Follow

Wonder Woman

Character » Wonder Woman appears in 8719 issues.

The Amazon princess, blessed with god-like super abilities, Wonder Woman is one of Earth's most powerful defenders of peace, justice, and equality and a member of the Justice League. She is considered an archetype for many heroines outside of comic book. Her initial origin depicted her as a clay baby brought to life by patron goddess Aphrodite, but in recent years she has been depicted as the daughter of Zeus and Amazon queen Hippolyta.

Is Wonder Woman the most beautiful in DCU ?

Avatar image for dragonhunter1414
    DragonHunter1414

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Comparison with

Zatanna, Kara Zor-El, Black Canary, Hawkgirl, Big Barda, Lois Lane, Batgirl (Barbara Gordon), Huntress (Helena Bertinelli) , Catwoman , Poison Ivy , Harleen Quinzel , Star Sapphire and Starfire .

HeroUp2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've always had a weird thing for Zatanna especially considering she's a fictional comic book character

makhai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@dragonhunter1414: Do you mean in the eyes of comic readers or in the eyes of characters in her universe?

Spiderman1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No. It's Cassie Sandsmark(Pre-52).

warrior100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

no its Starfire

TheExile285

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By TheExile285

I'd say yes but it is super close with characters like Karen Starr, Poison Ivy and Starfire existing in DCU. This probably should have been a poll.

Avatar image for scorpio_cassadine
    SCORPIO_CASSADINE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes, she was blessed with beauty by the goddess of beauty, love, pleasure and procreation. No other heroine can lay claim to that.

Spiderman1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

WastelandMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 WastelandMan  Online

Nope.

Batman.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e497e3f11e30
    deactivated-5e497e3f11e30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes, she was blessed with beauty by the goddess of beauty, love, pleasure and procreation. No other heroine can lay claim to that.

I agree that WW naturally is more beautiful than the listed DC girls.

But others are also comparable to her , they are also pretty . Supergirl and Black Canary.

sooperfly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

there was a statement in flashpoint where somebody (forgot who it was) said Lois Lane was the most beautiful woman he had ever seen while talking to WW...So I guess Superman has quite the decision to make.

Heatblaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Power Girl or Starfire.....maybe Vixen.

DragonHunter1414

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@makhai said:

@dragonhunter1414: Do you mean in the eyes of comic readers or in the eyes of characters in her universe?

You can say on both if you have a thing to say on both i would want to hear it

makhai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@makhai said:

Well Wonder Woman in the comics is blessed with beauty to match Aphrodite. You can't have that title without being objectively one of the most beautiful, if not THE most beautiful woman on the planet.

That said, beauty is highly subjective. I personally would rate her among my top most attractive characters but I don't think she is the prettiest in relation to my own preferences. Also, artists bring a lot to the table in terms of character beauty. I could think WW is the most attractive in one issue, then completely hate her looks in another because the artists is different. There simply is no easy answer from the perspective of the reader.

dshipp17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes, since she's blessed with the beauty of Aphrodite. My concern is more to do with the question of if she is shallow in any way, given comic fans perception of her having the virtues of compassion and truth, as a couple of examples.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e497e3f11e30
    deactivated-5e497e3f11e30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Black Canary( This one is gives the looks)

Sstar sapphire
    Sstar sapphire
    Supergil (kara)
    Supergil (kara)
    Wonder Woman
    Wonder Woman
    Zatanna
    Zatanna

Avatar image for scorpio_cassadine
    SCORPIO_CASSADINE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@makhai said:
    @dragonhunter1414 said:
    @makhai said:

Well Wonder Woman in the comics is blessed with beauty to match Aphrodite. You can't have that title without being objectively one of the most beautiful, if not THE most beautiful woman on the planet.

That said, beauty is highly subjective. I personally would rate her among my top most attractive characters but I don't think she is the prettiest in relation to my own preferences. Also, artists bring a lot to the table in terms of character beauty. I could think WW is the most attractive in one issue, then completely hate her looks in another because the artists is different. There simply is no easy answer from the perspective of the reader.

There was a Sensation Comics story where she lost her beautiful as Aphrodite power and if I recall correctly she had trouble getting people to pay attention to her. That's a sexist notion that's kind of dated, but it made me wonder if Hillary would be as successful as she is if she wasn't a pretty, grandmotherly like lady, with perfect hair and expensive custom made pants suits?

It would be cool if in some parallel universe Diana didn't receive a make-over by Aphrodite and had to look only as good as Hipolyta's ability to sculpt clay. I'm imagining her like a Picasso painting where her face is asymmetrical and homely, her body is malformed and thinking of how that would effect her mission in Man's World.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c901e667a76c
    deactivated-5c901e667a76c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

There's at least six on that list I'd rank higher than her.

TheExile285

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#19  Edited By TheExile285

@makhai said:
    @dragonhunter1414 said:
    @makhai said:

There was a Sensation Comics story where she lost her beautiful as Aphrodite power and if I recall correctly she had trouble getting people to pay attention to her. That's a sexist notion that's kind of dated, but it made me wonder if Hillary would be as successful as she is if she wasn't a pretty, grandmotherly like lady, with perfect hair and expensive custom made pants suits?

It would be cool if in some parallel universe Diana didn't receive a make-over by Aphrodite and had to look only as good as Hipolyta's ability to sculpt clay. I'm imagining her like a Picasso painting where her face is asymmetrical and homely, her body is malformed and thinking of how that would effect her mission in Man's World.

For the Sensation Comics issue,

Didn't that just turn out to be an illusion by Dr. Psycho?

Avatar image for batgod123triumphs
    Batgod123Triumphs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

no its Starfire

No Caption Provided

yes to new52 starfire , earth one wonder woman is good looking

No Caption Provided

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@makhai said:
    @dragonhunter1414 said:
    @makhai said:

I agree, mostly, I think the idea is that she is supposed to be the most beautiful woman on the planet, but artists depictions vary greatly and some people just prefer blonds or redheads.

DragonHunter1414

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@csg_cl: apart from blonds or redheads preference thing it also a costume thing. wonder woman does not wear tights normally . i like catwoman and star sapphire because their outfit is hot and canary also .

ganon15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sstar sapphire
    Sstar sapphire
    Supergil (kara)
    Supergil (kara)
    Wonder Woman
    Wonder Woman
    Zatanna
    Zatanna

What he said^

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@csg_cl: apart from blonds or redheads preference thing it also a costume thing. wonder woman does not wear tights normally . i like catwoman and star sapphire because their outfit is hot and canary also .

I would argue that the outfit doesn't make the woman, but I see your point.

DragonHunter1414

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By DragonHunter1414

@csg_cl: yes the outfit can be changed

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.