Follow

Wolverine

Character » Wolverine appears in 16086 issues.

A long-lived mutant with the rage of a beast and the soul of a Samurai, James "Logan" Howlett's once mysterious past is filled with blood, war, and betrayal. Possessing an accelerated healing factor, keenly enhanced senses, and bone claws in each hand (along with his skeleton) that are coated in adamantium; Wolverine is, without question, the ultimate weapon.

Wolverine #900

jamesewelch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By jamesewelch

I just noticed an image and solicitation for Wolverine #900 coming out on May 5, 2010.

I'm pretty sure the Wolverine series hasn't hit #900 yet and, while I understand why Deadpool would get a #900 before he actual reaches it (to make fun of the other big number comics and to get there first), I don't see why Wolverine would follow Deadpool's lead and jump to #900 for a single issue.

References:
    Marvel Wallpaper for Wolverine #900
     http://marvel.com/wallpaper/

Solicitation
     http://www.comixology.com/sku/MAR100603/Wolverine-900

camodude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By camodude

well lets put it this way: most landmark comics do not actually count just the title series and lets count 190 for regular tittle appearances of 1988, then theres 74 issues of regular title in 2003, 46 wolverine origins, 12 Wolverine: Weapon X; which so far is a total of 322. then theres the unconvential titles the spotlight him: 128 of Marvel Comic Presents, 241 comics of Uncanny X-men, 38 New Avengers, 35 New X-men, 33 Astonishing x-men; brings the total to 797. next you need to look at all of his mini series. 6 issues each for: Kitty pryde and Wolverine,  Origin, Wolverine the end; 5 issues each for: Wolverine: xisle, Wolverine: soultaker; 4 issues each for: Wolverine netsuke, Wolverine manifest destiny; which makes the total 827. and then the titles of alternate U's such as: 83 ultimate x-men and just with that you get 910 which is 10 issues ahead of the 900 mark.

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By DEGRAAF
    @camodude:
    thats really dumb. I can understand if they did something like for superman, all Action Comics he was in, all Superman comics he was in and all other comics that are titled after him but i dont think they should consider JLA and all those other ones he makes regular or even random appearances in. Im not even sure if i would include superman/batman since it doesnt really seem to coincide with the regular continuity. 

Same with batman. Give him batman, batman and robin, Dar knight and the other ones he stars in and are named after him but not JLA or maybe not even include Outsiders in the count.
    xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#4  Edited By xerox_kitty

Wolverine #900
    Wolverine #900

WOLVERINE #900
    Written by DAVID FINCH, C.B. CEBULSKI, DEAN MOTTER, MARC BERNARDIN, TODD DEZAGO & MATT YOCUM
    Penciled by DAVID FINCH, GREG SCOTT, POW RODRIXJASON CRAIG & JAKE BILBAO

Cover by DAVID FINCH
    X-Man. Avenger. Soldier. And that's just the HALF of it. In this atomic-sized special, superstar David Finch leads a platoon of comic's most talented creators in giving the Canadian killer a 21-gun salute. Ninjas, bar-room brawls, Morlocks and pirates (yes, PIRATES!): this issue sees the most marvelous mutant of all put through the paces. And if five-all new tales of Snikt-tastic action wasn't enough, there's classic reprints featuring some of Logan's greatest hits!
    104 PGS./New & Reprint/Parental Advisory …$4.99

starz007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By starz007

I don't get it.  Just call it what it is, not fake number it.

I hate how Marvel broke their numbering and then restarted at 600 for a bunch of characters who you can't find 600 comics for.  I want it to be exact when the numbering is hooked back in (a la Spidey).

mimschkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#6  Edited By mimschkin

I think the idea was that because Wolverine will be starting at #1 pretty soon, this is like a farwell landmark thing? It's like super-sized as well. I might be wrong, but that's about the only semi-logical reasoning I can think of.

Avatar image for madripooreconomy
    MadripoorEconomy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By MadripoorEconomy

I don't think this comic was worthy of the #900 - or $4.99 for that matter.  When am I ever going to learn?

FatBoiFreshh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By FatBoiFreshh
    @MadripoorEconomy: its ok nice cover tho' just put it in your short box an forget it's there lol
    jamesewelch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By jamesewelch
    @MadripoorEconomy said:
    " I don't think this comic was worthy of the #900 - or $4.99 for that matter.  When am I ever going to learn? "
    Haha. That's the exact same feeling I had after going through it. I really need to learn to wait a week or a few days for the reviews to come in before jumping in and getting specials like that.
    fanbla72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#10  Edited By fanbla72

f%$# a 900!

they should keep the numbers tight.. and try writing some decent stories for this character, too.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.