Follow

Wonder Woman

Character » Wonder Woman appears in 8808 issues.

The Amazon princess, blessed with god-like super abilities, Wonder Woman is one of Earth's most powerful defenders of peace, justice, and equality and a member of the Justice League. She is considered an archetype for many heroines outside of comic book. Her initial origin depicted her as a clay baby brought to life by patron goddess Aphrodite, but in recent years she has been depicted as the daughter of Zeus and Amazon queen Hippolyta.

Amanda Conner is writing Wonder Woman

Avatar image for deactivated-59dfd33ed3601
    deactivated-59dfd33ed3601

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I think I might shed a tear of joy at the thought of the Finches leaving this book. According to multiple sources, Ms. Conner is writing Wonder Woman #47. Could this mean that the Finches are leaving soon?

dshipp17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By dshipp17

Wow, I'm really looking forward to Wonder Woman 47 than, but, I hope that isn't the issue where they passed over Dr. Psycho for Cheetah again. This has nothing to do with my opinion of the Finch(es), I've been expressing my interest in an Amanda Conner Wonder Woman since 2010, thinking back on how she handled Powergirl; right now, it seems that Conner may have mellowed down some, which is a bad thing. Do you have any links or sources confirming this possibility?

Avatar image for deactivated-59dfd33ed3601
    deactivated-59dfd33ed3601

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dshipp17: You will see it as one of her upcoming works

www.bleedingcool.com/2015/09/10/harley-quinn-gets-a-second-ongoing-team-up-comic-harleys-little-black-book-drawn-by-amanda-conner/

dshipp17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh, and she might be writing Wonder Woman 47 too? I'll look that link over, but I hope it isn't only the Harley Quinn team up.

Impervious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Oh thank goodness.

dshipp17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just look over the link; ok, I see where she's listed for Wonder Woman 47.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

She's doing the Harley Quinn variant cover for that issue, not writing it. The book she's writing is the Harley Quinn team-up series, and the first issue of that series features Wonder Woman.

The Finches remain

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dshipp17: You will see it as one of her upcoming works

www.bleedingcool.com/2015/09/10/harley-quinn-gets-a-second-ongoing-team-up-comic-harleys-little-black-book-drawn-by-amanda-conner/

She drawing the variant cover for the issue, not writing it. The other comics series list the other artist drawing for the various issues. The only writers among them are Bruce Timm and Darwyn Cooke but they draw as well.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

You've probably made a mistake, she's going to be writting and drawing the first issue of the new Harley team-up series. I hope that it;s not confusion and that you've heard an actual rumor and the Finches will be off the book soon.

RevivalMH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By RevivalMH

Well, assuming that this was true, how do you guys think Jimmy and Amanda would do on WW? I've enjoyed their run on HQ but for me its starting to get a little repetitive and uninteresting. I feel like at this point HQ's overall popularity is just carrying the book and not necessarily excellent writing. That being said, I've never read the above aforementioned run of Powergirl so I am not sure how they would handle Diana. Thoughts?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.