Follow

Wolverine

Character » Wolverine appears in 16088 issues.

A long-lived mutant with the rage of a beast and the soul of a Samurai, James "Logan" Howlett's once mysterious past is filled with blood, war, and betrayal. Possessing an accelerated healing factor, keenly enhanced senses, and bone claws in each hand (along with his skeleton) that are coated in adamantium; Wolverine is, without question, the ultimate weapon.

What is Wolverine's Problem in All-New X-Men #2???

Avatar image for the_goddess_of_chaos
    The_Goddess_of_Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

First he goes in a berserker rage to kill teen Scott:

Then he creeps out Jean Grey:

The_Goddess_of_Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

its creeping me out

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#3  Edited By McKlayn

LOL, i agree hes a creepy old man.

I am sure the whole attacking scott thing was meant to be, he "smelt" scott and thought it was the current one coming to the school so he flipped out and attacked him. This however is the EXACT reason he shouldn't lead the whole school thing, i mean for god sakes the man looses his cool and attacks random people he as a BERSERKER mode he shouldn't be in charge he just isn't dependable, he is always off doing his own thing, terrible at communication. I mean would Xavier randomly attacked Magneto if he would of showed up un annouced?

Thing people seem to not get is I am not complaining that he did it, it seems in character. the whole 'he might flip out and start killing people any minute, the whole he runs off on his own and isn't a team player, is part of why he is such a good character, but it is also prime reasons he should be in charge and if you take those traits away from him he is just lame.

Avatar image for 3rdclawtotheleft
    3rdClawtotheleft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By 3rdClawtotheleft

@McKlayn: says the person with the Cyclops was right avatar.

*rolls eyes*
    kid Apollo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By kid Apollo

so thats why all this time travel is going down? Beast is dieing?

oh and you dont need to be a Cyclops fan to know that Wolverine shoudln't be running a school.

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By McKlayn

@3rdClawtotheleft: I am an X man fan, have been for decades now (sadly) I love wolverine (or old claremont wolverine) Saying Cyclops is right is saying the X men were right :D Unlike some single celled organisms who commonly seem to troll on these forums my mind is complex enough to be fans of more then one character , the rivalry between cyclops and wolverine has always been fun to read. There is pretty much not an X man character i dont love, so please stop acting like a dummy.

@kid Apollo: and thank you, but i am sure your opinion is null in void due to your avatar as well :D

Luster77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Luster77

I haven't read the issue yet and planning on it because I get them in my MAILBOX BABY!!! I can see why he went berserker at the sight of young Scott. They respected each other but were always at odds. It started over a chick no less. Now everythings gone to crap and it's all Scott's fault, just killing him would seem to undo everythings that's transpired as of late.

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By Blood1991

The less Wolverine eats this book the better I say. Now if he would have only stayed passed out while Storm, Kitty, and Iceman rush off to get the teen versions of the first X-Men.

As for this being in or out of character, what is Logan's character these days? He is so random and all over the place that I don't know this character anymore.

Solarflare32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Solarflare32

The reason jean was creeped out is simple logan lusted after for years combined with his violent lifestyle seeing into his mind would be creepy that a man you never met lusted after you but also was a vicious killer

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#10  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@Blood1991:

As for this being in or out of character, what is Logan's character these days? He is so random and all over the place that I don't know this character anymore.

To be fair, a lot has happened post AvX in a short amount of time. First he was gonna kill Cyclops but when he saw Cykes was sorry and welcomed it he stopped. Then he called Cyke a true role model. Then Cyclops busts out of jail, becomes a revolutionist, attacking police forces to save mutants. When Hank got back to present day, Logan probably smelled him and was like "Oh snap, this guy is at my school with my kids" and jumped the gun.

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Blood1991

@god_spawn: I'm sure he had reasons I just no longer understand his reasoning for doing anything anymore. His character needs ALOT of work, because nothing he does at the Jean Grey institute feels natural. It all feels forced, because they want Wolverine to take the mantle of leader when it simply doesn't suit him to lead anything bigger than a squad.

I agree alot has happened, but they haven't given the reader much to go on when it comes to his thoughts on these things. We know what Hank, Kitty, Bobby, and Ororo think, but we still don't know what he thinks or wants to do as the "leader" of that group.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@Blood1991:

1) I can't stop laughing at this.

No Caption Provided

2. I can understand Logan's reasoning for doing the things he has been doing. I do agree it does feel a bit forced as I never saw him as a leader of an entire species as he has always been more of a field guy. But I can see where he is coming from. If you want me to explain I will.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@TheAcidSkull: Just Scott and I already said it in a post. I'm just talking about the reason he is doing what he is doing. To answer your question he hates Scott and in his eyes, Scott is a threat and showing up at his school is a slap in Logan's face or possibly an endangerment in Logan's mind to those students. Both Wolverine and Scott have similar goals; protect mutant kind. Scott is just much more forceful and will save both humans and mutants but is putting mutants as priority number 1 for now. At least that is what I gathered from his final statements in AvX Consequences and what he is doing now.

