Follow

Wonder Woman

Character » Wonder Woman appears in 8805 issues.

The Amazon princess, blessed with god-like super abilities, Wonder Woman is one of Earth's most powerful defenders of peace, justice, and equality and a member of the Justice League. She is considered an archetype for many heroines outside of comic book. Her initial origin depicted her as a clay baby brought to life by patron goddess Aphrodite, but in recent years she has been depicted as the daughter of Zeus and Amazon queen Hippolyta.

How powerful is Current Wonder Woman?

• 193 results
    Avatar image for New_World_Order
    New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By New_World_Order

I heard that she is close to Superman's physical strength, and that when she takes off her braclets, she is extremly powerful.

colonyofcells

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By colonyofcells

Wonder Woman is maybe as powerful as Zeus who is maybe as powerful as Highfather and Darkseid. Wonder woman can probably beat Superman, Hercules and Thor.

theOVOXO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By theOVOXO

She is pretty powerful. She did give Artemis a good beating in issue 12 without the cuffs on. This makes me believe that she might be the strongest child of Zeus. Although I would like to see her battle the first born, who seems really powerful.

With the cuffs on she as able to give Hal Jordan some trouble, and he looked like he was trying to best her.

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By z3ro180

I don't think she more powerful than superman she close but. But she can kick his ass due to her being trained as a warrior for her entire life. So to round up no she not more powerful than him but she can kick his ass five ways to Sunday .

Epicbeast3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By Epicbeast3000

@colonyofcells: She is not as powerful as zeus, not even close. She still is weaker than superman and thor, but could give them a good fight and could beat them in a incredibly hard fight.

lorex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#6  Edited By lorex

I have always like the description of her powers as being able to trade punches with Superman but not able beat him on strength alone. It is her training and skill that can at time depending on the situation allow her to overcome him.

a88378438

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By a88378438

@Epicbeast3000: WTF?!thor?wrong

thor never as strong as wonder woman,Superman,wonder woman both stronger than thor

Epicbeast3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Epicbeast3000
    @a88378438: Thor lifted the world tree, which included Earth's weight making it weigh atleast six sextillion tons. He can hit harder, he has destroyed planets and planetoids, Superman's biggest destructive feat is destroying half a moon, and in that he nearly died. You can argue all about it, but Thor and Superman are equal. That is your opinion though, It is hard to compare characters in completely different universes. It basically becomes a battle of which people fighting over their favorite characters. 
    a88378438

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By a88378438

@Epicbeast3000: world tree,Is the concept of myth, how do you calculate it and earth as heavy? comic have proof?scan it

Epicbeast3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Epicbeast3000
    @a88378438: Thor defeated a glory, a skyfather level being. When has wonder woman ever defeat a being even close to skyfather lvl of power. Thor is far more versatile. Thor destroyed a planet with his punches. When has wonder woman ever done that.
    a88378438

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By a88378438

@Epicbeast3000: defeated a skyfather this not a strength feats,any skyfather Impressive feat from energy attack,like odin can destroy galaxy,but odin can;t move planet with his hands,never happen in the comic

and,where thor destroy planet with punches?even this really happen in the comic,This really isn't a great feat, because even the Gladiator can do this,and Gladiator Already in the forum proved to be weaker than superman or WW

Epicbeast3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Epicbeast3000
    @a88378438: What proof do you have that gladiator is weaker than superman or ww, because I believe if he has fairly high confidence, he is on their level. Plus destroying a planet with a single punch is far greater than pulling a planet, yet Thor has pulled a thing as heavy as what supes and ww pulled . 
    Midgard serpent, it was long enough to wrap around the earth multiple times, and was thicker than pacific ocean. So according to its size and thickness, it should have weight around 2 sextillion tons, same weight as 1 3rd of the planet which ww moved. Plus Odin can  move a planet due to him amping his strength with magic far beyond supes or ww, please dont tell me supes can beat Odin in a armwrestle. Here are some feats of Thor destroying planets. Beta ray bil destroyed a planet, who is equal to thor.
    darkman61288

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By darkman61288

@a88378438: @Epicbeast3000: the power to destroy a planet is insufficant next to the power of the Force just saying.

a88378438

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By a88378438

@Epicbeast3000: gladiator just destroy a old,droop planet,and destroy planet can't prove anything,DBZ all charater can,but GOku just can lift 40 tons,so even can destroy planet this not mean this charater can lift planet weight or something

Epicbeast3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Epicbeast3000
    @a88378438: What is your proof that goku can lift 40 tons, and a forty tonner cant destroy a planet. Heck a forty tonner couldnt level a mountain. DBZ is not even close to marval or dc comic lvl of logic. You make no sense. You are just a hater.
    Epicbeast3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Epicbeast3000
    @a88378438: An old planet is still a planet.
    Avatar image for redheadedatrocitus
    RedheadedAtrocitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

