Follow

Wolverine

Character » Wolverine appears in 16086 issues.

A long-lived mutant with the rage of a beast and the soul of a Samurai, James "Logan" Howlett's once mysterious past is filled with blood, war, and betrayal. Possessing an accelerated healing factor, keenly enhanced senses, and bone claws in each hand (along with his skeleton) that are coated in adamantium; Wolverine is, without question, the ultimate weapon.

Rabbitearsblog's Top 5 Shocking Moments from "Old Man Logan!"

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 79

User Lists: 3

Edited By Rabbitearsblog

Due to many people liking my blog on my “Top 5 moments in X-Men: Mutant Massacre,” I have decided to do another one of my favorite scenes from a comic book! This time, I am doing my top 5 shocking moments from the “Wolverine” story, “Old Man Logan” and here is my list of the most shocking moments in that comic! (Check out my review)!

5) Hawkeye gets Shot

No Caption Provided

Throughout this book, Hawkeye, the only other surviving super hero, has been accompanying Wolverine in delivering a secret package so that he could get into the Avengers team again. Except that it turns out that S.H.I.E.L.D agents were tricking Hawkeye into getting them the super soldier serum and he ends up getting shot in the head. This scene was shocking to me because since Hawkeye was the only other surviving super hero next to Wolverine, having him be killed off in this story really made this story even darker than before.

4) Red Skull kills Captain America

No Caption Provided

The scene where Red Skull becomes the President of the United States after killing Captain America was a truly shocking scene to say the least. Probably the most frightening thing about this scene was the fact that Red Skull ended up having a trophy room where he keeps the Avengers’ costumes in display cases to show his victory in defeating the Avengers.

3) The Hulk Gang kills Wolverine’s Family

No Caption Provided

After Logan’s encounter with Red Skull, he tries to make it back home with the money he promised to pay back the Hulk Gang, only to find out that the Hulk Gang had viciously killed his family while he was gone! This moment then causes Wolverine to go back to his old violent self as he pledges vengeance against the Hulk Gang! This scene was truly emotional since the idea of having a family member killed is truly frightening for anyone.

2) Wolverine kills the Hulk

No Caption Provided

The last few pages of this book were an absolute gore fest as Wolverine goes head to toe with the evil Hulk Gang killing them all. Wolverine then comes across Bruce Banner, who has become evil and is much more powerful and stronger than he ever was before. The scene that really shocked me was after the Hulk eats Wolverine; Wolverine ends up popping out of the Hulk’s belly, killing him. It was so shocking because you never would have thought that Wolverine could ever survive being eaten and then rip his way out of a person’s belly!

1) Wolverine kills the X-Men

No Caption Provided

This scene topped my list because for one thing, you never would have thought that Wolverine would ever hurt the X-Men and another thing, who would have seen Mysterio actually trick Wolverine into killing his friends by creating an allusion where Wolverine thought that he was fighting the villains? It was truly frightening seeing the X-Men being all chopped up and lying on the ground while Wolverine looks on in horror as he saw what he had done. This causes him to not put up his claws since this memory haunted him for years.

So, what moments shocked you the most in “Wolverine: Old Man Logan?”

Avatar image for death_certificate
    Death Certificate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Death Certificate

Hulk having redneck sex with his cousin isn't shocking?

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Rabbitearsblog

@Death Certificate said:

Oh yeah!! I forgot about that part! That part of the story was just so twisted!

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Rabbitearsblog

Bump.

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By lykopis

You pretty much covered it all.

Avatar image for death_certificate
    Death Certificate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Death Certificate

I still want a sequel to this story

dangallant984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By dangallant984

I was just talking about this story the other day, definitely one of my favourite Wolverine stories. A scene that really stuck with me was when Logan puts his head on the rail-road tracks to try to kill himself, after realizing he's killed the X-men.

man I loved that story.

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Rabbitearsblog

@dangallant984 said:

I was just talking about this story the other day, definitely one of my favourite Wolverine stories. A scene that really stuck with me was when Logan puts his head on the rail-road tracks to try to kill himself, after realizing he's killed the X-men.

man I loved that story.

Oh yeah! That was another shocking scene since Wolverine thinking about suicide was truly intense.

@Death Certificate said:

I still want a sequel to this story

Me too! Were they thinking about making a sequel?

arnoldoaad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#8  Edited By arnoldoaad

@Death Certificate said:

yeah, thats the first thing that pop into my head too

thats a little higher than Hawkeye being blind

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Rabbitearsblog

@arnoldoaad said:

@Death Certificate said:

yeah, thats the first thing that pop into my head too

thats a little higher than Hawkeye being blind

It was shocking that Hawkeye became blind.

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By cameron83

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Rabbitearsblog

I definitely would like to see a sequel to this! I wonder if Wolverine would be successful in saving the world in the condition it was in.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.