Follow

Wolverine

Character » Wolverine appears in 16085 issues.

A long-lived mutant with the rage of a beast and the soul of a Samurai, James "Logan" Howlett's once mysterious past is filled with blood, war, and betrayal. Possessing an accelerated healing factor, keenly enhanced senses, and bone claws in each hand (along with his skeleton) that are coated in adamantium; Wolverine is, without question, the ultimate weapon.

Wolverine's Adamantium Skeleton Question

JonSmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By JonSmith

So it's generally agreed that Wolverine's healing factor is pretty strong, yes? And equally well known as his healing factor is the adamantium coating his bones, right? Here's my question: If you were to completely disintegrate all of Wolverine's body, excluding the nigh invulnerable adamantium coating his bones, wouldn't Wolverine's healing factor try to heal him from within his bone, but be blocked from outside by the (mostly) unbreakable adamantium, keeping him basically alive but trapped within the bones until said adamantium is removed so he can heal to normal?

Or am I missing something obvious, such as overestimating Wolverine's healing factor?

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#2  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

If I'm getting your question is basically should Wolverine be completely destroyed bodywise save for his skeleton, should he heal with his bones? The answer would be no. Wolverine has healed from a skeleton on 2-3 different occasions and the adamantium does not inhibit any bone functions.

That's if I understand your question though, this is first thing in the morning for me.

XsPectre28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By XsPectre28

@god_spawn said:

If I'm getting your question is basically should Wolverine be completely destroyed bodywise save for his skeleton, should he heal with his bones? The answer would be no. Wolverine has healed from a skeleton on 2-3 different occasions and the adamantium does not inhibit any bone functions.

That's if I understand your question though, this is first thing in the morning for me.

agreed, wolverine's healing factor kicks in the moment his body is under attack, a disintegration beam on full power for awhile would more efficient

SoA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By SoA

in a civil war one shot he was reduced to a skeleton but his brain was still intact and he grew everything back from the brain on , he said it took him 3-4 hours . i personally felt it was bs since past stories has him die when reduced to that state , but there it is .

Avatar image for smart_dork_dude
    Smart_Dork_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#5  Edited By Smart_Dork_Dude

@god_spawn said:

Wolverine has healed from a skeleton on 2-3 different occasions and the adamantium does not inhibit any bone functions.

This.

Fryhole3001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Fryhole3001

@god_spawn said:

Wolverine has healed from a skeleton on 2-3 different occasions and the adamantium does not inhibit any bone functions.

Agree with this, in uncanny x-force I can recall seeing half his body reduced to skeleton by Genocide (I think) and he just needed time for his healing factor to kick in.

sunhawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By sunhawk

but where does the new mass come from when Logan takes large amounts of damage?

Hus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Hus

anyone read Deadpool kills Marvel Universe? one of my favorite parts was right be4 he killed wolverine and he stated that wolvie actually doesn't have a healing factor. his most powerful mutant power is popularity, hence why at times he can heal from a complete skeleton (really marvel?). There you have it folks...wolverine can heal from anything..ANYTHING..as long as it's to keep him in as many books as possible.

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By Pyrogram

Good points man. I think his bone marrow may mean he can always grow back,

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.