Until Wonder Woman can perform this feat, she is nowhere near Superman's current strength level.

a88378438

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By a88378438
    No Caption Provided

@Epicbeast3000: here give you

look this,this your thor
    look this,this your thor

see?

destroy planet with nothing can prove this charater can lift planet or something

here thor feats

No Caption Provided

thor even not superman/wonder woman level

@RedheadedAtrocitus said:

Until Wonder Woman can perform this feat, she is nowhere near Superman's current strength level.

a88378438

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By a88378438

@RedheadedAtrocitus:

that too foolish,just superman lift earth weight so if you want to prove other charater also can lift earth weight,you must be scan The same thing

why ww need lift earth just to prove she was superman strength level?just "show us she how strength"?

ah....and lift earth weight feats was nothing match supergirl feats

RedheadedAtrocitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@a88378438: I use that example because that's relevant to New 52 currently..the pictures you show are pre-Flashpoint which have no relevance to current continuity and therefore cannot be used for comparison here. The question asks how powerful is CURRENT Wonder Woman, so therefore I'm going on the assumption so far that strength wise Diana hasn't been able to pull off a feat like Superman's yet. Doesn't mean she CAN'T, she just hasn't been written and illustrated as such yet in the current reality so, I'm afraid its not foolish for me to have used that here.

a88378438

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By a88378438

@RedheadedAtrocitus: ww strength even in the new 52,she was superman level

No Caption Provided

and,in the pre-crisis,WW removing her bracelets would temporarily augment her power tenfold,so,maybe new 52 ww removing her bracelets also can augment her strength ,10X or 1,2,3,4...

however,In my point of view.WW(have bracelets) was close to superman strength

ww(no bracelets)she would be as strong as superman,i don't think lift earth weight was trouble for her

RedheadedAtrocitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@a88378438: Operative word being "maybe" here in what you say...that is IF Brian Azzarello and other future writers would script her in consistency to her pre-Flashpoint incarnation. In other words, I'm not denying what you are saying could be true, but until we actually see a quantifiable description of Diana's power then we still have to assume Superman is more powerful, just like we don't know beyond a shadow of a doubt certainty that Supergirl is more powerful (even if its stated in in the comic that she might be by being exposed to sun directly.

a88378438

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By a88378438
    No Caption Provided

@RedheadedAtrocitus: supergirl not more powerful..

and,yeah,...you are right,but,when WW removing her bracelets,she was more powerful than before,we are don't know she augment how many,but put her on the superman strength level was save

when have this scan..(she has braceletes)

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/6/67718/2478258-jl__11___page_16.jpg

a88378438

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By a88378438
    No Caption Provided

supergirl not more powerful than superman,but powergirl was be..as strong as superman in new 52!

Epicbeast3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Epicbeast3000

@a88378438: Thats a low end feat for thor, Why dont you show his high end feats, and compare them with superman's, unlike showing Thor's low end feat and showing ww and supes' high end feats.

a88378438

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By a88378438

@Epicbeast3000: thor feats?You say to lift the world tree, the tree is only a concept of myth, the same Hercules lifted " sky ", the abstract is not the weight, if you use this feat, Superman also lift unlimited pages

ThanosIsMad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By ThanosIsMad

She schooled Supergirl in the most recent issue of Superboy and in all likelihood, will continue to school Supergirl when their fight continues in Kara's book, so WW should be as strong as she always was: second to Superman.

a88378438

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By a88378438

@ThanosIsMad: in fact,in the new 52,Wonder woman look like beat supergirl.though this new comic..

Hoenhime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Hoenhime

@a88378438: All wonder woman feats you have shown are pre new 52, new 52 ww, superman, flash are much weaker that what they once were. And the op asked current WW strength so only new 52 version matters because whatever happened pre flashpoint never really happened in the new DCnU universe. And present wonderwoman has shown no feat that can be compared to Thor's or even supermans. So Diana beat Artimis, big deal. I am pretty sure Artimis isnt the strongest of the olympians, Ares, Apollo, Posiedon and Hades are no doubght stronger than her(Ares infact trained WW and Apollo is new king of gods not Artemis and he was also able to easily depower Hera and banish her to earth), and WW could only beat her when she removed her bracelets, and you say without bracelets WW is 10 times stronger? How can you prove that? Has she ever said that, and if she has is it still relevent in new 52? And no, WW isnt even close to the power of Zeus/Odin, infact both Zeus and Odin could take onn Thor and New 52 supes and WW all together and still win.

