Follow

Wonder Woman

Character » Wonder Woman appears in 8808 issues.

The Amazon princess, blessed with god-like super abilities, Wonder Woman is one of Earth's most powerful defenders of peace, justice, and equality and a member of the Justice League. She is considered an archetype for many heroines outside of comic book. Her initial origin depicted her as a clay baby brought to life by patron goddess Aphrodite, but in recent years she has been depicted as the daughter of Zeus and Amazon queen Hippolyta.

Is Wonder Woman bulletproof?

• 115 results
    Cruel_Cosmos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

She blocks bullets rather than tanking them, so I guess she isn't, but she's also survived hits from Superman. How does her super durability work?

Avatar image for deactivated-599b4bc7465db
    deactivated-599b4bc7465db

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

she is just not as durable as a kryptonian and her blocking bullets are really to demonstrate her reflexes more than anything else

Avatar image for avatar_of_green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5e497e3f11e30
    deactivated-5e497e3f11e30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes WW is bulletproof totally .

Avatar image for deactivated-59dfd33ed3601
    deactivated-59dfd33ed3601

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes, she is bulletproof. She took bullets from Deadshot head on.

Avatar image for linsanel_doctor
    linsanel_Doctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes, she is bulletproof. She took bullets from Deadshot head on.

/thread

dshipp17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8  Edited By dshipp17

No, she's not bulletproof; this can seem confusing to new or younger comic book fans, because DC has allowed all writers to stop writing stories involving her weaknesses, mostly since the start of the pre-crisis period (and, also, by people who read certain runs from the post-crisis period such as Perez and Rucka, but, people who have really not studied her in dept, where these people give the impression that they're fully verse in Wonder Woman; or, they may be, but, chose to mislead new readers, preferring to be apart of those who want her distanced from her weaknesses); initially, the motive from dc seems to have been to distance her from her bondage reputation left by her creator, Marston, even though most new people who get into her, after researching her background, would learn of such a reputation, such as myself.

Avatar image for linsanel_doctor
    linsanel_Doctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd say even Aquaman is bulletproof.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

WW can take a lot of hits but she definitely is bulletproof if u hit her with a lot of fire power though she may run out of her magical juice that provides durability.

IT is highly inconsistent and most of the times it is shown that she deflects them from her bracelets.

Also she can survive a nuclear blast but then she lost her powers and required healing from Hessia so there are some limits to her durability.

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd say even Aquaman is bulletproof.

I remember him bleeding a bit from bullet to head in New 52.

ganon15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 ganon15  Online
    No Caption Provided

Avatar image for racksonracksonracks
    racksonracksonracks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@agent41: idk seems like she has more will power to push through it than supergirl or superman but she doesnt seem to be THAT invulnerable but ofc this depends on the writer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@agent41: U are mistaken one nuke and ww lost her powers one nuke in nw52 superman gained more power he basically absorbed the radiation from the blast although it caused him to overpower and that burned his skin cells .

But since ww lost her powers that is her limit. for now.

TheExile285

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 4

@ganon15 said:
    No Caption Provided

This is amazing. Do you know what it's from?

Heatblaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

katanalauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think her being weak to bullet/piercing might be conceptional, instead of physical.

It could tie to her amazonian origin.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@agent41: She did lose her powers in superman/wonderwoman when they started the chain reaction from wws swords that is why superman has to fly her to hessia.

TheExile285

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#24  Edited By TheExile285
    dshipp17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By dshipp17

@agent41 said:

@dshipp17: Piercing weapons were never a weakness. only a susceptible point. Also Perez and Ruka are Post Crisis not Pre Crisis. And you need to give them a break, always bringing them up in all debates.

Sure, I meant post-crisis and edit made; I don't pick on Perez and Rucka at all; I usually only talk about them in response to others, when I say my preference is for the styles of Marston and Messner-Loebs; and, I've said that there were parts of Rucka's run that I like, as the only post-crisis writer to use Dr. Psycho seriously and room Wonder Woman with Ferdinand; I said I liked his run up until the Medusa Arc and beyond; I didn't like the Maxwell Lord thing and trying to establish him as a better psychic than Dr. Psycho; thing is, Rucka both gave Wonder Woman too easy victories, in common with Perez, and severely overpowered Wonder Woman outside existing cannon set at the time by Matt Wagner and in For the Man Who Has Everything, two things that I didn't like and things that steal the joy from her stories for me. Piercing weapons were very much a weakness for Wonder Woman and is something stated in her original origin; DC has just not revisited her weaknesses for so long that it's easy for people to get confused and now believe she has no known weaknesses; as I stated, that's a reason for her weakness in sales compared to Batman and Superman, that, and the fact that DC continues to allow writers the freedom to pass on involving her arch-nemesis, Dr. Psycho in most of her stories.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@agent41 said:

