Follow

Wolverine

Character » Wolverine appears in 16088 issues.

A long-lived mutant with the rage of a beast and the soul of a Samurai, James "Logan" Howlett's once mysterious past is filled with blood, war, and betrayal. Possessing an accelerated healing factor, keenly enhanced senses, and bone claws in each hand (along with his skeleton) that are coated in adamantium; Wolverine is, without question, the ultimate weapon.

Wolverine Japan Saga

Superguy0009e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Superguy0009e

The upcoming Wolverine movie is apparently based of his "Japan Saga".

What exactly is the Japan saga about, is it any good, and if so what issues are they so I can pick them up?

Ultimate Wolverine #1 (2013)
    Avatar image for manwhohaseverything
    Manwhohaseverything

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Superguy0009e said:

The upcoming Wolverine movie is apparently based of his "Japan Saga".

What exactly is the Japan saga about, is it any good, and if so what issues are they so I can pick them up?

I'm thinking they probably mean the Wolverine mini-series from the early 80's by Chris Claremont and Frank Miller. It rocked. And, IMHO, is the series that defined the Wolverine we saw for the 80's and 90's.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=wolverine+mini+series

Superguy0009e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Superguy0009e

@Manwhohaseverything: Thanks!!

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4  Edited By z3ro180

@Superguy0009e: i thought ultimate wolverine is dead ?

Timandm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#5  Edited By Timandm

@Manwhohaseverything: Are you talking about the six issue thing with Wolverine and Kitty Pryde?

Avatar image for manwhohaseverything
    Manwhohaseverything

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Timandm said:

@Manwhohaseverything: Are you talking about the six issue thing with Wolverine and Kitty Pryde?

No..the mini-series from 1982. Where Wolverine is in Japan, finds his true love, nasty things happen..Wolvie gets nasty in return. 4 issue mini-series. Been years since i read it, and don't have my own copies. I read it cause a friend of mine had it.

Superguy0009e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Superguy0009e

@Manwhohaseverything: if you want to read it, it is on comixology.

@Z3RO180: i was just using the ultimate wolverine picture, i really meant the 616 universe.

Timandm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#8  Edited By Timandm

@Manwhohaseverything said:

@Timandm said:

No..the mini-series from 1982. Where Wolverine is in Japan, finds his true love, nasty things happen..Wolvie gets nasty in return. 4 issue mini-series. Been years since i read it, and don't have my own copies. I read it cause a friend of mine had it.

I'm going to have to look for it... I have to say, my first thought was, "nasty things happen EVERY time Wolverine goes to Japan." :-)

AnimeVice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By AnimeVice

That ultimate picture confusingly contradicts the main point. I really hope that Hollywood doesn't base the movie off of Ultimate crossing over the storyline to 616 Wolverine. There would be so much inconsistency in one movie it would be like comparing X-1, X-2 and X-3 Wolverine's background to Wolverine Origin and Wolverine featured in First Class. No, Creed is not Logan's brother. -_-;

Superguy0009e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Superguy0009e

@AnimeVice: I just used it because it was the first one I could put up.

RedFox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Check out the Japanese Manga/Anime wolverine series a great retelling of the tale http://www.watchcartoononline.com/wolverine-2011-episode-1-english-dubbed

Love to see the wolverine Kitty mini series animated the same. PS you have to live with a taller thinner manga wolverine but otherwise excellent 12 part series

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.