Epicbeast3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Epicbeast3000

@a88378438: What about Beta Ray Bill, destroying a planet. Or Thor destroying a planet. Or Thor pulling the midgard serpent. Or thor CRUSHING adamantium.

colonyofcells

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By colonyofcells

Wonder Woman removing her bracelets was able to beat Artemis. My guess is if Wonder Woman removes her bracelets and panties, she can beat Superman and Thor too.

a88378438

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By a88378438

@Epicbeast3000: destroy planet<move planet,Energy attack is not equal to the physical strength,untill thor really move a planet with his hands i could be belive thor strength level was superman level

and,midgard serpent,could you can tell me how much tons?scan?Are some guesses was not a point

Epicbeast3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Epicbeast3000
    @a88378438: Well, it was longer than the planet and as thick as countries, so its safe to say it weighs atleast 1/3rd of the planet.
    oceanmaster21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By oceanmaster21

ok superman is very strong now nobody is saying thor is weak he hes very power yes some ppl underestimate him some dont he is very powerful but wonderwoman is no joke she is just as strong as superman personaly i think wonderwoman cud beat thor after a long long brutall battle but she can do it now its very possible that thor can beat wonderwoman i mean he has a lot of indurance he fought the frost giants for 9 months straight on there world by himself with no rest now not alot of ppl can do that so let say thor and wonderwoman get into it let say its 1 outta 10 fights i say its 5 outta 5 for both teams even tho im a wonder woman fanboy i can be honest and say thor gets just as many as she dose

colonyofcells

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By colonyofcells

My guess is Thor will easily lose to Wonder Woman bec. Wonder Woman can easily kick the balls of Thor.

Press Oblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Press Oblivion

Poor Thor . . . when a Full God doesn't have a chance against a half God and an alien, what hope is there?

Press Oblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Press Oblivion

@colonyofcells said:

Wonder Woman removing her bracelets was able to beat Artemis. My guess is if Wonder Woman removes her bracelets and panties, she can beat Superman and Thor too.

YEAH! I wanna see that in a live action reinterpretation on the big screen!

gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By gokuwarrior

@Hoenhime: new 52 superman proved that he can lift the earth,he is stronger than his pre 52 version,new 52 wonder woman defeated supergirl easely,she was holding back with bracelets on,and still owned supergirl,wonder woman never had a problem fighting artemis before taking her bracelets because she never fought her before that,and wonder woman stated that she was going to be more serious this time,it's obious that when she takes off her bracelets she gets a boost in power,and we still don't know the limits of wonder woman power,so just wait,much more feats will come in the next issues of her comic and Jl comics,we'll see more of her power level then.

a88378438

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By a88378438
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

@gokuwarrior: supergirl says wonder woman as strong as superman;but not stronger than him

.................when ww has bracelets!!!

gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By gokuwarrior

@a88378438: true.

a88378438

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By a88378438

@gokuwarrior:i think that mean when ww no bracelets could be stronger than superman

Press Oblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Press Oblivion

bingo!

Epicbeast3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theovoxo: Ares the is the strongest child of Zeus.

colonyofcells

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I thought First Born is the strongest child of Zeus ?

theOVOXO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By theOVOXO

I said she might the strongest child of Zeus. According to WW #13, Diana may be a new child of Zeus to be on a god's level. Also, in JL #19 they note her and Superman the strongest beings on the planet.

Regarding the bracelets, we still don't know all the details. But in the upcoming issue of WW, she might get rematch with Artemis. So maybe she'll go god mode again.

PowerWoman456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theovoxo: New 52 wonder woman at least can lift earth weight,because if superman can easily lift it,wonder woman would be done it too,she close to superman in strength

P.S,come on,thor or gladiator not superman strength level,even not close,destroy planet so what?can you tell me that need how much strength do it?

Just fanboys fantasy.

redwing9111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By redwing9111

wonder woman is hell'o powerful she the god of war now and she is blessed by other gods also daughter of an amazon and Zeus she is legit the combination of the Greek power

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
    deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This thread is a mess. I would say she is definitely a lot weaker than her pre new 52 version. And her new 52 version isn't on the same level as superman physically. Yeah, in stories and in superdoom she can give him a good fight, and she should be able to all the time, but based on feats he should win every time after a long fight.

Comicuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324 said:

This thread is a mess. I would say she is definitely a lot weaker than her pre new 52 version. And her new 52 version isn't on the same level as superman physically. Yeah, in stories and in superdoom she can give him a good fight, and she should be able to all the time, but based on feats he should win every time after a long fight.

youre misspeaking. She isnt weaker, she just hasnt tried to lift anything extremely heavy yet.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
    deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comicuser: So we assume she is weaker. Until she lifts somethingsomething as heavy, she's weaker. Just because she hasn't tried to lift something extremely heavy yet doesn't mean she can. We can't assume so unless she does it.

Perhaps she hasn't lifted anything super heavy yet is because she can't. She's not on the planetary level of strength like superman so far.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.