Follow

Wonder Woman

Character » Wonder Woman appears in 8804 issues.

The Amazon princess, blessed with god-like super abilities, Wonder Woman is one of Earth's most powerful defenders of peace, justice, and equality and a member of the Justice League. She is considered an archetype for many heroines outside of comic book. Her initial origin depicted her as a clay baby brought to life by patron goddess Aphrodite, but in recent years she has been depicted as the daughter of Zeus and Amazon queen Hippolyta.

"I've always known you could beat Superman" -Batman

kiba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Saint_Sophie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Give him a fight yes. Overall win a solid majority? Doubtful. I'm talking about the mainstream versions.

xoxo, -Saint Sophie

Avatar image for thekingofthehill
    TheKingoftheHill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is the most immature thread I have ever seen, a majority of people who have commented here have made me ashamed that I am a comic book fan. there were a few people who did act maturely but this is seriously pathetic. it's not even immature in a funny way.

Avatar image for deactivated-59dfd33ed3601
    deactivated-59dfd33ed3601

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thekingofthehill: You call this immature? Someone created a thread pointing out reasons why DC should get rid of everyone except Batman. That's what I would call immature.

Avatar image for thekingofthehill
    TheKingoftheHill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for spiderfan130666
    SpiderFan130666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157  Edited By SpiderFan130666

SHE DID NOT BEAT HIM. THE FIGHT WAS INTERRUPTED BY SINESTRO. BESIDES SUPERMAN HAD STOPPED FIGHTING, AFTER THAT LAST PUNCH HE GAVE HER.

DO NOT TAKE THIS FIGHT SERIOUSLY. DO NOT TAKE THIS AS CONFIRMATION OF WHO WOULD WIN.

YOU WANNA SEE SUPERMAN GO ALL OUT? YOU SEE THAT WHEN HE FIGHTS DARKSEID.

Don't know why I'm using caps.

MPfly88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just when you thought this thread was euthanized.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mpfly88: I don't get why people bump threads that are long dead.

Archizooom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's almost like that fight with Darkseid was just to set the record straight, and today with the nuclear bombs...that ought to take the wind out of your sails

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

@spiderfan130666: There was no need to bump this thread again, the subject got hashed out a while ago and it's not a current issue at the moment. It's already been proven that Superman wasn't at his best and got a bad case of PIS with a side of WIS.

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163  Edited By Mooty_Pass

Well if Batman said it then it MUST be true. LOL

Anyway seriously the injustice comic is pretty much supposed to be a joke, but it is fact...Wonder Woman can and has beaten Superman. Although I strongly believe if Superman took the time and developed his fighting skills he would mop the floor with Wonder Woman. I feel like it could be said the same for Batman if he was given powers like Wonder Woman or Superman, Batman himself would mop the floor with both of them. BUT that will NEVER happen.

I LOVE Batman and Wonder Woman. PRAISES TO THE BAT GOD HALLELUJAH!! Hahaha just being silly.

Thanks for reading. :-)

SpiderFan130666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@agent41: Sorry, didn't mean to sound that way.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@agent41: And where did I say that Wonder Woman was a helpless ant next to Superman? Just because I think Pre Flashpoint Superman beats PF Wonder Woman after a fight and that New 52 Superman is much more powerful than New 52 Wonder Woman, that doesn't mean I think Wonder Woman is a weakling compared to Superman. It's just that as of now, were it not for Superman's depowerment, then he should be above Wonder Woman more than he was in the previous continuity.

GrandWonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman picked Wonder Woman as their champion because he knew he would beat Superman everytime. Period. Stop being delusional guys and gals.

GrandWonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167  Edited By GrandWonder

Normal Superman

When Wonder Woman was a new recruit, Batman said to Superman that she doesn't have a kryptonite and he needs to take training more seriously since she's vastly more skillful and just as powerful. And again, no kryptonite or red sun. BATMAN SAID SHE'D WHOOPED SUPERMAN EVERYTIME. PERIOD. NOT OPEN TO ANY OTHER INTERPRETATION.

Fast forward to present. Same situation. Superman would lose to Wonder Woman.

Any other interpretation is a pathetic attempt to justify one's delusion while convincing himself/herself that it's just a dream and it never happened. It's like hypnotizing one's self that Superman won that fight so they can go to sleep at night.

Ha ha ha. Pathetic. Really.

kiba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Man I thought this pathetic thread was done

Saint_Sophie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#169  Edited By Saint_Sophie

LOL. Some fo you guys are ignoring that going by Pre Flashpoint versions. Superman already knocked out WW with one hit, to be fair, he was mad. And Diana admitted that she can't beat him. Also, WW's skill is somewhat overrated. She's not THAT skilled. People seem to treat her skill like she's on par with Batman or even Black Canary when she isn't. More so closer to Black Canary. And two, Superman's stronger and that strength gap is enough to close in on the skill gap.

Current WW is a tossup now. What with her new powers and being depowered. Though if SM had his powers it would still be imo and most people's that SM will win a majority.

Of course, she won't be going down without a fight.

xoxo, -Saint Sophie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kiba: Yeah, I don't understand why it keeps getting bumped. The issue already been settled so its pointless.

