Follow

Wolverine

Character » Wolverine appears in 16086 issues.

A long-lived mutant with the rage of a beast and the soul of a Samurai, James "Logan" Howlett's once mysterious past is filled with blood, war, and betrayal. Possessing an accelerated healing factor, keenly enhanced senses, and bone claws in each hand (along with his skeleton) that are coated in adamantium; Wolverine is, without question, the ultimate weapon.

Why did Marvel do it? (kill Wolverine)

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

Ok, a confession. During the 1990s I didn't buy comics, lost interest in the Marvel and DC Universe (thanks Joel Schumacher's crummy movies for that in part), but became a bit of a Wolverine fan. In fact Wolverine was the link between me and the comics and characters I loved as a kid and due to that link and helped by the 00s Marvel Movies and Nolan Batman films, I came back to comics in 2013 after 30 years away and the first comic I bought had Wolverine in it. So whilst I cant claim Wolverine is still my favourite character, I feel the loss of Wolverine at the moment. So why did Marvel kill him off? He was one of their most bankable and popular characters, not to mention in some ways one of the less far fetched ones. Just seeing the lack of posts on this forum right now makes me sad. So why Marvel, why?

Jota23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Wolverine comics were in a slump, in terms of sales, because of the overexposure and almost-across-the-board bad writing that the charcter got, the last few years.

His sales weren't bad, he still sold more than many characters Marvel had been promoting heavily, but they were low for Wolverine.

So, Marvel decided to kill him for shock value, since that is easier than writing the character well, in good stories.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.