Follow

Wonder Woman

Character » Wonder Woman appears in 8808 issues.

The Amazon princess, blessed with god-like super abilities, Wonder Woman is one of Earth's most powerful defenders of peace, justice, and equality and a member of the Justice League. She is considered an archetype for many heroines outside of comic book. Her initial origin depicted her as a clay baby brought to life by patron goddess Aphrodite, but in recent years she has been depicted as the daughter of Zeus and Amazon queen Hippolyta.

Has Wonder Woman ever been attacked with a grenade?

lightsout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

...or similar explosive shell?

There's been a lot of talk about her invulnerability and the separation of concussive & piercing forces. This is a very vague question & maybe hard to locate an instance of this, but if we can see the result we may be able to see how consistent writers have been with her weakness (since a grenade both has a concussive blast and shrapnel that would pierce you. If WW was cut/hurt by the shrapnel, then they are on top of their game)

gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By gokuwarrior

@lightsout:

she has taken nukes and regular bombs unharmed,i think a granade isn't a true piercing weapons.

lightsout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@gokuwarrior: I'm no expert, but grenades are specifically designed to produced shrapnel to further injury the enemy (and those tiny metal pieces would cut/pierce). I would think with a larger bomb there wouldn't be much of it's casing left (incinerated by the blast) - especially with a nuke. Even if this ever happened I don't expect someone to know an issue # offhand, but I figured it couldn't hurt to ask.

KnightRise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lightsout:

she has taken nukes and regular bombs unharmed,i think a granade isn't a true piercing weapons.

Grenade shoots shrapnel to my knowledge. Shrapnel=piercing

gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

She can probably block them regardless.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.