STELIOS23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SM and WW are my two favorite characters and while it may be fun to debate a vs. between the two basing it off of injustice is well stupid. This comic is based off a game from a poll which batman won. Can Wondy beat Supes, of course. It won't be as easy as all that but yes she can.

MPfly88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It should be worth noting that Wonder Woman literally broke her sword against Supermans arm, but then for some reason he's vulnerable to her thumbs and fists. The writing and power levels in Injustice have always been wildly inconsistent, and if you take anything from this series as writ rule, you are made of stupid.

Archizooom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174  Edited By Archizooom

@mpfly88: The sword wasn't made of the same material as Wonder Woman...what's incoherent is that the shield didn't shatter when she slammed it into his face. God-killing swords typically behave erratically around Superman, otherwise he wouldn't be alive now

Avatar image for deactivated-60ae841330527
    deactivated-60ae841330527

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If we are to assume these are the same characters from the game, why did they bother bringing Superman? Shouldn't the good Wonder Woman just beat Evil Superman too after besting Evil Wonder Woman?

Insertnewname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176  Edited By Insertnewname

No she cant. Like someone explained earlier before superman never goes all out bc of his good nature

Do you guys forgot how much faster he is than her? Or stronger? (If we say the book of infinite feat doesn't count)

Can't clark drop her in a sun?? And so on

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why is this still relevant? The intention of this thread was to start a flame war between Superman fans and Wonder Woman.

@renchamp @saren Any of you guys mind locking this?

kiba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180  Edited By kiba

Yes please lock this

GrandWonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

OK kiddies, time for your lessons about knowing facts. I'm assuming you all can read and comprehend so I'll let the images do the talking.

Batman selected Wonder Woman as their champion. Can't find the comic so I've to skip it.

Part 2 Next

GrandWonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Here's part 2 and the INFAMOUS Hal Jordan thought balloons which is ultimately twisted to give Superman a lame excuse why he lost.

MPfly88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@grandwonder:

Whether you like it or not, Hal's thought bubble was the narrative's intent to explain why he was getting his ass kicked. That and she's his Lois stand in.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187  Edited By Lvenger

@mpfly88: Some people never learn do they? Even when the answer is laid out in front of them.

GrandWonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188  Edited By GrandWonder

Yay. Now I can finish my post. Was waiting for someone to reply. Prepare to have your lame excuses demolished.

THIS IS WHAT KILLED YOUR ARGUMENTS IN THE FIRST PLACE. So whatever Hal Jordan said, it doesn't matter because Batman said the truth. And I would worry about a Superman who does not hold back and kills than someone who doesn't. Comprende? No more excuses please.

GrandWonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190  Edited By GrandWonder

You can find New 52 feats here so I wonder what's the crying about Injustice about?

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/wonder-woman-179/new-52-wonder-woman-respect-thread-1631231/?page=1

MPfly88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yay. Now I can finish my post. Was waiting for someone to reply. Prepare to have your lame excuses demolished.

THIS IS WHAT KILLED YOUR ARGUMENTS IN THE FIRST PLACE. So whatever Hal Jordan said, it doesn't matter because Batman said the truth. And I would worry about a Superman who does not hold back and kills than someone who doesn't. Comprende? No more excuses please.

Um I'm not sure what you were trying to prove with this post. Batman makes the accusation here that Superman would pull his punches because he doesn't have the heart to beat Diana. He wouldn't give it his best. Which is pretty much what happened in the actual fight. As evidenced by Hal's dialogue and Superman admitting he was holding back for her after his arm got broken, he didn't give his best. That's pretty much been acknowledged by both Wonder Woman and Superman fans at this point. You're the odd man out because you're a prime example of a hater. I never use that term because 99% of the time "hater" means someone who has a different viewpoint than yours, but this one of those rare times you stumble upon someone who is an actual hater who likes to start trouble, and only gets attention from people who got nothing better to do.

GrandWonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192  Edited By GrandWonder

@mpfly88:

Yawn. Superman lost. Time to move on hahaha.

SpiderFan130666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheExile285

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 4

This is rich. I knew this would be the next scene in the pro Batman fanfiction.

Batman defeats Diana, Cheetah, Circe. In the cartoon he seduces Cheetah, has Diana drooling for him and Circe as his fangirl.

Superman gets defeated by all of them.

To put the cherry on top, Batman says that Diana is better/faster, etc than Clark. The guy who gets special treatment is rewarded by looking more feministic than the one who gets destroyed.

It must be so good being a Batman writer. Pure shameless pro soap-opera for their pet character.

Not gonna lie. I got a really good laugh out of this when first read. Then I realized it was basically true and got sad as a Superman.
    SpiderFan130666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@csg_cl: I don't know... about whatever you said about WW and Superman above.

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SpiderFan130666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@csg_cl: Say it all you want.

Changes nothing

Avatar image for deactivated-599b4bc7465db
    deactivated-599b4bc7465db

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

ofc she can beat superman this isnt even a question. she was created to be just as strong as him and any convo on power levels that doesnt address the treatment of the characters by staff/editors and the very obvious forces that would be involved, esp in the late 40's/50's, to make a female character weaker than she was meant to be is a bad one

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Of course she has a great chance to beat Supes. This hasn't changed at all. I just wish they'd have somebody tell Batman he can't beat Superman.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.