Follow

Wonder Woman

Character » Wonder Woman appears in 8805 issues.

The Amazon princess, blessed with god-like super abilities, Wonder Woman is one of Earth's most powerful defenders of peace, justice, and equality and a member of the Justice League. She is considered an archetype for many heroines outside of comic book. Her initial origin depicted her as a clay baby brought to life by patron goddess Aphrodite, but in recent years she has been depicted as the daughter of Zeus and Amazon queen Hippolyta.

New 52 Redesign

Avatar image for deactivated-59dfd33ed3601
    deactivated-59dfd33ed3601

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

You would be lying if you say you don't like this. I think it is absolutely gorgeous. I love the modification to her sword and shield. I also love her legs in this and how her butt hangs out a bit (I always thought she should have more booty lol).

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like the look she has now though. This isn't bad, just very...saturated/bright. I think it's the picture.

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Meh ... It's okay ... I don't love the booty hanging out and I'd just as soon lose the sword and shield in favor of the bracers and lasso being more central

Avatar image for scorpio_cassadine
    SCORPIO_CASSADINE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That ish is tacky as hell. See Deathroke for how the New 52 costume should look. It's sexy af...but she's fully covered and her booty isn't hanging out.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

It's a damn shame she doesn't look this good in her own title.

Avatar image for scorpio_cassadine
    SCORPIO_CASSADINE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By SCORPIO_CASSADINE

The swimsuit IS Wonder Woman, you have to love it or leave her alone. I mean I like Fabrook's version -don't get me wrong- but it looks like extras put on over her classic silhouette, which is perfect by itself.

I promise you in the 70's nobody ever watched her appearances on the "Super-Friends" and thought it was weird that she didn't wear pants, or that she looked slutty or under dressed. That's a modern day phenomenon dictated by prudes and hypocrites.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

I don't really like that design, I prefer a semblance of the WW symbol on the costume mixed in with the eagle design, you can't lose the WW symbol from her look. Also, the shield doesn't look that good and is pretty bad at defense compared to a circular shield, the skirt is more sex appeal rather than a mix of combat effectiveness and sex appeal but I will admit the sandals are cool.

Avatar image for deactivated-59dfd33ed3601
    deactivated-59dfd33ed3601

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

^ Proof that you can't please WW readers. Can't come to a consent on anything.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#10  Edited By dernman
    @fatmen said:

I dont like it .The shield,skirt and sandals look weird.

I have problems with those areas also. I also have a problem with the eagle and it's wings on the chest. It actually looks more like a dove though. heh the more i look at it the more I find problems with it. Gonna stop now.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.