Follow

Wonder Woman

Character » Wonder Woman appears in 8808 issues.

The Amazon princess, blessed with god-like super abilities, Wonder Woman is one of Earth's most powerful defenders of peace, justice, and equality and a member of the Justice League. She is considered an archetype for many heroines outside of comic book. Her initial origin depicted her as a clay baby brought to life by patron goddess Aphrodite, but in recent years she has been depicted as the daughter of Zeus and Amazon queen Hippolyta.

Lynda Carter's thought about Gal Gadot's WW Costume

• 56 results
    the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#51 the_stegman  Moderator

I have no problems with the costume...at all, and thank goodness they got rid of the star spangled panties.

TheBlondeGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@goonage said:

I don't really have a problem in general with Gal's costume, but those oh-so-fugly heels (And unnecessary- I mean, I could get small heels but how can she walk in those? Is that one of her powers?) kill the entire thing for me.

I know, it's a matter of fact difficult to look at considering there will be kicks and runs.

i love it, i love that we'll FINALLY see her on the big screen...but will she fly? someone please say yes..

We don't know yet, but I'm pretty sure Snyder would let her fly without the jet. :)

@natvin said:

@fallschirmjager: In William Marston's original conception, the bracelets were bronze as well.

But what do you think of the notion that the story behind the outfit is that it starts out bland like the picture suggests, but then Diana herself gets creative and adds the colors to her outfit LATER when she's inspired by Superman?

I have no idea to be honest.

I think if they were going to change the color herself, it might make sense. Afterall, if she's originally been on an Island her whole life, why would she be wearing USA colors? She can add them later after she learns and begins to love them.

I've been meaning to answer the same question. I mean she's been hidden throughout her entire childhood, and by all means she has no idea what's America like: it's Flag, the economy, the culture etc. But I've sought it to be important as WM created her that way and that it became legendary that it retained.

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@theblondegod: If Diana doesn't fly....i'm going to cry...

I have no problems with the costume...at all, and thank goodness they got rid of the star spangled panties.

i wouldn't mind seeing them XD

TheBlondeGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

TheBlondeGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@malachi_munroe: You, also, can't fly. :p Kidding! Believe me she'll fly of course there'll be some awesome actions. :)

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.