Follow

Wonder Woman

Character » Wonder Woman appears in 8805 issues.

The Amazon princess, blessed with god-like super abilities, Wonder Woman is one of Earth's most powerful defenders of peace, justice, and equality and a member of the Justice League. She is considered an archetype for many heroines outside of comic book. Her initial origin depicted her as a clay baby brought to life by patron goddess Aphrodite, but in recent years she has been depicted as the daughter of Zeus and Amazon queen Hippolyta.

Gal Gadot Cast as Wonder Woman in 'Batman vs. Superman'

fil123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@kriminal said:

@goddamnironman said:

@fallschirmjager said:

@goddamnironman said:

@cassuis_slay_knightfall said:

Still think Jaimie Alexander would of been a better choice. But i guess will see how she does.

Jaime is already cast as Sif, ordinary people will gets confused.

Chris Evans was Cap and Johnny Storm. Reynolds was "Deadpool" and Green Lantern. Affleck was Daredevil and now will be Batman. I feel like there's a couple I'm missing.

Anyway, as long as its a different studio, its not impossible for them to play two characters.

Though I personally don't get over the crying of non-Jaimie. Chances are the character would get abandoned if she left for another big project. They all ready are under utilizing Sif as is.

1) Chris is casted as Cap. after Fox confirmed to reboot/abandon F4 project.

2) In W:Origins, Fox doesn't has plan for that incarnation of Deadpool to show up in future movies, which explains why Deadpool is killed in the movie.

3) Don't get me started on DD, the movie is flop, and total catastrophe, and the studio is 99.9% certain there won't be future movies for DD.

So my point is, studio's plan for actor/actress are depends on whether or not there is possibility of future appearance, if so, casting the same guy in 2 different characters would be confusing.

deadpool didnt die

his head was chopped off, and dropped into a 100 meters (yes, I googled it) nuclear power plant cooling tower.

watch the after credits scene... his body parts move to his head and then his eyes open and he says sshhh

GodDamnIronMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#152  Edited By GodDamnIronMan

@kriminal: @fil123:

oh ya, nearly forgot 'bout the end credit scene (you can't blame me though, it's a bad movie, I usually remember all CBM)...

the studio have no plans for Deadpool with Ryan...

see this.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Well this is a disappointing choice.

Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@captain13: I agree, I think she's a great choice. Sometimes people lesser known work out great, look at Christopher Reeves(which people forget wasn't that big before Superman)

I support this move. And I loved her in the F & Furious movies.

MuyJingo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The only thing that annoys me about this is that an obviously Israeli woman was chosen to play what was meant to be a Greek.

Nothing racial intended, I've nothing against any race, but I do like a bit of accuracy. I don't think it matters though, as we were never going to get a Greek looking Wonder Woman.

I can't say anything at the moment as I will give all actors a chance, and believe she can bulk up and pull it off.

I don't think I like the idea of a Snyder/Goyer/Nolan shared DC Universe, but I'm trying to be positive since at last we are getting the trinity on screen.

I don't think this can be considered a sequel to Man of Steel any longer though....

Also, I wonder what WW was doing when Zod was threatening earth...isn't that the same argument people used for why Superman couldn't exist in the Nolan bat universe?

GeekOfKrypton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

She is absolutely gorgeous! and guys, guys...don;t jump to conclusion about her size. Remember Henry Cavill was not big either until he started working out with that Gym Jones guy? all we should be concerned about is her acting skills. She will do fine just like Henry pulled it off and Ben will ace Batman too.

Rick475069

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#157  Edited By Rick475069

Some people here seem to be forgetting that she will have to put on a few pounds of muscle to look the part. No surprise that she doesn't look like Wonder Woman YET!!!!!!!!!!!!! People calm the f--k down and go take a cold shower.

Raiiyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Okay, excited to see WW on the big screen... not sure about the casting. Could be great though.

Still.. WW ON THE BIG SCREEN<3

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
    Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

She is absolutely gorgeous! and guys, guys...don;t jump to conclusion about her size. Remember Henry Cavill was not big either until he started working out with that Gym Jones guy? all we should be concerned about is her acting skills. She will do fine just like Henry pulled it off and Ben will ace Batman too.

