Follow

Wolverine

Character » Wolverine appears in 16086 issues.

A long-lived mutant with the rage of a beast and the soul of a Samurai, James "Logan" Howlett's once mysterious past is filled with blood, war, and betrayal. Possessing an accelerated healing factor, keenly enhanced senses, and bone claws in each hand (along with his skeleton) that are coated in adamantium; Wolverine is, without question, the ultimate weapon.

Wolverine After He Comes Back

zackisme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

What changes would you like to see in Wolverine after he comes back from his eventual death?

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#2 god_spawn  Moderator

Get rid of the stupid rose tattoo and the scar. It's so cliched. And his fear of razor blades...and let's just not have Cornell write anything about Wolverine again. I want his healing factor back and I want his fighting abilities back. Aside from that, I'd like him to go back to a lone samurai thing before he rejoins any team. I'd like his resurrection to be under the radar and he goes and re-trains himself. Like another Manifest Destiny kind of deal. Then he can rejoin a team. Oh, and he can keep the suit and guns. We don't see Logan with a gun very often, and while he should get his healing factor, the armor would just add to his already impressive damage soak, and it be a reminder to not fall back on his healing as much.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By JakeN7

Get rid of the stupid rose tattoo and the scar. It's so cliched. And his fear of razor blades...and let's just not have Cornell write anything about Wolverine again. I want his healing factor back and I want his fighting abilities back. Aside from that, I'd like him to go back to a lone samurai thing before he rejoins any team. I'd like his resurrection to be under the radar and he goes and re-trains himself. Like another Manifest Destiny kind of deal. Then he can rejoin a team. Oh, and he can keep the suit and guns. We don't see Logan with a gun very often, and while he should get his healing factor, the armor would just add to his already impressive damage soak, and it be a reminder to not fall back on his healing as much.

Huh?

*looks up*

No Caption Provided

O_o

No Caption Provided

Why Cornell? Just...whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for thetruebarryallen
    TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Lil' Rosie Claws is all grown up now.

But seriously, his healing factor better kick in & heal all of his bad decisions.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#5  Edited By dernman

He's not coming back. He's gone for good. >:)

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@god_spawn: @jaken7: Cornell should have gave wolverine a tattoo similar to Kaine's. If Wolverine doesn't rack up the body count when he comes back I will be very disappointed

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 god_spawn  Moderator

@kgb725: Wolverine shouldn't have gotten a tattoo, period. Leave the ink to Daken.

Avatar image for deactivated-097092725
    deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I had no idea Cornell did that to Wolverine. I am feeling a bit angry.

Avatar image for doflamingo_the_joker
    Doflamingo_The_Joker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman: Marvel says that kinda stuff until sales go to shit, then they revamp the universe so that everyone's magically back and better than ever! XD

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@god_spawn: I half expected a barbed wire mom tattoo after seeing that rose

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Avatar image for doflamingo_the_joker
    Doflamingo_The_Joker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman: Lol I thought the evil smile was happiness that they were gonna kill him off XD

Amratheking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They should continue the whole "fighting with the angel of death" plot thread from a few years back and tie that in to his death/resurrection somehow. Then, once he's back, as another poster stated, keep him under the radar at first from the other X-Men and Avengers. Hell, give him the Jason Bourne treatment with amnesia and everything.

DarkDay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By DarkDay

@kgb725: Wolverine shouldn't have gotten a tattoo, period. Leave the ink to Daken.

They could totally have given him that tattoo that Colossus had...

No Caption Provided

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

@god_spawn: Everything you have said in this thread is 100% correct.

Avatar image for theamazingimmortalman
    TheAmazingImmortalMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

this. all of this.

ClawFist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Manifest Destiny was so awesome, but then again... Jason Aaron knows how to write a great Wolverine. What I really want, is for Wolverine to finally finish off Sabretooth upon his return. Like really finish him off. No clone, no way out, seriously how is Sabretooth a match for Wolverine? I just don't understand. I mean sure, I understand how Sabretooth can mess with Wolverine mentally, but phsyically? Creed shouldn't be able to stop Logan from cutting him to ribbons. Adamantium Claws > Bone nail claws. There's a fight between Ultimate Wolverine and Sabretooth, Creed talks trash before they duke it out, but Logan just cuts his head off. It's hilarious, degrading to the Creed fans, but so true. If a final fight should happen between Logan and Creed, Logan should win. I'm just so tired of Sabretooth, I would of rather kept Cyber or the boss Omega Red, cause they're phsyically superior to Logan.