@vegetassgss: Like i said to another user. Concept influenced by Achilles heel. As a character based on the greek mythology, it's not a surprise. Achille was invulnerable except for that spot in his heel, Wonder Woman is extremely durable to blunt force and energy attacks, but more susceptible to piercing damage, although she still is far more resistent to piercing damage than any peak human, as she has taken things as getting a big hole in her stomach by a magic sword, being shot through the heart, etc and kept on fighting, things that would have killed a human. So her durability to physical and energy attacks is top tier level, which is why she has been capable of taking hits from superman strength class characters for 75 years, and her skin is less resistent to piercing but still far more resistent to it than humans.

Totally agreed.

She also has a great healing factor and i think she can take bullets to her body and walk it of.

dshipp17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By dshipp17
    Saint_Sophie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@ganon15 said:
    No Caption Provided

It all makes sense now. Mind blown.

xoxo, -Saint Sophie

dshipp17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By dshipp17

@agent41 said:

@dshipp17: Ruka did not overpower WW, Marston version remains the strongest version. And Ruka and perez did not give her easi victories all the time. She had difficult fights in both runs. With Perez having her go through some of her best and most difficult battles. dr psycho is not her archi-nemesis. Circe should be, then Cheetah should be an anti-hero, and ddr psycho should be a villan for a while until she changes him and turns him into a good person, and that's it.

Also piercing weapons were never a weakness, Pre and Post crisis she could take piercing damage far better than humans, she was more durable against blunt force and energy attacks, but her durability to piercing(although not as hgh as her durability to the other types of damage) was still high enough for her to take piercing damage that would kill any human. Her real weakness was being tied up by a man, and using the lasso against her.

Dr. Psycho is clearly her arch-nemesis and, yes, she should eventually use her compassion and loving submission to turn him good one day; her sales would have been steadily great, had DC just simply used Dr. Psycho as they used Luthor and Joker, and still could be a very quick and logical fix that they could start implementing in the upcoming issue; would not even be close to difficult; Circe just has no real connection to Wonder Woman to be anything more than a fair-weather villain; sure, Cheetah being the chosen villain is a reason for most of her lingering struggles with the comic book community; please, give some examples of where Wonder Woman struggled to get a victory in Perez's run and Rucka's run, minus the Medusa Arc, though I strongly disagree that it was a real struggle, especially as compared to material from produced from Messner-Loebs, Alan Moore, and Matt Wagner; maybe even in comparison to Marston. Compared to what was immediately before, through 30 years before, Rucka clearly overpowered Wonder Woman. Don't know what you're talking about in regards to the piercing except something you'd like to see; it's clearly in her original origin that bullets are her weakness and the reason that she blocks bullets with her bracelets.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

She's bulletproof, one way or ther other.

Before Flashpoint (vs Deadshot):

No Caption Provided

Now (more Deadshot):

No Caption Provided

dshipp17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By dshipp17

@agent41 said:

@dshipp17: Sorry but dr psycho is C-list at best. Circe is the real answer for the next WW's blockbuster series along with Cheetah, who is actually iconic, dr-psycho is a nobody specially outside comic audience.

WW struggled in fights during Perez against Cheetah, Shin -Tar, Ares, Decay, etc. In Ruka is the same, she had difficulty when fighting Gods, Superman, Zoom, etc. Stop reaching. Marston WW would beat Perez and Ruka WW based on feats. Seems like you always complain about WW, because you want her weak, beaten to a pulp all the time while half naked and being tied up. Take the fanfics somewhere else.

Piering weapons have never beeen life threat to her. She has taken piercing damage that would have easily killed any human.