I wonder if people think Cavill, Hemsworth, Evans, etc all walked around yoked up...

-.-

fil123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

oh ya, nearly forgot 'bout the end credit scene (you can't blame me though, it's a bad movie, I usually remember all CBM)...

see this.

lol is ok. i actually would bet that he ends up becoming deadpool again. Many reports say he's ben trying to get a movie in the works. Also a new x-force script has deadpool and cable as the main characters (forget where i read that, maybe ign)

SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There are better choices....wow.

fil123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mitran said:

@fallschirmjager said:

@geekofkrypton said:

I wonder if people think Cavill, Hemsworth, Evans, etc all walked around yoked up...

-.-

Isn't that why they got cast for their roles though?

i hope this is sarcasm

Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mitran said:

@fallschirmjager said:

@geekofkrypton said:

-.-

Don't forget their hair colors. That was essential.

Protoflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Great. Nothing makes a Zach Snyder movie a Zach Snyder movie like TNA with an attitude -rolls eyes- God dammit Warner Brothers. Get your shit together.

TazzMission

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

now that i think of it shes better than megan fox or miley cyrus casted

Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168  Edited By Fallschirmjager

@mitran said:

@fallschirmjager said:

@mitran said:

@fallschirmjager said:

-.-

Well, that was easy compared to what Singer had to go through. How hard must it have been to find a guy with claws?

@fil123 :)

I wonder if Cavill can actually shoot laser beams out of his eyes?

Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mitran said:

@fallschirmjager said:

@mitran said:

@fallschirmjager said:

@mitran said:

@fallschirmjager said:

-.-

Well, that was easy compared to what Singer had to go through. How hard must it have been to find a guy with claws?

Probably just light beams, and they used computers to make it look like lasers. Still pretty cool

Think of how hard it must have been to cast Ryan Reynolds as Hal Jordan. I mean how many actors can fly F-35s!?!?

Bruxae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I have no words to explain the fear I have of this casting choice. But as usual ill reserve my judgement until ive actually seen her in action. One thing that is for sure I hope she works out ALOT before the role, wonder woman needs some muscle.

No Caption Provided

lifeboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

Nah dudes nah. Cobie smulders should have beenthe one for this role. She is only 3 years older than what's her face and infinitely more beautiful. Its to bad she took that cursed maria hill role. The only other posibility would have been jennifer connoly but she just isn't at that age anymore.

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#174  Edited By ccraft

Idk why ppl are getting so bent out of shape about this decision, she looks great for WW. I do hope she adds a bit more weight for the role of WW, she is a bit skinny. But other than that I'm really excited to see her as WW!

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

Great. Nothing makes a Zach Snyder movie a Zach Snyder movie like TNA with an attitude -rolls eyes- God dammit Warner Brothers. Get your shit together.

Right and what exactly constitutes as "TNA"? Any female at all?

Nightw BR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 10

@shanana said:

@shanana said:

This movie won't flop, the Allure of Batman and Superman; with an appearance from WW has already made people (Non comic readers) WANT to see it.

What's going to kill it is the acting; but by that time you've already bought the ticket lol.

i have faith in the acting. cavil was a fantastic superman imo affleck has proven me wrong and i have gone on record saying i take back everything negative i said about the guy. now for this chick as wonder woman......... she was good in the fast franchise and was a bad ass in her own right but i dont think she has been in anything else to make people go and say oh yea her . like i said im waiting till i see the film and if it sucks i have to take my hat off to wb for at least trying something new for a change.

Agreed give them a chance. I will also be watching the film and absolutely agree with you

LaserLambert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

well then, I guess that's something to take note of.

Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mitran said:

@fallschirmjager said:

@mitran said:

@fallschirmjager said:

@mitran said:

@fallschirmjager said:

@mitran said:

@fallschirmjager said:

-.-

Probably just light beams, and they used computers to make it look like lasers. Still pretty cool

Think of how hard it must have been to cast Ryan Reynolds as Hal Jordan. I mean how many actors can fly F-35s!?!?

