

Meh.

dshipp17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174  Edited By dshipp17

@the_titan_lord: You would have cared to know the answer or you never would have entered into the discussion. If you don't care that the current Wonder Woman is the same Wonder Woman from 3 years ago than you're either talking nonsense or being snarky; at a certain level, I don't really care about how someone feels about a point I try to make, I just needed to get you told; you think my day to day activities (or someone else's) is somehow controlled by how you feel? If so, you really have a really silly sense of self importance.

The_Titan_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dshipp17: Meh. As far as I see I don't really care about you're discussion that is of your own, you obviously lack attention. You're being neglected in this thread so you called my attention on your post. Your concerns are your own and I don't really care. Specially of your personal opinion about the character. I'm just giving my opinion on the question being asked by the author not make analysis on what version she is. Feel free to make your own assumptions on what should be important in this thread. You obviously don't have a life other than being a troll. It is far beyond me to give a damn.

gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dshipp17: we didn't post 2 pannels out of 26 years of post crisis history,we posted many,many feats from WW before new 52 that are her regular showings proving she is way above ms marvel,i can prove that is consistent because it happens a lot.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Wondy_X_Supes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As strong as Superman! :)

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178  Edited By PowerWoman

@gokuwarrior: Ignore the troll,please@the_titan_lord: so,Wonder woman isnt need superman strength level and flash speed level?but in the pre-52 wonder woman is superman power level,you want to see a weak of wonder woman?

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@powerwoman: IMO neither. Besides DC has already consistently shown that SM is more powerful in strength and durability than her.

'there has a lot of people like it,not only you,though superman would be kill her in nanosecond".. See this is the usual problem. If they keep writing her like being in a contest with SM people might not understand her in her solo issue's. Some readers might want consistencies with her in the NEW 52. It might be confusing to some new readers who's looking for this kind of stuff. It leaves a reader with a question like " O.K. WW is not that strong in her solos. But she's a planet mover when with the JL? or She barely avoids arrows yet she able to keep-up with the Flash?". Comic readers have different taste when it comes to this it's much safer for DC to be in the middle. They need to have a medium consistency at best. I'm not saying they should change the way they write these guys, but they just got to have a simple base. But that's just me. No offense though.

I am agree that,New 52 wonder woman is not very strong in her solos,in herself comic book she isnt stronger than spider man

gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

that's the problem with new 52,before new 52 WW used to be very powerful and consistent,she had a lot of strength feats comparable to superman and she was a true speeder,one of the fastest beings in DC.

wonder woman had great levels of super strength,super speed and durability before 52,now what she needs is more feats in her solo title,we aren' talking about moving a planet first she needs to have more ferats like the feats she had before new 52,moving islannds and asteroids with ease,fighting at high speeds,taking nukes,powerful attacks,etc.

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181  Edited By PowerWoman

@gokuwarrior: There has many people sick to see wonder woman destroy tank or h-bomb,they are think wonder woman isnt close to superman in strength,a bit stronger than normal man they are would be happy

gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gokuwarrior: There has many people sick to see wonder woman destroy tank or h-bomb,they are think wonder woman isnt close to superman in strength,a bit stronger than normal man they are would be happy

tanks,trucks and vans are the common feats for any character with super strength,the fact that some people think that superman and wonder woman strength limit is lifting a tank are just in denial.

fps_dean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#183  Edited By fps_dean

I've always thought that Wonder Woman should be right behind Superman not only in sheer strength but in all-around fighting skills and maybe even as strong or stronger in certain situations, like against magic or where kryptonite is involved. And Power Girl and Supergirl should be stronger in sheer strength but Wonder Woman's fighting skills make her the better fighter.

I think that Wonder Woman has got some defeats that she normally would not have got only to make more of a story -- see if Wonder Woman mops the floor with everyone, then why do they need Superman? Just my two cents, I know 100 people will disagree.

The_Titan_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@powerwoman: She isn't weak. They just need to tone her down a bit. They don't her to be planetary strength level. I just want DC to concentrate on her character development. Cause somehow when I'm reader JL or any DC character the first image the comes to my mind would just be strength and speed it's over powering sometimes. The solo WW is more awesome than the one with JL shes more of a bad-ass.

gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fps_dean said:

I've always thought that Wonder Woman should be right behind Superman not only in sheer strength but in all-around fighting skills and maybe even as strong or stronger in certain situations, like against magic or where kryptonite is involved. And Power Girl and Supergirl should be stronger in sheer strength but Wonder Woman's fighting skills make her the better fighter.

I think that Wonder Woman has got some defeats that she normally would not have got only to make more of a story -- see if Wonder Woman mops the floor with everyone, then why do they need Superman? Just my two cents, I know 100 people will disagree.

wonder woman is and should always be a much better fighter than superman,and she is at least as powerful as powergirl and supergirl,but in new 52 she easely defeated supergirl while holding back.

