Follow

Wonder Woman

Character » Wonder Woman appears in 8805 issues.

The Amazon princess, blessed with god-like super abilities, Wonder Woman is one of Earth's most powerful defenders of peace, justice, and equality and a member of the Justice League. She is considered an archetype for many heroines outside of comic book. Her initial origin depicted her as a clay baby brought to life by patron goddess Aphrodite, but in recent years she has been depicted as the daughter of Zeus and Amazon queen Hippolyta.

MoS Designer Describes Wonder Womans Costume

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#1  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

Sounds promising.

Speaking to The Wrap, Batman Vs Superman costume designer Michael Wilkinson gave a few teasers about the direction that Gal Gadot’s Wonder Woman costume could be heading in.

“It’s so important to get her right. She really deserves to be presented on-screen in her full glory. So what I do is I look at the history of how the character has been presented on the big-screen, and the small-screen, and in comic books, and graphic novels. We process it all.

“Then we kind of put that aside and work out what is right for our film, for the cinematic universe that our director Zack Snyder is putting together. We try and create a Wonder Woman that’s relevant for today’s audiences.”

Asked if he thought the Wonder Woman costume was practical for a superhero, Wilkinson gave a revealing answer as to the type of look we could be getting from our Amazon warrior princess.

“Absolutely!” he enthused. “I mean, you just have to look at the gladiators from ancient Rome, they did their thing in little loin clothes and shield….It works for Thor, it works for 300, so let’s see what happens.”

Hmmm, gladiators, 300 and Thor

How about the look Diana adopted for Brian Azzarello and Cliff Chiang’s critically acclaimed New 52 reboot?

Batman Vs Superman: Is this Wonder Woman’s costume? | SciFiNow - The World's Best Science Fiction, Fantasy and Horror Magazine

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bump

Avatar image for darknightspideyfanboy
    darknightspideyfanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Muffin_Sangria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If they're going to do a battle skirt I'd rather it be a fuller one. I guess battle skirts like that existed but I just think they look stupid.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
    Avatar image for wonderwomanfan8
    WonderWomanFan8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

LOL...."we have to get her right". Haha, they are thinking way too hard about it.

Anything she wears can be 'practical' or 'realistic' in a world dealing with supernatural gods and magic.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

LOL...."we have to get her right". Haha, they are thinking way too hard about it.

Anything she wears can be 'practical' or 'realistic' in a world dealing with supernatural gods and magic.

It needs to be because everything else is otherwise she will look moronic

WonderWomanFan8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wonderwomanfan8 said:

I think that depends a lot on what type of 'realism' they're going for.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

@jonny_anonymous said:

@wonderwomanfan8 said:

the same type as MoS I would think

WonderWomanFan8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wonderwomanfan8 said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

@wonderwomanfan8 said:

My problem with that is...they're making a costume for her that would echo the atmosphere of Superman's universe, which is an extension by means of Batman's universe. Their universe's are rooted in science fiction kind of realism. A character like Wonder Woman clashes with that kind of realism because the universe she comes from represents a completely different genre: fantasy/mythology. So, in order to make her fit into this mold, it seems like they have to essentially remove her from the genre she was created in to fit into this "sci-fi" universe, which IMO diminishes her character.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e3255e75dae4
    deactivated-5e3255e75dae4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

I want the costume that she wore in Justice League War, but with pants.

Muffin_Sangria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Muffin_Sangria
    @wonderwomanfan8 said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

@wonderwomanfan8 said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

@wonderwomanfan8 said:

My problem with that is...they're making a costume for her that would echo the atmosphere of Superman's universe, which is an extension by means of Batman's universe. Their universe's are rooted in science fiction kind of realism. A character like Wonder Woman clashes with that kind of realism because the universe she comes from represents a completely different genre: fantasy/mythology. So, in order to make her fit into this mold, it seems like they have to essentially remove her from the genre she was created in to fit into this "sci-fi" universe, which IMO diminishes her character.

Well her suit would basically serve the same function as Superman's. Basically it's just something that can take enough of a beating that they won't end up naked half way through their fights. With the excretion of her bracers which do actually offer her protection. And I don't think they have to downplay the magical aspects of her character to get her to fit it. It just creates a more complex universe that they all live in. There might be some room for them questioning whether the gods are literal "gods" but even with that I don't think they should give a defiant answer.

Muffin_Sangria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Muffin_Sangria

@gor724: I'm open to pants but the costume in War was just kinda ugly.

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am pretty stoked to see her costume. I hope they ignored the haters calling for a more modern, pants'd look. It just looks silly, even when Jim Lee draws it.

WonderWomanFan8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gor724 Nah, give her armored shorts.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
    AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Either her "For tomorrow" look

No Caption Provided

Or Her New 52 Earth 2 look:

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Ostyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@allstarsuperman: That final image was flattering.

I want something like that, but alittle more protection on her shoulders. More Greek armor hybrid.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
    AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ostyo said:

@allstarsuperman: That final image was flattering.

I want something like that, but alittle more protection on her shoulders. More Greek armor hybrid.

It sucks that she's dead, but the Art and Color of that scan is amazing, imho

I DON'T want shoulder protectors, they would look revolting, imo. I do love the knee-pads though.

WonderWomanFan8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Either her "For tomorrow" look

No Caption Provided

Or Her New 52 Earth 2 look:

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

These images are great, and they maintain her classic colors. If you all need something on her shoulders, just give her some armored straps and call it a day.

Ostyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@allstarsuperman: I want a battle oufit, that corset with no shoulder guards or straps is just impossible.

WDW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By WDW

LOL Michael Wilkinson is getting misquoted.

He said he is going to do something that WORKS for the Batman Superman movie universe.

He never said or suggested that it would be like a Gladiator costume..... 300 or like Thor (sif costume)

Michael Wilkinson only answered the interviewers question "if it made sense for a woman superhero to be running around in a "skimpy" costume. he said YES but he did not say that is the way he is going for the movie

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.