Okay, that was more ranty then I wanted to come out, but when Wolverine comes back? I want @god_spawn pretty much hit it on the head. However, I'm not sure if I disagree on the gun. Wolvie knows how to do some serious gun play, but I don't know if I want him walking around with a gun. If his return to under the radar just as God_Spawn desires, then yeah. Honestly, I just want Wolvie to be showcasing all of his skills to the tee. He's reinvented himself so many times, and I get he's not a genius, he's gonna forget some of the stuff he learns, but not everything. I feel like Marvel needs to put a writer on Wolverine that will not only bring Logan back, but bring him back as personification of all of his experience and skills he's learned over the years of his very long life. They need to put up some kind of rule to editorial "Wolverine can't act like this anymore cause we're reinventing him." I'm not saying to totally change Logan, but they need to set up a strict status quo for Logan and stick to it.

So in short, what I want from Logan's eventual return: Sabretooth dies for good and to stick to a status quo that is the culmination of all of his experience and skills.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 god_spawn  Moderator

@clawfist: The thing is Sabretooth has always been physically better than Wolverine. He's always been faster. He's always been stronger. And during a fight with bone claw Logan, Wolverine also admitted Sabretooth's healing factor. Now while I don't necessarily believe due to Logan's over the top feats of healing when he has the adamantium skeleton to heal from, the statement can be taken with a grain of salt, but Creed heals just as fast IMO. Regardless, the whole Wolverine/Sabretooth rivalry for decades has shown if Wolverine fights like Sabretooth, he will lose. So just a savage, mindless animal, he loses. So if Logan just fights on a reliance on pure stats, he will lose. Wolverine has stated the man can beat Sabretooth whereas the beast fails. So as Logan has gotten better as a fighter over the decades, the gap between how effective Creed is against him has widened tremendously.

So I'm not disagreeing with your statement that Wolverine can't cut Creed to ribbons with a splash of realism. But he's only done it like once, though and that was with the Muramasa blade and they've had so many fights as is. Wolverine has the advantages due to skill and adamantium, but Creed is more than physically superior to Logan. In comparison to Cyber and Omega Red, yeah, he falls flat, but that is mainly due to them having other advantages and stats over Wolverine that Sabretooth doesn't have. And he has a hard time compensating against ie carbonadium tentacles, adamantium skin, poison claws, etc. Creed just comes as he is. Maybe I'm misreading your point, but I disagree with the notion physically Creed isn't superior. It just isn't enough to make him win anymore.

ClawFist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@god_spawn: Nah, it's cool to disagree. We all got our own opinions. I just don't see Sabretooth as Logan's physical superior other than being taller. Honesty, their fights go back and forth, but again, he just doesn't bring anything to table that's like WOW when he's facing Logan. He brings the same skills, the same talent, same powers, but instead of claws, he brings nails. He's just this kind of enemy that I feel should of been put away a long time ago. I feel like Marvel keeps trying to make Sabretooth cool, but he's not Wolverine. I've been like "OH MAN, Sabretooth is back!" lol. He's not what Venom is to Spider-Man is what I'm saying, where he brings stronger versions of the same powers with other advantages. He brings the same powers, but with a disadvantage. In my opinion, he just doesn't stack up, Logan's even beat Creed when the Adamantium status quo switched and Creed had the metal and Logan was raw. I just can't see how Creed can still be a major player or outlast Logan's other more elaborate rogue's gallery. I like the status quo shift he was given by Jason Aaron, but I'd rather of him stayed invisible.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 god_spawn  Moderator

@clawfist: Logan's admitted Creed's faster and stronger before, handbooks state it, and Creed generally has better strength feats anyway. He's outright beaten Logan on a few occasions, mainly back in the day. He even ripped Logan's throat out and threw him in the ocean. And this is where that revelation comes that in order to beat him, he can't fight like a beast. Even with the ady, that always spelled a loss for Logan. So Logan has a superior skill gap by a wide margin, and therefore it has virtually eliminated him as a main threat. On the rest of it, I agree that Marvel needs to do something to make him a viable threat instead of just relying on nostalgia or shock factor and having Wolverine plow through him when Logan really does have a few more dangerous rogues like Cyber, Omega Red, or the Gorgon.

