Follow

Wolverine

Character » Wolverine appears in 16062 issues.

A long-lived mutant with the rage of a beast and the soul of a Samurai, James "Logan" Howlett's once mysterious past is filled with blood, war, and betrayal. Possessing an accelerated healing factor, keenly enhanced senses, and bone claws in each hand (along with his skeleton) that are coated in adamantium; Wolverine is, without question, the ultimate weapon.

wolverine vs batman

• 111 results
    crabtree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By crabtree

has this fight ever happened? 

THIS IS NOT A BATTLE THREAD.  This thread asks if they have ever met or fought.

SSJ5_Goku-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By SSJ5_Goku-San

Not that I know of.But Wolverine did face Lobo before.And in Amalgam comics Wolverine and Batman fused into Dark Claw .

crabtree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By crabtree

i do know about that. thanks for the comment:-)

Man of Lengend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By Man of Lengend

sadly no.... would prob be the best fight in comics in my opinion but someday maybe.... and drawn by jim lee himself ...( high hopes)
    crabtree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By crabtree

i think wolverine would destroy batman but i like seeing there costumes together

why so serious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By why so serious

Batman is more skilled, has better equipments and has a wider range of weapons.  But ultimately if its a fight to the death, I gotta take Wolverine, though Bats would give him hell.
    Avatar image for deadlywolverine
    DeadlyWolverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By DeadlyWolverine

No Caption Provided
    They seem pretty evenly matched here, Batman could plan something to hurt wolverine temporarily, he could nuke him, but Wolverine would still survive and keep coming back... However, after he finds his limbs. I don't think Batman would go to that extent anyway (endanger the ozone or populace), maybe he could freeze him. There's no sure way to win against Wolverine, he'll just keep coming back. If Bruce makes one wrong move, Wolverine could slice him up pretty bad. Wolverine has killed in his beserker rages before, just ask Tyler.
    LT1085

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By LT1085

It would go something like this. 

Lucky Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Lucky Arrow

Batman would win this fight just barely, not because of his skills but because he could out think Wolverine. He would find out some way to beat him because thats what he does he is a thinker and wolverine is not. They don't call him the Worlds Greatest Detective  for nothing!
    LT1085

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By LT1085
    @Lucky Arrow said:
    "
    Batman would win this fight just barely, not because of his skills but because he could out think Wolverine. He would find out some way to beat him because thats what he does he is a thinker and wolverine is not. They don't call him the Worlds Greatest Detective  for nothing! "
    All his detective skills would help him with is determining how many seconds he has left to live before he bleeds out. Fanboy.
    Avatar image for mr_hulk_smashin__
    Mr.Hulk_Smashin'!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

Wolverine is superior physically. He's superior durability-wise. He's mastered every form of Martial Arts, so he could make his own up on the spot. His Claws can slice through anything, so..... that includes armor.
    Batman is physically inferior. He may be superior, mentally. But even if you give him 5 minutes of prep, he couldn't permanently stop/kill Wolverine.
    So in the end. I give this to Wolvie.

DeadlyWolverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By DeadlyWolverine

Wolverine is also calculative in his battles, the Wolverine they portray in the old X-Men cartoons was a brute with $#!@! for brains most of the time. Don't underestimate the man just because he behaves like an animal, that will be your downfall. Also, it's quite possible for Wolverine to harass Forge into making him a gizmo and then outsmarting the really smart thinkers (it has happened a few times in the comics).

MI 6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By MI 6

I'm agree. Wolverine has great regeneration and combat skills but batman is barely able to find a way to stop him. 
    Thinks about the combat between the dark Knight and Amazo !! I espect nobody could say Wolverine could defeat a Amazo robot with the JLA powers.

