Follow

Wolfsbane

Character » Wolfsbane appears in 2603 issues.

A member of the original New Mutants, Wolfsbane has the power of lycanthropy.

The Hit List

Bubba_Hyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Bubba_Hyde

An old friend of mine, who's been a Wolfbane fan since the late 80s herself, suggested this topic.

Wolfsbane has been wronged by a number of people in the Marvel universe, both hero and villian, so who has done the most damage? Pick one hero and one villain who you believe have done the most to harm her and if you feel like it, explain why.

My choice:

Hero - Havok - Wouldn't accompny Rahne to Muir Isle for treatment and did nothing as she slowly went insane to the point of attacking people and killing someone. What kind of man does that to a 16 year old kid?!

Villain - Mystique - Murdeing Moira caused Rahne serious damage and set the stage for all the terrible events in her life over the past 10 years of writing.

Her choice:

Hero - Elixir - Held Rahne's fate as a teacher in his hands, but threw her under the bus when Kevin tried to blackmail him, proving her never really cared about her. (I guess I can see her point.....she thinks Rahne would have been better off with X-Men than X-Factor and Rahne was happy teaching.)

Villain - Reverend Craig - Turned his back on God and preached hate, then physically abused and emotionally tortured Rahne for 14 years. (Can't argue with this one....he might be the most offensive character in Marvel in my opinion)

Anyone else care to opine?

Bubba_Hyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Rahne fans left? Did someone brainwash her again and she ate everyone but me?!

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I agree with your friend about Reverend Craig being the nastiest villain to Rahne but have to disagree about Elixir. She was the adult (granted, 19 to his sixteen/eventeen) and was in a position of trust as a mentor. Plus, she hid it from her best friend Dani who was his team leader so although I found what he did to Laurie pretty mean as a way to get Rahne jealous, he was still just a teenager. She should have known better.

So for hero, I am going with Havok as well.

(Oh, and I LOVE Rahne - just don't get what the heck happened to her since heading over to X-Factor)

Bubba_Hyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Bubba_Hyde

@lykopis said:

I agree with your friend about Reverend Craig being the nastiest villain to Rahne but have to disagree about Elixir. She was the adult (granted, 19 to his sixteen/eventeen) and was in a position of trust as a mentor. Plus, she hid it from her best friend Dani who was his team leader so although I found what he did to Laurie pretty mean as a way to get Rahne jealous, he was still just a teenager. She should have known better.

So for hero, I am going with Havok as well.

(Oh, and I LOVE Rahne - just don't get what the heck happened to her since heading over to X-Factor)

Yeah, I've got to agree, she should have known better and not let him prey on her emotions like that. Still seems out of character for her even with Moira dying, but.......

I don't get the stuff at X-Factor either. Thanks for the input.

LMD525

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In all honesty, Wolfsbane’s greatest villain is her father. The dude is the worst dad ever and the way he died was simply karma at it’s finest.

This may be a little meta but the writers themselves have also done a lot of damage to her life. Wolfsbane just can’t catch a break!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.