Follow

Wonder Woman

Character » Wonder Woman appears in 8808 issues.

The Amazon princess, blessed with god-like super abilities, Wonder Woman is one of Earth's most powerful defenders of peace, justice, and equality and a member of the Justice League. She is considered an archetype for many heroines outside of comic book. Her initial origin depicted her as a clay baby brought to life by patron goddess Aphrodite, but in recent years she has been depicted as the daughter of Zeus and Amazon queen Hippolyta.

Gal Gadot Reveals New Wonder Woman Image

• 124 results
    Ruvik_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

Looks good

_ANDY_CAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Of course when you can't come up with a reasonable debate you look for punctuation errors.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

Im excited but what's on her neck?

Site is slow on news as well..

You mean her hair?

Avatar image for scorpio_cassadine
    SCORPIO_CASSADINE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Of course when you can't come up with a reasonable debate you look for punctuation errors.

A debate on what? The lack of diversity in the cast, or the fact they're mostly over 30? That should be plain for all to see.

Jean_Dezem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, they know what they're doing.

No Caption Provided

TheExile285

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 4

Please be good, please be good

TheJman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Still not an actor..sigh.

TheJman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_stegman said:

The cast so far.

No Caption Provided

That's the whitest group of white folks I've seen in a long time. Where's the Idris Elba as Heimdall, Michael B. Jordan as Human Torch, Laurence Fishburn as Perry White, Mechad Brooks as Jimmy Olsen type switcharoo that's seemingly so in vogue right now? Is this depicting a world with no Asians, Latinos, African-Americans or people under 30?

There's nothing about this that says "comic book movie". The sepia tones, the older skewed cast, the lack of diversity, it doesn't look at all exciting. It looks serious and boring and completely without fun. This could easily be the cast of some period piece public television miniseries.

Based on Greek mythology, Greek at mostly white last time I checked.

Avatar image for anabolic_steroid
    anabolic_steroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dr Doom?

AdamFranco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathpoolthet1000: It's does look like plastic, if you look at her forearm the plastic is bending.

Avatar image for lone_wolf_and_cub
    Lone_Wolf_and_Cub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

When they get someone who can act better than a cardboard cutout maybe I'll get excited.

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
    amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 20

just like that scene in Justice League!

alsummers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Also it's WWI for a chunk of the film...................and in London, which, I'm sorry, but for the time, didn't have many "non-white" people.

Still, I'd love to see more diversity, and there's plenty of room to cast it for Themyschira (if they're going to show it enough) and the Modern Times.

Archizooom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think they will add more talent somewhere along the line, for instance I don't think they cast Robin Wright to wish Wonder Woman godspeed and stay in Paradise Island. Furthermore, Hippolyta needs to have a foreign accent akin to Gal Gadot's. Imo Hippolyta fits Monica Bellucci to a tee. I suspect Robin Wright's playing another character, one that she's absolutely perfect for ie Cassandra Cain

SCORPIO_CASSADINE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thejman said:
    @scorpio_cassadine said:
    @the_stegman said:

The cast so far.

No Caption Provided

That's the whitest group of white folks I've seen in a long time. Where's the Idris Elba as Heimdall, Michael B. Jordan as Human Torch, Laurence Fishburn as Perry White, Mechad Brooks as Jimmy Olsen type switcharoo that's seemingly so in vogue right now? Is this depicting a world with no Asians, Latinos, African-Americans or people under 30?

There's nothing about this that says "comic book movie". The sepia tones, the older skewed cast, the lack of diversity, it doesn't look at all exciting. It looks serious and boring and completely without fun. This could easily be the cast of some period piece public television miniseries.

Based on Greek mythology, Greek at mostly white last time I checked.

Really? "Based on" are the operative words. What about Apollo, Artemis and Milan? That's two Olympians and a demigod in current continuity...and all three are Black. As for other current supporting cast members, there's Dessa, Hessia and Etta Candy, they're Black too. Historically there was Phillipus, Nubia, Trevor Barnes, Bobby Barnes, Rebecca, Rachel Keast, Hoppy, Mother Juju, Kane Milohai, Pele, Eubea, I-Ching and Lu Shan. All of them were ethnic minorities that appeared in the Wonder Woman comic, but it appears none of them were good enough to make it into her film, because the cast has been filled to the brim with almost elderly, C-List, Caucasian actors.

Saint_Sophie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

That headband, opps I meant tiara.

