Follow

Wonder Woman

Character » Wonder Woman appears in 8805 issues.

The Amazon princess, blessed with god-like super abilities, Wonder Woman is one of Earth's most powerful defenders of peace, justice, and equality and a member of the Justice League. She is considered an archetype for many heroines outside of comic book. Her initial origin depicted her as a clay baby brought to life by patron goddess Aphrodite, but in recent years she has been depicted as the daughter of Zeus and Amazon queen Hippolyta.

How I'd write wonder woman

Avatar image for deactivated-599b4bc7465db
    deactivated-599b4bc7465db

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

costume: red boots(no heels),short sleeved red armor, dark blue or black shorts, a golden double w belt, silver bracers, lasso of truth, golden tiara with red star and a golden dove emblazened across her chest

hella ripped btw

Avatar image for darkdetective27
    darkdetective27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 69

Sounds pretty cool.

jphulk26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Me likes. :)

Agent_Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This sounds good.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like the Silver Swan/Veronica Cale evil corporation set up you came up with, gives some interesting dimension to both characters IMO.

Cheetah's pretty good too, it's along the lines of where they took the character's N52 origin which I think is pretty good actually. I like that they took this sort of perverted Amazon-esque cult worshiping a false version of Artemis/Diana the Hunter. I wish they had explored that more in depth since it was such a good start. I'd really like to see Cheetah with her own "nation of Amazons".

For some reason your version of Iron Lady makes me think of this version of Paula Von Gunther, which I think was great fun!

Loading Video...

Dr. Psycho, I'm not sure, I think your characterization sounds good, but I've always thought he shouldn't be a telepath. Mostly because I liked his "ectoplasm" power better. I think he's much more interesting as the person who can subvert WWs closest friends and enhance them with their own psychic energy. A little like Marvel's Mastermind but with the power to give others powers as well as create mental illusions. Additional bit would be that his "gift" of powers would eventually kill the person as it would drain all of their natural psychic energy so if WW doesn't figure out what's going on they could die.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@csg_cl said:

I like the Silver Swan/Veronica Cale evil corporation set up you came up with, gives some interesting dimension to both characters IMO.

Cheetah's pretty good too, it's along the lines of where they took the character's N52 origin which I think is pretty good actually. I like that they took this sort of perverted Amazon-esque cult worshiping a false version of Artemis/Diana the Hunter. I wish they had explored that more in depth since it was such a good start. I'd really like to see Cheetah with her own "nation of Amazons".

For some reason your version of Iron Lady makes me think of this version of Paula Von Gunther, which I think was great fun!

Loading Video...

Dr. Psycho, I'm not sure, I think your characterization sounds good, but I've always thought he shouldn't be a telepath. Mostly because I liked his "ectoplasm" power better. I think he's much more interesting as the person who can subvert WWs closest friends and enhance them with their own psychic energy. A little like Marvel's Mastermind but with the power to give others powers as well as create mental illusions. Additional bit would be that his "gift" of powers would eventually kill the person as it would drain all of their natural psychic energy so if WW doesn't figure out what's going on they could die.

definitely my inspo lol id want her animated show to look like that i have more original ideas but i just wanted to focus on how id bring everything together first

dshipp17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Wonder Woman should not be immune to Dr. Psycho's powers.

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
    amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 20

sounds cool. but there's some villains you left out. Circe, Giganta, and... there's that Angle-Man guy too, right?

Agent_Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@csg_cl said:

Loading Video...

Whatever powers Psycho has, I think it's best for him not to be a little person. That just seems so backwards in 2015.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dshipp17: he gets no chance to rape her sorry get over it

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Archizooom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Archizooom

I love the idea of Veronica Cale raising an army of Silver Swans, male and female, to launch an invasion of Paradise Island and gain possession of its natural/magical resources, and I also like the idea of tying Black Canary in with that storyline, Dinah's origin story is actually somewhat compatible. She grew up as a street urchin until her sensei took her under his wing. When she came of age she joined a government agency where unbeknown to her they dosed her with a black-diamond mist that gave her the canary cry. In your story, Black Canary could've just been a girl that escaped the clutches of Veronica's human trafficking ring and hitchhiked her way to Gotham to get as far away from Gateway City as possible.

