Follow

Wonder Woman

Character » Wonder Woman appears in 8808 issues.

The Amazon princess, blessed with god-like super abilities, Wonder Woman is one of Earth's most powerful defenders of peace, justice, and equality and a member of the Justice League. She is considered an archetype for many heroines outside of comic book. Her initial origin depicted her as a clay baby brought to life by patron goddess Aphrodite, but in recent years she has been depicted as the daughter of Zeus and Amazon queen Hippolyta.

Best Fighter in the DCU

• 68 results
    CSidunno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@vegetassgss said:

@csidunno: it should but they still haven't introduced her.

You're right,and I dont think they ever will again. From what I've seen she was originally WW twin sister made from black clay but after that she just became another amazon that WW didn't even recognize, to being thrown to a different earth# (23). Thus removing her as never being related to WW so,she wouldn't have an outright counter besides Genocide that could actually beat her in a fight IIRC.

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By CSG_CL

@dernman said:
    @klaus said:
    @dernman said:

If you're talking about skill not even close. Batman's got her there and there are people above Batman in that area. What puts her ahead of the pack is super speed and strength.

Unless Johns is talking about the DCEU, in which I would agree that she most likely is the best. She is 5000 years old after all, and has been training since day 1 for war and battle. I'm sure we will see her skills shine in Wonder Woman (2017).

Training 5000 years doesn't mean anything. Everyone has their peak that they reach where it doesn't matter how much you train. After that it's just a point of maintaining your edge.

How the heck do you believe in this statement? This MIGHT be semi-true if we're talking about one individual skill, but we're talking about many dozens of skills that can be intertwined in different ways. The reason thousands of years of training makes a difference is that all of these skills can be mastered and become a matter of muscle memory and developed into new skills through strategic use. You don't actually have to be the best at something to win, if you are smarter at combining multiple skills you can defeat someone much better than you.

HeroUp2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By HeroUp2112

@csg_cl said:
    @dernman said:
    @klaus said:
    @dernman said:

If you're talking about skill not even close. Batman's got her there and there are people above Batman in that area. What puts her ahead of the pack is super speed and strength.

Unless Johns is talking about the DCEU, in which I would agree that she most likely is the best. She is 5000 years old after all, and has been training since day 1 for war and battle. I'm sure we will see her skills shine in Wonder Woman (2017).

Training 5000 years doesn't mean anything. Everyone has their peak that they reach where it doesn't matter how much you train. After that it's just a point of maintaining your edge.

How the heck do you believe in this statement? This MIGHT be semi-true if we're talking about one individual skill, but we're talking about many dozens of skills that can be intertwined in different ways. The reason thousands of years of training makes a difference is that all of these skills can be mastered and become a matter of muscle memory and developed into new skills through strategic use. You don't actually have to be the best at something to win, if you are smarter at combining multiple skills you can defeat someone much better than you.

Not to mention that there comes a point to where you've reached a certain point of expertise and the only way to improve is to teach. It's not like Diana hasn't had thousands of years to do that with who knows how many different students to learn new ways to hone her skills, adapt what she knows different ways to different fighters? These will teach her new ways to look at different strategies and tactics, and incorporating all of THOSE into her overall personal combat system.

No I've said it before, I'll say it again. Wonder Woman is THE hand to hand/melee fighter in the DCU.

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love how people are going "if Batman had her powers" or "If Wonder Woman didn't have powers," like it makes any real difference.

If its and buts were candy and nuts, we'd all have a merry Christmas. The only people I could see challenging Wonder Woman are Big Barda and Karate Kid. I'd personally wager Karate Kid can take Wonder Woman 6 out of 10 times.

JamieWolfe7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Wonder Woman is awesome, but skillwise she's nowhere near Cassandra Cain, Lady Shiva, Robert Dragon, or Bronze Tiger and all four of them can take Batman in a tussle. Batman's awesome because he's got the utility edge to make up for it, imho. What's scary about Cassie is she's young enough to keep growing.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@csg_cl said:
    @dernman said:
    @klaus said:
    @dernman said:

All that is is side moving not really forward moving. All it does is make her own style. While not exactly the same thing it's similar the bad argument of Batman mastering a 100somthing martial arts. There is still a ceiling of capability limitations they will always hit. This isn't dragon ball where you keep training you get better.

Further more even if that was true she's nor going to retain everything over the years.

DrMirakuru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pretty sure the statement is to be taken with the consideration that Diana actually has nth levels of superhuman stats to go with her skills. Like Cassandra Cain may be more skilled than Diana... but thats not going to stop Diana from trampling her underfoot by a combination of superior speed, strength and endurance in addition to what she knows about h2h combat. What Cassandra can do to Batman, Diana can do to Superman.

I agree but Superman would beat Diana

/bait

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#59  Edited By dernman

@agent41 said:
    @dernman said:
    @csg_cl said:
    @dernman said:
    @klaus said:
    @dernman said:

All that is is side moving not really forward moving. All it does is make her own style. While not exactly the same thing it's similar the bad argument of Batman mastering a 100somthing martial arts. There is still a ceiling of capability limitations they will always hit. This isn't dragon ball where you keep training you get better.

Further more even if that was true she's nor going to retain everything over the years.

It's been stated since Marston years that she does get better and stronger with training. Also she is far above human level and can retain everything she learns.

I wish people would stop referencing Marton like half the stuff he came up with hasn't been gone for a long time. Nothings to say she retains everything but wishful thinking. Furthermore most WWs isn't even that old to begin with. For universe's sake I knew I shouldn't have answered this thread question in a WW forum.

Archizooom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman: We, mere mortals, hit a ceiling before our physical and mental capabilities start to slowly but surely decline around the age of 30. F.ex Sharapova is decidedly not a natural volleyer and will probably end her career without honing that skill but if she practiced it for 5000 years I reckon she'd master it, eventually. In fact I'm a lot less inclined to believe it's possible to master a hundred martial arts, no matter how long you live, the human brain probably can't retain/juggle that much knowledge, she'd wind up a jane of all trades and master of none

Avatar image for deactivated-5bbee326da7b7
    deactivated-5bbee326da7b7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman and deathstroke are the best fighters IMO.WW weapons contribute greatly to her fights aswell

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

@outside_85 said:

Pretty sure the statement is to be taken with the consideration that Diana actually has nth levels of superhuman stats to go with her skills. Like Cassandra Cain may be more skilled than Diana... but thats not going to stop Diana from trampling her underfoot by a combination of superior speed, strength and endurance in addition to what she knows about h2h combat. What Cassandra can do to Batman, Diana can do to Superman.

I agree but Superman would beat Diana

/bait

When written by a pro-Superman writer sure, anyone with a degree of common sense; no. :)

Avatar image for racksonracksonracks
    racksonracksonracks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

kewl

Avatar image for phoenixdiamond616
    phoenixdiamond616

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Geoff Johns's statement is official... she is the best fighter by statement, we can't deny that, but in universe they should make a story to make it canon...

TrueThemyscira

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By TrueThemyscira

@phoenixdiamond616: They say all that but don't actually show it lol. There is no proof. There are no scans. There are no feats. DC logic.

Avatar image for phoenixdiamond616
    phoenixdiamond616

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@truethemyscira: not only DC does that, all series/editorials do the same... and the proof is Geoff's word... but we actually need feats...

TrueThemyscira

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.