The_Titan_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_titan_lord said:

that's the problem with new 52,before new 52 WW used to be very powerful and consistent,she had a lot of strength feats comparable to superman and she was a true speeder,one of the fastest beings in DC.

wonder woman had great levels of super strength,super speed and durability before 52,now what she needs is more feats in her solo title,we aren' talking about moving a planet first she needs to have more ferats like the feats she had before new 52,moving islannds and asteroids with ease,fighting at high speeds,taking nukes,powerful attacks,etc.

That's the problem before the new 52. They have over done their characters with strength and speed. IMO it's the reason why DC has too many reboots over the years. She needs to be her own character not to be another superman.

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_titan_lord: But New 52 wonder woman close in supergirl strength,or Supergirl is very weak too?

The_Titan_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@powerwoman: To be honest I really wish they just keep the solo WW she's more of a bad-ass. I feel right now it's the mistake all over again. They'll exaggerate her again.

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_titan_lord: Ok... I do not agree with you, but it appears to be legitimate,If dc keep up a low level of wonder woman,fans will stop complaining ,because she is weak,There is no inconsistency,good points

gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190  Edited By gokuwarrior

@the_titan_lord said:

@powerwoman: To be honest I really wish they just keep the solo WW she's more of a bad-ass. I feel right now it's the mistake all over again. They'll exaggerate her again.

exaggerate her again?,wonder woman has always been a powerhouse,and in her early days she even was more powerful than superman,so get your facts right,she should never be a street level character,being way above the 100 tons limit, faster than half the speed of light and durable enough to take nukes and trade blows with bricks is the least she should always be,but never below that.

The_Titan_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191  Edited By The_Titan_Lord

@the_titan_lord said:

exaggerate her again?,wonder woman has always been a powerhouse,and in her early days she even was more powerful than superman,so get your facts right,she should never be a street level character,being way above the 100 tons limit, faster than half the speed of light and durable enough to take nukes and trade blows with bricks is the least she should always be,but never below that.

No she didn't started that way. She wasn't a planet mover nor that much of a speedster. The fact is these kind of things doesn't work well anymore. DC needs to work with these characters not exaggerate their abilities on a daily basis.

dshipp17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192  Edited By dshipp17

@gokuwarrior said:

@dshipp17: we didn't post 2 pannels out of 26 years of post crisis history,we posted many,many feats from WW before new 52 that are her regular showings proving she is way above ms marvel,i can prove that is consistent because it happens a lot.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

With all of the panels representing the anomalies excluded (e.g. the handling of a planet), none of those feats that you provide support your suggestion that Wonder Woman is much stronger than Ms. Marvel. Ms. Marvel has engaged in some incredible feats of strength and I don't recall any lifting that exceeded her limits but if there are any examples, please enlighten me of those occasions where Ms. Marvel could not lift something. I don't disagree that Wonder Woman might be a bit stronger than Ms. Marvel, even though it's yet to be seen. Speed is another matter however; I never really said Ms. Marvel was in Wonder Woman's league speed-wise.

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_titan_lord: This is first of wonder woman strength level:

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Back these days,Wonder woman even stronger than superman,in the same time superman just "more powerful than locomotive“ in Golden age,Golden age superman isnt powerful like silver age superman

The_Titan_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194  Edited By The_Titan_Lord
    PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_titan_lord: Yeah,but you must be see these scans,wonder woman never is "weak" in strength level

The_Titan_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@powerwoman: What age is that? The Golden AgeWonder Woman, compared to a normal human being, was much stronger. In one of her earliest appearances, she is shown running easily at 60 mph, and later jumps from a building and lands on the balls of her feet

gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dshipp17: they aren't anomalies,planes weight much more than 100 tons,do you know how many times WW lifted massive planes like those?,many,many times,ms marvel has not strength feats near WW's level,her best feat was helping sentry to lift something that was only 100000 tons at best and guess who was lifting the most amount of weigth?,sentry because he has lifted things that ms marvel could never.

WW has lifted asteroids much more than once.

don't show me a dam scan of ms marvel lifting a truck or tank and pretend that puts her on WW's class,even a 20 tonner like spider man can lift a truck and a tank,show me one scan of ms marvel lifting a plane,show me a scan of her lifting 100 tons,you won't find any,while WW has a lot of feats way above the 100 tons.

The_Titan_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@powerwoman: I don't view her as a weak character. I just think she should be toned down.

gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_titan_lord: wonder woman should always be a powerhouse because she has always been one since day one,and power wise,she was moving planet in her early days and too fast for the human eye to see.

but i'm not talking about planet feats,i'm talking about the usual powerhouses feats.

being way above the 100 tons limit, faster than half the speed of light and durable enough to take nukes and trade blows with bricks is the least she should always be,but never below that,do you also think that is too?.

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_titan_lord: Read my scan,GA wonder woman can move the moon,same time superman cant move it

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.