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Blood1991

@god_spawn: I understand that if Scott and his team showed up there He would have no choice, but to fight them. The public can't see his faction and Scott's to be the same, it would put the students at more risk than they already are. However, his reasons coming up to this point confuse the hell out of me. Becoming a teacher, opening a school, and yet still running his kill squad. When he started on X-Force X-23 was a member a teenager, and yet Idie killing set off this huge change of heart. I suppose this could go back to Kurt's death and his talk with Ororo, but nothing internal suggested he wanted to do these things.

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By McKlayn

@Blood1991 said:

@god_spawn: I understand that if Scott and his team showed up there He would have no choice, but to fight them. The public can't see his faction and Scott's to be the same, it would put the students at more risk than they already are. However, his reasons coming up to this point confuse the hell out of me. Becoming a teacher, opening a school, and yet still running his kill squad. When he started on X-Force X-23 was a member a teenager, and yet Idie killing set off this huge change of heart. I suppose this could go back to Kurt's death and his talk with Ororo, but nothing internal suggested he wanted to do these things.

I agree with this, its not that i don't like wolverine its just this isn't wolverine at least not the one that claremont made famous. I also understand character progression and I accept this, but his character is unfocused and forced. He is responsible when they need him to be, but then goes back berserk when its good for ratings? He is all over the place and he needs some fine tuning, best thing would be to get him out of everyone's hands. One writer please, one voice, if its jason Aaron then so be it, if its not then have some one tell us exactly WHO IS wolverine now, if hes the next Professor X cool, hes grown, hes matured, hes a leader now fine. But he can't be a leader of the X men and still be big bad wolverine who goes off on his own and kills whoever pisses him off if he hasn't had his daily beer.

Onemoreposter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#19  Edited By Onemoreposter

@The_Goddess_of_Chaos: I don't understand what's so creepy.

DevilMayehm666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By DevilMayehm666

@Onemoreposter: He's having lolita syndrome over teen Jean.

Onemoreposter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Onemoreposter

@DeviousBastard said:

She's what? 17? Anyone who thinks a 17 year old girl or guy can't be attractive is lying. I'm 21. In the state I live in it's legal for someone up to the age of 24 to have a sexual relationship with someone down to the age of 16. It's not the type of relationship I've ever found myself in and I'm not trying to be pervy, creepy, or weird. However, I think it's completely silly that once a young male or female reaches the age of 18 it's acceptable for them to date people many years older than they are while if they're a year or two younger it's suddenly some "creepy" taboo when really the emotional and physical differences are minute.

Add to all that, that Jean is probably one of the greatest loves in Logan's life and I don't see anything at all "not right" about his comments in the issue. Personally, I didn't even read anything sexual about his comments. I just saw a general shock and awe in him at seeing her alive in the flesh again.

Franchise1590

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Franchise1590

@Onemoreposter said:

@DeviousBastard said:

She's what? 17? Anyone who thinks a 17 year old girl or guy can't be attractive is lying. I'm 21. In the state I live in it's legal for someone up to the age of 24 to have a sexual relationship with someone down to the age of 16. It's not the type of relationship I've ever found myself in and I'm not trying to be pervy, creepy, or weird. However, I think it's completely silly that once a young male or female reaches the age of 18 it's acceptable for them to date people many years older than they are while if they're a year or two younger it's suddenly some "creepy" taboo when really the emotional and physical differences are minute.

Add to all that, that Jean is probably one of the greatest loves in Logan's life and I don't see anything at all "not right" about his comments in the issue. Personally, I didn't even read anything sexual about his comments. I just saw a general shock and awe in him at seeing her alive in the flesh again.

This.

Wolverine just has too many haters imo so people are quick to jump on anything that could be seen as a flaw. Plus his rep don't help.

She looked like grown Jean in a older costume and I didn't even know they were supposed to be teens until someone told me lol.

Wolverine should be a leader and should be over these berserker rages by now tho I have to agree. But any version of Scott showing up after AvX was bound to set him off so I give him a pass on this one.

Onemoreposter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Onemoreposter

@Franchise1590 said:

Wolverine should be a leader and should be over these berserker rages by now tho I have to agree. But any version of Scott showing up after AvX was bound to set him off so I give him a pass on this one.

Agreed.

TheCowman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By TheCowman

@Blood1991 said:

Becoming a teacher, opening a school, and yet still running his kill squad. When he started on X-Force X-23 was a member a teenager, and yet Idie killing set off this huge change of heart.

Well, to be fair, he didn't want Laura on the team and even socked Cyclops when he found out she was already out on a mission. Also, Logan's never said he has a problem with killing. He has a problem with children being forced to kill. In his mind, that's what HE'S there for. He'll do all the ugly, but necessary stuff so that others don't have to.