Lucky Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Lucky Arrow
    @LT1085:
    Right iam a fanboy and your not OK! If anybody has profile on comicvine and has a level past 1 then you are fan of some hero.
    LT1085

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By LT1085
    @Lucky Arrow said:
    " @LT1085: Right iam a fanboy and your not OK! If anybody has profile on comicvine and has a level past 1 then you are fan of some hero. "
    I don't follow your logic. fan and fanboy are different.
    rlmay3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#16  Edited By rlmay3
    @LT1085: Adamantium bat-a-rangs
    http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs11/i/2006/244/c/5/Wolverine_VS_Batman_by_TraditionalDanimatio.jpg

To the death, Wolverine since Bats probably wouldn't break his "rule" even for Wolverine. But to a non-lethal defeat, Bats takes the win.

LT1085

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By LT1085
    @rlmay3 said:

" @LT1085: Adamantium bat-a-rangs
    http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs11/i/2006/244/c/5/Wolverine_VS_Batman_by_TraditionalDanimatio.jpg  To the death, Wolverine since Bats probably wouldn't break his "rule" even for Wolverine. But to a non-lethal defeat, Bats takes the win.  "

Batman couldn't throw a batarang hard enough to penetrate his skull. It's still adamantum on adamantium. Try throwing metal at metal as hard as you can and see what happens. The adamantium bullet thing from the movie is just as ridiculous.
    rlmay3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By rlmay3
    @LT1085: It's true, but if it were superheated in some way, couldn't it theoretically penetrate? And by superheated i mean thousands of degrees. Also, if Bats made a gun to take down Darkseid, he could at least find a way to disable Wolverine for long enough to remove him from Gotham, or wherever.
    LT1085

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By LT1085
    @rlmay3: heated metal gets soft. super heated metal gets super soft. At most it would burn him and still deflect off of his skull but the batarang be dented but probably not.
    rlmay3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By rlmay3
    @LT1085: I was thinking while I was out about this. How about electricity? Or magnetism? Or maybe even using harvested Joker, Poison Ivy, or Scarecrow toxins? 

I'm not a diehard Wolverine fan, so I'm not by any means an expert on his weaknesses, haha.
    LT1085

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By LT1085
    @rlmay3:  if he pounds a 40 of whiskey he only gets a buzz for about a minute because of his healing factor. so I don't think toxins would do much.
    mistrx75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By mistrx75

Batman would do what he always does against superior opponents and evade them.  It's not like he'd be trying to kill Wolverine anyway, since the doesn't (usually) do that.  He might find a way to immobilize him, but he'd probably just land the occasional hit and make sure he avoids the deadly claws until reinforcements arrive. 
    The Dave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By The Dave

This would be a pretty good fight imo.

If Wolverine gave in to the animal he would be a superior physical combatant to Batman, But batman has dealt with animals before and has shown the ability to dodge attacks that were far faster or deadlier than anything wolverine can throw.  (I mean.. I've seen him get smacked by Darkseid, and Supes.. and he has skill with blades so he could "swordfight" with Wolverine to a point, but not to a victory)

So.. Batman keeps his distance after seeing the claws which Wolverine is most likely going to pull out when he says something threatening.. probably call Batman "bub"  keeping his distances proves a little tricky since Wolverine can sniff him out and hunt him down.. Batman then probably uses some kind of pheromone (he got from Poison Ivy maybe) spray outta his belt temporarily confusing him since Wolverine is brazen enough to outright say "I can smell ya" and give it away. Batman gets some shots in.. realizes he ain't going to be able to do anything permanent to Logan due to the healing factor thing and then just shoots him with a tranquilizer of some sort.  or just keeps evading until Superman or WW turn up. Victory Batman.. sorta

Mr. Smiths

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Mr. Smiths

Wolverined would win. Even if Batman does prepare for him, Wolverine cannot be killed unless you take off his head. And Batman does not kill people so Wolverined would win.

DeadlyWolverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By DeadlyWolverine
    @Mr. Smiths: Actually, even if you take off his head, he cannot be killed.
    Avatar image for the_monkey_manhunter
    The Monkey Manhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman would win due to his superior intellect . has he had prep? or has he just ran into wolverine?  

