Follow

Wolverine

Character » Wolverine appears in 16088 issues.

A long-lived mutant with the rage of a beast and the soul of a Samurai, James "Logan" Howlett's once mysterious past is filled with blood, war, and betrayal. Possessing an accelerated healing factor, keenly enhanced senses, and bone claws in each hand (along with his skeleton) that are coated in adamantium; Wolverine is, without question, the ultimate weapon.

how strong do you think wolverine is ?

• 196 results
    speedlgt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#151  Edited By speedlgt

No need to bring batman in to it.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#152  Edited By The_Ghostshell
    speedlgt said:
    "No need to bring batman in to it."
    LOL
    castleking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#153  Edited By castleking
    Gambler said:
    "castleking said:
    "well to be fair thor is a God and i stand by him and his divine claim.
    "
    Nothing wrong with that. But simply being a God doesn't mean your unbeatable.
    "
    then i have bn misinformed because i was told being God is just that  :P
    The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154  Edited By The_Ghostshell
    castleking said:
    "Gambler said:
    "castleking said:
    "well to be fair thor is a God and i stand by him and his divine claim.
    "
    Nothing wrong with that. But simply being a God doesn't mean your unbeatable.
    "
    then i have bn misinformed because i was told being God is just that  :P
    "
    Indeed you have. Wonder Woman is no God yet defeats them on a regular basis. Being a God means what exactly? Thor is the Norse God of Thunder right? Pretty sure Black Adam wouldn't consider him a God, not one of his anyway. Being a God is just a title.
    Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#155  Edited By Erik

In Wolverine #116 it shows how he leaps on top of an 18 wheeler effortlessly. That shows his leg strength in vertical jump. It actually said it was effortless. That is only 13 feet so it is not too impressive in itself. But for that to be effortless is pretty amazing. What can he do with effort?

castleking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156  Edited By castleking
    castleking said:
    "so are we satisfied with the evidence at hand?

SUPER JUMPS

"

geometry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157  Edited By geometry
    erik said:
    "In Wolverine #116 it shows how he leaps on top of an 18 wheeler effortlessly. That shows his leg strength in vertical jump. It actually said it was effortless. That is only 13 feet so it is not too impressive in itself. But for that to be effortless is pretty amazing. What can he do with effort?"

That's a valid point. But 13 feet is hardly anything to laugh at. Not to mention with his 200 plus pound skeleton.
    Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#158  Edited By Erik

He actually did that particular feat with no adamantium. 

jesrour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159  Edited By jesrour

Not As Strong As This Guy:

No Caption Provided

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#160  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    jesrour said:
    "Not As Strong As This Guy:

No Caption Provided
    "
    If Wolverine isn't as strong as him people aren't going to read his comics anymore.
    Vindellavon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#161  Edited By Vindellavon

He's being used as a God nowadays, blasphemy if you ask me, but I'd say he's as strong as they get and as weak as you can imagine. He's no God, he's mortal, though I must say, his refusal to die and staty dead is quite entertaining to read about.

why so serious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162  Edited By why so serious
    Comic version of Wolverine USED to be a beast, when they put him up against Wendigo and Hulk and all that, but not anymore.... now he gets knocked out by idiots like deadpool and punisher. 
    Movie version Wolverine is just crap.... he's just a guy with a couple of knives in his hands. 

Anyways, does the Adamantium bones make Wolverine stronger?  Faster?  Slower?
    castleking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163  Edited By castleking

level 4 strength 

enhanced strength:

Superhuman Strength:

clearly more then peak.

NyghtMare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164  Edited By NyghtMare

@Vance Astro: And Cheshire has beaten Lady Shiva. How exactly is she not a lethal martial artist?

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @NyghtMare said:

@Vance Astro: And Cheshire has beaten Lady Shiva. How exactly is she not a lethal martial artist?

Because you forgot to mention the fact that Shiva was drugged. This is also not the right thread...
    krauser99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166  Edited By krauser99

Definitely low level superhuman. Problem with Batman and Daredevil you might find one good feat like the Limo for DD or the Batman tearing a huge water pipe. But those are the high end ones while Logan is clearly portrayed consistently with there high end strength feats.

Plus you will never get a bio stating Batman or Daredevil have superhuman strength but with Logan you will.

Avatar image for hulkslayert1000
    HulkSlayerT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167  Edited By HulkSlayerT1000

Wolverines adamantium makes him indestructable rather than strong, I'd still say he could lift a few tons or so.

Umbraa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168  Edited By Umbraa

@Hulkslayer---->http://www.formspring.me/TomBrevoort/q/176453195537605990

NiKva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169  Edited By NiKva

Strong enough.