Somewhat pumped, I imagine the movie taking place along the lines of something happening on the island which draws her outside to London to find (I presume Ares) whose trying to start conflict or something. Along the way we get flashbacks possibly on her origin and Steve Trevor will either accompany her or be kidnapped shortly after they meet each other. Just spitting out answers and guesses.

It looks like London will probably be a prominent setting.

xoxo, -Saint Sophie

SCORPIO_CASSADINE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It looks like London will probably be a prominent setting.

That's another reason to fall asleep. Yeah all the world is waiting for a sepia toned superhero film set in World War 1 and gray and dreary London. ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Avatar image for deactivated-599b4bc7465db
    deactivated-599b4bc7465db

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

@thejman: Greeks are not white, don't be so american

TheJman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scorpio_cassadine:

That's two Olympians and a demigod in current continuity...and all three are Black

Who said this is solely being based on the current continuity? This most likely is going to be a mix of both old and current runs. As for you using the white washing card there Elena Anaya who actually Latin. So there goes you white wash card, how about doing some research before spewing nonsense. I bet the rest of the cast has more than just WHITE heritage in their bloodline. Anyway based on your comments it just seems like you want to hate this movie no matter what.

OmegaHans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

It'll do.

Urban_Ninja_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

She and Natalie Portman should play sisters in a future movie. They look sort of alike in features; Caucasians with brown eyes and brown hair, facial structure, etc. Maybe this will be a big move for Gal and make her as popular as Afflunk and Henvill. I don't really see the problems in the image. The tiara is just foreshadowed by the hood. The bracelets don't look wrinkled, it just might be the actual style; bulges of certain areas to give it more texture, maybe. Overall, she's pretty (but I have to notice the bust size, not exactly close to the actual Wonder Woman's - the guy in me, haha).

TheGoddess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Some of you are so dull..and not very cultured

Caucasian does not always mean Anglo saxton white. Gail is technically Caucasian,but she isn't "wonderbread white". She's Mediterranean,just as Diana should be. Her original depiction as a fair skinned blue eyed beauty was wrong from the get go,considering where her people come from.

She should have looked tanned/olive complected with wavy dark hair from the get go tbh. I hope everyone will hush now about race.

Archizooom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By Archizooom

@thegoddess said:

Some of you are so dull..and not very cultured

Caucasian does not always mean Anglo saxton white. Gail is technically Caucasian,but she isn't "wonderbread white". She's Mediterranean,just as Diana should be. Her original depiction as a fair skinned blue eyed beauty was wrong from the get go,considering where her people come from.

She should have looked tanned/olive complected with wavy dark hair from the get go tbh. I hope everyone will hush now about race.

To be fair, southern-europeans come in all shades of white, blue-eyes and bright skin are not uncommon in southern-european countries. That's also a bit of preconception.

SCORPIO_CASSADINE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

She and Natalie Portman should play sisters in a future movie. They look sort of alike in features; Caucasians with brown eyes and brown hair, facial structure, etc. Maybe this will be a big move for Gal and make her as popular as Afflunk and Henvill. I don't really see the problems in the image. The tiara is just foreshadowed by the hood. The bracelets don't look wrinkled, it just might be the actual style; bulges of certain areas to give it more texture, maybe. Overall, she's pretty (but I have to notice the bust size, not exactly close to the actual Wonder Woman's - the guy in me, haha).

This is true, everybody loves Natalie Portman, but think about what would have happened if she had been chosen to play Wonder Woman? Lord knows she has the face and acting ability, but she still would have caught hell from people saying she's not built for the role. Gal Gadot doesn't have half of what Natalie Portman has, but we're supposed to embrace her because some clueless Warner Brothers executive decided she was fine for the part, despite the fact she looks nothing like Wonder Woman? I don't think so.

Urban_Ninja_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scorpio_cassadine: You could also say that Afflunk and Henvill don't look anywhere near Batman and Superman, since both characters are said to be similar in appearance as well (one can pass as the other, strangely enough). Gal certainly doesn't have as much popularity as Portman, I give you that, but the movie hasn't come out yet so we can't exactly say how fair she'd do in the movie.

SCORPIO_CASSADINE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They look like Batman and Superman to me. *shrugs* Past is prologue, Gal Gadot has a ton of youtube clips, I've seen all of them and in none of them does she have the qualities one would want in Wonder Woman. She's a wooden actress that's nothing more than a hair flip and a pretty smile. She's just the wrong choice. But I don't expect the producers to get Wonder Woman right, they've changed everything from her origin, to her costume, to her power set. This is going to be Wonder Woman in name only.

Avatar image for deactivated-60ae841330527
    deactivated-60ae841330527

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Darth Diana!

panther21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.