Follow

Wolverine

Character » Wolverine appears in 16088 issues.

A long-lived mutant with the rage of a beast and the soul of a Samurai, James "Logan" Howlett's once mysterious past is filled with blood, war, and betrayal. Possessing an accelerated healing factor, keenly enhanced senses, and bone claws in each hand (along with his skeleton) that are coated in adamantium; Wolverine is, without question, the ultimate weapon.

X-Men Origins Only Fans can Understand

Avatar image for theamazingnightblade
    TheAmazingNightblade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

I just saw X-men Origins:Wolverine (for reasons i can't explain i couldn't see it in theatres). Most people were whining about Deadpool not being accurate or  that sabretooth wasn't accurate and that the movie was made for the non-comic fans, but i gotta say... i can see why the "Non-comic fans" gave it such bad reviews. If you go back and watch it, you will see that it has so many holes, that if you don't fill in the blanks with stuff read in Comics, IT DOES NOT MAKE SENSE. I back this up with proof. I tried my hardest to watch the movie as if I had never read the comics- and this is what i Noticed. First Of all- How does he come to be called 'Logan"?I never says! I Know why, so i got it. But most people didn't. Also- Why is Victor's last name Creed but his father's last name is Logan?Think about that!

cracks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By cracks
    @TheAmazingNightblade: lol
    TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#2  Edited By TheBlueAngel93

I thought about that, and yes, his "father" (I really think he was lying),'s last name is Logan, and the name kind of became a nickname of sorts during the movie, that's how I saw it at lest

PrinceIMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By PrinceIMC
    @TheAmazingNightblade: I had the exact same problem. They never say where the name Logan comes from. I just hope he kills Mariko with his claws in the second one to have a reason to not want to use them.
    TheAmazingNightblade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@PrinceIMC said:
    " @TheAmazingNightblade: I had the exact same problem. They never say where the name Logan comes from. I just hope he kills Mariko with his claws in the second one to have a reason to not want to use them. "

I agree i hope they at least put more emphasis on the second movie
    Avatar image for journey_into_chaos
    Journey Into Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't like the movie in general. C'ause it didn't feel like X-men to me.
    Mr. Dead Pool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#6  Edited By Mr. Dead Pool

As far as established comic and movie continuity go: Sabertooth should have been the main villian and the big experiment would make him the way he is in X1. Dead Pool should have been a mutant with the exact same powers and body scarring from his healing factor he has in the comics , teleporting power could have been from the power pool thing would have been okay for me. And Gambit should have had red irises, they could have used contacts, and had more card throwing in it. Those are my complaints as a fan. But as far as the Logan thing I never really read X-Men until Dead Pool came out and that and Xforce werethe only X related books I ever read so don't know about the Logan thing.

LauraX23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By LauraX23
    @TheAmazingNightblade said:
    "  I just saw X-men Origins:Wolverine (for reasons i can't explain i couldn't see it in theatres). Most people were whining about Deadpool not being accurate or  that sabretooth wasn't accurate and that the movie was made for the non-comic fans, but i gotta say... i can see why the "Non-comic fans" gave it such bad reviews. If you go back and watch it, you will see that it has so many holes, that if you don't fill in the blanks with stuff read in Comics, IT DOES NOT MAKE SENSE. I back this up with proof. I tried my hardest to watch the movie as if I had never read the comics- and this is what i Noticed. First Of all- How does he come to be called 'Logan"?I never says! I Know why, so i got it. But most people didn't. Also- Why is Victor's last name Creed but his father's last name is Logan?Think about that! "