PsychoJack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170  Edited By PsychoJack

About 2 tons maximum.

MrBombastic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171  Edited By MrBombastic
    Logan is strong enough to overpower Wendigo, Hulk, Sasquatch, and Abomination.  Those of you who think Logan can only lift 1 ton are dillusional........ you can't always trust those dumb handbooks, those "official marvel" handbooks are the same handbooks that claim Sentry has the power of a million exploding suns, the the Odin force has "infinite power" and that Juggernaut "can't be hurt", and all of these claims have been proven to be complete bullsh!t.  Some people need to grow a brain and learn to make their own judgments. Ya guys gotta go by da feats when measuring a character's strength.  

Logan has some monster feats, there is no way that he can only lift 1 ton and do the things that he does.  

Here he lifts up Blob who weighs much more than 1 ton, and smashes and tosses him like a ragged doll.  Also trades blows with Hulk.

Logan usually holds back, but when he lets the animal take over, he can destroy anything.

KOs the Hulk and scares the crap out of Wendigo.

KOs the Hulk again.  

Destroys Wendigo.  

Sends Wendigo scrawling with a kick.  

Here's the rest of the battle, Wolverine was beginning to overpower Wendigo.

KOs the Abomination.

Overpowers Grey Hulk. 

Logan is stronger than you guys think.
    god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#172  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@MrBombastic: You must have a different meaning for overpower than most people do. There is a big difference between overpowering someone and having claws that physically maim virtually so they reel back not to get hit. He didn't overpower anyone in any scan, he just just dodged their hits and physically hurt them with his slashes and kept on them. And the Abombination scan I don't believe is canon. And Blob only weighs roughly 600 pounds IIRC, so he is perfectly within Logan's element. Thinking he is physically on par with them with a bunch of out of context scans is what is delusional.

MrBombastic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173  Edited By MrBombastic
    @god_spawn said:

@MrBombastic: You must have a different meaning for overpower than most people do. There is a big difference between overpowering someone and having claws that physically maim virtually so they reel back not to get hit. He didn't overpower anyone in any scan, he just just dodged their hits and physically hurt them with his slashes and kept on them. 

@god_spawn:  If you knew how tough Hulk is than you would know that if a normal man or even a peak human hit Hulk with claws, Hulk wouldn't even budge.  Wolverine was able to KO him viciously, twice, so whether you like it or not, Logan demonstrated superhuman strength when he KO'ed Hulk, and Wendigo.   
    Reel back not to get hit?  Lol......... no they weren't, Hulk and Wendigo were getting bombarded with hits, slashed to ribbons, and put to sleep by Logan.  It proves beyond a shadow of a doubt that Logan's strength is superhuman.  That was my point.  

@god_spawn

said:

@MrBombastic: And Blob only weighs roughly 600 pounds IIRC, so he is perfectly within Logan's element. 

Blob weighed up to one ton as his mutation further developed, and he also has a gravitational field that makes him much heavier and harder to move than he already is. Wolverine was able to lift him and toss him, casually.  Again it proves Logan's strength is far beyond peak human.

@god_spawn

said:

@MrBombastic: Thinking he is physically on par with them with a bunch of out of context scans is what is delusional.

I never said Wolverine was physically on par with Hulk or Blob, come on now, don't go shoving words into my mouth.  I said it takes superhuman strength for Wolverine to destroy guys like Hulk and Wendigo the way he did, and lift Blob and toss him casually.  That was in response to some of the people here who says that Logan's strength is only that of a normal human, or just peak human.  
    Tell me what's delusional.
    Alexander505

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174  Edited By Alexander505

Uncle Logan can lift over his head at least 3500 lbs without problem and effort.

Dark_Slayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sooo can we all agree he's low level superhuman??? Stronger than Cap.....but not by much.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#176 god_spawn  Moderator

Sooo can we all agree he's low level superhuman??? Stronger than Cap.....but not by much.

He's considered low level superhuman anyway and has feats that suggests he should be in the 1-2 ton range anyway. Not much argue against :P.

Alexander505

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Logan is class 2 tons, isn't like Cap, but more stronger than him. If Cap can lift over his head 800 lbs, Logan can lift 1500-2000 lbs, without strain.