ClawFist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@god_spawn: That's just it, though. He "HAS" done all that. Show me a supervillain, and I'll show you a hero he's beaten to a pulp or outclassed at least once. That's the order in which comics generally go, Supervillain pops up, beats the hero, the hero comes back and beats the villain. Sabretooth just isn't impressive to me, Logan can admit till the cows come home that Creed's bigger and stronger than he is, and Creed should be just by size and muscle mass comparrison, but it doesn't change the fact they've been owning each other on different occassions forever. My issue with Creed isn't that he's beaten Logan, or that Logan has admitted on several occassions that Creed is stronger than him. My issue is, Creed doesn't actually bring anything better to the table than Logan does. Creed's admitted Logan to be his better at least once or twice, it just goes back and forth, and it's not fun anymore. Cyber was a dude that Logan was actually afraid of with an Adamantium shell of a body. Omega Red was near invulnerable and had them awesome death spores. Maaaaaaan Gorgon?! Gorgon was a boss lol. Logan killed them all, except for Cyber whom was killed by Daken. Creed has no excuse to have survived, he's arguably hurt Logan the most out of all of his Rogue's gallery, what excuse does Logan have to not have killed him by now when he's taken out most of his other Rogue's? I thought the whole Muramasa blade thing was funny, cause honestly, Logan doesn't need the Muramasa blade to cut off Creed's head. He can just do it, and just hasn't, with the exception of the Ultimate Universe.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 god_spawn  Moderator

@clawfist:

Sabretooth just isn't impressive to me, Logan can admit till the cows come home that Creed's bigger and stronger than he is, and Creed should be just by size and muscle mass comparrison, but it doesn't change the fact they've been owning each other on different occassions forever. My issue with Creed isn't that he's beaten Logan, or that Logan has admitted on several occassions that Creed is stronger than him. My issue is, Creed doesn't actually bring anything better to the table than Logan does. Creed's admitted Logan to be his better at least once or twice, it just goes back and forth, and it's not fun anymore.

And this is where we finally clarify things and get on the same page, just in two different ways. Creed's only real thing he brings that are better are just a couple stats, but not to the point that make him a viable threat that overshadow's Logan's skill and own abilities. And that is all he has, so I'm agreeing with that. In comparison to some of his other rogues he falls flat pretty hard. And Gorgon was beast. I want him back in another Wolverine book.

ClawFist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By ClawFist

@god_spawn:

lol you hit it right on the head, on all accounts. I have to agree on the whole getting rid of the scar and tattoo, Logan's already a unique looking character as it is. By adding these generic "Badass" kind of elements to his character design, it just makes his character look crowded and in my opinion kind of dumb from a design point of view. Let's lose the scar and tattoo. I mean, they could of at least tried to make the rose cooler lol, maybe give it a celtic kind of design, or wrap the vine all the way down his arm and make it look like it was feeding straight from his vain or something. You can't just throw a tattoo on the man and expect everyone to be on board, you have to go the extra mile. That way, even if people don't like that he has a tattoo, they might still like the tattoo.

Amratheking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Creed is still a major player in Wolverine's world because of more than just his physical powers. Sabretooth serves as a dark mirror to the character of Wolverine. He is who Wolverine could have been under different circumstances. He has all the same powers and abilities (yes, those are claws NOT nails), but gives in to his animalistic urges and relishes them. Wolverine tries to suppress these urges, and become a better man in the process. That, above all, is why Sabretooth stands head and shoulders above Omega Red, Cyber, Lady Deathstrike, Bloodscream, Gorgon, etc. He is the ultimate reminder to Wolverine to never let go of his humanity.

Avatar image for symbioticspider-man
    SymbioticSpider-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nothing. I want him to be the same man he was before.

But I hope he doesn't come back for a long time.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.