And I DO agree with you that Logan isn't really suited to be head of the school. But that's kinda why I like it. Seeing Logan try to take over for Xavier and Scott as the "good" mutant leader, even though he's nowhere near the best person for the job. After all, nobody else was stepping up to restart the school, so maybe he felt he had to take the initiative.

I'm hoping that's the idea they stick with and not actually try and change him into the next mutant Martin Luther King for real.

moywar700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By moywar700

wolverine is an idiot for attacking kids

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
    HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@moywar700said:

wolverine is an idiot for attacking kids

so true

@Luster77

said:

I haven't read the issue yet and planning on it because I get them in my MAILBOX BABY!!!
    I can see why he went berserker at the sight of young Scott. They respected each other but were always at odds. It started over a chick no less.
    Now everythings gone to crap and it's all Scott's fault, just killing him would seem to undo everythings that's transpired as of late.

lol

Avatar image for spidermonkey2099
    spidermonkey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 16

#27  Edited By spidermonkey2099

@TheCowman said:

@Blood1991 said:

Becoming a teacher, opening a school, and yet still running his kill squad. When he started on X-Force X-23 was a member a teenager, and yet Idie killing set off this huge change of heart.

Well, to be fair, he didn't want Laura on the team and even socked Cyclops when he found out she was already out on a mission. Also, Logan's never said he has a problem with killing. He has a problem with children being forced to kill. In his mind, that's what HE'S there for. He'll do all the ugly, but necessary stuff so that others don't have to.

And I DO agree with you that Logan isn't really suited to be head of the school. But that's kinda why I like it. Seeing Logan try to take over for Xavier and Scott as the "good" mutant leader, even though he's nowhere near the best person for the job. After all, nobody else was stepping up to restart the school, so maybe he felt he had to take the initiative.

I'm hoping that's the idea they stick with and not actually try and change him into the next mutant Martin Luther King for real.

I agree with everything that Cowman said in this post. I will just add that I hope Wolverine's time as head of the school is temporary and that he eventually hands that title over to either Kitty Pryde or Storm, as I think either one is much more suited to be a leader for mutants (the Xavier to Cyclops' Magneto, if you will). The writers just need to have them step up to the plate. If Kitty Pryde becomes the new head of the school, they can rename Wolverine and the X-Men to Pryde of the X-Men (going from an homage to one X-Men cartoon show to another).

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spidermonkey2099: bendis is trying to connect all-new x-men with the new uncanny x-men like he did with new avengers and avengers

Avatar image for theamazingimmortalman
    TheAmazingImmortalMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I don't have a problem with Logan going berserk at that moment, he smelled Scott on the school grounds and thought the worst, I do agree with the fact that Wolverine should not be headmaster, I think Kitty or Storm should take over after some time, being the Xavier type headmaster doesn't suit him especialy when he is still going out and killing anyone who thought about crossing him ever

The_Goddess_of_Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@TheAmazingImmortalMan: its creepy because wolverine comes from a time where it was ok to marry as young as 14

lol :-p

The_Goddess_of_Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spidermonkey2099
    @TheAmazingImmortalMan: @TheAcidSkull: @god_spawn: @evilvegeta74:
    @Blood1991: 
    @Onemoreposter: 
    @DeviousBastard: 

oh i know why wolverine is short because more than 100 years ago....... 
    Arquitenens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Arquitenens

I want to read this.

The_Goddess_of_Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@DeviousBastard: @Onemoreposter: @TheAcidSkull: @Blood1991: @kid Apollo: @3rdClawtotheleft: @McKlayn: @The_Goddess_of_Chaos:

Crouching Tiger, "Sleeping" Dragon

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Blood1991

@HopesummersFORtheFUTURE: I am just noticing how Teen Beast is analyzing Wolverine's butt O.o

DevilMayehm666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By DevilMayehm666

@The_Goddess_of_Chaos said:

@TheAmazingImmortalMan: its creepy because wolverine comes from a time where it was ok to marry as young as 14

lol :-p

Still is in some places.

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Onemoreposter: @DeviousBastard: @TheAcidSkull: @McKlayn: @The_Goddess_of_Chaos:

@god_spawn: oh because of wolverine's adamantium skull it should protect him better from psychic attacks???

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@HopesummersFORtheFUTURE: No. Only ultimate universe adamantium protects from psychics. 616 adamantium does not. However, Wolverine has level 9 psi shields from Xavier and is very hard to control anyway through sheer force of will.

Avatar image for smart_dork_dude
    Smart_Dork_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#39  Edited By Smart_Dork_Dude

And this is why you don't let the man with the animalistic rage and razor sharp claws run a school because all it could do is take one time traveling person to set him off

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@DeviousBastardsaid:

@Solarflare32

said:

The reason jean was creeped out is simple logan lusted after for years combined with his violent lifestyle seeing into his mind would be creepy that a man you never met lusted after you but also was a vicious killer

wolverine trained balck widow when she was young, heres a pic

No Caption Provided

he taught her to fight dirty.....ick,ick,ick

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.