[Flashback to the early 90s] Veronica Cale met Dr.Barbara Minerva when they both joined the Illuminati. Barbara, an archeologist, told Veronica about Paradise Island and how the Amazons had found the formula for the Elixir of Life. Veronica figured that if she could obtain it, she would expand her Beauty Empire, attain eternal life and become the world's wealthiest woman, whereas among other legendary artifacts Cheetah wanted the Girdle of Gaea. Hence they forged an alliance and from that day onwards they colluded to invade Paradise Island. However, Themyscira's invisible shield proved impenetrable so they cut a deal with Felix Faust. Albeit powerful, his magic wasn't up to snuff so Cheetah slashed his throat and left him for dead. She then endeavored to find Circe's Grimoire to summon the witch and strike a faustian bargain, ironically named that way. Circe bore a grudge against Hippolyta, the daughter of Ares, Circe's lover, so she granted Veronica and Barbara her patronage. To each Silver Swan, each voiceless slave, she granted a banshee cry as strong as the pain they harbor. Now their operation is all set and ready to go [to be continued]

Obviously Cheetah has no intention to fight beside Veronica, as soon as the shield's down, she plans to sprint straight towards the Temple at the speed of light, grab the girdle and leave. And Veronica's not stupid, she's got a plan up her sleeve

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By CSG_CL

@agent_z said:
    @csg_cl said:

Loading Video...

Whatever powers Psycho has, I think it's best for him not to be a little person. That just seems so backwards in 2015.

I kind of go back and forth with this ... I don't mind the idea of him being a little person, diversity in comics is in general good IMO, but I don't like the idea of his being a little person being part of his motivation for being evil. If they approached it properly they could make his being a little person an interesting device, something that gave him opportunity in his early career before he lost his grip on humanity and became "psycho". But if they just want to do it so they can have an "evil and bitter midget" then NO he shouldn't be a little person as that's straight up degrading.

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@csg_cl said:

Loading Video...

definitely my inspo lol id want her animated show to look like that i have more original ideas but i just wanted to focus on how id bring everything together first

I wish WW had gotten more screen time in BM BatB ... they did a nice job of owning her history and still making her fun!

AwesomeHobos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Personally I always liked the idea of having Vanessa Kapatelis as the Silver Swan so that Diana could have a really personal villain in that vain. Though that could make a really interesting story intermingled with the idea of the corporation. They're invading Paradise Island, Diana is fighting off the swans when shes gets a glimpse of her and it becomes a mystery. It could work.

With Barbara Minerva though I'd like to see a character more reflective of Diana. I had the idea recently of what if she was an Amazon of the Bana Mighdall before Diana finds them. The goddess that "blesses" Barbara is the goddess the Bana Mighdall pray too and whatnot. So the Cheetah I think could be a reflection of Diana in that instead of a goddess that blesses her it's really a curse and instead of following from faith she follows from fear. She becomes a representation of dishonesty and the pain that comes with it to serve this this crazy goddess.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@awesomehobos: that doesnt really fit the theme cheetah typically goes with i feel itd be better to make that just a different character

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

have her thick, curvy, sultry, powerful.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-59dfd33ed3601
    deactivated-59dfd33ed3601

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just make her body like Big Barda. Big and muscular but not to the point that she looks like a man in drag. Just a female bodybuilder I guess.

ganon15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ganon15: Yeah, a body like Ronda Rousey or Holly Holm will be okay.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@somayareece: shed be tall though like 6'0 but not as tall and muscular as big barda but stronger than her tho basically dodsons take on her would be ideal or maybe a tad bit more muscular

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@agent41: around the same height as superman and Bruce which is what I like

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@willienotwilliam: Now that you mention it, I didn't realize Barda was that much bigger than Diana after seeing pictures. I remember them being the same size when they fought though.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@somayareece: yeah I always picture barda as super big so like 6'4" ish or up.she was meant to be bigger than the typical heroine so like she's a beast(and I don't mean that in a bad way)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@willienotwilliam: Barda is actually 7'0". New Gods are suppose to be that big though. Barda would be the same size as Galactus in her true form.

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@somayareece: Wait Wut. Galactus can change height and stuff and his usually varies between 50 feet to a few hundreds of thousands. And I think Barda is 6 ft 8.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nerevarine_11: If anyone was to get to Apokalips without using a boomtube then the New Gods would appear as giants which is their true form. Her bio says 7 feet.

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@somayareece: now I remember, didn't Orion say that? I mean haven't other people traveled to Apolokips or New Genesis under their own power

Abishai100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Gender Goalkeeping

I would definitely highlight Wonder Woman's contributions to gender dialogue. After all, she's the ultimate super-heroine. I'd also like connecting her to Supergirl in as many ways as possible.

People like folkloric imagination about gender powers and female magic, and there are even weird/unusual folk tales about strange women doing strange things (i.e., the old woman who lived in a shoe), so I like the idea of bringing that artistic interest out in Wonder Woman storyboarding.

I think above all Wonder Woman (DC Comics) was created to endorse a kind of 'bootstraps ethic' in American culture, so even modern-day stories about her should illuminate similar values/ideas. After all, feminists today use words like, "Hillary Clinton is a sort of Wonder Woman."

Old Woman in the Shoe (Folk Tale)

No Caption Provided

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.