ORogueO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#27  Edited By ORogueO

wolverine would distroy batman
    conformist21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By conformist21

wolverine would take out batman, it would be a great long fight,
    wolverine just has to connect one slash and it'll go easier from there.
    Batman can out think him and put him down though, but that wouldn't happen as often as wolverine beating him

BrianDusel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By BrianDusel

Batman has plenty of tricks, but in the end, Wolverine wont stay down and Batman doesn't have any adamantium repelent spray in the utility belt.  Wolverine for the win.
    Avatar image for golden_superman
    Golden Superman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Golden Superman
    @LT1085 said:

" It would go something like this. 
    "

I hate Wolverine now.  
    If Superman sees this, then he will dismantle Wolverine.
    crackerjack82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By crackerjack82

This is how it would go, i do not really care for wolverine, but this how it will go 

xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#32  Edited By xerox_kitty

THIS IS NOT A BATTLE THREAD.  This thread asks if they have ever met or fought.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#33  Edited By entropy_aegis

No but in amalgam logan did steal the batmobile LOL.
    entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#34  Edited By entropy_aegis

MyronLee26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By MyronLee26
    @LT1085:  From marvel.wikia
    WOLVERINE
    Master Tactician: Though seemingly brutish, Wolverine is highly intelligent. When Forge monitored Wolverine's vitals during a Danger Room training session, he reported Logan's physical and mental state as "equivalent to an Olympic-level gymnast performing a Gold-medal-winning routine whilst simultaneously beating four chess computers in his head",which gives something of an idea of the level of sophistication and tactical processing Logan is capable of utilizing while in combat. He remembers Ogun teaching him Sun Tzu's The Art of War.
    MyronLee26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By MyronLee26
    @ORogueO: I agree. Batman fans always put him in hypothetical situations for him to win. "Batman can defeat Wolverine with the Murarmasa Blade", "if Batman can make a Anti-Wolverine bomb, he can win". LOL. 
    well, for one, Wolverine doesnt carry the Muramasa Blade with him, so Batman cant use that against him. And people give the excuse that Batman has defeated opponents more powerful than Wolverine, which is true, but Wolverine has Defeated / Killed / Almost Killed opponents that are MUCH more powerful than Batman. Batman only defeated Darkseid because he shot him with a Radion bullet and Superman with Kryptonite.

Face it, Wolverine can take anything Batman dishes out. Wolverine wins.
    Avatar image for fenixrevolution
    fenixREVOLUTION

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#37  Edited By fenixREVOLUTION

I don't think they've ever fought, but it would be a pretty fun thing to see.

xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#38  Edited By xerox_kitty
    @MyronLee26: This is NOT a Battle thread.  The question is, have Batman & Wolverine ever faced-off.
    Afighter2U

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Afighter2U

there is no possible reason for wolverine to JUST kill Batman.  It is all about who the writer picks to win if it going to happen IMO.

Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 6

#40  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt

No they've never fought. They never will.  Comparing the two is like comparing John Grisham to Shakespeare. (Batman is Shakespeare)

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By SC  Moderator

The met once at Studio 54, back in 84'. Batman was actually in his Bruce Wayne persona, Wolverine was undercover as Patch. The tension was undeniable, you would have been able to cut the air with an Adamantium scented candle of passion. They didn't arrive together, but they left together.... they had realized they had a common enemy of course and so needed to investigate together. That enemy was loneliness and the prescription for the cure.... oh wait, did I see loneliness, I mean, Lone Li Less, big type Hong Kong crime boss. Dealings in Gotham and Madripoor, really bad fella, was dealing with a lot of black market stuff, drugs, sex trade, comic torrents, supplying Scientologists with slaves. If there is one thing that Batman and Wolverine love more than oiling up and frolicking in the hot summer sun splashing about water at each other, its bringing justice to bad guys who cut into their share of comic profits.  

