inferiorego's Wolverine #6 - Wolverine vs The X-Men, part 1 review

Avatar image for inferiorego
  • inferiorego wrote this review on .
  • inferiorego has written a total of 318 reviews. The last one was for

Review: Wolverine #6

How do you kill the unkillable? The X-Men, while working with Magneto, try and find a way to stop the demon infested body of Wolverine. Artist Daniel Acuna steps in as the artist in this run of Wolverine.

The Good

I love how it is a new storyline, but there's still a few leftovers from the last arc. Not everything is wrapped up in a little neat package for once. I love the idea of this team planning a way to kill Wolverine and having to actually put it into action. Overall, it a cool issue, and you'll like it if you liked the Wolverine goes to Hell storyline.

The Bad

Although I love Acuna's artwork, I had a couple of problems with it here. First, I don't think the art fit the tone of the book. It came off as a little comical. His art works well with more light-hearted books, like The Flash, but here it seemed a bit out of place. Secondly, the more the book went on, the more I noticed more and more white negative space. It became incredibly distracting. I have a feeling this storyline will turn out to be very good, but this issue feels like it's missing something. I can't put my finger on it.

The Verdict 3.5/5 - Recommended

Ok Jump-on Point

A solid start to a new story, and a good carry-over from the last story arc; however, even though I love Acuna's work, it just doesn't work for me in this issue. It's still a pretty solid story, and the art is very pretty, but they don't seem to mess together very well. This is not a great jumping-on point simply because this story carries over from the last one, but don't let that get you down. Wolverine Goes to Hell was a solid book.