They call him Logan....... 
    cause he lost his memory ............ Duh. 
    i think =\
    Watch Dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Watch Dog
    @LauraX23: No they call him Logan because after he first popped his claws and killed the gardener named Logan his grampa told wolverine and rose to leave and never come back wal they were on the run Rose started calling him Logan to help hide them incase Wolverine's Grampa had disided to sell them out and yes he had lost his memory but it had nothing to do with the name chang.
    TheAmazingNightblade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Watch Dog:@Watch Dog said:
    " @LauraX23: No they call him Logan because after he first popped his claws and killed the gardener named Logan his grampa told wolverine and rose to leave and never come back wal they were on the run Rose started calling him Logan to help hide them incase Wolverine's Grampa had disided to sell them out and yes he had lost his memory but it had nothing to do with the name chang. "
    yes..but niether Rose nor his grandpa were in the movie
    Watch Dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Watch Dog
    @TheAmazingNightblade: It's just anther reason that the movie sucked whether you knew wolverine's history or not (it sucked a little more if you know his history)
    cracks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By cracks
    @LauraX23: LOL.           %Pr
    spiderpigbart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By spiderpigbart

bump.  He is called Logan because after he lost his memory, he asked Gambit what his name was and Remy said Logan.

TheAmazingNightblade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spiderpigbart said:
    " bump.  He is called Logan because after he lost his memory, he asked Gambit what his name was and Remy said Logan. "
    pay attention...wraith and stryker call him logan
    spiderpigbart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By spiderpigbart
    " @spiderpigbart said:
    " bump.  He is called Logan because after he lost his memory, he asked Gambit what his name was and Remy said Logan. "
    pay attention...wraith and stryker call him logan "
    Yes.  But when he woke up after getting shot, he grabbed Remy and was all freaked out.  He asked several questions, one of which was, "What's my name?"  Remy answered,  "Your name is Logan."
    TheAmazingNightblade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spiderpigbart said:
    " @TheAmazingNightblade said:
    " @spiderpigbart said:
    Yes.  But when he woke up after getting shot, he grabbed Remy and was all freaked out.  He asked several questions, one of which was, "What's my name?"  Remy answered,  "Your name is Logan." "
    BUT...He already had the nickname before that happened and they never say why
    spiderpigbart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By spiderpigbart
    " @spiderpigbart said:
    " @TheAmazingNightblade said:
    " @spiderpigbart said:
    Yes.  But when he woke up after getting shot, he grabbed Remy and was all freaked out.  He asked several questions, one of which was, "What's my name?"  Remy answered,  "Your name is Logan." "
    BUT...He already had the nickname before that happened and they never say why "
    But my reason is why he had it in the later films.
    MadHatter2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#17  Edited By MadHatter2

i can answer but in the movie im mad about what they did to deadpool they made him the merc without the mouth! But i heard that in the upcoming deadpool movie he gets his mouth back! then again its very possible since disney bought marvel, we wont see our friend wade on the big screen for a LOOONNG time.

Avatar image for defaultdefaultdefault
    defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i dont know. my favorite part is when Wolverine and Gambit get on the helicopter and Gambit suddenly
    loses his accent and is speaking English.
    " Hey Gambit, what happened to your accent? "
    " What, huh? What do you mean my accent, i never had a...oh, oh yeah, Dis no problem mon ami. "

that and Wolverine blocking a ginormous laser with his claws. aside from the rest of the reasons 
    that laser that cut a section off that tower was easily blocked being stupid, was the fact that somehow it didnt go
    around the claws nor in between.

dam, does comic knowledge even play into that movie when the whole thing was screwed anyways.lol.

TheAmazingNightblade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@MadHatter2 said:
    " i can answer but in the movie im mad about what they did to deadpool they made him the merc without the mouth! But i heard that in the upcoming deadpool movie he gets his mouth back! then again its very possible since disney bought marvel, we wont see our friend wade on the big screen for a LOOONNG time. "
    If you watch after the credits..he has his mouth back
    NagolNuff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By NagolNuff

the movie is still a fail..they should reboot all the comic movies...except maybe daredevil that wasn't so bad( o ja and duh batman...maybe keep supes alone too lol)

MrMiracle77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#21  Edited By MrMiracle77

And what's up with the plasma-screen TVs in the 70s?

Shipwreck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Shipwreck

I hate what Marvel and Fox are doing with Wolverine's and Sabretooth's origins.I prefer not knowing. Origins as whole doesn't make sense. It's whole bunch of garbage just to get new readers.  Th whole thing about Sabretooth not being able to take the adamantuim was crack, his healing factor maybe stronger than Logan's with all the experiments he wants. The Dog Idea? That's crap. A healing factor can not and will not heal past scars, see Deadpool for proof. and you ask why? They are already healed.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.