Follow

Wonder Woman

Character » Wonder Woman appears in 8805 issues.

The Amazon princess, blessed with god-like super abilities, Wonder Woman is one of Earth's most powerful defenders of peace, justice, and equality and a member of the Justice League. She is considered an archetype for many heroines outside of comic book. Her initial origin depicted her as a clay baby brought to life by patron goddess Aphrodite, but in recent years she has been depicted as the daughter of Zeus and Amazon queen Hippolyta.

3 stunning, colored pages of the upcoming WW Earth One Graphic Novel

Archizooom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Archizooom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Archizooom

These flying-sea-shell-bikes are awesome, March can't come soon enough

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

Looks very pretty, but we knew that.

So what else do we have:

• Hover-bikes that appear to be designed by looking at a clam.
    • Helmets that make it look like the wearers are using a duck.
    • Hippolyta in bronze.
    • And a welcome-wagon from the local bondage club.
    Archizooom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Archizooom

@outside_85: The helmets remind me of the Gatchaman which is cute, I love that, I'm really digging this, I like everything I'm seeing except the invisible plane and Wonder Woman's outfit, but that's just me, even if not everything's to my taste, at least this looks like a lot of thought went into it which isn't always the case.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

@outside_85: The helmets remind me of the Gatchaman which is cute, I love that, I'm really digging this, I like everything I'm seeing except the invisible plane and Wonder Woman's outfit, but that's just me, even if not everything's to my taste, at least this looks like a lot of thought went into it which isn't always the case.

Morrison did mention that fallos-like designs would be completely alien to the Amazons line of thinking when it came to designs regarding equipment and architecture. Thought that does make me wonder why they still use spears and swords.

Archizooom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@outside_85: Well with all due respect to Morrison, one of the main principles of design is that form follows function, it's straight up foolish of the amazons to lean over backwards to avoid phallic-looking objects. And for Yanick Paquette, it was a tall order to pull that off. I feel like sometimes Morrison needs to rein himself in a little.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

The colors are actually great. They compliment the art, which is great because bad coloring can make good art look mediocre and by the numbers.

@brunnhilde said:

Morrison did mention that fallos-like designs would be completely alien to the Amazons line of thinking when it came to designs regarding equipment and architecture. Thought that does make me wonder why they still use spears and swords.

So...what's with the phallic tower in the background :P

In all seriousness, the shell is usually associated with Aphrodite who was born from sea foam and she rose in the surface in a shell (hence the famous renaissance painting).

So Morrison shows the foundation and how "beautiful" this society is and more importantly connects it to the gods that govern it, one of them being the goddess of beauty.

deathfalcon182

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This looks awesome

@outside_85: Well with all due respect to Morrison, one of the main principles of design is that form follows function, it's straight up foolish of the amazons to lean over backwards to avoid phallic-looking objects. And for Yanick Paquette, it was a tall order to pull that off. I feel like sometimes Morrison needs to rein himself in a little.

Disagree. Unreigned Morrison is the best Morrison. Also it comes out in February.

Avatar image for scorpio_cassadine
    SCORPIO_CASSADINE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm in love! This is dope af!

Avatar image for darkdetective27
    darkdetective27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 69

User Lists: 10

This looks great, so I may have to get it if I have enough money for it.

Avatar image for deactivated-599b4bc7465db
    deactivated-599b4bc7465db

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm excited I wish I could buy it now

Archizooom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathfalcon182: I find his style a tad convoluted and I know I'm not the only one, that's something he needs to work on. Knowing how to structure a story is a skill, anyone can be cryptic

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am erect.

Hawk80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Overall I'm loving where this is going ... don't love Diana's outfit, but otherwise I'm pretty excited by the design we're seeing. All the best of Marston era Paradise Island with fun unique tech but still holding onto some great Hellenistic roots!

deathfalcon182

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@brunnhilde: that's the thing though, he does his stuff intentional and for me that's the biggest draw. Other bigger draw is his metafiction approach. Gives the best re read value. I see where you're coming from though, personally I would not change 1 thing about his work. It's the same feeling as watching a David Lynch movie, it's a puzzle and trying to put it together to understand the narrative is the best part.

Archizooom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Archizooom

@deathfalcon182: I know Morrison doesn't like linear narratives but the nonlinear style doesn't work for a monthly series, especially with all that vague, technical language, he can really overstuff his stories as well, I think Morrison just assumes we're all super well-versed in comic book lore like Saren. And you really need to be laser-focused 'cause if you miss some teeny weeny thing like 6 months earlier, suddenly the story doesn't make sense to you anymore so you gotta go back looking for the missing piece. I guess you enjoy that but me, with everything I need to keep up with, I don't have the headspace for it

alsummers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can't wait for this. I like Morrison's ideas for this book so far. A tad risque but unique at the same time. I doubt this will be the definitive Wonder Woman book, but it's been a long time since I've been this excited for a book to come out.

deathfalcon182

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@brunnhilde: No I totally understand what you mean. His stories always read better in collected form. And his style isn't for everyone. He's just my favorite author just because he isn't a traditional writer.

judasnixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Those pages look fantastic, why can't we have that in her main book?

Denko069

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Quick question - this is in the universe (or rather Earth) where Superman: Earth One Volumes 1-3 take place, right?

Avatar image for darknightspideyfanboy
    darknightspideyfanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Denko069

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Denko069
    deathfalcon182

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

There are more pages

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wanna dance this looks so good.

And any other December, I would.

Except this December feels like May, and it's muggy here.

So no dancing.

You rule Wonder Woman pages, and by stark contrast, you drool, December 2015!

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

I don't like that they race-bent Steve :/ oh well, anyway the preview is exactly what I expected, the sexual undertones of Marston brought forth and center.

Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
    CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Heck Yeah!

Can't wait, this is gonna go so well with my new Wonder Woman War Years hardcover. Wonder Woman's strange history is just the kind of thing I cannot wait to see Morrison work with.

lxlGiftedlxl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Love everything here!

Avatar image for deactivated-599b4bc7465db
    deactivated-599b4bc7465db

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well there goes my positive attitude about the book lol

Avatar image for darkdetective27
    darkdetective27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 69

alsummers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not so much the content I'm concerned with (I am a little) but I am disappointed that Grant Morrison didn't exactly keep his promise from the looks of it. Wonder Woman is still being "fixed", when Morrison made all those anti-dceu statements about Wonder Woman's appearance, I truly believed he would keep Marston in mind when he was writing this. All I've been hearing from him was that he was taking her back to her roots, but I guess only her sexual roots, everything else appears to be free game. He's still doing what every person who has ever touched Wonder Woman has ever done and that is "fix" her. He didn't do this with Batman or Superman, so why is he continuing this streak of "I have to fix Wonder Woman."

That said, it looks decently close to her original origin, just sexed up and modernized. They still have the basics it looks like with Beth (ugh...it should be Etta. No need to change the name) Candy and Steve (as long as he acts like a Steve I'm good. None of that Trevor Barnes/Nemesis weirdness), Hippolyta, what looks like a nursing career, as well as the Amazons v Hercules. I'm still going to give this a go, but my hype has been dampened.

kcomicfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Meh.

AwesomeHobos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alsummers: Could you clarify what you mean he's fixing? Not that I don't believe you, I'm just curious what you specifically mean. And I think the name change for Etta might be because Etta Candy sounds a lot like Eat a Candy which isn't that politically correct, not that I care but Grant is liberal enought to

TheExile285

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 4

Art looks really good. I'll give Morrison another try for Diana. Please don't disappoint.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.