Too bad Lone Li Less had acquired the aid of two dangerous dangerous bodyguards and one hot sexy token female body guard, by the name of Cyber the Sky Dragon and Mr Freeze, Son of Mr Whippy, and the Sabre Tooth Cat Woman.  

There was a fiiiiiiiirefight! Even though they were outnumbered Batman's preparation super skills meant he had brought 6 guns. Also he fastball specialled Wolverine. He took his skilled, firm and strong hand, to gently squeeze and grip onto Woverines trembling but muscular lower frame... the metal made it hard to get it up, but Batman's passionate fury allowed him to hoist up Wolverine high enough and at the perfect angle... he supported all of his weight and Wolverine gave in with a deep and knowing trust... Batman's hand supported by his sweating and heaving body, pushing though with maximum momentum., he strains to push Wolverine violently. Wolverine glides though the air, like a swan covered in BP oil... Batman's accuracy is intense and perfect, Wolverine hits the spot perfectly. Bodies are left lying on the floor after its all said and done.  

Only Lone Li Less was left to defeat, but Wolverine and Batman had both realized, that for them, both of them, and no one else in the world... Lone Li Less could never be defeated, but they were content in the moments that they had both felt is cold touch warmed by the hands of each other, and they knew deep down in their heart of hearts that they would always have the "fastball special" so they parted ways, without even saying a word. Wolverine still smoking his cigar, Batman walking away with his thoughts on his new but now lost bub'  

At least this is my understanding of what happened by a issue summary I read at Fan Fiction dot net. I would post a link to it, but it had some pretty explicit swearing and for some reason in the comic scans, Batman and Wolverine had lost their pants. Maybe it was laundry day or something. 

TypingKira

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#42  Edited By TypingKira
    @SC: OMfreakingodfried. . . The things you post sometimes even amaze me. And I write fanfiction! 
    Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#43  Edited By Mercy_

Oh dear god the amount of win. 

Donnieman v5.1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Donnieman v5.1
    @SC: That was so frickin' awesome.
    TypingKira

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By TypingKira
    @SC: You, sir, are a heaping stack of win with win sauce and win dressing, with win pudding for dessert and a lovely jammy wine with hints of butteyness and win. 
    brantumbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By brantumbo
    @SC  

...wow...
    SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By SC  Moderator
    @TypingKira: @brantumbo: @Donnieman v5.1: @The Dark Huntress:  *embarrassed* Who would have thought my hours and hours of Batman and Wolverine day dreaming each day would benefit me one day. 0_o 

Thank you *red*, I am just happy people got the Boondock Saints reference (huh?)  

Ooh TypingKira!! Your new avatar is the thing that wins! Awwwh, Wasp is so awesome in that show, I am starting to go into withdrawals without it!  

*awkwardly stumbles out of thread*
    TypingKira

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By TypingKira
    @SC said:
    " @TypingKira: @brantumbo: @Donnieman v5.1: @The Dark Huntress:  *embarrassed* Who would have thought my hours and hours of Batman and Wolverine day dreaming each day would benefit me one day. 0_o  Thank you *red*, I am just happy people got the Boondock Saints reference (huh?)   Ooh TypingKira!! Your new avatar is the thing that wins! Awwwh, Wasp is so awesome in that show, I am starting to go into withdrawals without it!   *awkwardly stumbles out of thread* "
    I LOVE THE AVENGERS EMH. Me and my cousin sit around and watch it for ages and ages of men. I watch it on my laptop while I cook. Wasp is great. Thanks!! 

You deserve the massive amounts of praise, that was both hot and hilarious. 
    Donnieman v5.1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Donnieman v5.1
    @TypingKira said:
    " You deserve the massive amounts of praise, that was both hot and hilarious.  "
    Too true, too true.
    TypingKira

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By TypingKira
    @Donnieman v5.1 said:
    " @TypingKira said:
    " You deserve the massive amounts of praise, that was both hot and hilarious.  "
    Too true, too true. "
    I can't wait to see him on the Fanfic forums. 

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.