Reality belies your assertions about Circe and Cheetah. DC has pushed Cheetah as the main villain for Wonder Woman since the Superfriends, so, clearly, given Wonder Woman's lingering problems with sales, pushing her further is not going to suddenly spring forth a blockbuster. Circe was being pushed for large parts of the post-crisis era, second only to Cheetah, so, pushing her further is not going to spring forth a blockbuster either; and, clearly, I'm proposing Dr. Psycho, because he's the one of the 3 who hasn't received a push; but, Dr. Psycho was the high point of the JMS/Hester run and a reason for Rucka's run being fondly remembered, being the only writer to even sample Dr. Psycho in a serious manner in the entire history of Wonder Woman; I'm just proposing logic start to enter the picture; all you're proposing DC do is something DC has done repeatedly since the 1980s, really as the latest attempt to distance her from her bondage reputation, which has proven to be a failure; I'm asking DC to finally introduce Wonder Woman's Joker and Luthor, Dr. Psycho. Sure, had Joker and Luthor not received the devotion and effort, but, the same treatment as Dr. Psycho, one would probably perceive Joker and Luthor as c or even d-list villains (e.g. come on, a clown as a superhero's arch-villain? Who would have thunk, but, that's where creativity can sometimes get you).

I'll give you Cheetah, but Wonder Woman did not struggle much against Decay in Perez's run; I actually just reviewed that in preparation for responding to one of your prior posts; yes, Ares was a challenge; but, Shir-Tar was not, but, basically, a made up character which could have been devoted to being creative enough to make Dr. Psycho a challenge; surely you can see, even being agreeable fully with you, those are only 4 examples out of 63 issues, and where I got the perception that Perez never challenged her. Yes, Rucka's infamous use of Superman with PIS, given the immediate past with For The Man Who Has Everything; I don't count that; and Zoom? Come on, we need him to focus on making Wonder Woman's rogues a challenge, essentially, back to Dr. Psycho from Rucka; he had, what, about 30 issues? Yet, nearly all of 36 issues from Messner-Loebs yielded a challenge for Wonder Woman and only around 4 issues out of 4 or 5 for Alan Moore and Matt Wagner. I don't always want Wonder Woman beaten to a pulp, as I want Dr. Psycho as her main villain; but, I do want to see her occasionally flogged and spanked; yes, half naked and tied would be good.

Messner-Loebs did a good arc with Mayfly involving a piercing weapon affecting Wonder Woman as intended. Yes, she should have a much greater resistance to bullets than regular humans; I just said a weakness and preferable to being bulletproof, as she is not.

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

she is just not as durable as a kryptonian and her blocking bullets are really to demonstrate her reflexes more than anything else

Indeed ... her blocking bullets was essentially a way to show her amazing skill back in the 1940s. It's similar to saying SM was "faster than a speeding bullet" or "more powerful than a locomotive" etc ... Marston used the bracelets to literally show that WW was in fact faster than a speeding bullet. After Marstons death this skill started being showcased as a weakness to piercing weapons to add drama to the comic.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ecstaticgrace: thats not true if anything they exist in a realm where they can be anything the writer makes.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ecstaticgrace: not really. they are harmed by whatever the writers want them to be harmed by. there have been instances where its clear that she can only be harmed by people that are strong enough to wield certain weapons or if weapons are magically tampered with or created. her weakness to bullets as stated somewhere above only rose to create tension in her comics after they lost her original weakness and some times writers have her immune to it and other times they have it hurt her(sometimes fatally, sometimes it barely registers).

very rarely is anything outside of her strength been well defined and basically been left up to the writers discretion

Klaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ecstaticgrace: It's already been shown in current continuity that she is bulletproof. The scan above with her just standing there tanking the bullets is one example.

Avatar image for BappyRonChantin
    BappyRonChantin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ganon15 said:
    No Caption Provided

I don't get the joke, what's so funny about bullets bouncing off a woman's tits?

Archizooom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

She wasn't bulletproof in the script of Whedon's defunct Wonder Woman movie, she took a bullet and almost flatlined, went into a coma for a few hours

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ecstaticgrace: there was an issue in sensation where she took a bullet and it was relatively benign, i think theres some other times where she has taken bullets and there was no problem, some references in comics have made a clear statement about how only magical weaponry can pierce her skin(like in the Circle) but ofc the other side of them harming her seem to have happened before too so from that we can pretty much see there is no hard and fast rule that Diana is bulletproof or not, its really inconsistent and depends on the writer(like alot about her) so thats why i mentioned power levels depending on writers. overall she seems to treat them like a bee sting or some nuisance as opposed to anything fatal unless its godly designed and given her regeneration factor that makes it even less of a problem id imagine at the same time its kinda hard to ever tell because if a bullet does hit her then that takes away from her agility/reaction feat that comes with bullets and bracelets

@archizooom:i dont know if we should count a defunct script from 2006 tho esp since it never got picked up

Archizooom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@willienotwilliam: yeah but it shows that, like you said, there's no established rule as to whether or not she's bulletproof, as with all things Wonder Woman-- she's quite malleable, like clay interestingly

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.