THORSON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

weaker than spiderman

stronger than magneto

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I believe that it's generally believed that he can lift (at max) 2 tons. I mean,I think that his feats help to support that.

loepower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@speedlgt: Well originally Wolverine was supposed to have superhuman strength much higher than peak human.His first apperance was against the Hulk. His strength behind his adamantium claws is what gave him the ability to hurt the hulk. He even knocked hulk down by hurling himself into the hilk or knocking him back. He also fought hercules early on and had enough strength to garner his respect. Marvel has dumbed down his strength to tell the samurai storylines. Before that he was 1 power level below spiderman. Spiderman respected his strength. Sabretooth has super strength and Wolverine is closer to his strength than cap. I think wolverine is like a mini hulk. He gets better as he fights. Stronger faster so the best way to describe his strength could be to say he starts off just above peak human and according to the situation and opponent his strength reaches another level

Rpgesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

LIke 5-8 tons if his life absolutely depended on it

Alexander505

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182  Edited By Alexander505

He's almost 2 tons level. Probably he can lift over his head 1800 kg, 'cause he was able to lift over his head with one arm 12 people, so, about 900 kg. Almost twice stronger than Cap.

morgadc1887

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@john_valentine: i could say that anyone writing anything is a fan and discredit it based on your logic, if it's published its a usable showing.

morgadc1887

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ultimatedeadpool: lol yes, let's trust you, over people writing the comic books. I say anything you've ever argued based on a comic example is a writing error.

morgadc1887

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185  Edited By morgadc1887

@vance_astro: @deadpool: haha first you guys argue based on admittedly 20 year old cards that haven't changed,

"They're obviously aware of what happened before the handbook came out, now you gotta ask yourself... is the official handbook and collector cards correct which have remained unchanged for over 20 years, or are the writers that can't agree?"

then you say what's his strength now and ignore old showings, all the while saying let's ignore comic book feats because the authors are wrong. Is this comic vine or retard vine? If this were superman and someone claimed all his high showings were fan writers you'd probably be in a tizzy crying about it. As far as I can tell it's pretty widely accepted he's above a ton and somewhere below probably 4 tons

morgadc1887

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@loaded_revolver: yeah but what you believe is moot, I don't believe mutants exist yet here they are in our comics.

morgadc1887

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrbombastic: these people will say anything to win, they've basically had two arguements, ignore comics because writers are stupid, and only pay attention to one source (the handbook), don't count any feats at all. Essentially the opposite of any regular arguement ever, and act like we're the stupid ones.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188 vance_astro  Moderator

@vance_astro: @deadpool: haha first you guys argue based on admittedly 20 year old cards that haven't changed,

"They're obviously aware of what happened before the handbook came out, now you gotta ask yourself... is the official handbook and collector cards correct which have remained unchanged for over 20 years, or are the writers that can't agree?"

then you say what's his strength now and ignore old showings, all the while saying let's ignore comic book feats because the authors are wrong. Is this comic vine or retard vine? If this were superman and someone claimed all his high showings were fan writers you'd probably be in a tizzy crying about it. As far as I can tell it's pretty widely accepted he's above a ton and somewhere below probably 4 tons

So apparently you came here to try and start an argument about posts that are over 7 years old so allow me to give you a warning. Tone it down. I'm fine with you disagreeing with anything I say but don't try to insult me. Keep your points about the topic and nothing else.

Capfan85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think he is around Captain America's level of strength maybe slightly weaker.

morgadc1887

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190  Edited By morgadc1887

@vance_astro: Okay, didn't realize I was dealing with a tough guy. What would I do if I lost my status on Comic Vine? Probably commit suicide, ROFL.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

@morgadc1887 said:

@vance_astro: Okay, didn't realize I was dealing with a tough guy. What would I do if I lost my status on Comic Vine? Probably commit suicide, ROFL.

You're not dealing with a tough guy, you're dealing with a mod. I don't care how you feel about losing your status on Comic Vine, i'm just telling you how we deal with people who break the rules so you don't go running to the staff pretending I didn't warn you when I ban you.

GonnaGetThat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Strong enough to lift this fish
    Strong enough to lift this fish
    And this log
    And this log

GeekyLord13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194  Edited By GeekyLord13

Wolverine does have superhuman strength, and not ALL of it has to do with his adamantium. Without his adamantium, he should be as strong or slightly stronger than Captain America, who is capable of lifting up to 2 tons. But he is not at the same level as, let's say, Spider-Man or Beast, with or without a metal skeleton, which would double, possibly even triple, Logan's strength since his body can now support more and he's been carrying it around for a long time.

LDM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

2 tonner max

Superhero24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

2 - 3 tons. He is peak human, but he has adamantium that allows for more weight to be carried. His muscles tearing are no worry, since he can heal from it.

dami24434

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

5 tons max

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

Around peak human would be my estimation, since his powers don't grant him additional strength, but there is additional weight in his punches and moves from the adamantium skeleton.

Cybernetics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

3 Tons

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.