Not as hard as it was to find someone who could make a completely sustainable green energy source... in a cave... with scraps.

The people who cast for CBMs know how to do their jobs, I'll give them that.

I want to know is. How did they cure Ben Affleck from being blind? He was blind in Daredevil and he's not anymore!~

wtk1013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Give her a chance, she may surprise you.

jphulk26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181  Edited By jphulk26

well thats out of left field, but better than the ufc chick. I hope the solo is good and they get the character right. I really think they should drop the diana prince alter-ego though.

also looks like she´ll have an accent. i don´t think the casting too bad as long as she can act.

do we know if she gets her own movie?

Oh by the way f%$%%& you Ben Affleck, you bastard now I have to go and see you as Batman. I was boycotting the movie. Maybe I´ll just wait for a WW film :)

asjmooney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So excited for this. DC finally growing some balls and committing to opening up the universe. Can't wait!

movieartman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

PLEASE PLEASE just put her in this outfit and we wont have to worry about how skinny she is

(art and design by stjepan sejic)

Avatar image for scorpio_cassadine
    SCORPIO_CASSADINE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm pissed, she has the face but not the body. Where is her chest?

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189  Edited By kidchipotle

@captain13: I wasn't sure who she was but the footage you posted before proved to me, at least, that Snyder is on to something. She may not have that "perfect" look or not have that "perfect" body for Wonder Woman standards, but like you said, she's going to get a PT and train her ass off to GET that physique. I hope that settles a lot of peoples doubt, definitely did for me.

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I don't see it but i've been proving wrong before.

movieartman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

@lifeboy said:

Nah dudes nah. Cobie smulders should have beenthe one for this role. She is only 3 years older than what's her face and infinitely more beautiful. Its to bad she took that cursed maria hill role. The only other posibility would have been jennifer connoly but she just isn't at that age anymore.

LYNN COLLINS

ALEXANDRA DADDARIO

BRIDGET REGAN

KATE BECKENSALE

CAROLONE DHAVERNAS

GINA CARANO

THERE IS SHIT TONS OF OTHER BETTER POSSIBILITIES

Avatar image for deactivated-5a8cea74082a2
    deactivated-5a8cea74082a2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm skeptical about this. Muscle isn't a problem, muscle can be gained. And knowing Snyder he will probably cg some on. But as an actress? I don't know. I don't like the fast and furious movies and she doesn't really have very many credits. But I'm just a little put off by Wonder Woman having an Israeli accent.

My first pic would've been Jaimie Alexander

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 43

Eh... okay.

TheMagicStik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Diana: Black Hair, Blue Eyes, Pale Skin, Muscular Physique, Tall.

Gal Gadot: Brown Hair, Brown Eyes, Tan Skin, Skinny, Medium height.

Beep Boop does not compute.

doombot890

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xchaix: they're gonna feed her and train her and brush her hair till she looks the role

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#196  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

@bruxae said:

I have no words to explain the fear I have of this casting choice. But as usual ill reserve my judgement until ive actually seen her in action. One thing that is for sure I hope she works out ALOT before the role, wonder woman needs some muscle.

No Caption Provided

Well Gal Gadot is a sports instructor and is also ex-Israeli military so I'm sure she can bulk up.

SlamAdams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 59

#197  Edited By SlamAdams

Not my first choice, not even a top 10 probably, but I won't be losing sleep either. I had a feeling that it would be her when they said she was 1 of 3 in the running.

nerdork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So, is Wonder Woman's enemy in MOS 2 supposed to be Bilemea?

@tazzmission: I totally agree. Maggie Siff has nearly the perfect look.

Dragonborn_CT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#199  Edited By Dragonborn_CT

@joygirl said:

Eh... okay.

I thought you would flip out >_>

Well I guess this can't top the reaction Ben Affleck's casting.

daltonmunnal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

see this.

That's a three year article that seems to think a Green Lantern 2 is actually happening. Not a source to take seriously. Ryan Reynolds is most certainly still Deadpool. He was still talking about the role very recently, and an X-Force movie featuring Deadpool is more or less confirmed.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.